Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-07-04, 13:39   Link #61
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
GHD also went for the positive Internet-embracing strategy. Perhaps the saddest thing to take from this is that, if GHD/Gonzo did this and they didn't do good, then it will be harder for other studios to follow suit.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 13:43   Link #62
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i blame the production cost these days, anime just cost too much to produce, btw, gonzo did produce some of the master pieces these years.

i still watch some of the 90s shows and they are still kicking ass.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 14:54   Link #63
mandarb916

Supposedly the actual audience and the target audience of RosaVamp ended up being quite different. The general style of R+V was rather similar to that of the 80's (in particular the pool episode) and unexpectedly folks in ther late 30's/early 40's out of nostalgia or what not ended up watching the series as well which is a demographic that has more expendable income than the typical anime viewer (late teens/mid 20's). That's probably one of the reasons why R+V actually moved so many copies.

It was actually quite funny listening to Fukuen Misato and Koyama Mikiko (Kurumu and Yukari's VAs) RosaVamp radio and just the sheer number of people writing in who were in their late 30's/early 40's with a stable household with a good number of them watching R+V with their kids and what not...which is a huge contrast to the demographic that wrote in for something like...Bamboo Blade or ARIA or any of the other late night UHF anime series' radio shows.
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 15:11   Link #64
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
That's news to me...though I just can't picture how Rosario has a theme that can be related to the 80's

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 15:18   Link #65
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

depending on DVD sales to bring in your main revenue is foolish if you air the show on television.

Rosario and vampire is crap. if that is the only thing making money for them they should go ahead and make the transition to making adult anime productions.

however, what I think the real problems are

constant market flood of new anime and the user base is growing at a low rate

ridiculous waste of money within the company itself

mostly bad show productions that will not bring in revenue

sour economy- other companies will feel the pinch soon also

investing in anime right now is a bad idea, oil futures are where the profit is at!
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 15:28   Link #66
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
That's news to me...though I just can't picture how Rosario has a theme that can be related to the 80's
Well, the background art in general, the fan service "type" (ie. nippleslips and what not), the whole pool carnival/event type scene, were seen quite frequently in anime and gameshows in the 80's and what not...moreso gameshows but yeah...it was really an odd phenomenon I think.
Old 2008-07-04, 17:56   Link #67
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
Quote:
depending on DVD sales to bring in your main revenue is foolish if you air the show on television.
well thats how the anime industry work so its nothing special,
the fact that it worked till now causes companies to have a hard time changing without hurting their old profits in the process..

Quote:
Supposedly the actual audience and the target audience of RosaVamp ended up being quite different. The general style of R+V was rather similar to that of the 80's (in particular the pool episode) and unexpectedly folks in ther late 30's/early 40's out of nostalgia or what not ended up watching the series as well which is a demographic that has more expendable income than the typical anime viewer (late teens/mid 20's). That's probably one of the reasons why R+V actually moved so many copies.

It was actually quite funny listening to Fukuen Misato and Koyama Mikiko (Kurumu and Yukari's VAs) RosaVamp radio and just the sheer number of people writing in who were in their late 30's/early 40's with a stable household with a good number of them watching R+V with their kids and what not...which is a huge contrast to the demographic that wrote in for something like...Bamboo Blade or ARIA or any of the other late night UHF anime series' radio shows.
thats actually a really interesting piece of info.
that just sounds like an untapped market..
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 18:18   Link #68
Slice of Life
eyewitness

I'm no harem expert for any decade but I'm a bit confused here. I didn't see much of R+V but what I saw didn't look much different from other fanservice-heavy harem anime which weren't that common in the 80s in the first place. It would be helpful to hear which 80s shows we are talking about here. Probably not Votoms. Urusei Yatsura? In any case, if the "general style" of R+V was significantly closer to any 80s show than to To Love-Ru, say, then this was lost on me.
Old 2008-07-04, 19:12   Link #69
mandarb916

i shouldn't just limit it to the 80's, rather more along the lines of showa era anime.

Just as an example, the whole kibasen 騎馬戦 scene in the pool is something straight out of Fu-un Takeshijyou (i think it was) and the whole character song arrangement is also straight out of that era. Nippleslips (ポロリ) was also a selling point for some late night shows during that era which I don't think any shows advertise at all nowadays. The Japanese cultural monsters (umbrella, nopperabou, and the long necked trio) are also something you don't see too often nowadays and I think ended up being nostalgized (is this even a word?) to a series like Gegege no Kitarou, which remakes of nowadays are still popular to the same demographic.
Old 2008-07-04, 19:25   Link #70
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
thats actually a really interesting piece of info.
that just sounds like an untapped market..
it's being tapped a little...one of the more recent examples would probably have to be Uchuu Senkan Yamato.

Box Set w/ standard and reflective Yamato model - 44000yen
Commander Desslock Wine Set - 13350yen
Cosmo Zero Helmet - 13650yen

Granted, it's an old old old nostalgic series, but atleast for the box set, it's targetting a demographic that most likely already owns the box set (and I believe all of those sold out, though I'd need to check). In comparison, your typical run of the mill Limited Edition items don't seem to really sell out even if it's for a currently popular series (ie. Clannad, Code Geass, etc). Considering the power nostalgia has towards its audiences, it's definitely something that can be put to greater use in production/marketing imho. Straight off the bat, RosaVamp doesn't seem like something someone in their midlife would watch...but some listeners said they were trying not to get caught watching it until one day their child walked in on them and they started watching together.

Add to that, a lot of the baby boomers from the start of that era are starting to reach their golden years so the sheer amount of expendable income on hobbies such as this is bound to increase over the next few years (and Japanese spend a LOT on their hobbies) so while it might not bring in such a huge revenue right away, if say Gonzo could target both the young and older demographic simultaneously, I think the revenue stream could potentially expand significantly.
Old 2008-07-04, 20:27   Link #71
guess

As I am not a fan of Gonzo, I can voice why Gonzo's product doesn't interest me (and maybe the reason why Gonzo is losing customers). Their shows are too otaku-oriented or shonen-oriented. I only like Kaleido Stars and that was years ago. I remember that there was a thread a couple years ago or something said that Gonzo was in trouble and decided to focus on otaku-oriented shows only. I was thinking back then, how can narrowing down your market (= cutting down the numbers of customers and hence, cut off your money flow) be a good strategy? Now they are in even bigger trouble! They need to change their marketing and production strategy!
Old 2008-07-04, 23:31   Link #72
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
As I am not a fan of Gonzo, I can voice why Gonzo's product doesn't interest me (and maybe the reason why Gonzo is losing customers). Their shows are too otaku-oriented or shonen-oriented. I only like Kaleido Stars and that was years ago. I remember that there was a thread a couple years ago or something said that Gonzo was in trouble and decided to focus on otaku-oriented shows only. I was thinking back then, how can narrowing down your market (= cutting down the numbers of customers and hence, cut off your money flow) be a good strategy? Now they are in even bigger trouble! They need to change their marketing and production strategy!
I can't imagine what you mean by Gonzo targeting the otaku market, but keep in mind that otaku = customers, so that would make them more money had they decided to do so (KyoAni, anyone?)
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 18:13   Link #73
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Dragonaut

Enough said.
Blizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 15:31   Link #74
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
for anyone interested(are there? XD)
they finished the series

part three

part four

some really interesting info.
maybe some fansubber can translate this?
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 10:39   Link #75
Heresiarch

Gonzo is gone

http://jp.reuters.com/article/domest...18440820080910

[東京 10日 ロイター] いわかぜキャピタルは10日、GDH(3755.T: 株価, ニュース, レポート)株を1株8000円で公開買い付け(TOB)すると発表した。GDHはこれに対し、賛同の意見表 明を発表したが、上場廃止は企図していないという。TOB後、いわかぜキャピタルによる同社の持株比率が8 2.17%に上昇し、筆頭株主となる。

GDH(3755.T: 株価, ニュース, レポート)は同時に、いわかぜキャピタルに対し約18億円の第三者割当増資を実施すると発表した。調達資金 は、アニメ映画およびテレビアニメの制作費に、残額を事業再構築のための長期運転資金に充当す る予定。

記事中の企業の関連情報は各コードをダブルクリックしてご覧ください。

============================================

In the worst cases (not too low the probability), Druaga 2 and other not too profitable anime might got hold off...*sigh*
Heresiarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 11:08   Link #76
Aretsugu no Kimi

Strike Witches...
Aretsugu no Kimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 11:18   Link #77
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...oll-investment

More like Gonzo is changing ownership...correct me if i'm wrong.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 11:31   Link #78
Heresiarch

Actually you're correct. However we've all seen the horrors of what happening to studios after being acquired.
Heresiarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 12:38   Link #79
Mystic Wind

wtf o.o I thought crunchyroll was just some site some guy made and it became popular, didn't know it was worth like 2M USD though D:! I didn't even know it was legal cause it has full episodes? XD
Mystic Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 13:20   Link #80
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise

At least this means there will be more Strike Witches
Kimura sensei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gonzo, studios