AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 21 29.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 23.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 18.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 14.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 9.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-27, 05:05   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Another - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Another, Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-02-27, 14:11   Link #2
konart

Spoiler for 08:

And next episode shit gets real:
Spoiler for 09:
Old 2012-02-27, 14:31   Link #3
EroKing

Hot, red hot for Sakakibara-kun

Most of the episode was light-hearted fun at the beach.
However, the moment when they left Yomiyama and since we have been speculating how their memories were being tampered with I was wondering why Akazawa or the others weren't bringing it up. The fact that Reiko and the guy who supposedly put a stop to the curse couldn't remember most of the details was clearly suggesting the curse has a pretty big range and not limited to just Yomiyama. So it means the "another" could still be one of the people who went to this little trip.

This sentence was quite interesting too. Maybe the real Reiko died and this person is actually Sakakibara's mom?

The death at the end was pretty unusual too. The episode could've ended without any casualty but the guy had to be stupid and go out that far into the water. Oh well, I guess the producers/writer of the show wanted to make it clear that just getting out of that city isn't enough. Now to wait for next week, the preview was damn creepy.
Old 2012-02-27, 14:42   Link #4
Hakuromatsu

So...is that Yukari under the umbrella? And it seems as though the cassette in the preview is what Matsunaga left in the classroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
The fact that Reiko and the guy who supposedly put a stop to the curse couldn't remember most of the details was clearly suggesting the curse has a pretty big range and not limited to just Yomiyama. So it means the "another" could still be one of the people who went to this little trip.
I've had a hunch that this was the case since Kouichi's cell conversation with his dad in EP6 -- his memory was clearly altered, and he was in India. It seems as though the phenomenon is strongest in Yomiyama and weakens away from it (it took Kouichi's dad a couple of seconds and prodding from Kouichi to "correct" himself).
Old 2012-02-27, 14:43   Link #5
Extremesonic101

Mei and the Octopus was the most amazing thing ever! SO MOE! I may be getting a new avatart soon thanks to that scene XD

She seems to have much more personallity now which is great IMO.

Izumi in a bikini...very interesting XD Mei's swimsuit was adorable too.
Old 2012-02-27, 15:16   Link #6
Horse

I loved this episode! Soundtrack announacement where? Even the calm BGMs are great.

Spoiler for ending:

Fail censorship is fail though, lol. You can still see pretty much everything.
Old 2012-02-27, 15:20   Link #7
Ray
Garnet

Highlight of the episode: Izumi (dat body).

I guess our latest victim assumed he was safe in thinking that the calamity wouldn't affect him since they were out of Yomiyama. How gravely mistaken he was (speaking of, what's his name again?). But hey, at least it wasn't a shark. P:

Other than the death, and Matsunaga's revelation, nothing really happened. The fishing showdown between Team Countermeasure and Team Non Existent was fairly funny. Ah Izumi, what foul luck you have.

And with the latest death, we know exactly what purpose the image of this boat serves in the prologue. Yay for foreshadowing.

I find myself shipping Izumi and Kouichi after their car ride together. But Mei is just too damn adorable.. Argh.

God damn it. That preview was plain creepy; I seriously can't wait for next week's episode now.

Spoiler for Episode 09 preview:

Image #01: I guess we know who are next victim is. That poor soul. :<
Image #02: Nurse Sanae's corpse. How utterly pleasant.
Image #03: The latest victim's corpse.

Either Chibiki was incorrect in his thinking that this is a calamity, and not a curse, or some malicious entity is at work here alongside the calamity. Then again, it could simply be both; some malicious entity working under the cover of a calamity.

According to the preview, someone or something appears to be collecting corpses. What's more is that Yukari's corpse is standing upright, and is lifting her umbrella. My personal wacko-theory is that we have some kind of puppet master on our hands. I can't help but think that some of the deaths, Yukari's and Kudobera sensei's in particular, seemed almost like their bodies were being somehow manipulated to move in such ways that they did. I guess it would also explain Yukari standing upright.

There was a quick scene of blood dripping on to the floor shown. My guess is that some gets stabbed and dies, or does get stabbed but survives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuromatsu View Post
And it seems as though the cassette in the preview is what Matsunaga left in the classroom.
Yeah, that'd make sense for that to be the case. It would certainly explain this image from the prologue.

Out of everything we were shown in the prologue, this image stands out the most to me, especially after having seen the preview. Kouichi's shirt and hair are how they are because of the rain, so that's definitely him. The creepy smile is a different matter altogether, though..

Edit: The corpses better not be some part of Kouichi's messed up dream.. or else..

Last edited by Ray; 2012-02-27 at 15:31.
Old 2012-02-27, 15:26   Link #8
Hakuromatsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
I loved this episode! Soundtrack announacement where? Even the calm BGMs are great.
Kow Otani is brilliant. I'm waiting on pins and needles for the OST announcement....
Old 2012-02-27, 15:37   Link #9
sikvod00

^ I also agree. The piece playing through the calm beach scenes was exceptional.
Old 2012-02-27, 15:44   Link #10
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post

This sentence was quite interesting too. Maybe the real Reiko died and this person is actually Sakakibara's mom?
I actually thougth the same when they first showed the his mother's class picture.
Its not entirely impossible.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2012-02-27, 15:58   Link #11
LKK

I knew that the red splurt in the pre-OP scene was going to be from a watermelon. I credit knowing that the episode was a beach episode for my great deductive powers.

So does Kouichi have a built-in Mei radar or something?

This week's death must be doubly horrifying for the kids to deal with. They thought they were safe being outside the town's limits. I guess now we know that simply leaving the town isn't sufficient protection from the phenomena.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2012-02-27, 16:01   Link #12
Xaturas

Hmmm was wondering who gets off. At first I thought the silent kids drowns from being left, but didn't happen. Then the dude got hit by a motor board, I thought a shark will bite him or something. Still only lost a hand from that rotor.

Next ep will be fun shit hits the fan and zombies show up XD.

Btw death was inconsistent. While he flies off the water he has all 4 limbs and only a rotor cuts. Then in water its shown that his right hand is blown away, even thought it shouldn't ... Jeeeez producers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Out of everything we were shown in the prologue, this image stands out the most to me, especially after having seen the preview. Kouichi's shirt and hair are how they are because of the rain, so that's definitely him. The creepy smile is a different matter altogether, though..
That creepy smile was already shown in first ep or opening. I remember pointing it out and considering that he may have killed someone or did some other work of wonders with the curse.

Here is that post
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...48#post3944048

and heres the qoute
Quote:
Most important part is probably Our main character look-alike or to be precise him (face/hair below eyes 100% match) standing in the rain having an evil grin.

Last edited by Xaturas; 2012-02-27 at 16:14.
Old 2012-02-27, 16:14   Link #13
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Still only lost a hand from that rotor.u
Twisted his head too. :P

Quote:
Btw death was inconsistent. While he flies off the water he has all 4 limbs and only a rotor cuts. Then in water its shown that his right hand is blown away, even thought it shouldn't ... Jeeeez producers ...
I'm not seeing that there. I recommend a rewatch in slow motion. His right arm was coming off already as he got thrown out in the air (and still spinning) and probably didn't need much more than impact with the water to get completely cut off.
Old 2012-02-27, 16:17   Link #14
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a pretty good episode.

It was different from the Another we're accustomed to, but that's not a bad thing. I thought the more laid-back atmosphere of this episode did a great job fooling the viewers -as well as the characters- into a false sense of security. However, the pointlessly draw-out scene leading up to student #C's death ruined everything. His death should have been far more abrupt so as to shock the viewer. Instead, they gave us all the time in the world to mentally prepare for it so most of the impact was lost. Nevertheless, it still had a effect on me, thanks to the deliciously disgusting sound effects.

It was nice to see Mei and others act relaxed and have fun for once. Mei was unbelievably cute in this episode. Izumi was hot, but I'm afraid Reiko overshadowed her. What a hottie auntie!

I'm kind confused about something: that was not the class trip that was mentioned last week, right? I would understand why most of the students would decide not to participate, but it wouldn't make sense for Mikami-sensei not to be there. I guess the real trip will probably be canceled due to the new death. It'd be weird if they went on yet another trip in the next few episodes.

The most interesting piece of information we learned in this episode was that the calamity can even strike outside of Yomiyama. Does that mean that the phenomenon has a wider area of effect than Chibiki thought? That's the logical conclusion, however, there is another possible explanation. I believe Chibiki's deduction that the phenomenon has a limited reach is correct (he's the only reliable source of information so far, if we can't trust him, we're pretty much back to square one) but there is something he overlooked: the epicenter of the phenomenon. Is it class 3, whose location they tried changing in the past to no avail? Is it the school? Or is it... Another himself (once the phenomenon has been activated)? If it's the latter, it explains both why Chibiki came to this erroneous conclusion, and why that kid died outside of Yomiyama. It also explains why Another's identity was never uncovered during class trips (except 15 years ago I'm assuming, before they were banned). Of course, that means Another is one of the people in this episode, but that much is obvious, isn't it? Pretty much all the named character were present, and Another can only be one of them (I can't imagine they'll reveal he's one of those nameless students, that would be pretty anti-climatic ).

My money is still on Reiko. Matsu said he had a feeling he had seen her more recently... during her funeral a year and a half ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
God damn it. That preview was plain creepy; I seriously can't wait for next week's episode now.

Spoiler for Episode 09 preview:

Image #01: I guess we know who are next victim is. That poor soul. :<
Who do you think it is?

I'm pretty sure is a flashback to fifteen years ago, as nobody in the series wears such a long skirt. It's probably depicting what happened on Reiko's class trip. The guy getting struck by lightning seemed completely unaffected, I'm guessing he was the Another. That might be how Matsu found him out.

Last edited by Kanon; 2012-02-27 at 16:28.
Old 2012-02-27, 16:19   Link #15
Xaturas

http://i42.tinypic.com/351wtw8.jpg

That's the only frame showing his hands next frame it jumps to his legs, yet his hand is still attached. I think that rotors only grased his meat and didn't cut the bone completely, otherwise hand wouldn't stay in normal position. Hitting the water shouldn't severe the hand, its not like he hit with 200-300km/h speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was a pretty good episode.
However, the pointlessly draw-out scene leading up to student #C's death ruined everything. His death should have been far more abrupt so as to shock the viewer. Instead, they gave us all the time in the world to mentally prepare for it so most of the impact was lost. Nevertheless, it still had a effect on me, thanks to the deliciously disgusting sound effects.
If someone was hit in the eye by umbrella stick after it flew from the wind that would be nice. After that it was obvious that its time for killing. All of those deaths are advertised by music or other nature movements. Him swimming would be shocking if he survived, or some large orca ate him alive. The boat was kinda retarded. I mean the dude in the boat has no fucin brain or what, how can he swim so fast near the beach o_O, its a damn resort boats so big shouldn't be allowed to swim so close and so fast.

It would be more shocking if the boat was driven by School Days girl ^^ holding the SD main character head in her hand and laughing hysterically.
Old 2012-02-27, 16:34   Link #16
Goggen

So how did the redshirt get killed when the curse calamity supposedly doesn't follow you out of Yomiyama? Only thing I can think of is

Spoiler for speculation:
Old 2012-02-27, 16:40   Link #17
Taynis
Wonderland's hitman

Send a message via MSN to Taynis
Teshigawara got trolled by Akazawa LOL

That moment with the trunk made me really anxious, I don't know, all the atmosphere of the scene I guess. The soundtrack really helped too.

I liked to see them having fun for a little while and the fanservice was nothing 'to much off' for the show too.

That death! D: But the guy was kind of stupid, he was feeling bad before right? He didn't participate in the "fishing contest" because of that, so why bother because of a ball...oh well, how could he now.

And creepy preview is REALLY CREEPY!
Old 2012-02-27, 16:43   Link #18
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Now that I think about it, it's the first time ever a beach episode has made my brain work so much. I love this show.

I wonder if the dead seen in the preview are "real" or if it's just another one of Kouichi's nightmare again. I'm leaning toward the latter. It'd be weird if tons of ghosts suddenly appeared. One is enough.
Old 2012-02-27, 16:45   Link #19
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
That creepy smile was already shown in first ep or opening. I remember pointing it out and considering that he may have killed someone or did some other work of wonders with the curse.

Here is that post
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...48#post3944048

and heres the qoute
Yes, the prologue. But after having seen his shirt and hair in such a bedraggled state, there's even more reason to think that creepy smile belongs to none other than Kouichi. But then again.. it could be Matsunaga from way back when if it is a flash back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm pretty sure is a flashback to fifteen years ago, as nobody in the series wears such a long skirt. It's probably depicting what happened on Reiko's class trip. The guy getting struck by lightning seemed completely unaffected, I'm guessing he was the Another. That might be how Matsu found him out.
Good point. I hadn't even considered that it could have merely been a flash back. I thought the figure in the middle looked akin to Mochizuki (the artist), and the figure closest to us was Kouichi. As for the feminine figure wearing the skirt, I guess it could be one of the other classmates with a weird sense of fashion. But now that I look at it again, the lightning missed the figure in the middle and hit the ground just behind him.

So uh, what should Nakao's death be classified as? Death by dismemberment? But he only lost one limb (or did he?) Also, were we given a date for this field trip of sorts?
Old 2012-02-27, 16:55   Link #20
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

That episode was terrifying. I was just waiting for something bad to happen and they wait until the very end to put it in. I thought the strong gust of wind might blow the umbrella out of the ground and well... yeah.

I do agree that the calamity probably surrounds the Another. Sure it could be explained other ways like the curse extends a certain amount of miles outside Yomiyama or it covers the world with a some time lag and Chibiki is completely wrong.

Or he purposely lied to them when he said that and when he said it wasn't malicious because he's the one controlling everything.

<3 Mei's reaction to the octopus and the cute little fish. So HHHHNNNNGGGG.
Closed Thread

Tags
beach episode