AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 12 (TRUE ROUTE) Rating
Perfect 10 22 30.14%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 26.03%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 17.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 8.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.37%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.37%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.74%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-23, 12:07   Link #41
Maccette
VF-1X Original Test Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
What? That's it? What the hell kind of ending is this? I feel like I've robbed!

I noticed something weird - Kuroneko's eyes are pink, how did they changed to purple?
She wears colored contacts as a part of her cosplay outfit.
Old 2011-02-23, 12:10   Link #42
iHateApril3rd2009
Be Patient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
What? That's it? What the hell kind of ending is this? I feel like I've robbed!

I noticed something weird - Kuroneko's eyes are pink, how did they changed to purple?
She uses pink contact lenses for her gothic setup. Her natural eye colours are blue/purple.
Old 2011-02-23, 13:49   Link #43
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I voted 9 out of 10 ... I prefered this ep 12 vastly to the one released in season.

To my mind it shows how Kirino has grown a little more in the re-establishing of her relationship with her brother and in general. (And I believe is more faithful to the story line in the light novels?)

The one released in season (to my mind) just showed her reverting back to tsundere mode and honestly was a bit of a disconnect for me.
Old 2011-02-23, 13:57   Link #44
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Nothing much to say really.
I'll just throw away the other episode 12 and pretend it never happened (wish I could do the same thing about episode 8),I enjoyed rewatching the first part,it was just as fun the second time around...but yeah,Kuroneko,I would so watch a spinoff show with her as the heroine.

The real fun starts next episode
Old 2011-02-23, 15:50   Link #45
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I'll just throw away the other episode 12 and pretend it never happened (wish I could do the same thing about episode 8)
I think the anime might be retconning its version of episode 8 out of existence also. It said that Kirino went to America using the profits from work and her novel, but there was no mention of any money coming from the anime version of her story (When an anime very well could have given her some extra funds).

Kirino being voted the worst anime character of 2010 is funny, though I've always thought the hate towards her is extremely over the top. Meh. I'm pretty indifferent to a lot of things people despise. Shame that episodes 11 and 12 didn't win everyone over though, since there was nothing unlikable about her those last two episodes.
Old 2011-02-23, 16:02   Link #46
Maugomale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Kirino being voted the worst anime character of 2010 is funny, though I've always thought the hate towards her is extremely over the top. Meh. I'm pretty indifferent to a lot of things people despise. Shame that episodes 11 and 12 didn't win everyone over though, since there was nothing unlikable about her those last two episodes.
Agreed. My hat's off to Kirino in this episode. For her to be pay for her ticket to America out of her own earnings shows a degree of self-sufficiency that speaks very well of her character. To think she would go through such lenghts in order to improve herself is pretty amazing for a 14-year-old.

It's a shame people watch the characters, but don't analyze them, being quick on the uptake to bash and criticize their actions before making sense of them. If everyone took a minute to try to understand Kirino, then maybe there wouldn't be so much hatred for her.
Old 2011-02-23, 21:19   Link #47
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Yeah, pointless episode. Basically the same as the other episode 12. Well this show will be significantly more watchable while Kirino is out of the picture.

In other words, glad Kirino won worst character in AS choice awards. She was definitely the most prominent, badly written character of the year.
Old 2011-02-23, 21:44   Link #48
Maugomale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Yeah, pointless episode. Basically the same as the other episode 12. Well this show will be significantly more watchable while Kirino is out of the picture.
How can you say it's pointless when it went into an entirely different direction from the good end?

Quote:
In other words, glad Kirino won worst character in AS choice awards. She was definitely the most prominent, badly written character of the year.
You should try reading my previous post and the one I quoted.
Old 2011-02-23, 22:37   Link #49
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Man, how can a smile be so innocent and so evil at the same time?
Spoiler for Cheshire Cat:

I enjoyed that, although in some ways I actually thought the last scenes between Kyou and Kirino felt truer in the "Good End" version. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Kuroneko @ school, both in terms of seeing her in a different context and watching how Manami reacts to a very real threat - whether Kyousuke is pot-committed or not, Kuroneko seems to have definitely set her claws into him.
Old 2011-02-23, 23:35   Link #50
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post
How can you say it's pointless when it went into an entirely different direction from the good end?

You should try reading my previous post and the one I quoted.
It's pointless because we watched 20 minutes of exactly the same material for about 2-3 minutes of difference. It's annoying that they did this in the first place. And for goodness sakes, I hate when anime companies like to throw extra episodes after the series stops airing on TV. It's stupid as hell.

And believe me. Your previous post isn't directed at people like me. I haven't senselessly bashed her character period. I've carefully dissected her and basically concluded she is as close to objectively bad as possible throughout the course of the episode threads if you ever bothered to read all my posts throughout this series's run.
Old 2011-02-23, 23:44   Link #51
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
It's pointless because we watched 20 minutes of exactly the same material for about 2-3 minutes of difference. It's annoying that they did this in the first place. And for goodness sakes, I hate when anime companies like to throw extra episodes after the series stops airing on TV. It's stupid as hell.
It's a lead-in to an entirely different direction. I'm kind of wondering the studio did the "good end" version myself, but I personally want to see the rest of the story animated, so I appreciate seeing this. And aren't these extra episodes up for free on nico anyways?
Old 2011-02-23, 23:54   Link #52
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

hoping this true end leads to kyou X kuroneko. XDDD if that happens, i'm going to be the happiest person in the world. XD
Old 2011-02-24, 00:08   Link #53
Maugomale

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
hoping this true end leads to kyou X kuroneko. XDDD if that happens, i'm going to be the happiest person in the world. XD
It'll be an open-end, and no romantic relationships will take place. It's will give better conclusion than the Good End, that's for sure.
Old 2011-02-24, 01:32   Link #54
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Pretty pointless, as most of it was the same. But maybe we should care Kirino's gone! Or not.

And they tease us with a Kuroneko possibility. Oh whatever there's just not much to say except Kyousuke was pretty underwhelmed (or relaxed) it was funny, it gets the same score as the other episode 12-- 7. Maybe Kirino will finally grow up, but now America has to deal with her now...

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-02-24, 03:11   Link #55
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Pretty pointless, as most of it was the same. But maybe we should care Kirino's gone! Or not.

And they tease us with a Kuroneko possibility. Oh whatever there's just not much to say except Kyousuke was pretty underwhelmed (or relaxed) it was funny, it gets the same score as the other episode 12-- 7. Maybe Kirino will finally grow up, but now America has to deal with her now...
What's better than watching Kirino grow up? It's having her off-screen and off...

Abridged Bandit Keith: ...In America!

Last edited by Triple_R; 2011-02-24 at 03:26.
Old 2011-02-24, 03:25   Link #56
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Now, how did I miss the opportunity for that joke?

*Awaits Bandit Keith asserting that eroges, were in fact made... in America!* But it's ok. Kirino has money, so she screwed the rules.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-02-24, 07:02   Link #57
kyosak
poo

Give me my 20 minutes back
Old 2011-02-24, 08:18   Link #58
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Perfect end, Kirino disappears and Kuroneko becomes the main character
Old 2011-02-24, 11:02   Link #59
Solafighter
Hige

Kirino gone, Kuroneko in same school, now Kyouske, its all up to you.

I prefer that ending better, cause it has a bigger impact.
But the fact, that she took off for America on the morning, the parents were eating breakfast at the same time, as if nothing happens, made me laugh. I mean, come on, how unreal is that.
Old 2011-02-24, 11:07   Link #60
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It seems as if Kyousuke can get his way in any situation so long as he gets on all fours and begs like a pathetic dog. That's just messed up.

Other than that I'm starting to like this ending much better than the other one. It's not exactly a spectacular start but it could get somewhere.

Kuroneko ftw.
Closed Thread