AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/stay Night Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 27 15.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 49 28.99%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 45 26.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 34 20.12%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 5.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.37%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-04-23, 03:23   Link #141
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife
I think what the poster meant, was that Caster doesn't know everything that is going on. She can see what others cannot, but that doesn't mean she knows everything. If she doesn't know about our golden clad friend, there's other things she won't know about. Come on Andiyar. The rest of your post was brilliant up until that part.

Perhaps that was a tad too 'gleeful' at that. Ah well, I have obviously been a rather staunch campaigner for the idea of Rider being dead... I suppose I got a bit carried away at the proof that I see within the episode. Has been minorly edited.

As to our golden clad friend,

Spoiler:

Again, apologies for any tone that might have been misconstrued. Hopefully that cleared that up a bit

-Andiyar
Old 2006-04-23, 04:00   Link #142
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

This episode has shown some flaws, which I believe have already been mentioned in the thread so far. Anyway, since I have to write my opinion, I'll go anyway.

- : (where " - "standing for "minus") Berserker's death was too cheap. After all the hype constructed on previous ep, with the 12 lives , the 12 labours and stuff, we got him killed 7 times with a single hit? That's absurd. I understand that anime is supposedly far from reality, but to die seven times contemporarily is just poorly believable.
Yes, Shirou and Saber hitting together was impressive, suggestive and all the stuff. But a Caliburn that didn't even come out 100% faithful to its original couldn't just kill that monster so easily. 7 minutes and 20 seconds of episodes (prequel and Opening included) to give Berserker a red card. And he was the one who eliminated Archer.
Highly disappointing. I thought the whole episode was to be dedicated to this fight, not 1/3 of it.

- : andiyar has already expressed this well enough. Saber's change, even though impressive and likeable, is too quick. I like it, but again the believability falls abruptly.

- : The drawings. Especially noticeable on some close-ups of Ilya (but that wasn't just her). We had a poor work in this episode all in all, as if it wasn't important enough to spend time on the graphic aspect of it. But when you apply in a work (supposedly, art?) , it's not like some part can be neglected and some not. Not so evidently, at least. The perfection of episode 14 is so near in terms of time but seems like ages ago in terms of effects on the viewer (appeal).

- + : which means that it scored even to me. The fanservice, I mean. Interesting indeed, difficult to remain unsensible to such cuties. But I wouldn't like that the screenplayers were assuming: "ok, we got you Berserker's defear, we're giving you naked Saber, Rin's thighs, so what do you expect more?"
Meaning, I hope the fanservice wasn't here to justify the aforementioned poor efforts on graphics factors. There's not one thing which can justify another, either you do all well ... either you do all well

+ : I was overall glad that Ilya wasn't killed. And even more, that she was brought at Shirou's home. I don't know what her role could be now, but just her presence and her cute voice and appearence are pleasurable enough.
Without Berserker, she sure looks less scary, but still she keeps that evil aura, which for me - non game player - leads to an overall mistery with her. Even though I'm quite faithful she wouldn't do any harm to her oneechan, I cannot be fairly sure of that.

+ : The (poorly) introduced further developments. Finally Sakura is to be involved again, we'll get to see in which way, and that's really interesting nonetheless. I'm also curious on the actual bond within her and Rin, even though I have my clues (and I'm fairly sure of them).

And so 2/3 of series are gone, I suppose things must really get hotter and hotter from now on. Let's hope in a recover of arts and animations (but I think so), and that no other Servants will be wasted, as for potential, as Berserker was (or even Rider herself, was).

7/10
Old 2006-04-23, 04:45   Link #143
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasheq
the second problem with the episode was the screen time ilya got. she needed more.
That's an interesting point that I'd momentarily forgotten about. It's probably a bit too much to ask of F/SN for really profound character analyses, since it is very much a plot-driven show, but I have to agree that Ilya hasn't gotten the attention she deserves to date... even after the entire Berserker-saga. It's very much been hinted that she's an interesting character with an eventful past and some sort of meaningful connection with her Servent, but, other than these little hints we haven't been explicitly told very much about her at all.

Not dissimilar to Sakura in this respect. If there's a criticism I can give to all of F/SN to date, it's that I want to know more about these characters, but the show isn't telling us enough.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 05:00   Link #144
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Bah.. Rider didnt show her other side of character and yet she already dead -_-''.

It hurts.. so your complaint on under developed Ilya ... REJECTED!!!!!

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 05:02   Link #145
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea_servant_1996
episode 16 i think ilya is talented in ballet.....
Yeah. That second-last preview scene was very impressive, when you consider that she's not even wearing pointe shoes... that would hurt.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 05:19   Link #146
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
but the show isn't telling us enough.
Because the writers probably think that viewers don't need to know that much, or that nearly everyone watching in Japan already knows.
Old 2006-04-23, 05:25   Link #147
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
Saber is so jealous whenever Ilya is clinging to Shirou

Spoiler:
To be honest it was obvious that his teacher was related to the war and most likely a master. But it wasnt obvious caster's master was him ^_^.
Old 2006-04-23, 05:42   Link #148
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ o_o

How was it obvious? to be honest.. if I didnt read the spoiler, I would be suprise.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-04-23, 06:36   Link #149
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Obvious because of his weird apparition in ep.2 IIRC.

This guy seemed way too dark and serious back then.
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 06:58   Link #150
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Because the writers probably think that viewers don't need to know that much, or that nearly everyone watching in Japan already knows.
If it's the second it's presumptious, if it's the first it's pretentious. Either way, I still want to know more. It's a pretty universal rule that the more you know about a character, the easier it is to sympathize with their plight, and I'm disappointed that the writers appear to have ignored it.

Most likely they're sacrificing characters for plot, but given how little we know about Sakura, Ilya, Rider and Archer so far, I'm starting to think it wasn't the best choice.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 07:00   Link #151
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Patience, there are still 8 episodes to go... And we may get some Archer development through Shirou. However, I doubt we'll get any more Rider development within the remaining eppy's.
Old 2006-04-23, 07:10   Link #152
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Let's hope they don't start messing up. It's like ep 14 was the end of the first season and a new team got to do the second and it's lacking. I mean, before ep 15 my rating didn't drop below 10, and I had to drop it for 2 whole episodes. Somehow, the atmosphere seems ruined to me.

Thank God Illya somewhat saved ep 16
Old 2006-04-23, 07:27   Link #153
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Well, I found ep.15 weird and not so good but ep.16 was very good IMO.

The staff has used almost three episodes for the battle against Berserker so I think his end was OK. Could have been better, but I won't complain.

And concerning the blow that uses up a seven-lives stock, I'll say this again: this is a sword that is supposed to "bring victory". And again, I would have found a fight where you got to kill Berserker 7 times a bit boring and inevitably repetitive.
Finally, the anime is just following the game. Berserker ends this way in the game too.

So I think they chose the best option even though they could have made it more epic.

And for me, it's especially Saber who's saved the day ^^.
Old 2006-04-23, 07:37   Link #154
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, I haven't played the game, so I am free of the "follows the game" argument and expect a story that can stand for itself Most conversions do that, they keep something which was not well-written because it was in the game, instead of altering it to make it better. That just goes to show you that either the writers lack fundamental qualities, or the game companies give out strict instructions on how to convert the game.

Last edited by npal; 2006-04-23 at 14:09.
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 07:49   Link #155
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Yea instead of one stab.. they could dragged it out for each life >.<

Right now, the whole archer's affair seems cheap >.>

And lucky for both of you, you guys have a character to save the day for you

Well, I saw Caster.. so I think she save mine ^-^v
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-04-23, 07:54   Link #156
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

You're right npal. But I've stated another argument

Wouldn't you have found a bit boring and repetitive to have to take each of Berserker's lives one by one?

And Archer's affair doesn't seem cheap to me. He was alone when fighting whereas Saber had Rin and especially Shirou to back her up.

Saber would never have won the fight if Shirou had not been there.

Well, you're a lucky one too KiNa since you saw Caster . And when I see the poll, I think this eppy isn't considered as a crappy one.
Old 2006-04-23, 07:58   Link #157
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto
Right now, the whole archer's affair seems cheap >.>
My point exactly. Archer gave his all there and managed the impossible, killed Berserker 5 times and perished in a moment of glory. And then, you stick a sword in Berserker and you kill him 7 times...

Eh, you know, even Cloud's Omnislash would be better Just give the other sword to Saber and let her kick Berserker's butt in a "flurry of swords".
Old 2006-04-23, 08:01   Link #158
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Did the Archer episode looks boring to you? He took out 5 of them ... They would only have 2 more extra life to taken care off.... distributed between 3 peoples .. the possibilities are endless.. of course it get boring if they just simply evade and slash -.-
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-04-23, 08:34   Link #159
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Each and every life Archer takes is not featured in ep.14, that was my point.

I find it better to end it quickly and get to something else.

Erf, gotta go and work those damned exams...
Old 2006-04-23, 08:57   Link #160
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto
Yea instead of one stab.. they could dragged it out for each life >.<
Please don't...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaoh
Well, I found ep.15 weird and not so good but ep.16 was very good IMO.
Indeed ep.15 is weird, that's why I like it. I was so sad when Archer died...(I am the bone of my sword--SOOOO COOL ARCHER I LOVE YOU!!!)

Last edited by iamandragon; 2006-04-23 at 09:22.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote