AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-02, 01:09   Link #41
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura_Y0h
Hahahahahahahahaha........ you're right... they do have alot of the same sets of clothing....... damn... I'm so absorbed into their characters that I hardly consider the fact that they wear the same thing day in and day out...

About Alphonse's voice.. i think its nice how he's childlike voice counters the intimidating look of the armour... but I still wonder if there's anyway that Alphonse can die
wonder how the voice actor did .. talking into a sea shell ? haha.. anyway possibility of his death is not high, but the only death he can have is thru alchemy, since his soul is bound by alchemy, he can be destoryed by alchemy, either his armour or his soul goes
Old 2004-01-02, 01:14   Link #42
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Two answers, neither one is really a spoiler:
  1. If Al's armor was to rust he'd just do a quick bit of alchemy and it would un-rust so let's not worry about it.
  2. Edward does not have alchemical circles on his auto-mail. It is something that he does himself. I won't say how he does it or why he can do it since that would be a spoiler, but stop assuming that he must have an inscribed circle. Besides, most of the time he doesn't need a circle simply because he has the watch. The watch which is his badge of office is an alchemical device that can take the place of a circle. It is only when the watch is taken from him that he does his special trick.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-01-02, 01:17   Link #43
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
But then again.... doesn't the watch not make much of a difference since he was able to do big alchemic reactions without it anyway? By the way..... you already know how he does his alchemic reactions? can I have the answer in spoiler form? I don't mind knowing
Old 2004-01-02, 01:30   Link #44
The Small One

Maybe Ed has some sort of circle in his body... maybe parts of his brain are formed like a cirle, or his bone structure...

And what is the problem with the characters wearing the same clothes? I also were the same clothes everyday, it's nothing illogical.
Old 2004-01-02, 01:40   Link #45
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
And what is the problem with the characters wearing the same clothes? I also were the same clothes everyday, it's nothing illogical.
I really hope you mean that you have a number of the same designed clothes to wear everyday and that you have no been wearing the same ie.. that one T-shirt for the past 3 months or something like that

the only thing that I can think of that people would wear everyday similarly would be a school uniform or any uniform for the matter.... on the subject of uniforms... i think that the national alchemist uniforms aren't as great as some other animations and has anyone also observed that edward doesn't wear the uniform although he's part of the military?
Old 2004-01-02, 01:51   Link #46
kamij0

Quote:
I really hope you mean that you have a number of the same designed clothes to wear everyday and that you have no been wearing the same ie.. that one T-shirt for the past 3 months or something like that

the only thing that I can think of that people would wear everyday similarly would be a school uniform or any uniform for the matter.... on the subject of uniforms... i think that the national alchemist uniforms aren't as great as some other animations and has anyone also observed that edward doesn't wear the uniform although he's part of the military?
no small size unfiorm for him !!
Old 2004-01-02, 01:52   Link #47
Metal.Alchemist

Send a message via AIM to Metal.Alchemist Send a message via MSN to Metal.Alchemist Send a message via Yahoo to Metal.Alchemist
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamij0
ahh, using the logic of most animations, the amour will not rust, just like the character's clothing, they got alot of same sets of clothing, the only thing i can think of alphonse now is his voice, i like his voice

with his voice it actually sounds like he's inside huge armor....and I know for a fact that Elric has a TMC on his metal arm, you see it in one of the 1st 3 eps i think,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 2004-01-02, 01:56   Link #48
bayoab

All of these things are explained if you read the manga. How he transmutes without a circle (ch 6), armor and bindings (i believe thats in ch 6/7 and 11).

The follwing isnt really a spoiler but ill put tags so nobody complains.
Spoiler:

The following are spoilers (increasing in level of spoilage as it goes on).
Spoiler:

Edit: fixed the first spoiler

Last edited by bayoab; 2004-01-02 at 09:30.
Old 2004-01-02, 02:32   Link #49
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
All of these things are explained if you read the manga. How he transmutes without a circle (ch 6), armor and bindings (i believe thats in ch 6/7 and 11).
The follwing isnt really a spoiler but ill put tags so nobody complains.
Spoiler:

The following are spoilers (increasing in level of spoilage as it goes on).
Spoiler:
That's really informative so in essence there really is no circle on ed's automail

About the uniform being too big for him... i think that's the most valid explanation hahahahaha..... funny but valid
Old 2004-01-02, 04:15   Link #50
cbm5

Quote:
That's really informative so in essence there really is no circle on ed's automail

About the uniform being too big for him... i think that's the most valid explanation hahahahaha..... funny but valid
Sometimes I halfway believe that his REAL goal in all this is to find the alchemy that will allow him to increase his own height.
Old 2004-01-02, 17:37   Link #51
Sarke

Yes... Speculating is bad... What you saw as a "circle" on his arm was likely something to do with how the automail works.... it's not like you can just take a slab of metal and put it on your arm and suddenly it works like an arm... there has to be some kind of alchemy behind it..... thats is prolly what keeps it goin.
Old 2004-01-02, 20:03   Link #52
YuuOminae
唯我独尊

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarke
Yes... Speculating is bad... What you saw as a "circle" on his arm was likely something to do with how the automail works.... it's not like you can just take a slab of metal and put it on your arm and suddenly it works like an arm... there has to be some kind of alchemy behind it..... thats is prolly what keeps it goin.
As far as the manga goes, automail has NOTHING to do with alchemy.
Simple as that.
Old 2004-01-02, 22:33   Link #53
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Sort of surprising that Al and Ed's voice actors are both females. They do a great job but I'm not surprosed that they weren't girls since females do lots of young male voices.

Yeah I found episode 13 hilarious ^-^

Another note I want Winly to appear again she is so kawaii
Old 2004-01-03, 22:28   Link #54
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Yeah.. the voices are both females but I think Ed's voice was even more surprising because its quite low for a female's voice... I wonder how old the person who did his voice is....

Anyway, the automail that Ed is wearing is connected to his nerves which is why it can work ....... although of course in real life connected nerves and powering something like that to work would be pretty impossible....
Old 2004-01-03, 22:32   Link #55
kamij0

Quote:
Yeah.. the voices are both females but I think Ed's voice was even more surprising because its quite low for a female's voice... I wonder how old the person who did his voice is....

Anyway, the automail that Ed is wearing is connected to his nerves which is why it can work ....... although of course in real life connected nerves and powering something like that to work would be pretty impossible....

i dun even think alchemy exists in the 1st place, does it ?
Old 2004-01-03, 22:37   Link #56
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamij0
i dun even think alchemy exists in the 1st place, does it ?
actually... it does but not in this form...
in the olden days it was called alchemy... the putting together of various elements to create something...... today.. its called chemistry and in the biological sense... genetical engineering
Old 2004-01-04, 13:47   Link #57
squall_14414

The Secret

Spoiler/Explanation ?!

Although they haven't openly put it, I believe that the secret is related to his metal arm. If you can remember in one of the episodes with the killer, Ed couldn't do any alchemy without the use of his metal arm. Moreover, the killer openly said that he didn't want to put himself in any kind of risk.

Question : [COLOR=Black] Is there going to be an episode this week?
Old 2004-01-04, 18:01   Link #58
YuuOminae
唯我独尊

Spoiler space

Spoiler:

There.

Last edited by YuuOminae; 2004-01-06 at 08:33.
Old 2004-01-04, 18:05   Link #59
corp20
Internet God

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall_14414
Spoiler/Explanation ?!

Although they haven't openly put it, I believe that the secret is related to his metal arm. If you can remember in one of the episodes with the killer, Ed couldn't do any alchemy without the use of his metal arm. Moreover, the killer openly said that he didn't want to put himself in any kind of risk.

Question : [COLOR=Black] Is there going to be an episode this week?
Whats the sound of one hand clapping? No one will ever know.......
Old 2004-01-06, 01:36   Link #60
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

I have a minor question.... is it Fullmetal Alchemist or Full Metal Alchemist..... I think I'm confusing the spelling with Full Metal Panic
Closed Thread