AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-04-24, 12:00   Link #1101
VVolf
夜空派

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post
Read the summary for chapter 2 again and I just noticed something: since when does Ayase know about Kirino wanting to be the number one girl in Kyousuke's heart?

This is quite interesting. If Ayase knows, then she also knows that if she tries to steal Kyousuke, she'll become Kirino's enemy. Given Ayase's love/obssession with Kirino, I doubt she wants that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic_Vegetto View Post
That's a good point. She shouldn't know about that at all. Unless of course Kyousuke told Manami what happened, and then Manami told Ayase. But I think in Volume 9 when Manami told Ayase about their breakup, she didn't mention any of the details about it though.

It's probably a mistranslation or something though.
I just checked the original Japanese and the Chinese translated versions. As stated before, it's definitely not a mistranslation.

Yes, the most likely explanation is that Manami told Ayase about Kyousuke (he tells her everything).

Although, in volume 10, Ayase did manage to get her hands on the keys to Kyousuke's apartment (and duplicated a set on her own), which hinted that she might have "acquired" it from Kirino. Here's why:
1) Kyousuke had only moved in a few days ago
2) The only people who had his keys was his family (unless Manami has one as well)
3) Earlier in that chapter, Kirino managed to enter his apartment when Kyousuke was at school (so she could deliver the refrigerator to him)

So it IS possible that Kirino told Ayase about the whole being number one in the Kyousuke's heart declaration, considering one of the main themes of volume 10 is the meeting (clashing?) between Kirino's otaku and non-otaku friends, having them come clean, and then learning to coexist with one another.

However, I'm leaning more towards Manami being the one to have told Ayase about it (kinda weird for Kirino to have said THAT to Ayase, even though she always brings up Kyousuke in their conversations. And remember, it was Manami who told Ayase that Kyousuke had broken up in vol 9).

Edit: Just checked vol 8 again, and came across a certain paragraph that confirmed that Kyousuke had told all the details of the break up to Manami, so it's pretty much obvious Ayase had heard Kirino's words from her.
Here's a rough translation of said paragraph,
Spoiler for Vol 8, Ch 4:

...I guess Manami really did influence Ayase's actions quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
I think it's more like him getting use to it considering that he only saw her in her "ojou" persona once, and the rest of the time she's in "otaku" mode, so to speak. We'll see it again in volume 10 though, but until then, this is what I know for now.
Actually, it's the third time Kyousuke and co. have seen Saori in her Ojou persona (the 6th, 9th and 10th volumes).

As for Kyousuke's reaction...not much besides saying she looks stunning (and that his heart rate increases when seeing her face up front).

Can't say for certain if Saori "deserves" a spot in the race, so to speak. Remember that this Ojou-Saori (Saori Makishima) is quite different from her otaku self (Saori Bajeena) - the biggest difference of which is being more honest with her feelings. Hence her somewhat aggressive stance in volume 10. Makes you wonder if those teases aimed at Kyousuke in the past actually meant something more.

I think it's because I can't in good conscience say that Saori is completely uninterested in Kyousuke...there's something there that I can't explain (and considering almost every girl in the series have shown a liking towards Kyousuke...meh). Though not really obvious, but Saori does seem to hold Kyousuke in high regard.

I do have another theory as well, one that ties with her elder sister Kaori from vol 9. In Saori's mind, Kaori has always remained the image of being a irresponsible and incompetent sibling. Then came Kyousuke, who was everything Kaori was not - caring, responsible and dependable when it involved his sister. Though this is pure speculation, but such a contrast in character can be seen as a solid and strong groundwork for Saori to develop affection towards Kyousuke.

Anyway, I already made a long post a while back about Saori's chances of winning. You don't need to have a long history of making moves on Kyousyke to enter the race (Kanako is the perfect example of this), but Saori's "advances" - if there ever was any - were more or less overshadowed by Kirino and Kuroneko's actions. And really, Saori's existence has always been weak to begin with. Think about it, she was absent in quite a few of the important events throughout the series, such as the whole going to America, fake boyfriend, the break up, etc. And that's just naming a few. It really is no wonder people never really considered her to be a major character with any important role, much less as a potential love interest for Kyousuke.

"Then, I'll treat you as more important than a hundred people. Even if there were a hundred...no, a million or a trillion people, even if it means standing against the entire world, I'll still be your friend no matter what." Taka (Kodaka) to Sora (Yozora), "Past", vol 1.

Last edited by VVolf; 2012-04-24 at 19:38.
VVolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 10:20   Link #1102
Maugomale

I'm curious about something: did Kyousuke give any details about Kirino's image change in his narration?
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 13:02   Link #1103
VVolf
夜空派

I'm afraid I don't fully understand what you're asking about, would you care to elaborate on what you mean by "image change"?

"Then, I'll treat you as more important than a hundred people. Even if there were a hundred...no, a million or a trillion people, even if it means standing against the entire world, I'll still be your friend no matter what." Taka (Kodaka) to Sora (Yozora), "Past", vol 1.
Old 2012-05-02, 16:29   Link #1104
Maugomale

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVolf View Post
I'm afraid I don't fully understand what you're asking about, would you care to elaborate on what you mean by "image change"?
I think I read somewhere that Kirino gets a makeover by the time Kyousuke
comes back home and looks prettier. Not sure about the details, which is why I'm asking
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 20:53   Link #1105
VVolf
夜空派

Ah, that. Yep, Kirino and Ayase went to a beauty parlor on the exact day of Kyousuke's result release.

In Kyousuke's words, Kirino permed the tip of her hair which looked lighter and fluffier (didn't say if it's a whole bodywave or a simple curly perm), and that it made Kirino look mature. And yes, Kyousuke said (to Kirino) that it looked good and suited her.

Although she claimed that she did it in preparation for the boss battle (confused? That's what Kirino said, "In RPGs, don't you need to equip yourself before boss battles? It's the same for me." I'm guessing she's referring to Manami?), Kyousuke knew that her new hairstyle was her way of welcoming him back.

Old 2012-05-06, 20:25   Link #1106
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Vol 10 Chapter 3 summary by CET is out.

Spoiler:

Last edited by ID555; 2012-05-06 at 21:22.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 23:00   Link #1107
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Oh that was great, was indeed a battlefield

So Ayase didn't want to take care of Kyousuke at first until Kirino begged her to? I thought she would blushed and act tsundere about it
Kyousuke's prank text was great, I imagine Kirino's expression reading it xD

Makes me want to play the PSP game sequel more and more >3<

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Spoiler:
Because she was holding a knife? xD
Old 2012-05-07, 14:22   Link #1108
VVolf
夜空派

My take on Saori's feelings for Kyousuke (if there ever was any) is based entirely on speculation. I never said she is definitely after Kyousuke, only that I don't think Saori is completely uninterested in him, especially when you consider this plunge into harem territory where almost every girl has taken a liking for Kyousuke.

But does that mean she's going to make a move, as in a serious attempt in gaining Kyousuke's affection? I doubt it, at least not when such a move would threaten the cohesion of her group. Hence her actions in Vol 10 are seen in a comical sense. Could that be a cover up? Was that her way of showing her feelings?

At any rate, we simply don't know enough to come up with a definite answer. Best wait until we know more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
So Ayase didn't want to take care of Kyousuke at first until Kirino begged her to? I thought she would blushed and act tsundere about it
She did.

Spoiler for Scene from Vol 10, Chapter 3:

Not only did she stammer, she even blushed while hugging herself later on when Kirino tried to persuade her. And, to quote your own words, So Ayase didn't want to take care of Kyousuke at first until Kirino begged her to? , isn't that how tsunderes function? I'd be more surprised if she accepted without Kirino begging her to.

Old 2012-05-07, 15:00   Link #1109
Valky
Radioactive

Chapter 4 summary is out, at C.E.

Have.to.wait.for.volume.11.psp.game.and.the.second .season.anime.now ..argh.
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 17:15   Link #1110
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
My take on Saori's feelings for Kyousuke (if there ever was any) is based entirely on speculation. I never said she is definitely after Kyousuke, only that I don't think Saori is completely uninterested in him, especially when you consider this plunge into harem territory where almost every girl has taken a liking for Kyousuke.

But does that mean she's going to make a move, as in a serious attempt in gaining Kyousuke's affection? I doubt it, at least not when such a move would threaten the cohesion of her group. Hence her actions in Vol 10 are seen in a comical sense. Could that be a cover up? Was that her way of showing her feelings?

At any rate, we simply don't know enough to come up with a definite answer. Best wait until we know more.

Ah, I see. Yeah, I can agree with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Chapter 4 summary is out, at C.E.

Have.to.wait.for.volume.11.psp.game.and.the.second .season.anime.now ..argh.

Spoiler:

Last edited by ID555; 2012-05-07 at 22:47.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 03:02   Link #1111
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Not only did she stammer, she even blushed while hugging herself later on when Kirino tried to persuade her. And, to quote your own words, So Ayase didn't want to take care of Kyousuke at first until Kirino begged her to? , isn't that how tsunderes function? I'd be more surprised if she accepted without Kirino begging her to.
Ah thanks for clearing that up. Since I only read the summary I don't know what really happen. The way I interpret the summary is Ayase simply didn't want to do it until Kirino, her best friend and person she looked up to, sweet talked and begged her. Glad to know she acted cute like that x3

Quote:
Spoiler:
The same. I loss at word reading that part. Kuroneko.....

Wonder if Fushimi will give hint foreshadowing the next novel on the second PSP game. Since some of materials from the first PSP game was used on the current novel, although not exactly the same. Like Kanako now get along well with Kyousuke, Ayase immediately get along with Saori even Saori is Kirino's otaku friend, and the lines of Ayase confession are similar.
Old 2012-05-08, 04:17   Link #1112
potchip

Ahh....give me back the old Ayase x Kyousuke interaction please. These deredereness is just not the same!

Funny how Kirino being the tsundere herself did not see through Ayase's tsundereness, and thought Ayase was the least threat.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 04:47   Link #1113
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Ayase just might be her biggest threat...vol 11 will be fun. will he accept or reject?...
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 04:56   Link #1114
potchip

Will he choose a broken vow or a knife in his back?
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 03:50   Link #1115
kfcpanda

Hope it ends with either Ayase or Kirino, what's the estimate for series completion again? 2 more?

Either way, when's the next volume coming out?
kfcpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 04:44   Link #1116
Korsar13

only Ruri!
Old 2012-05-10, 10:01   Link #1117
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcpanda View Post
what's the estimate for series completion again? 2 more?

Either way, when's the next volume coming out?
At this point, there is no estimate. All the author has said is that this particular arc we're in now will be three volumes now (the first of which has already been released). Whether that's the end of the series or not hasn't been said.

As for the next volume, past history would suggest it should be somewhere in the August/September timeframe.
Old 2012-06-15, 21:29   Link #1118
happily_everafter

Quote:
Vol 10 Chapter 3 summary by CET is out.

Spoiler:
May I ask where is this CET at? I would love to read the current summaries of this novel
happily_everafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 21:36   Link #1119
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

^Just Google "CE translation", should be the first site on the result page
Old 2012-07-05, 16:17   Link #1120
Mystic_Vegetto

Volumes 11 comes out September 10th according to Yaraon.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-10501.html

Synopsis from Yaraon:

Quote:
『引っ越し祝いパーティ』の場で交わされた"約束"を果たすため、田村家を訪れた桐乃と京介。
高坂兄妹、そして麻奈実の過去が今、明かされる……!
If what the online translation I used is correct, it reads that Kyousuke and Kirino will fulfill the promise they exchanged at the House Warming Party (Could be referring to the bet they made). They head to the Tamura Home where the siblings past will be revealed.
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings