AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 15 18.07%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 30.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 31.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 13.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-02, 13:15   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season), Episode 1.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-04-02, 13:22   Link #2
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Info: Hayate no Gotoku!! (second season of Hayate no Gotoku!) , airs on saturday at 1:23 AM on Tokyo TV.

It means approximately Friday at 5-6 PM in Europe, approximately 9-12 AM in the US.

Keep this as reference for the future
Old 2009-04-02, 13:53   Link #3
Dr. Casey

So around 19.5 hours. <3

I'm excited. Can't wait to see the season two premiere.
Old 2009-04-02, 18:32   Link #4
Isekaijin

Oh god, I can hardly wait. Second season, done right, can even surpass the first one.

Please don't let them forget the anime references.
Old 2009-04-02, 20:14   Link #5
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Just in case, anime/manga diviation:
Old 2009-04-03, 07:30   Link #6
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
Old 2009-04-03, 09:10   Link #7
Gordy Lechance

Let's hope there's no-beeping and less "covering" for the more steamy scenes.
Old 2009-04-03, 11:28   Link #8
deffusse
otaku[SK]

can't wait, Hina FTW
Old 2009-04-03, 12:07   Link #9
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-04-03, 12:24   Link #10
Dr. Casey

So it was a great episode, huh? Worthy of the legendary magnificence that is Hayate no Gotoku?

How's the new opening? What was the episode about?
Old 2009-04-03, 12:31   Link #11
Mentar
Banned

I haven't seen the ep yet, but manga fans rejoice! They picked up from where they left the manga track in S1: The sports festival! ^_^ - very Hina-centric to begin with and a necessary prerequisite for the Valentine Day arc.
Old 2009-04-03, 13:00   Link #12
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Just a note, but the (legal) stream on crunchyroll is available to everyone for free immediately for this episode, so anyone can go ahead and watch it.
Starting next week the non-members will need to wait for a week to see the stream.

The 720p version is actually really nice quality for this show: no interlacing or ghosting artifacts at all.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2009-04-03, 13:31   Link #13
Midonin
Last Engage

The new OP is fine with me. It sounds similar in style to the OPs of the first season and the ED is cute.

As for the episode itself - not bad. A bit surprised that it's being streamed (didn't even know until about five minutes before it aired), but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. The fourth wall breaking is still there, Wakamoto is still there. This should turn out nicely.
Old 2009-04-03, 14:31   Link #14
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

The opening is fine, but Elisa's voice doesn't match this song, she sings in a high pitch (not Saori Sakura type of high pitch), Kotoko voice would have suited the song alot better. Ending is adorable, Hina ~

Notmuch is changed, other then J.C Staff are doing the animation. The only thing noticable changed are the colours, they're much brighter. I just hope they would keep the consistancy up, of course the first episode would always be nicer, have it around the quality of Toradora, and I'll be happy. I swear J.C Staff wanted to work with Kugimiya Rie so much, they snatched this anime from Syngery. Now J.C staff cam claim that they animated all tsundere loli centred anime with Kugimiya Rie.

The episode is typical Hayate no Gotoku, if you liked the first season, you shouldn't be disapointed.
Old 2009-04-03, 14:32   Link #15
VRMN
Dangoism

Send a message via AIM to VRMN
I'm kind of surprised that they're more or less throwing the latter two-thirds of the anime's first season under the bus, but I suppose it works better as a "here's stuff we didn't get to in the first season," type deal than "here's what happened between episode 51 and 52 of the first season," which is what I expected them to do.

Not that it will make much of a difference, since it's unlikely that they'll reanimate anything the first season covered, no matter how out of continuity. We're probably due for some streamlining because of this, with much of the non-integral-to-the-plot chapters in this stretch having an existing animated version under Synergy SP's take.

As for this episode, what can you say? It was a slightly modified to reintroduce more of the cast, but generally very loyal, adaptation of the Sports Festival event, streamlined into one episode. Next episode promises to introduce Sonia, and we're off to the races.
Old 2009-04-03, 14:57   Link #16
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
I'm kind of surprised that they're more or less throwing the latter two-thirds of the anime's first season under the bus, but I suppose it works better as a "here's stuff we didn't get to in the first season," type deal than "here's what happened between episode 51 and 52 of the first season," which is what I expected them to do.
What ? I'm watching now last 10 episodes of the first season and going to watch the second one right after this. Not funny. Really.

Last edited by Littm; 2009-04-03 at 15:12.
Old 2009-04-03, 15:06   Link #17
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

*shakes head*
I wonder if I should say as expected of JC or what, but that ED made me want to sleep a few days. First, not the main problem, so I'll get it out of the way. The song isn't that good, visuals are not that great either.
The main thing is the clear Hinagiku Hoi hoi... (What is hoi hoi? Use wwwjdic or something and check for yourself). I like Hinagiku too, but the first words that popped in my head were "What the hell is this?".
Like, "Nagi? Who is that? Hinagiku has the most popularity so let's just advertise her to the crowd!" and it was so obvious, dear lord...
Haa...
Especially when I remember the good EDs in the past that are good visually and song-wise... *tears* I need to go listen to the last ED again... orz
EDIT: Ahh~, yes, this song, this one~

For the episode itself, it was average. The overall pacing of the story and the story itself wasn't that interesting, but it was clear that everything was done to just re-introduce every character... And Ayumu's brother, who I'm pretty sure never appeared until now. Though it was kind of entertaining seeing the characters that have completely lost their existence in the manga.
The character designs are just so different, I couldn't help but notice it all the way through... Especially some of the distant shots of the characters.
OP was good, both visually (did Hinagiku and Ayumu get more focus than Nagi? GJ!) and song BY ITSELF, but the serious atmosphere is dull...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2009-04-03 at 15:26.
Old 2009-04-03, 15:52   Link #18
Mentar
Banned

Okay, that's very easy to disagree to. I think that J.C.Staff did an excellent job staying on course with a very truthful conversion of the manga chapters, while adding the reintroduction of basically all characters on top.

These are the good news:

1) We're finally back on the manga track, and exactly where they left it in S1. Since Hayate is fired now, it's very likely that they will not fire off random fluffy fillers, but rather continue the storyline at least till Hayate's rehabilitation. In other words, we'll be treated to alot of very fine stuff

2) Sorry for being rude, but the J.C.Staff whiner crowd can pull my finger. Whoever insists on qualified disagreement should watch any 3 episodes out of S1 40-50 and then come back and talk. No sooner than that.

3) While I'm not too hot on the OP, I'd certainly rate the ED fairly high. Not just because of the Hina content (though I find the cycling through facial expressions adorable), but from the musical aspect.

A very promising start for manga fans. I hope they stay on track

PS: Nagi still had around 2-3x the screentime of any other character not named Hayate. Cry me a river if that's not enough for you, serenade_beta. Sorry.
Old 2009-04-03, 16:06   Link #19
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
PS: Nagi still had around 2-3x the screentime of any other character not named Hayate. Cry me a river if that's not enough for you, serenade_beta. Sorry.
( ゚д゚) Huh?.............................................. ....................
(゜Д゜) .................................................. .....................
( ゚д゚) Umm............................................... ...................
(゜Д゜) What?............................................. ..........................

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-04-03, 16:28   Link #20
Mentar
Banned

You might want to reread your former note?

Sorry if I reacted a bit prickly here, but after the huge annoyance from S1 in which systematically every good later Hina/Hamster episode was _cut out_ and exchanged for random fluff centered around Nagi I'm reacting a bit allergic when suddenly complaints are raised that Nagi wasn't given a prominent enough role in ep1. Simply because it's not true, in addition to the fact that S1 was already hugely tilted in her favor.
Closed Thread