AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-26, 08:51   Link #1641
DarkDooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
Seitsuki has mentioned this.
Where did he mention that? Why is the last part missing?

Also, the 2 illustrations aren't included in the chapter
Old 2012-11-26, 09:14   Link #1642
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
What if Miyuki is not really his sister. Furthermore they could easily change his memory when they experimented on him.
If Miyuki turns out not to be his sister, she'll have the happiest day of her life, and Tatsuya can brace for a full-fledged assault

It would feel like a little bit of a cop-out though. I'd like them to resolve their relationship based on what it is now.
Old 2012-11-26, 09:14   Link #1643
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I shouldn't be saying this...but damn, you guys really loves to leave us hanging. That ending in chapter 9 really makes me want to read the next chapter immediately.

Anyway, thanks for the chapter.

Old 2012-11-26, 10:18   Link #1644
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Couple more hours.
Remember to recharge your energy whenever possible

Spoiler for like this:

About Miyuki's relationship with Tatsuya, she has mentioned that they have already taken a few DNA tests along the way and the result was as expected.... Related or not, I still want them to repopulate the earth if anything goes wrong
Old 2012-11-26, 12:02   Link #1645
erdii

well ı don't care what kind of incest scenerio you create but wasn't it already said tatsuya can not love romantically. even miyuki's depressed about it. ı am more interested in other charecters' relationships
Old 2012-11-26, 12:19   Link #1646
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
well ı don't care what kind of incest scenerio you create but wasn't it already said tatsuya can not love romantically. even miyuki's depressed about it. ı am more interested in other charecters' relationships
Well IIRC...
Spoiler:
Old 2012-11-26, 12:20   Link #1647
Mentar
Banned

It is said that due to the procedure he lost strong emotions save his love for Miyuki, which is not the same as "can't", and even this limitation is gradually disappearing in later arcs. Besides, in a world with magic, nothing is fundamentally impossible. The development of the relationship between Tatsuya and Miyuki will remain one of the big cornerstones of the story.
Old 2012-11-26, 13:26   Link #1648
BakuDan
Let's count up your sins!

Looks like an incomplete version of v4 ch8 is out. All its missing is the Battleboard Preliminaries.
Old 2012-11-26, 18:02   Link #1649
pampz21
ShipCore

Spoiler for TAMNI & tatsuya:

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2012-11-26, 22:12   Link #1650
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
If Miyuki turns out not to be his sister, she'll have the happiest day of her life, and Tatsuya can brace for a full-fledged assault

It would feel like a little bit of a cop-out though. I'd like them to resolve their relationship based on what it is now.
What I'm saying is that the only reason Tatsuya never attacked the Yotsuba is because of his "love for his "sister"" and if there is no sister. Then there is nothing holding him back anymore. He will probably use every connection he has to destroy the Yotsuba clan and FLT(the company his father own).

If Miyuki ever dies Tatsuya's seal will vanish. Making him unstoppable and that is why they input "sister love" as the only strong emotion he has. Cause he is protecting the thing that is restraining him.
Old 2012-11-26, 22:29   Link #1651
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
What I'm saying is that the only reason Tatsuya never attacked the Yotsuba is because of his "love for his "sister"" and if there is no sister. Then there is nothing holding him back anymore. He will probably use every connection he has to destroy the Yotsuba clan and FLT(the company his father own).
Completely wrong. Tatsuya's character is first and foremost the type that doesn't bother with unnecessary things (this has been mentioned a bunch of times in novel), if; let's say, he would have been born a single child; then rather than take revenge on the Youtsuba he would have first and foremost choose a way to cut ties with the clan and create a situation where he can't be chased no coerced into anything. The Yotsuba would probably pursue and a huge mess would result, but it would definitely not be initiated by Tatsuya.

Right now, with Miyuki around, a part of him is "playing it nice" because being with peace with the clan helps with keeping pace on Miyuki's day to day life. Both he and the clan realize that such situation isn't going to last that long, though; as Tatsuya knows that he can't keep themselves completely clean out of Yotsuba influence.
Old 2012-11-28, 05:49   Link #1652
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Sorry for bringing up an old topic, but I have a question regarding flying-type magic since...well, I've just noticed that I had skipped the first 2 chapter in vol 3. My question is that: The main problem of flying-type magic is that the inteference limit since the magic proposed is that the information body will still retains magic A after applying magic B to the information body.. but how was it different with the system from Tatsuya with his loop casting? Didn't his magic was basically applying another magic to the information body?

I read the explanation but I'm not very clear about it

Old 2012-11-28, 07:08   Link #1653
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I was under the impression that in the loop casting system that Tatsuya developed, he inserted a program that rapidly goes through the sequence of completely canceling and casting the spells over and over. The problem with the previous model was that even though the spell was canceled, the effect of the spell was still there. So his system removes and recasts the spell repeatedly ... though I could have read it wrong.

I've had the minor problem recently, since watchin OniAi, of overlapping the little sister characters. Every time Miyuki gets the Onii-sama head pat or goes off into her little wonderland I imagine the imagine Akiko's "geh hehe hehehe" although it is fun and cute in it's own way I suppose.
Old 2012-11-28, 07:36   Link #1654
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Wait when I read the passage again, I found this line to be quite important :
Quote:
"Magic Sequences that have not fulfilled their ending requirements will naturally fade with time, but will remain with the target Information Body. When a new magic nullifies the previous magic's effects, the previous magic looks to be canceled, but in reality is merely being overwritten."
So uh... is the magic from Tatsuya loopcast should've ending requirement that will end before the CAD loop casted the same spell? I still don't understand the explanation of this :
Quote:
According to this process, as long as new conceptual ideas are not introduced into the Calculation Area, the variables would continuously mirror the original values.

With the Activation Sequence added into the self-replicating Non-Systematic Magic data near the final stages of the Magic Sequence construction process and allowing the Activation Sequence to be applied to the Magic Calculation Area, even if the CAD is not being operated, the same Magic Sequence can still be invoked -- using the Loop System, that is. Thus, the same Activation Sequence, construction of the Magic Sequence, and the data variables can be endlessly plugged in. This is the truth behind Flying-Type Magic.
..is it more like that they don't have anything to do with the ending requirement since it basically the same spell that is looped with only different variables inserted and thus can create the 'movement' in that spell?

uh..or perhaps I misunderstand all of this completely?

Old 2012-11-28, 12:34   Link #1655
Dreyakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Wait when I read the passage again, I found this line to be quite important :

So uh... is the magic from Tatsuya loopcast should've ending requirement that will end before the CAD loop casted the same spell? I still don't understand the explanation of this :

..is it more like that they don't have anything to do with the ending requirement since it basically the same spell that is looped with only different variables inserted and thus can create the 'movement' in that spell?

uh..or perhaps I misunderstand all of this completely?
Think of it this way: when people tried to create Flying-Type Magic in the past, they were repeatedly casting Move-Type Magic in the air. This rapidly built up magic resistance and stress within the caster due to the multiple overlapping magics piling on top of one another.

Tatsuya's Loop Cast System doesn't have a clean cut ending requirement. When a normal Activation Sequence is about to end, Tatsuya inserted a "refresh" button near the end. What he does here is he creates a self-referencing formula. He doesn't have many Magic Sequences in a row, he has one unending Magic Sequence. By doing so, he sidestepped the problem of increasing magic resistance and, so long as the caster is able to sustain the magic, allows anyone to fly until their magic gives out.
Old 2012-11-28, 15:46   Link #1656
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreyakis View Post
Think of it this way: when people tried to create Flying-Type Magic in the past, they were repeatedly casting Move-Type Magic in the air. This rapidly built up magic resistance and stress within the caster due to the multiple overlapping magics piling on top of one another.

Tatsuya's Loop Cast System doesn't have a clean cut ending requirement. When a normal Activation Sequence is about to end, Tatsuya inserted a "refresh" button near the end. What he does here is he creates a self-referencing formula. He doesn't have many Magic Sequences in a row, he has one unending Magic Sequence. By doing so, he sidestepped the problem of increasing magic resistance and, so long as the caster is able to sustain the magic, allows anyone to fly until their magic gives out.
I think Drey's got a good explanation for it. I kind of think of it in terms of a number system, though.

When trying flight magic, people in the "past" used magic to say "Go from 0 to 10," and if they decided midway that they wanted to "Go from 0 to 5," they had to overwrite magic.

Tatsuya's flight magic is something like "I'm going from 0 to 10, but to do that, I will go 0 to 1, 1 to 2, 2 to 3 (3 iterations of the loop cast system). It has a "clean cut ending," so to speak, but it is not written into the magic. That way, if he decides halfway to "Go 0 to 5," he could stop without overwriting the spell. He could wait for the previous spell to stop before changing directions. He can do the same with the old format of "flight" magic, but it would take too long, so it wouldn't be true flight.

Limits in mathematics is the answer!
Old 2012-11-28, 19:44   Link #1657
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I see.. now it's much clearer now I also still have some problem understanding Shizuku's resonance in ice destruction, but I think I can understand it if I re-read it..

Seriously, even if we know that he's a genius, it's a shame that no one had even realized that the loop cast system is crucial in that magic except everyone from FLT. Though that probably because no one really understand it except for Silver..

Old 2012-11-29, 12:10   Link #1658
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
I think Tatsuya was mystified as to what girls do at night in their rooms so much that they don't sleep.
That's what I thought too.. until I saw this.. WHERE IS SHE TOUCHING!?

Reply haz-.. I .. I don't even..
Old 2012-11-30, 18:34   Link #1659
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I see.. now it's much clearer now I also still have some problem understanding Shizuku's resonance in ice destruction, but I think I can understand it if I re-read it..

Seriously, even if we know that he's a genius, it's a shame that no one had even realized that the loop cast system is crucial in that magic except everyone from FLT. Though that probably because no one really understand it except for Silver..
Resonance is a principle in physics, I believe. When an object meets its natural frequency, the amplitude increases. Suppose a metal bar has a frequency of 1 Hz (1 per second). When it is hit, it deforms as follows:

| --> ( --> | --> ) --> |

The total time for it to go through that sequence is 1 second (1 Hz, so 1 set of motions per second). If it is hit again after 1 second (its natural frequency), the amplitude of its deformation would increase, so it would probably be more like this:

| --> (( --> | --> )) --> |

If the bar is hit at intervals of 1 second, the amplitude gets larger and larger until the object can no longer handle the strain and breaks. That is what is meant by Resonance.

In this case, Shizuku uses Domain whateverwhatever to buy herself time so she could find the natural frequency of the ice (or ground, I guess?).

Also, I'm not sure if Loop Cast is actually critical to the magic. It was a magic her mother and she specialize in. It's not repeatedly adding in a single vibration, but causing the earth to vibrate at a set frequency. Even if Loop Cast was "necessary," it is possible she is one of the talented Magicians who could naturally cast magic repeatedly. She is number 2 or 3 in the year, after all.
Old 2012-11-30, 18:45   Link #1660
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I'm studying engineer, but this novel kind of give me a headache whenever physics and mechanics are explained. I feel like I'm not really suited to be an engineer at all.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings