AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-06, 22:21   Link #41
LKK

I sure hope someone picks it up for subbing. I'm curious about it, but I can't make heads or tails out of a show without a sub.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 06:03   Link #42
AngelsThesis
♪ツンツン デレツン♪ ♪デレツンツン♪

Zero-Raws has apparently re-released a new raw,

im still downloading it to check it out but apparently its the best one out so far

ill get back to u guys about it ^_^
AngelsThesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 18:11   Link #43
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well after seeing several meh series after some of the strong series this season it was nice to get back to something enjoyable.

The animation might not have been the greatest(And I hate non-WS...) it more then made it up with some great characters. Really wasnt a single character I can say I disliked in the main cast after seeing the first episode...Kotoha especially was very interesting not only personality and ability wise, but I quite liked her chara design aswell.

Overall just a really solid enjoyable episode and I can't wait to see more.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 18:23   Link #44
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Subs are out --- thread be moved?
Old 2008-10-08, 18:37   Link #45
LKK

^^ I'm glad to read your post, Shiroth. Earlier, I broke down and watched the raw which accomplished two things. (1) It reminded me once again that I need subs in order to really understand what happened. (2) It made me even more eager to see and understand this show.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 18:44   Link #46
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
^^ I'm glad to read your post, Shiroth. Earlier, I broke down and watched the raw which accomplished two things. (1) It reminded me once again that I need subs in order to really understand what happened. (2) It made me even more eager to see and understand this show.
I'm in the same boat as you. I've been very interesting with it since i heard it's announcement, and said to myself i wouldn't start reading the manga until i check out the series.
Old 2008-10-08, 19:17   Link #47
AngelsThesis
♪ツンツン デレツン♪ ♪デレツンツン♪

quite the opposite of what happened to me as u can see

its the manga that got me addicted and anticipating for the anime.

stupid capped net wont let me download faster >.>
Old 2008-10-08, 21:07   Link #48
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
The manga? Does anyone currently translate it?

This one is by far the most entertaining show I've seen all season.

Our team consists of a human with holy rites, a dragon, an enchantment user and a satori (lol Touhou) plus that's a rather straight-laced Oni. No drinking? No wonder he fails. XD

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 23:02   Link #49
AngelsThesis
♪ツンツン デレツン♪ ♪デレツンツン♪

so far its just Del Rey that licensed and translated.

i avnt found any fansubs for the manga yet.
Old 2008-10-09, 04:21   Link #50
Cight

The first episode gets the thumbs up from me. The characters seem very likeable (particularly Kotoha) and it was nice having them in positions of authority (Chief/Mayor). The animation was acceptable and there wasn't anything off putting about the style. It was also understandable without an overloaded introduction. It's nothing particularly outstanding but I have good feeling about this series. Like I'm just going to enjoy it like I enjoy Wagaya no Oinari.

Spoiler for Ep1:
Cight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 04:28   Link #51
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

First ep seemed a bit meh to me, tbh. Pretty average stuff, with decent animation and music, as well as ordinary fight scenes. I'll give the series a few more eps to win me over.
Eczema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 04:31   Link #52
kujoe
from head to heel

Yes, it seems like an average series, but there's something about it that caught my attention.

I just like the overall vibe I guess. The first episode seems promising at the very least.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 04:36   Link #53
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Can anyone tell me the overall plot of the series? It just seems like a monster-of-the-week show to me.
Eczema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 05:58   Link #54
Eric10301

After watching the first episode I must say I'm not at all impressed. This really does give off the Rental Magica vibe. This is probably the first show of the fall season that I have no interest in watching an episode 2 of.
Eric10301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 07:11   Link #55
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm glad i waited for the sub, because that was worth the wait. I knew from browsing the manga a while back that i'd completely love everything about this show, and i can say i sure do after watch the first episode. The story is set up nicely for events to come, and the characters seems like a lot of fun.

The series has that really cool feeling going for it, and the musical score (which i truly did love) plays a part in that. I plan to buy the first volume of the manga this week to compare.

Sawashiro Miyuki is doing that adorable voice i love to hear from her for Kotoha, so i'm happy.
Old 2008-10-09, 07:39   Link #56
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm glad i waited for the sub, because that was worth the wait. I knew from browsing the manga a while back that i'd completely love everything about this show, and i can say i sure do after watch the first episode. The story is set up nicely for events to come, and the characters seems like a lot of fun.

The series has that really cool feeling going for it, and the musical score (which i truly did love) plays a part in that. I plan to buy the first volume of the manga this week to compare.

Sawashiro Miyuki is doing that adorable voice i love to hear from her for Kotoha, so i'm happy.
Except for a few shows this season, it looks like we're agreeing on a lot of things here.

Production for this show could be better IMO, but the characters are nicely bouyant and KYONGSHI. Hell yes. I've been in contact with the Kyongshi in Chinese, Korean and Japanese shows all the time and finally another one in anime in a long while.

I just hope they keep the youkai interesting in this one, because honestly, there's a BILLION youkai anime shows in 2008..

As for Rental Magica, while I watched that show and liked it enough, the story was a big jumble and the characters didn't connect with eachother that well to me. Also its backstory was a big jumble of whose father did what. I hope this show doesn't fall into the same traps. From ep 1 though, I already think the chemistry is better.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 12:26   Link #57
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Spoiler for ep.2:
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 12:38   Link #58
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

After finishing episode 1, all i can say is ... meh. I suppose it will be a decent time-filler each week, but the first episode made it clear not to expect anything too inspiring from this beyond the usual stuff. Which is OK! All i require from a show is that it remains decently entertaining. That said, i was expecting something more from this ... although i suppose it being the usual compilation of cliches and little else shouldn't come as a big surprise either, down to the shady villain eying everyone from afar at the end, rubbing hands in anticipation. Oh well ... as long as it manages a small dose of entertainment each week, i guess i will be following it.
Old 2008-10-09, 17:20   Link #59
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Average show was average. IMO this would have been worth watching more if it aired last season, but in comparison to the mass win the rest of this current season has been I may just toss this show to the side. Not enough time.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 18:14   Link #60
AngelsThesis
♪ツンツン デレツン♪ ♪デレツンツン♪

what the...

they changed the plot ><

Tags
action, comedy, shounen, supernatural