AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-11, 21:43   Link #1
shomazta
imataco
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to shomazta Send a message via MSN to shomazta Send a message via Yahoo to shomazta
Queen's Blade (first and second season)

I thought there was already a topic for this series here but apparently I was wrong, so I'll go ahead and toss one up

クイーンズブレイド
Queen's Blade

A competition to decide the next Queen. The strongest warrior will rule the country and expand it. The contestants need to be older than 12. They need not be human, intelligent or even of that country. The rules for the tournament: murder is allowed. Any weapon can be chosen.

In 4 years time the competition that will decide who the next Queen shall be will start. The strongest warrior will continue to rule the country according to tradition and expand it. The contestants need only be older than 12 years. They need not be human, intelligent or even of that country. The rules for the tournament are simple: murder is allowed. Any weapon can be chosen. The winner is decided when one of the participants flees or can't move anymore. Such event is broadcasted trough a crystal sphere by the court's magic teacher to all population to see and enjoy.

Broadcast: 2009-??-??
Official site: http://queensblade.tv/
TakuPedia (a381)

Character designs can be seen on dengeki:

I'm loving the character designs, but nonetheless still think this series is going to be really really gay... well... aside from being fanservicey, it won't have any good aspects, story will suck... and you'd probably not ever want to watch more then 2 episodes back to back O= (that's how I manage to get through these "ecchi" shows)

As for my fav char, it'd have to be the last chick

There's also news that on December 28th, a pre-release DVD for Queen's Blade, Volume ZERO, will be sold at Comiket 75 for the price of only 1,000円 (942yen + 48yen tax). Radio personalities will also be making an appearance.

^Volume ZERO DVD Jacket. Starting Decemeber 31st, とらのあな(toranoana) will have it available for mail-order, as well as AT-X who've started retailing to the general public. Reservations are now being accepted.

^Radio personalities, Kawasumi Ayako (left, plays Reina) and Noto Mamiko (right, plays Tomoe).
Sadly, those of us not in Japan can't pre-order this item, seeing as toranoana does not support international shipments... don't know about AT-X, I can look into that if anyone really cares

Lastly for this humongous post, is a trailer for the series

Old 2008-12-11, 22:33   Link #2
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Woohoo Nanael is one of the main 4, can't wait to see some Airi.

Queen's Blade comes from a series of 'Visual Combat books', each book a girl. And within each book are CGs of attacks and actions where you flip them and play with a dice, fighting against an opponent with another book. Its basically a stripping game, the more damage you do to the opponent, the less covered she ends up.

Each character is designed by a different famous artist and you'd definitely recognise the art of some of them. But for the anime it seems they generalised the art style.

This anime is no doubt pure fanservice and ecchi. I'll only be looking out for Angel Nanael and Meido Airi then.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 02:09   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

As for me, I'll try almost anything if it has Noto Mamiko.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 02:24   Link #4
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Even better, Mamiko as miko.

Sadly, I am not expecting much from this series. At most, it will be likely like Ikkitousen or Koihime Musou kind of guilty pleasure. Something you watch for the lolz and the jiggles, not some kind of ground-breaking sophisticated story.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 02:56   Link #5
shomazta
imataco
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to shomazta Send a message via MSN to shomazta Send a message via Yahoo to shomazta
My primary reason for having any interest in this show is the 2.3 seconds of tentacle rape that is seen during the trailer...

no bull. Tentacles = instant must-watch.
Old 2008-12-12, 04:32   Link #6
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Oh.

Noto Mamiko and Tentacle Rape... Somehow I never expected to see those two things within a million miles of each other... That's a bit weird.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-12-12, 12:28   Link #7
kramerica

As long as Echidna has screen time I'm a happy camper

Nanael is not amused.
kramerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 15:43   Link #8
Ialdaboth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shomazta View Post
I'm loving the character designs
Two words : Rin-Shin.

That explain the tentacles, too.
Old 2008-12-12, 15:44   Link #9
CGrascal

I just noticed that Elina's disturbing level of love for her sister is still present in that trailer.
CGrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 16:10   Link #10
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

This will either be a total trainwreck or a very enjoyable guilty pleasure. Right now, I would bet on trainwreck but a yuri themed trainwreck with this cast would still be a damned insteresting trainwreck.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 20:25   Link #11
shomazta
imataco
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Queen's Blade comes from a series of 'Visual Combat books', each book a girl. And within each book are CGs of attacks and actions where you flip them and play with a dice, fighting against an opponent with another book. Its basically a stripping game, the more damage you do to the opponent, the less covered she ends up.

Each character is designed by a different famous artist and you'd definitely recognise the art of some of them. But for the anime it seems they generalised the art style.
More information regarding Queen's Blade "Visual Book for Duel" : http://hiki.trpg.net/en/?QueensBlade

And I should've noticed that Shin Rin was involved on this project much earlier... then again at first I was trying to ignore this series' existence
Old 2008-12-12, 20:38   Link #12
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

Excellent cast in .............anime.(This is not her first time,I still remember "Zero no Tsukaima")
Bathory Area is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 22:34   Link #13
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Was waiting patiently for NeoSam to post this after I've send him the website and trailer link, but it seems showmazta already jumped the boat
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 23:00   Link #14
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

RAWR! Subscription made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
This will either be a total trainwreck or a very enjoyable guilty pleasure. Right now, I would bet on trainwreck but a yuri themed trainwreck with this cast would still be a damned insteresting trainwreck.
lol yea I get the impression its gonna be quite the "trainwreck" but still in its own way, something def worth seeing

hmm wonder how it fairs agianst the likes of Ikkitousen, that did "trainwreck" very well
Old 2008-12-13, 10:20   Link #15
Westlo
Lets be reality

Well it's from the same studio as the last two Ikkitousen series so I'm expecting the same trainwreck lolz for this. DVDs should have some nice extras!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 10:42   Link #16
NakedAngelX

So it's pretty much just another ikkitousen i guess?
Old 2008-12-14, 21:09   Link #17
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Ikkitousen with Noto Mamiko...

* NoSanninWa shudders in horror.

Old 2008-12-15, 07:31   Link #18
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Has anyone read the manga? It's done by Nanzaki Iku, a famous female Yuri artist.
Here's where to read the manga.
http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/s...ade_hide_seek/

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2008-12-15 at 09:18.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 08:34   Link #19
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

KAWASUMI AYAKO of all people playing Reina!?!?

I would have expected her role to be taken by someone like Koshimizu Ami, and Ayako playing her Yuri-little-tease of a sister Erina instead!
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 04:56   Link #20
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Hentai Spin off please.

Tags
action, blade, comedy, ecchi, queen, second season, yuri