AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 36 30.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 17.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 7.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 4.20%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.84%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.68%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-05, 06:22   Link #141
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

The only thing that matters to me about this episode is seeing Yamada-sensei and Chifuyu in their swimsuits Wowza!

Trap + Ponytail + Mini-skirt + Stockings = Deadly Combo
Old 2011-03-05, 07:47   Link #142
Stefkov

I was finally enjoying this for the fanservice show that it is but then Ichika goes and has a siscon. He's got an entire academy of girls around him, and 5 or 6 main heriones, begging for his attention but he decides to blush and be speechless looking at a (blood?) relative. Yeah she looked good but seriously, for f***s sake, the one thing I hate the most.
Old 2011-03-05, 09:43   Link #143
Sixth
Hu Tao

Germany handles everything in an extreme serious manner. Love trouble? Black Bunny in the military suits will try their best to solve the problem for you. They didn't laugh, they didn't question your logic and they did it in very professional ways. That alone made me chuckled for 3 minutes of that part.

It seems that Rin got shafted and fodderized as the series go. She slowly become irrelevant to the IS. I like Cecillia and Rin's yandere face. That made them so cute.

As for Ichika, the mystery finally solved. He is nothing but a siscon. Charlotte hit the bull-eye when she said that. Ichika seems didn't deny it as well.

Tanabe isn't what I am hoping for. She just too nice and cute. I am expecting a evil, god complex character.
Old 2011-03-05, 10:44   Link #144
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Tanabe isn't what I am hoping for. She just too nice and cute. I am expecting a evil, god complex character.
Well, who's to know, it may just be a front for hiding the evil stuff inside...if she's smart enough to be top genius IS inventor than manipulative stuff like that should be simple enough. What I think when I first saw here though, is that she and Houki is really different despite being sisters, be it their looks or personality. Well, just because they're sisters doesn't mean they can't be different, but as far as similarities go Tabane is much more similar to Pika-tan. The face, the characteristics, even the extra ears...
Old 2011-03-05, 11:40   Link #145
Forsaken_Infinity

Plotwise crap episode. They even diluted Charlotte's character a bit. She is still far and away the #1 (and only sensible) girl though.

The fanservice was okay but the humor was so cliched that I couldn't really enjoy it.

This show has so much room for awesome yuri stuff (RinxCecilia CharxLaura HoukixTabane ChifuyuxYamada ...) that I am really pissed it has to beat itself around this dysfunctional homosexual siscon retard. Just go with the yuri ffs.
Old 2011-03-05, 14:51   Link #146
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
This show has so much room for awesome yuri stuff (RinxCecilia CharxLaura HoukixTabane ChifuyuxYamada ...) that I am really pissed it has to beat itself around this dysfunctional homosexual siscon retard. Just go with the yuri ffs.
Thats what I would wish for... But unfortunately, for the *I suppose* sake of keeping comedy in this anime, they believe things should just stay a massive harem.
Old 2011-03-05, 15:12   Link #147
DangoMochi

Ichika's interpretations are awful

She doesn't want to get lost? Seriously?
Old 2011-03-05, 16:05   Link #148
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Plotwise crap episode. They even diluted Charlotte's character a bit. She is still far and away the #1 (and only sensible) girl though.

The fanservice was okay but the humor was so cliched that I couldn't really enjoy it.

Screw that! Wincest is always the answer! ChifuyuXIchika for the win. And umm..Houki and Tabane (whereever she is)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2011-03-05, 16:36   Link #149
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

The typical "beach" episode with fanservice. I would give it a 5 or 6 out of ten, but I'll give it a 7 because of Laura, Charlotte and Houki. Why? Dere Laura was bold to do "sleep naked" with Ichika, Charlotte is just the good ole Charlotte, and call me weird but I was kinda happy Houki wasn't with the rest of the class. It made me like her a bit more because of what's store for next episode's character and her. Oh yeah forgot about the sun oil with Cecilia was pretty nice.
Old 2011-03-05, 16:40   Link #150
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
>Charlotte
>nickname: Char
>CHAR CHAR~
>Charmander?

o______o
Didn't he say "Charl?"
Old 2011-03-05, 16:56   Link #151
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I was wondering where Houki went lol. Ichika didn't get to see you in your swimsuit!!
Old 2011-03-05, 17:11   Link #152
Maxtro

Good episode but it also shows that this show doesn't really care about plot.

I was disappointing when Houki actually had a conversation with her sister. I was really hoping that the reason Tabane was out of touch for so long was she was kidnapped by an evil organization that was forcing her to unmanded IS's. Which would eventually lead to a rescue mission with lots of cool battles.

Anyways, how many episodes is this series?

One more thing, a perfectly placed joke was missed. When Ichika called Charlotte, Char, I wanted her to imagine her self wearing a helmet, cause you know

Spoiler for pic:
Old 2011-03-05, 17:22   Link #153
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

oh my god, perfect episode. Chiffuyu's garder swimsuit...

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2011-03-05, 17:40   Link #154
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Didn't he say "Charl?"
Nope, since "Charl" would sound exactly the same as "Charles" in Japanese.
Old 2011-03-05, 18:03   Link #155
BChoinski
Old Macross Coot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
If you're going to ask yourself why not being able to summon her IS despite a simple cramp doesn't make sense, you could go all the way and ask yourself if ANYTHING in this series has consistently made any amount of sense.
Yea, I know...I probably killed a few catgirls with that last question.

The IS system is still just so much tech magic at this point -- it would be nice to have an idea of the limitations/parameters.
Old 2011-03-05, 23:47   Link #156
dark998

The visual quality sure suffered this time, 8-bit has A LOT of work to do for the home release.

Otherwise it was a fairly traditional beach episode with lots of nice fanservice and funny scenes. Extra points for all the side girls getting plenty of love as well.

Most interesting part was naturally the first non-flashback appearance of the IS creator herself and the first glimpse of the Aka-Tsubaki. Next episode will have more of that so I can't barely wait.
Old 2011-03-06, 01:26   Link #157
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

I loved the Ichika x Char moments X3
Old 2011-03-06, 02:56   Link #158
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Despite the fact there was absolutely no mecha action in this episode I'll let such a lack of inclusion slide.

Anywho... Beach scene. Great. As if there wasn't one of those in every recent anime conceived. The fanservice never stopped, causing me to almost literally just drop the phone and go finish watching my paused Uverse box for some Terminator goodness. Silliness can have a limit.

Likely the only good thing to come out of this was seeing Laura with twintails. Yep. That's it.
At least Houki seems to have a better edge now. Or at least, is on the road to such services.
Old 2011-03-06, 05:10   Link #159
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
Spoiler for pic:
Would be funnier if Char's IS was red and black. Who knows? Maybe we'll get a Char kick in the next episode or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Roy View Post
I loved the Ichika x Char moments X3
We've been having alot of those, haven't we?

7.4/10 for the episode. It wasn't bad but it was like any other filler beach episode.
Old 2011-03-06, 05:17   Link #160
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recite View Post
Would be funnier if Char's IS was red and black. Who knows? Maybe we'll get a Char kick in the next episode or two.

We've been having alot of those, haven't we?

7.4/10 for the episode. It wasn't bad but it was like any other filler beach episode.
True. It felt like a filler. But the bonding time they had together was entertaining XD