AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2009-01-02, 19:50   Link #421
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
The raws are somewhat easily available for it. I have all the raws for this (the not-HD ones) and was planning to sub it but lost interest in the series.
Hmm... mind sharing?
Old 2009-01-03, 07:43   Link #422
Zalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbito
Sugar Sugar Rune
This one is also being worked on. Won't name the group at the moment, but you can look forward to a decent-sized batch in the near future.
Zalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 00:14   Link #423
Babbito
Professional Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalis View Post
This one is also being worked on. Won't name the group at the moment, but you can look forward to a decent-sized batch in the near future.
<3333 Yay! Thanks for the head's up.
Babbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 08:44   Link #424
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkenX6 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, Tofusensei is in charge of translating the series. He's really busy these days, so that's the reason for the delays. Although, maybe if I have spare time from my main TL/TLC duties at L-E, I might consider working on TL-ing some eps.
Actually, translation isn't the hold up on this, oddly. Shifted some personnel around lately, so we'll see what happens lol. (re: Ask Dr. Rin!)

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 21:24   Link #425
Babbito
Professional Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei View Post
Actually, translation isn't the hold up on this, oddly. Shifted some personnel around lately, so we'll see what happens lol. (re: Ask Dr. Rin!)

-Tofu
Yay! Please do your best to send more Ask Dr. Rin! goodness our way this year.

Also: OMG you guys picked up Katri?! I LOVE YOU, LIVE-EVIL!
Old 2009-01-10, 04:25   Link #426
tenkenX6
Undead Fansub TL/TLC
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei View Post

-Tofu
Ah, I see. Well, if any problems arise, I can help out in some way or another.
tenkenX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 04:01   Link #427
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

I'll admit that I've been a huge holdup on Dr. Rin lately - I took a very long absence from fansubbing (aside from a brief project that Tofusensei very graciously helped us out with) to focus on finally earning my college degree. Said degree is now in the mail and I'm hoping to get myself at least a little involved again.

Very sorry for the holdup, to everyone else involved in the project and to everyone who has been so patiently waiting all these years. x_x
Old 2009-01-14, 17:39   Link #428
Babbito
Professional Fangirl

Hey, congratulations on your degree! Real life should always take precedence in cases like this. I've been a fan since Princess Tutu and h.n.k does great work so I hope you and L-E can find time to release a lot of Ask Dr. Rin! this year.
Old 2009-02-04, 04:10   Link #429
yukikeikun

Cyber Formula Saga and Sin

Ayu released Saga and Sin on their website but they didn't actually sub it. The HK subs (I don't know what that means) that were done for Saga and Sin are almost not understandable and the plot/morale of the story can not be understood clearly, if at all. Just watch them and you will understand what I am on about.
Cyber formula is such a great anime series. Same director and story writer as Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny. Please please please would a kind group sub Saga and Sin so the story can be understood for those who can not understand Japanese. As with Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny, the story behind Cyber Formula is so beautiful and it's just such a shame that no one has subbed Saga and Sin properly.
yukikeikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 07:50   Link #430
exedore
Zentradi Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukikeikun View Post
Ayu released Saga and Sin on their website but they didn't actually sub it. The HK subs (I don't know what that means) that were done for Saga and Sin are almost not understandable and the plot/morale of the story can not be understood clearly, if at all. Just watch them and you will understand what I am on about..
One of our translators is doing the entire OVA run from the start since we have the R3's with kanji subs to work from. He's slow, but does good work.

And to be honest, I don't think we watched the same shows re: SAGA and especially SIN, where two characters are neutered in the name of bi-shounen angst.
exedore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 20:36   Link #431
yukikeikun

Quote:
Originally Posted by exedore View Post
One of our translators is doing the entire OVA run from the start since we have the R3's with kanji subs to work from. He's slow, but does good work.

And to be honest, I don't think we watched the same shows re: SAGA and especially SIN, where two characters are neutered in the name of bi-shounen angst.
The show i'm talking about is GPX Cyber Formula Grand Prix. Aired in Japan in the early 1990's or late 1980's i'm not sure. The series was cut short from 50 to 37 eps. There are 4 OVAs: Double one, Zero, Saga, and Sin. Saga and Sin are the ones that havn't been subbed. Please tell me we're talking about the same show...
yukikeikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 18:13   Link #432
DemonDragonJ
Adventurer Extraordinaire

I very much would like to see a continuation of Digimon Adventure 02 and Digimon Tamers, as those series have been subbed only up to episode 21 out of 50 for the former and up to episode 7 out of 51 for the latter. Both of these series are licensed, but I am hopeful that there are some fansub groups who are willing to take a risk and sub the episodes regardless of their legal status.

Digimon Adventure 02 is actually available for free online viewing at CrunchyRoll.com, but only one episode per week is being made available to non-paying members, a user cannot download the episodes to their computer unless they pay an additional fee, and certain terms from the English dub, such as "Digidestined," "digivolve," and "champion" are being used in the subtitles on that website, and I find all of these factors to be incredibly inconvenient and annoying.

Does anyone know what possibility there is of seeing a continuation of the subbing of these two series?
DemonDragonJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 18:58   Link #433
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
Uhh... can anything be more licensed than Digimon?
Old 2009-02-19, 20:49   Link #434
DemonDragonJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroku View Post
Uhh... can anything be more licensed than Digimon?
So, are you saying that it is very unlikely that any fansub groups will continue to sub Digimon? And I will say that I believe that Pokemon can compete with Digimon for the title of "most licensed."

Last edited by DemonDragonJ; 2009-02-20 at 08:35.
Old 2009-02-19, 23:06   Link #435
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

No, I mean that you can't ask about licensed stuff here.

And to answer your question, yes and yes. Both will be done.
Old 2009-02-20, 08:35   Link #436
DemonDragonJ

Quote:
No, I mean that you can't ask about licensed stuff here.
I was not asking for links to any websites that have episodes of these series; I was merely inquiring if anyone knew if the series were going to be completed. However, I shall refrain from asking about licensed series in the future.

Quote:
And to answer your question, yes and yes. Both will be done.
If you are saying that you believe that both series will eventually be subbed in their entirety, then I am very pleased to hear such news, and I thank you very much for your response.
Old 2009-02-25, 13:58   Link #437
Zalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Series, that should be completed?

2. Pretty Cure Splash Star. The group that did it is stalled...a lot. Honestly, I haven't even seen the first two, but I like collecting them.
Well, I'm going to see what I can do about this, either in assisting MFTGX or as a separate release entity. I haven't seen the first 2 Pretty Cure series either, but I started watching Splash Star for the express purpose of helping to finish subbing it.
Zalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 14:23   Link #438
diinastar

Send a message via MSN to diinastar
I'm waiting for the second half of Nana to finish in the manga so they can start making it into the anime. Its making me crazy!!!
diinastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 16:35   Link #439
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I'm waiting for Golgo 13.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 21:10   Link #440
OneLastRemix

Jade Fansubs is doing Jigoku Sensei Nube...
And will pick up Ninku in the future, since the leader has RAWs for both.
OneLastRemix is offline   Reply With Quote