AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 276 51.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 145 27.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 76 14.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 3.74%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 1.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 1.31%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.19%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 0.75%
Voters: 535. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-24, 18:18   Link #201
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
I'd say Death Note is a legend among legends. Very creative, very individual and of course one story not to be forgotten - ever. I liked it a lot.
Old 2010-05-29, 05:04   Link #202
gkou

The first 26 episodes were epic (except the yotsuba arc).10/10

the last 11 episodes were just ok mainly because near is not as fun as l and light seemed to become stupid. Why not test the death note to see wether is fake before using it at the end.
Old 2010-06-05, 16:15   Link #203
zim
The Great Irken Soldier

he was over confident and insane but i agree with u the last 11 were not as good becuase of near
Old 2010-06-08, 20:05   Link #204
NormanLUnderwood2010

Thumbs up

Death note anime is the best!! But it is so sad that KIRA(yagami light) is going to die on the last part of the last episode of DeathNote!! i dont want it..
KIRA VS L and N!!!
Old 2010-06-17, 13:55   Link #205
Cream

Ahh, Death note . This anime was technically very good. I liked it personally. I liked how they used actual smarts , unlike in most of the recent animes. 7/10. Slightly above average.
Old 2010-07-16, 15:34   Link #206
YannisYagami

9/10 I really liked it but I think nothing
is perfect. ;D
Old 2010-07-20, 00:29   Link #207
Kano_the_Ghost

I was appealed to the manga a bit more because of it's more realistic feel to it. however they were both great, manga and anime, the only thing I could say I disliked about Death Note was it's ending. I just didn't agree with it for some reason.
Old 2010-08-06, 04:17   Link #208
evo dragoon

i quite liked Death Note, i also found it was hampered slightly by its second half, but it made up for it with its ending, it was satisfying to see such a calm and collected villain break down as his plan fell apart. Also points for L, i'd give it a 7.9 out of 10.
Old 2010-08-14, 07:02   Link #209
cinco

The last 11 episodes were a bit rushed compared to the content of the original manga.
Some shortcuts were taken to speed the story up.
Overall, probably my favorite anime-series.
Old 2010-08-19, 19:18   Link #210
StealthyGhost

Well, I would say that i really loved this anime, but I agree with lots of people saying that the last episodes were not as good as the beginning. I really didn't like Near... He beated Kira so easily while L was much more awesome and strategic. Loved the part with L but dislike the part with Near. But in the end I gave 9/10 just for L vs kira.

I will probably only give 10/10 to an anime which would be the best ever to my eyes, so we can say that 9/10 is like the best I can give^^
Old 2010-08-20, 02:12   Link #211
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~

I'm going to agree with others and say that the later episodes felt more rushed and not as good as the first half. I liked L, but couldn't stand Near, its like he just played with toys and gave orders. I disliked how he didn't seem to have any reasoning behind his theories, just 'that must be x-kira because I saw him on TV' bleh...It really frustrated me how he just seemed to know everything with little to no evidence unlike L which actually had reasoning. I just couldn't stand Near at all, but I did like Mellow.
I also didn't really like how the task force just jumped boats from a couple of words from Near, I mean if you had all this evidence proving Light was innocent like his dad's shinigami's eyes proving it, plus just the fact of how little % it was for Light to be Kira out of all the thousands of people. I mean I know it's a anime but its like they never doubt anyone else, would have been better imo if they atleast went after somone else or atleast suspicions of somone else beside Light. But anyways was still good, and I really enjoyed it besides the forceful feeding of Light=Kira.
Also felt like the later episodes lost some of the charm the first half had. Or maybe I just missed all the planning by Kira and L and seeing how everything turned out and the interactions between Kira and Ryuk and Misa.
8.5/10
Old 2010-10-24, 02:57   Link #212
Kyrara

In my opinion the serial should be finished after death of L, I think that I'm not lonely in this opinion
Old 2010-10-30, 12:20   Link #213
misa~misa
n00b

Plot - 10/10 (mainly because it's everything I look for in a plot, makes you question morality so it involves you it's of a strategic, mystery, detective, psychological, supernatural genre and it's unintentionally funny at times "I'll take a potato chip, and eat it!")

Characters 9/10 (I love the character designs, the personalities, the roles they play, how lovable some of them are I mean L, Light, Ryuk, the Yagami family, the SPK, Near and Mello, Naomi Misora, the police. That's one hell of a cast. My only complaint would be how stupid and unrealistic they could be. Mikami and Light have an excuse for being psychotic, but Misa loved Light no matter what he did. No-one loves anyone that much or would go to those extents for someone who's such a prick to them).

Animation - 10/10 (It could be an nine but not many animes can compete with it, I think, so that just gives it the extra mark. I love the colours, the atmosphere in the anime, the character design as I mentioned, I even loved the "camera work", overall very nice to look at).

Music 10/10 - (The music was amazing but I wished they used some tracks more. There're some tracks I'll never forget from that anime. I bothered buying the soundtrack. Excellent. Really gives the anime a great feel, the character's themes too. I also liked how the main characters had more than one theme).

Voice-overs 9/10 (very good, I actually was able to watch the dub).
Old 2010-12-01, 08:02   Link #214
izual155

Ending

I wished that light wouldent of died, i can see why he would use his power to end all wars and bring justice to evil doers. Also the fact that misa misa and Kiyomi Takada
were not able to love light. i thought it was a sad moment when misa was all alone and all she wanted was to be loved
Old 2010-12-08, 15:15   Link #215
Shikabane_Hime
108 Shikabane to destroy

Death Note was quite a series. The story was unique and most of the characters were well developed. I didn't read the manga however I have seen most of the anime and all three of the live action films. I'm going to have to say that the main reasons why I didn't give it a 10/10 had to be because the last part did indeed seem a little rushed, and I really didn't like the way L died while Near was able to defeat Kira. I also couldn't stand Misa. No offence to all Misa lovers out there but I really didn't like her. When you got right down to it she was intelligent but she rarely used her brain. I also had a thing about her obsessiveness. I understand her reasoning behind it (Like I understood Relena Peacecraft's reason for obsessing over Heero Yuy) but it still really bothered me. Misa, in my opinion, wasn't as well developed as some of the other characters.
Old 2010-12-15, 03:41   Link #216
ronin myael
lost ronin

this is definitely one of my most cherished series. it would have been perfect except for the last episodes. the series just wasn't the same without L. i loved the mind games L and light played against each other. the manga is much better than the anime though. it's one of the better written manga that i've read.
Old 2010-12-15, 18:02   Link #217
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by izual155 View Post
I wished that light wouldent of died, i can see why he would use his power to end all wars and bring justice to evil doers. Also the fact that misa misa and Kiyomi Takada
were not able to love light. i thought it was a sad moment when misa was all alone and all she wanted was to be loved
Spoiler for hahahahahha:

This series make some impression that human is easy, yet complicated, I hate it and like it at the same time.
Bipedals that if given any power, even the tiny one, will go heel over head like Light do, species that so weak yet so prideful, a toothless wolf in sheep skins I must say. Plastered some tooth stick in it's gum, and the one will be attacked first is you ahahahahaha

serious mode: on
now I see why there's a thing called Religion on human society
It's even funny how in the end Misa ended as leader of some fake Religion (may be you call it: Occult) that praise Kira as God, much like the author just make some hint

as for character, I found Ryuk is more like-able, than light, but if I were to pick human character it must be L (Ryuuzaki the 1st L) and because his idiocy to let the suspect join the team, my taste shift to second L (Near the 2nd L)

I wish to meet the author my self and receive the explanation of the last 3 pages of her manga and the hint about Misa last line in last page where she offered the candle.
serious mode: off

could it be ...............second season in the kitchen? LOL

anyway, it's good series, I'll give 50 from 100 point. And recommended it to anyone who can't sleep (I watch the multimedia and manga in 24 hours of my computer time )
Old 2010-12-22, 10:53   Link #218
Luk_008
Lelouch commands you!

Animation Quality: 9 (Sometimes is very dark XD)
Voice Actors: 10
Script: 9
Adaptation from Manga: 8
Editing: 10
Final Grade: 9/10

Death Note is one of the most intellingents animes I've ever watched.
The anime gets a little boring after L's death, but it still is one of my favorites.
I enjoyed the end, Kira was selfish and deserved to die (In the mangá his death is more humiliating).
In terms of intelligence:
L > Kira
The only problem was that he can't prove Kira was guilty.

[撃っていいのは撃たれる覚悟のあるヤツだけだ]
by Lelouch vi Britannia
Old 2010-12-23, 00:37   Link #219
Amutox89
~ the odd one ~

Death Note was phenomenal in how great it was, to say the least. I will say that after L died, it wasn't as great, and I'm willing to bet a lot of people agree with me on that. But overall, it was still a fantastic anime and it's up there in my favorites 10/10
Old 2011-01-02, 21:20   Link #220
under the rain

Animation Quality: 9/10
Death Note is beautifully animated; with dark, gothic animation giving the series a distinctive touch. It's very fitting to the tone of the series, and it's one of the strongest parts of it.

Voice Actors: 8/10
Mamoru Miyano is great, Kappei Yamaguchi is pretty good, all other characters are not memorable, but certainly not bad. The dub has quite a good voice cast as well, with Alessandro Juliani easily matching Yamaguchi in his portrayal of L. Both the Japanese and the English are noteworthy.

Script: 7/10
You know the writers had a fun time with this series. The execution is phenomenal, the cat and mouse games between L and Light are so much fun to watch. It's just a very well-written anime... Until L's successors show up. Then it starts to go downhill quite a bit. (Thus the seven.)

Soundtrack: 7/10
Nothing really stands out except for L's theme, which is one of my favorite songs in any anime's OST. Otherwise, the music is good, though it suffers from some generic epicness. (Those choirs get a little annoying after a while.)

Enjoyment: 9/10
So much over-the-top fun in this. That's probably the anime's greatest strength, the fun-factor. Every intricate plot, every villainous smirk, ever "just as planned" had me jumping with excitement from start to finish.

Emotional Involvement: 3/10
Here's the series's biggest weakness. The characters are very psychologically developed, there's no doubt about that. However, the emotional development falls by the wayside. This isn't bad, a series like this doesn't need emotionally complex characters. Regardless, I feel that's what keeps this series from being spectacular.

Overall: 7/10
Very good anime. Don't let the hype get to you, it lives up to it for the most part. I'd certainly recommend it.