AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-03, 16:06   Link #201
choji
comfortably awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
lol, you caught me

Thinking and typing at the same time...

What I try to say is, I only treat the TV series as the canon and I don't care a thing about the novel

The cancellation of certain scenes in the movie of course doesn't mean a thing to the TV series, but imo, that ambiguous scene doesn't make too much sense so I would be happy if the movie removes that scene

P.S you don't need to hold your breath, thinking the staff would clarify the so-called "sex-scene" either...it won't happen
Um alright, make that clear then; YOUR canon is different from the ACTUAL CANON. Just sayin'.

And lol, there is no "so-called" sex-scene, they did the deed. Deal with it. So obvious it is screaming solely in the TV series too.

Anyway, i am not gonna prolong this, it might get off topic.
Old 2010-10-03, 16:12   Link #202
justavisitor

if you think you represent the actual canon...well i think everyone has their own opinion, so good luck bro XD

I don't wanna get off topic either so I have to stop here
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-10-03, 16:20   Link #203
KaoruLia

... And I recently thought that Alto/Ranka and Alto/Sheryl fans have finally learned to get along in ASuki :/
Old 2010-10-03, 17:10   Link #204
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Yeah, that doesn't seem all that likely, now does it?

Old 2010-10-03, 17:13   Link #205
magnuskn

<gets out cattle prod> Is there a fight?
Old 2010-10-03, 17:15   Link #206
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

lmfao I always get good laughs whenever I come into this forum.

Back to Ranka's new song from the second movie--Hougako Overflow. We got translation courtesy of mai from Gabrielarobin.

http://gabrielarobin.com/3940/new-ra...ara-no-tsubasa
Old 2010-10-03, 17:19   Link #207
justavisitor

talking about Ranka's new songs

How many new songs did Ranka have in the first movie?

And How many new songs Ranka will have in the second movie??
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-10-03, 17:24   Link #208
Dash_Hunter

Quote:
What I try to say is, I only treat the TV series as the canon and I don't care a thing about the novel
Well the thing is that in Macross sometimes we get canon information that never appeared in the series/ovas/movies.

For example we never saw Hikaru and Misa getting Married and having their daughter Miku, we got the information from printed material and it's canon, so having a position where you consider canon only what you see in anime is not really appropiate in this situation.

I don't know if the light-novels are taken as canon but i remember that karice67 posted something like that you can take the novels as another version of the same story, i'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruLia
... And I recently thought that Alto/Ranka and Alto/Sheryl fans have finally learned to get along in ASuki :/
Yeah that was a truce they had when there were no new material or information , but now it appears that war will start again.
Old 2010-10-03, 17:38   Link #209
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
It was a temporary cease-fire.
Old 2010-10-03, 17:41   Link #210
justavisitor

yeah, as soon as the new trailer for the 2nd movie came out, we started arguing again for real no good reason...

But if you think this is bad, wait until the first movie is being released in DVD (which is like a week away??)

Last edited by justavisitor; 2010-10-03 at 17:54.
Old 2010-10-03, 17:58   Link #211
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
For example we never saw Hikaru and Misa getting Married and having their daughter Miku, we got the information from printed material and it's canon,
I, for one, am reading this bit for the first time. Where was it printed?

Old 2010-10-03, 18:00   Link #212
moncikoma

Quote:
@moncikoma
I thought movie 2 will have relatively new plot??
And I heard somewhere that they will use all the new footage...but the Ranka kiss scene in the trailer suggests otherwise

Those movie rumors are too confusing...
From the trailer... It is still unclear ...

There will be new plot... footage and songs, but. The whole story still based on
The TV series so it seems like a recap...

If it is gonna be different.....

Guess it's gonna be like : rebuiled of evangelion 2.0 Compared to the tv series...

Ver 2.0 is tottaly different than in tv series.... Many new foottage...different story..
Just like a parrarel world...

Same goes to sayonara no tsubasa!
It could be ranka x sheryl ending X3
And it could lead to a harem ending...

Cuz from the trailer... Alto still stick to his perverted Harem plan.....
Insted "u are both my wings..." He said I will fly with both songs"
So the ending would be another polygamy afterall LOL...

Just like asobi no iki yo ending hehehehe...

shame ending... But it is very intresting...! I will support 100%!!!
Many older fan will hate it... But still it would make the series more populer in "some" ways LOL

Last edited by moncikoma; 2010-10-03 at 18:29.
Old 2010-10-03, 18:09   Link #213
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I, for one, am reading this bit for the first time. Where was it printed?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=187

:3
Old 2010-10-03, 18:47   Link #214
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Oh, right... artbook material that may or may not be cannon... probably why I don't remember it. Pretty nice pictures, tho.

Old 2010-10-03, 19:40   Link #215
Dash_Hunter

Quote:
Oh, right... artbook material that may or may not be cannon... probably why I don't remember it. Pretty nice pictures, tho.
I don't know if something changed in the Macross Chronicle but i thought that all the content of the Macross Compendium was considered canon and that is where I found about Miku.

Anyway my point was that there are canon facts that we never saw animated, if we take Macross Cronicle as canon then Kim became captain of the Macross 13 (and that was mentioned in the Macross F light-novels too i think), but lets stop with the off-topic here.

Aside from wanting to know the plot of the movie, I just hope that we don't have to wait almost a year to watch the second movie, i couldn't resist reading spoilers last time and i think the same will happen again.
Old 2010-10-03, 20:51   Link #216
justavisitor

Quote:
, i couldn't resist reading spoilers last time and i think the same will happen again.

Same here, sigh ...I really don't like to be spoiled (especially we might get a resolution in this movie) but I know I will definitely get spoiled since I can't resist the spoiler, then wait half a year to watch the movie
Old 2010-10-03, 21:36   Link #217
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Miku gets mentioned in at least one other Macross Guide Book, so I'm pretty sure her existence is canonical...as much as anything is in Macross, of course.
Old 2010-10-03, 22:37   Link #218
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Leaving out the somewhat rhetorical narration...

Spoiler for quick trans:
A little late but I forgot to thank you for the translations since I was the one that requested them Thank you I'd give you more cookies but I can't until I give out some more

Quote:
I don't know if the light-novels are taken as canon but i remember that karice67 posted something like that you can take the novels as another version of the same story, i'm not sure.
I believe Karice translated the authors comments and while Kawamori did read over it, he also told the author to write whatever they wanted so I'm not sure it can be taken as canon towards the TV series.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"

Last edited by DeX-kun; 2010-10-04 at 02:46. Reason: Typo
Old 2010-10-04, 02:22   Link #219
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I believe Karice translated the authors comments and while Kawamori did read over it, he also told the author to right whatever they wanted so I'm not sure it can be taken as canon towards the TV series.
With the "everybody writes how he wants it!" attitude we got at the moment with all the tie-ins for Frontier, it is indeed a bit difficult to discern what is canon and what is not.

Heh. I can't wait for someone to finish his personal interpretation of the series with a real ending.
Old 2010-10-09, 10:17   Link #220
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

The 30-second preview of the second movie found after the credits of the first movie:

Tags
mecha, movie, romance, science fiction, song