AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-30, 21:50   Link #1121
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
It's a charm. Remember that thing Araragi and Kanbaru tried to stick on the snake shrine in episode 9? Well that.
Thanks, I can remember it now. But what's about Nadeko eat the charm and turns into Kaii? Does it mean she is no longer human and has supernatural power?
Old 2011-06-30, 22:05   Link #1122
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Thanks, I can remember it now. But what's about Nadeko eat the charm and turns into Kaii? Does it mean she is no longer human and has supernatural power?
Well the charm was suppose to act like a god so I guess Nadeko is now a god? Either way Hitagi is now the only one out of the original 5 that hasn't spend any time as a Kaii.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 22:13   Link #1123
Romanticide

When does Nadeko stab Shinobu? Also, i doubt Nadeko would be able to kill Shinobu, she'd only let Koyomi kill her, and she's still strong; she still has Kokorowatari right? Or is Koyomi in possesion of it?
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 22:14   Link #1124
zato_1one

Quote:
Well the charm was suppose to act like a god so I guess Nadeko is now a god? Either way Hitagi is now the only one out of the original 5 that hasn't spend any time as a Kaii.
I have a bad omen about this. If it turns out that Hitagi is killed by Nadeko and she becomes a ghost/kaii then I'd say that SHIT REALLY HIT THE FAN. <_<
Old 2011-06-30, 22:22   Link #1125
Romanticide

If that happened then Koyomi might go crazy. And then Shinobu might have to step in before he goes on a rampage.
Old 2011-06-30, 22:25   Link #1126
zato_1one

Now, I'm really not sure if the name of her chapter "Hitagi End" has any hidden meaning or not. ="=
Old 2011-06-30, 23:46   Link #1127
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

This is the third time Araragi's life have been in danger because of his relationship with Hitagi.

We need an epic fight where Araragi and Shinobu tag-team against an opponent. We were cheated out of it in Nise 2, Kuro and Kubuki.
Old 2011-07-01, 00:06   Link #1128
Xenosnake
Badass

You don't Hitagi. Hitagi kills you. Always.
Xenosnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 03:12   Link #1129
Used Can

Well, given that Kabuki takes place after Koi, I'm sure nothing too serious will happen.
I wouldn't be surprised if the deal with Nadeko doesn't get solved until the third season.

Anyway, I think it's quite possible that, just as its name seems to suggest, Koi is like the Araragi and Senjougahara's date in Bake - basically just romance but taken to volume length.
Old 2011-07-01, 03:39   Link #1130
ubiquitial
戯言遣い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Well, given that Kabuki takes place after Koi, I'm sure nothing too serious will happen.
I wouldn't be surprised if the deal with Nadeko doesn't get solved until the third season.

Anyway, I think it's quite possible that, just as its name seems to suggest, Koi is like the Araragi and Senjougahara's date in Bake - basically just romance but taken to volume length.
Wait, I thought Koi was going to be the end? Or are the novels not in chronological order?
ubiquitial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 05:10   Link #1131
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquitial View Post
Wait, I thought Koi was going to be the end? Or are the novels not in chronological order?
The novels have never been in chronological order. Kizumonogatari for example came out after Bakemonogatari. These last novels all allude to some sort of big event that supposedly will be explained in Koi.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 05:49   Link #1132
soniko

Quote:
The chronological order is Kabuki→Shiro/Oni→Otori→Koi→Hana

And in Hana
Nadeko is the only character that dosent get mentioned at all
Kanbaru "wanted to die for what Araragi had to go through" concerning the incident before graduation
It was the third time Araragi cut a girls hair (second is probably Nadeko, though her hair is all snakes now)
soniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 06:31   Link #1133
ubiquitial
戯言遣い

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniko View Post

And in Hana
Nadeko is the only character that dosent get mentioned at all
Kanbaru "wanted to die for what Araragi had to go through" concerning the incident before graduation
It was the third time Araragi cut a girls hair (second is probably Nadeko, though her hair is all snakes now)
Jesus christ this is so confusing can someone post/link to some summaries of what has happened so far?
Old 2011-07-01, 06:38   Link #1134
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Jesus christ this is so confusing can someone post/link to some summaries of what has happened so far?
Since the books aren't in order and because there are so many missing pieces its kinda hard to link them together.
Old 2011-07-01, 06:43   Link #1135
ubiquitial
戯言遣い

Quote:
Since the books aren't in order and because there are so many missing pieces its kinda hard to link them together.
Then, are there summaries of individual novels? It might help as a primer for those who wish to speculate, or simply to know what happens.

EDIT: Spent the last 30 minutes reviewing this thread, found basic spoiler/summary for every book except Nisemonogatari and a good part of Neko. They're old so if someone's read them, mind filling in the rest? And if there's anything important missing, mind adding it?

Neko:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Spoiler for shiro:
Quote:
I'm only on chapter 22 so I can only tell u things up to here:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Spoiler for Tsubasa Tiger:

Kabuki:

Quote:
Summary of Kabuki
Spoiler:
Hana:

Quote:
Spoiler:

Last edited by ubiquitial; 2011-07-01 at 21:15.
Old 2011-07-01, 08:12   Link #1136
Wigwams

just how much does hitagi know about the circumstances linking both araragi and shinobu with each other?
Old 2011-07-01, 10:50   Link #1137
Romanticide

Quote:
We need an epic fight where Araragi and Shinobu tag-team against an opponent. We were cheated out of it in Nise 2, Kuro and Kubuki.
Maybe we'll get one if there's a third season. And hopefully some info on the first. I'd like him and Koyomi to meet and talk about Kissshot/Shinobu.
Old 2011-07-01, 17:36   Link #1138
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniko View Post
Whoops... yes, Hana. My bad.
Old 2011-07-01, 20:43   Link #1139
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Then, are there summaries of individual novels? It might help as a primer for those who wish to speculate, or simply to know what happens.
Summary of Kabuki
Spoiler:

Last edited by omimon; 2011-12-12 at 02:19.
Old 2011-07-02, 05:24   Link #1140
soniko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
just how much does hitagi know about the circumstances linking both araragi and shinobu with each other?
"To me, an/the ex-vampire loli means nothing, but that girl is Araragi-kun's treasure. There would be no point in keeping him alive if she is dead"
And then goes on about the order Nadeko should kill, so Hitagi knows the whole extent of their relationship apparently

Last edited by soniko; 2011-07-02 at 05:34.
soniko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance