AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-02, 19:19   Link #1
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Aflame Inferno

Just found another interesting manga. It seems to be korean but i cant see much difference:

Aflame Inferno

Genre: action, shounen, supernatural

"Aflame Inferno is about a self absorbed high schooler, Kang Shichan, that gets caught in the middle of a battle between demons. Injured severely and near death, the demon Inferno merges with the student to save his life. Together they win the battle to discover that they are inescapably joined. The only hope of every being separate beings is to close down 1,000 Invento Hells and find the right spell of Resurrection. Can Kang Shichan balance hunting down demons with his school work?"

I could only find 14 chapters translated but it is pretty interesting. The plot is pretty simple but since there seems to be some romantic thing going on between the main characters, it kind of got my attention.

Anyone has more info about this manga... how often are the releases or if it is discontinued?
Old 2008-10-03, 03:59   Link #2
Xacual

I read the 14 translated chapters probably a few months ago, sadly I haven't seen any progress or anyone still doing it.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2008-10-03, 12:48   Link #3
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

It's really a shame, I really like Aflame Inferno - my favorite Korean manwha at this time. Gehenna's awesome. Two girls in one, can't beat that two-for-one combo.
Old 2008-10-03, 13:12   Link #4
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
It's really a shame, I really like Aflame Inferno - my favorite Korean manwha at this time. Gehenna's awesome. Two girls in one, can't beat that two-for-one combo.
And you call yourself a Moka fan? Shame on you!

About the manwha, it's as good and intruiging as most of the authors series but also suffers the same issue about inconsistent scnalation releases due to the lack of korean magazine scans.
Old 2008-10-03, 13:59   Link #5
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Gehenna's awesome. Two girls in one, can't beat that two-for-one combo.
Cant agree more =D

Anyone knows what happened to this manwha?
Old 2008-10-03, 16:58   Link #6
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

lol Waven found me *hides*
Akashiya Moka and Gehenna are pretty similar so I don't think I'm betraying one for the other lol Of course their silver hair forms would frighten me to no end... Gehenna's the older sister to Moka, I just know it.
Old 2008-10-03, 21:19   Link #7
myopius

I love this. It's one of the 4 manga/manhwa that I actively read scanlations of.

It's like Black God + character intrigue. Black God's plot is fairly dynamic, or at least it was at the beginning and it's still unclear exactly where it will head, and Aflame Inferno is similar.

The scene is the most recently scanlated chapter, which occurred around the middle... was quite fantastic. Really intense character dynamic.
Old 2008-10-03, 23:01   Link #8
Westlo
Lets be reality

Gehenna is truly awesome, hopefully the scans for this get released quicker and raws become available easier.
Old 2008-10-03, 23:09   Link #9
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Maybe they're waiting for the novel form to come out....even Freezing is hard to come by....>.>

Anyway, since we know that Gehenna has the hots for Kang ShiChan, do ya think that Kang will ever start to like Gehenna back? I figure that Kang likes Shin ChaeHee much more than Gehenna (which is a laugh).
Old 2008-10-04, 01:59   Link #10
Man0warr

The raws up to volume 4 are available, and Freezing raws are available up to like chapter 15 or something - so thats not the issue.
Old 2008-10-04, 07:58   Link #11
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Maybe they're waiting for the novel form to come out....even Freezing is hard to come by....>.>

Anyway, since we know that Gehenna has the hots for Kang ShiChan, do ya think that Kang will ever start to like Gehenna back? I figure that Kang likes Shin ChaeHee much more than Gehenna (which is a laugh).
I think that, at some point, he will accept Gehenna and ChaeHee part of the same being... I have a theory... that at the end when Shichan finally collects the 10000 infernos, he will use them to resurrect ChaeHee.. That would be nice
Old 2008-10-04, 08:42   Link #12
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
I think that, at some point, he will accept Gehenna and ChaeHee part of the same being... I have a theory... that at the end when Shichan finally collects the 10000 infernos, he will use them to resurrect ChaeHee.. That would be nice
If it was just a simple soul possession, maybe, but Gehenna's also one of the top 4 Tedlar Powers- she wants SOMETHING other than to get into ShiChan's pants. She told him that she wasn't going to relinquish control of the Eastern territory to Inferno but she seems quite willing to take on the North. Is she betting that with Inferno in her camp, that she can make a move to expand and conquer more terrirtory?

Either way, ShiChan's in with a most dangerous woman, in all respects. She can be pretty cute when she wants but if her jealousy's aroused....oh man, she'd kill anyone.
Old 2008-10-04, 09:48   Link #13
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Yeah she said it herself... she acts on impulses.... also i dont think that the possesion of Chaehee was a normal one...
Old 2008-10-21, 07:54   Link #14
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Chaehee's dead - over and done with. Gehenna's just 'possessed' the body, keeping the original personality up so she can blend in better. She can turn Chaehee's personality on and off at will.

And Chapter 15's up. Seems that Gehenna's underestimated Thanatos... He's not a baby anymore Gehenna.
Old 2008-10-21, 10:30   Link #15
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

I wonder what do the 4 legends look like... the tedlars we've seen so far are all very similar....
Old 2008-10-21, 13:27   Link #16
dosetsu

If you've read all the chapters, you've seen what 3 of them look like in their current states.

Inferno, Gehenna and Thanatos.

Spoiler for :
Old 2008-10-21, 15:06   Link #17
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosetsu View Post
If you've read all the chapters, you've seen what 3 of them look like in their current states.

Inferno, Gehenna and Thanatos.

Spoiler for :
... okay I'm a skeptic of that last statement. Are you referring to Chapter 13, pg 4?
Old 2008-10-21, 15:23   Link #18
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
lol Waven found me *hides*
Akashiya Moka and Gehenna are pretty similar so I don't think I'm betraying one for the other lol Of course their silver hair forms would frighten me to no end... Gehenna's the older sister to Moka, I just know it.
LIES! *throws a rock at Tempest's head*

anyway, This man..wha, feels like a video game... erm... kinda like a action RPG the way the author handles the story and such.
Old 2008-10-21, 15:43   Link #19
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
anyway, This man..wha, feels like a video game... erm... kinda like a action RPG the way the author handles the story and such.
This would definitely work if one were to combine 'Devil May Cry'-type and 'Onimusha'-type games. Of course, with one twist, the more you activate the demon powers inside (increasing corrosion level), the closer you become to actually dying. It's a nice twist - to keep the human side 'alive' enough in order to use the 1,000 Invento. Which leads to two main story paths - either you gain the Invento to ressurect yourself or to fully become the King of the Eastern Hell.

Fighting system would be more off of DMC - ever growing combos that can link to the spells that one can use to do special moves. Different colors for the different Invento. I'll refer to Onimusha as to how you gather the Invento up ie (Oni Gauntlet to suck in the souls)

Invento - Needed for Hellgana Activations (Special Moves).
The more you lvl up the different Hellgana, the less Invento you need to activate them as you progress...and as you upgrade, the move Invento you pump into the move, the more powerful it becomes. Since Inferno can heal on his own, you don't need to worry about a life bar, just your Invento bar, but that concept might be too difficult for some to grasp and use in a game like this...

Gehenna as the 2nd character/player would be just win. Need multiple outfits too.

Last edited by Tempest35; 2008-10-21 at 15:55.
Old 2008-10-21, 15:56   Link #20
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
This would definitely work if one were to combine 'Devil May Cry'-type and 'Onimusha'-type games. Of course, with one twist, the more you activate the demon powers inside (increasing corrosion level), the closer you become to actually dying. It's a nice twist - to keep the human side 'alive' enough in order to use the 1,000 Invento. Which leads to two main story paths - either you gain the Invento to ressurect yourself or to fully become the King of the Eastern Hell.

Fighting system would be more off of DMC - ever growing combos that can link to the spells that one can use to do special moves. Different colors for the different Invento. I'll refer to Onimusha as to how you gather the Invento up ie (Oni Gauntlet to suck in the souls)

Invento - Needed for Hellgana Activations (Special Moves).
The more you lvl up the different Hellgana, the less Invento you need to activate them as you progress...and as you upgrade, the move Invento you pump into the move, the more powerful it becomes. Since Inferno can heal on his own, you don't need to worry about a life bar, just your Invento bar, but that concept might be too difficult for some to grasp and use in a game like this...

Gehenna as the 2nd character/player would be just win. Need multiple outfits too.
Multiple costumes eh? How about... Clothed, partly Clothed, Underwear, Naked.
Closed Thread