AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-27, 04:29   Link #41
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Why in hell they hid the info from Marine HQ anyway? This only proves that either some Pirates have spies over Marine network or WG just lost all of its credibility amongst their prime combat forces for nothing. I mean duh...if they are trying to keep it secret, all marines amongst Fujitora's group just learnt about it due to Law's whining.

And on a smaller note, Donflamingo reminds me of real world Jean Lafitte the most, gaining immunity to most "big bosses" around the world, creating huge illegal trades networks and becoming almost "The Legal Pirate". And he eventually lost due to increased naval aggression that messed with some important people's profits.

Last edited by Rawrz; 2013-06-27 at 04:40.
Old 2013-06-27, 13:51   Link #42
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Things are gonna get crazy when Dof gets defeated, Goverment and the higher ups will be after the Strawhats heads for sure when that happens

I can't wait when the crew gets a higher bounty for this, Monster Trio should be higher than Law and Kid combined

Dof is really starting to be some thing else, hes got higher connections? Wow, Goverment will not be pleased with all this at all

Now Luffy's fight is finally next, kind of glad we skipped over some fights, no use delaying the major fights going on. We have to get Luffy into Dof's plot some how soon, other than getting that devil fruit which will happen after Law's beating

Law is screwed, why on earth did he think he could out smart Dof? He really didn't know any thing about him, should have looked into his background some more some how before doing this, maybe have a better idea of things but oh well. Will be nice to see Law get crushed

Can't wait for Luffy's fight.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2013-06-27, 15:13   Link #43
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Can't wait for Luffy to stun the crowd with one of his big moves.
Maybe he'll just get rid of all the small fry in one big attack, and then focus on the Don.
Old 2013-06-27, 15:38   Link #44
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

we might just get another Haoshoku Haki blast to wipe out the weaker people then the real fights begin
Old 2013-06-27, 19:05   Link #45
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Maybe after this arc the rest of the crew will get a much needed bounty update.
Old 2013-06-28, 00:50   Link #46
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 712
That was not a bad chapter. Daflamingo should be careful not to underestimate the Marines. Daflamingo really did do his home work on the Straw Hats. I hope the Straw Hats get to do a match up with Daflamingo.

Wild Card
With the Marines being left out of the loop Daflamingo should be careful. It seems Fujitori has a strong sense of good justice, on top of that the marines were not informed about the little stunt.

If I were Admiral Fujitori I would sit back and enjoy the fight between the two. Then right when one of them(Most likely Daflamingo) is about to kill the other, I would use my Devil Fruit and suppress both of them down or just Daflamingo and let Law escape. Keep them from killing each other. If Daflamingo pushed further I would remind him what it means to be the Admiral Rank. That will teach CP-0 and the celestial Dragons to play games with an Marine's time.
Old 2013-06-28, 01:31   Link #47
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Why in hell they hid the info from Marine HQ anyway? This only proves that either some Pirates have spies over Marine network or WG just lost all of its credibility amongst their prime combat forces for nothing. I mean duh...if they are trying to keep it secret, all marines amongst Fujitora's group just learnt about it due to Law's whining.

And on a smaller note, Donflamingo reminds me of real world Jean Lafitte the most, gaining immunity to most "big bosses" around the world, creating huge illegal trades networks and becoming almost "The Legal Pirate". And he eventually lost due to increased naval aggression that messed with some important people's profits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Chapter 712
That was not a bad chapter. Daflamingo should be careful not to underestimate the Marines. Daflamingo really did do his home work on the Straw Hats. I hope the Straw Hats get to do a match up with Daflamingo.

Wild Card
With the Marines being left out of the loop Daflamingo should be careful. It seems Fujitori has a strong sense of good justice, on top of that the marines were not informed about the little stunt.

If I were Admiral Fujitori I would sit back and enjoy the fight between the two. Then right when one of them(Most likely Daflamingo) is about to kill the other, I would use my Devil Fruit and suppress both of them down or just Daflamingo and let Law escape. Keep them from killing each other. If Daflamingo pushed further I would remind him what it means to be the Admiral Rank. That will teach CP-0 and the celestial Dragons to play games with an Marine's time.
Are those like the evil clones of Doflamingo?
Old 2013-06-28, 01:32   Link #48
Slayerx

I do think Law DID have a back up plan for dealing with Doflamingo... the Marines. He knew that there was a possibility that Flamingo would try to kill him when they met at green bit, so he leaked where he was going to the marines so that they would be ready to cause trouble for the former schichbukai... Law being a current Schikibukai would more likely get their help in fighting off DoFlamingo, or at the very least, the marines may help him escape his wrath

But this back up plan of his has been screwed up with the reveal that Joker actually had enough pull to actually release a false news report to the entire world.; something law did not think was possible since only the world nobles could manipulate the news like that.. Now the marines have no reason to take down Doflamingo meaning that Law is completely on his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Can anyone do that pose Violet does with her hands when she tried to read Sanji's mind?
I can, though it is not a comfortable pose
Old 2013-06-28, 03:13   Link #49
danielevo

If it possible if Smoker will go to green pit after having wound because of doflamingo ? If it possible, then maybe he will come to green pit and then say everything about doflamingo relation to caesar and what doflamingo do in punk hazard, then maybe fujitora will have to fight doflamingo, but doflamingo run or something..

Or maybe Aokiji will appear and stop the fight
Old 2013-06-28, 04:33   Link #50
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Everyone's forgetting that the WG just made a fool out of Sakazuki (Akainu, the current Fleet Admiral) - I don't think he's gonna take that bullshit lightly.

He may just be the one to order the Marines to deal with Doflamingo (and maybe Law) despite his Shichibukai status.
Old 2013-06-28, 07:55   Link #51
JonSnow

Since Law gave Nami a vivre card, one of them is bound to get caught. The question is... which one of them gets caught and which one gets away?
Old 2013-06-28, 08:48   Link #52
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Are those like the evil clones of Doflamingo?
Ya I noticed that to. I used way too many, but I am way to lazy to change that today.
Old 2013-06-28, 09:53   Link #53
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I was commenting more on the flashbacks placement within the story rather than the specific content of the flashback (Oda has, in my opinion, a bad habit of needlessly adding flashbacks to events when he could simply show the events in sequence with the rest of the story - for example, Zoro running around after he encountered the dwarves, only to flashback to mere minutes earlier when he first meets the dwarves). Flashbacks are interruptions in a story used to provide clarification (amongst other narrative reasons), but if you are going to simply flashback to an event that occurred mere seconds previous, then why not simply show the event rather than using a flashback?

The information was relevant, but the placement was off, which threw off the pacing and flow (for me).
I kinda like this placement though because, as you said, it lets Oda interrupt the same on going flow/narration pattern, which I personally find refreshing. While the momentum of the story isn't disrupted like it would be by a "real" long flashback those mini-flashbacks add a little spice when you wonder how Sanji got that information or, even if it's just as long as a page flip, how Zoro and the dwarf got accustomed.

Story-wise, I'm really looking forward how the events on Green Bit shore play out and what the Marines' reaction will be. Let's not forget that Clown has a big bounty on his head and an admiral is present. Akainu will not be very pleased by the fact that he got jacked by Doflamingo so even if they can't touch him (either because they don't know or cause he is protected by higher ups) they can still hurt him by arresting CC.

Last edited by ri0; 2013-06-28 at 10:07.
Old 2013-06-28, 11:46   Link #54
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Doflamingo probably reports directly to the Gourosei which explains why he has so much power.
Old 2013-06-28, 15:22   Link #55
Blackbeard D. Kuma

It seems Law had no prior knowledge of Doflamingo's "higher-up" connections. But being the astute man that he is, shouldn't he have wondered why his former boss has so much influence and goes around doing whatever he pleases? That is an anomaly amongst pirates. However, Law is still in the game; he has possession over Ceasar's heart. So Doflamingo has to be careful, otherwise he'll have Kaido's wrath to deal with.
Old 2013-06-28, 15:51   Link #56
marvelB

You know, now I'm starting to wonder: If Dofla is capable of fooling the whole world with fake news of his resignation, could this possibly mean that the tournament's grand prize is a fake, as well? After all, we knew right from the beginning that the mera mera fruit was being used as bait to lure Luffy into a trap. Imagine if all those monsters in the arena like Burgess and Don Chinjao fought tooth and nail over what was just an ordinary fruit disguised as a DF? That would be another grand act of trolling on Dofla's part!

BTW, it wouldn't be the first time we saw someone pull the "fake DF" stunt either..... recall that Buggy did pulled that very same act eons ago when he was on Roger's ship.
Old 2013-06-29, 03:48   Link #57
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
It seems Law had no prior knowledge of Doflamingo's "higher-up" connections. But being the astute man that he is, shouldn't he have wondered why his former boss has so much influence and goes around doing whatever he pleases? That is an anomaly amongst pirates. However, Law is still in the game; he has possession over Ceasar's heart. So Doflamingo has to be careful, otherwise he'll have Kaido's wrath to deal with.
This probably crossed his mind, but likely attributed it to the fact he's a king of a country as well.
Secretly being tied/related to CD is something way over the top for denizens of that world to even imagine.
Old 2013-06-29, 04:41   Link #58
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
You know, now I'm starting to wonder: If Dofla is capable of fooling the whole world with fake news of his resignation, could this possibly mean that the tournament's grand prize is a fake, as well? After all, we knew right from the beginning that the mera mera fruit was being used as bait to lure Luffy into a trap. Imagine if all those monsters in the arena like Burgess and Don Chinjao fought tooth and nail over what was just an ordinary fruit disguised as a DF? That would be another grand act of trolling on Dofla's part!
Though this might be a possibility, personally I'd find that disappointing. Somehow it would feel odd 'cause it would be a total loss of integrity for Doflamingo as a pirate and the Corrida Colosseum as a venue for top tier fighters betting their life on high class prizes.
Old 2013-07-01, 14:18   Link #59
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Yeah I definitely don't think that the fruit is fake. For some reason I don't see the fruit's power fitting into the story. It seems like it would be a useless addition if anyone else than luffy got it and then destroyed it.

Also, can someone update me on the current status of the marines? I got confused reading... are they there at Doflamingo's request, or because of some other reason (law)?
Old 2013-07-01, 14:50   Link #60
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
Also, can someone update me on the current status of the marines? I got confused reading... are they there at Doflamingo's request, or because of some other reason (law)?
Fujitora was sent to deal with Doflamingo. The task was probably for verification purposes (to make sure he really did quit the shichibukai) and to stop a dangerous rogue criminal. Law and the strawhats alliance, while also a significant threat, is not the primary focus.