AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Old 2012-05-02, 08:36   Link #1141
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I will say this...the only thing that actually boggles my mind is how people still suspect that she set up the car accident. I understand every other point of view on most topics here...but that she set it up is one theory who's existence I cannot understand.
Yeah, that's bogus. It was one of the other Level 9's.
Old 2012-05-02, 08:39   Link #1142
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yeah, that's bogus. It was one of the other Level 9's.
Or...maybe the psychotic bully who "got his life ruined by them" wanting revenge in his own psychotic way. Take your pick xD
And let's not forget, none of the other level 9's know her identity yet. Right now, only Haru and Taku know who she is.
The Taku theory also puzzles me a bit...but it is much easier to swallow than the KYH theory.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 08:44   Link #1143
Xaturas

I won't discuss Story as I just read available translated manga chapters and they go about 3-4 eps in the future for the next 2+/- battles.

However I wonder, is there any info how many eps this anime will have? 12/23/24/26 or more considering the novel material?

Last edited by Solace; 2012-05-03 at 12:33. Reason: Spoiler!
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 08:47   Link #1144
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
I won't discuss Story as I just read available translated manga chapters and they go about 3-4 eps in the future for the next 2+/- battles.

However I wonder, is there any info how many eps this anime will have? 12/23/24/26 or more considering the novel material?
I think it'll be between 23 and 26, though I'm not sure which.

Last edited by Solace; 2012-05-03 at 12:35. Reason: Removed quoted spoiler.
Old 2012-05-02, 08:47   Link #1145
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
@thundrakkon
well, true.
but they still barely know each other, so confessing "I love you" is a stretch, even with the hints of affection. they didn't exactly have plenty of special moments to appeal with the fans for the pair is the reason its not accepted so.
Is't this a common thing in real life? you confessed, you start dating, start getting to know each other more even though at the beginning you only knew the part which you like and not the part which you dislike. Though love at first sight is hard for me to swallow and even though I experience it first hand but I didn't get lucky like this lucky pig of this show

It's just for me knowing each other before actual relationship is better than just abrupt confession because that confession will just feel empty. You don't know each other completely for you to trust one another and going by the logic that that's why we are dating to get to know each other is sound absurd for me because your already dating though maybe there is still the process of courting the girl but I didn't see that much this days on the teenagers ( I sound like an old man ) though it still happens but not as common like before.

In the situation between KYH and Haru. They actually knew each other well. KYH secretly stalks Haru while KYH is well known around the school and even Haru idolize her and sees hers as a pinnacle or an unreachable flower like in episode one.. And given the opportunity by Cyan Pile. KYH breaks the ice by beating his record at the game he usually play so Haru would take notice of her in a different way and they can proceed in conversation. And it's just the process of knowing each other more. KYH probably already knew more about Haru but what about miss perfect KYH? thus her introduction of Brain Burst and her past mistakes or her regrets was known to Haru. Making it more sure real that KYH is not that perfect like what Haru thinks of her. And she is also a human and an ordinary middle school girl.

here in this story. You can clearly see what to dislike on Haru's part. Physical appearance and mentally wise. He has poor self confidence. "he is fragile" even KYH knows that part of him which easily cries and easily to give up but she still likes him which is pretty admirable. Though this one stays true to love is blind and despite the ugly appearance. She manage to find what's good in Haru and even if mostly all people around him treat him the same round pig (except for friends) and even the reporters was surprised on what he said. Those two girls probably didn't expect for the rumor to be true and that's why they didn't record it when they find out that it's true. And imagine if they record it that it's true then KYM image might be ruin or rather it could get scandalous and despite them gossiping around they still care and respect the vice president and thus stop the interview when they confirm it. And if the rumors where false then the one who will get the blunt of the angry mobs will be Haru and those two girls probably didn't care about him since they still interview him.
Old 2012-05-02, 08:53   Link #1146
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
How people can still distrust her when she took what she knew was likely to be a fatal hit from a car in order to save Haru boggles my mind.

It seems to me that each of them has been watching each other for a while from a distance before Hime actually took the step of breaking his high score to provoke him to talk to her. Thus they aren't as completely new to each other as it might otherwise appear. You could still argue that her confession came too soon, but frankly I doubt she would have made it at this point if two things hadn't happened. First: Haru provoked her, not just questioning her motives but showing that he really believed that she was manipulating him by pretending interest. That shook her badly. Second: that bully's attempt to murder them. Kuroyukihime believed she was about to die. She didn't fully understand what she was feeling for Haru, and she said that herself; that she'd never felt anything like this before; but she knew this was her last chance to say anything to him. To explain anything to him. To try to heal the sudden rift that had formed between them. She siezed the moment when she was about to die to not leave at least this one thing unfinished. Had the crash not happened she would likely not have confessed to him so soon, but it did, and suddenly that moment in the accelerated world became, as far as she knew, her last moment to do anything at all.

I believe it.
actually, im only questioning the development plan. not that KYH is actually a manipulative bastard.
as I said, while that is plausible, expecting plenty of people to just accept this is pretty hard. KYH manipulating him was just one of two excuses to avoid having the pairing set in stone so soon(the other would tarnish haru as being more of a moron).

I would believe this if we got a bit more exposition on the two. its believable, its just so soon that people like me are still digesting it. make this one ep 8(if the show is 12 eps) instead and im sure there will be only a few who wont believe it.

@tsunade
yeah true.
and I also dont believe in the whole "love at first sight" which is what this ep sort of felt like. simply just... too soon for me.
I prefer relationship to be developing slowly but steadily. feels more "romantic" than the "I was watching you all this time"(unless said girl is a yandere). also my reason for preferring childhood friends over "new girl" in most shows(at least in the early episodes since the childhood friend have history. the new girl can still gain my support later).
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 09:22   Link #1147
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
about the Haru getting raped pics, wouldn't it make more sense if it was Taku instead? well considering what he's doing in the latest eps
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 09:53   Link #1148
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
actually, im only questioning the development plan. not that KYH is actually a manipulative bastard.
as I said, while that is plausible, expecting plenty of people to just accept this is pretty hard. KYH manipulating him was just one of two excuses to avoid having the pairing set in stone so soon(the other would tarnish haru as being more of a moron).

I would believe this if we got a bit more exposition on the two. its believable, its just so soon that people like me are still digesting it. make this one ep 8(if the show is 12 eps) instead and im sure there will be only a few who wont believe it.

@tsunade
yeah true.
and I also dont believe in the whole "love at first sight" which is what this ep sort of felt like. simply just... too soon for me.
I prefer relationship to be developing slowly but steadily. feels more "romantic" than the "I was watching you all this time"(unless said girl is a yandere). also my reason for preferring childhood friends over "new girl" in most shows(at least in the early episodes since the childhood friend have history. the new girl can still gain my support later).
Well as someone has pointed out earlier... Getting hit by a car and getting yourself into a life or death situation is pretty hardcore. If you think KYH's confession was too soon then would you rather wait for her to confess in spirit(in the case she dies) before you find it believable? I mean c'mon you can accept that KYH did not plan on getting hit by a car but you cannot accept her confession when that might have been her last chance to do it?
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 10:13   Link #1149
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I think the part I appreciate most about Haru and Kuroyukihimes messed up relationship is that both are in love with a highly idealized versions of the other that don't represent their true selves quite clearly. If Haru sees her true form and she sees the depth of his self loathing (likewise him hers) and they still want to call their relationship love then that'll be the true confession scene if you will.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 10:58   Link #1150
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
I think it'll be between 23 and 26, though I'm not sure which.
It is a two-cour, so it could be 26 and I think it could be alot of more episode if the series can sky rocket like Index (what is the general impression about this series in Japan (like it, dislike it) did
Old 2012-05-02, 11:11   Link #1151
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
It is a two-cour, so it could be 26 and I think it could be alot of more episode if the series can sky rocket like Index (what is the general impression about this series in Japan (like it, dislike it) did
Don't know about the anime and not too sure about what I'm about to say but. The Light Novel won Dengeki Novel Prize and it is currently on it's 10th volume. For a LN to get an anime without much manga influence isn't al that common (as far as I know) though I do believe this isn't as popular as SAO.

Depending on how well they make the anime, I suppose another season wouldn't be a surprise, there's certainly enough content in the LN for another or more.
Old 2012-05-02, 13:42   Link #1152
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It's hard to consider it akin to a boxing match when taking into account the sheer underhanded tactics used.

It's not just about pursuing goals that run counter to yours, though. Haru has just found out that Taku spied on Haru's best friend and is about to take advantage of a comatose patient who happens to be his girlfriend. If Taku was pursuing KYH in a reasonably competitive way then it wouldn't be a problem but the way he's gone about it and against someone who Haru cares a lot about, is just plain nasty.
He's playing by the same rules she is.

I could say she brought it on herself by killing the Red King, but the truth is as she said - for years, they never bothered with scruples or mercy, terminating countless Burst Linkers on their way to the top. It's a bit late to ask that other people be principled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
IAs for the ongoing discussion between Taru and Haru, I can only say, like I did before, that one is protecting and one is assaulting.
In any sport, being on the offense doesn't make you wrong.

Quote:
Also, it really does depend on how their "discussion" goes before we can really judge them on their friendship. However, creating a backdoor into Haru's close friend Chiyuri's neural link and "possibly" peaking on her changing, or other things, is enough of a betrayal between the friends.
Quite. I said it before - I have no trouble calling Taku a douche. Just not for targeting KYH. He's a douche for what he did to Chiyu.

Quote:
At the moment, she did not choose to climb in the ring. She has been choosing to stay out for the past 2 years. Add to that, she is in a coma recovering for her life, and she could die any moment, per what the doctor says.
Bullshit. She didn't give up and uninstall her Burst Link program. She's just lying low waiting for a chance to counter attack.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 13:50   Link #1153
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He's playing by the same rules she is.

I could say she brought it on herself by killing the Red King, but the truth is as she said - for years, they never bothered with scruples or mercy, terminating countless Burst Linkers on their way to the top. It's a bit late to ask that other people be principled.
That's all in the game though. They fight each other without mercy in the game. Taku is using underhanded tactics in real life.

Plus they're supposed to be friends. You'd think he'd at least be willing to tone it down a little.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 14:33   Link #1154
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That's all in the game though. They fight each other without mercy in the game. Taku is using underhanded tactics in real life.

Plus they're supposed to be friends. You'd think he'd at least be willing to tone it down a little.
I think the friend thing be a factor. Taku was Haru's friend before he was Cyan Pile.
Old 2012-05-02, 14:51   Link #1155
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I think the friend thing be a factor. Taku was Haru's friend before he was Cyan Pile.
He was Chiyu's friend too, but that hasn't stopped him from hacking her brain and spying on everything she sees and hears.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 15:02   Link #1156
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Ok...Ok...it's simple...

Taku's a douchbag for:
- Hacking Chiyu;
- Attacking a comatose KYH;

Taku's not a douchebag for:
- Hunting down KYH (until the point when he tries to attack while she's in a coma);
- Fighting Haru.
Old 2012-05-02, 15:20   Link #1157
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Ok...Ok...it's simple...

Taku's a douchbag for:
- Hacking Chiyu;

Taku's not a douchebag for:
- Hunting down KYH (until the point when he tries to attack while she's in a coma);
- Fighting Haru.
I think that sums it up fairly concisely.
Old 2012-05-02, 15:23   Link #1158
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
He was Chiyu's friend too, but that hasn't stopped him from hacking her brain and spying on everything she sees and hears.
How did he hack her brain? This isn't Ghost in the Shell. Am I missing something here? They are just collars connected to your nerves. The brain isn't cyberized or anything.
Old 2012-05-02, 15:37   Link #1159
Random Wanderer

If he's seeing and hearing what she sees and hears, then he's already reading information from inside her brain. However, you are correct that he does not appear to be able to access her brain as if it were a computer. I was exaggerating slightly. However, it is still a significant violation of privacy, and a violation of trust.
Old 2012-05-02, 15:55   Link #1160
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Ok...Ok...it's simple...

Taku's a douchbag for:
- Hacking Chiyu;
Hehehe, these sound deliciously kinky, alas not within the anime's context