AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-03, 21:33   Link #19221
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

It's all about the resolve really. As Kamachi said Touma would probably lose to someone with an unshakable resolve.

Also that person must also be a sinner for denying the preachings of Kamijou!
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2012-08-03, 21:38   Link #19222
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

We're using the literal English meaning for 'deny', but does the original Japanese phrase mean the same thing?
Old 2012-08-03, 21:43   Link #19223
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

The summary could be interpreted in a variety of ways. It could mean an enemy who simply does not think that Kamijou Touma is 'Kamijou Touma'.

Something like: "You? Kamijou Touma? Don't make me laugh. You can't possibly be that guy." kind of way.

That'd be interesting, eh?
Old 2012-08-03, 21:49   Link #19224
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
We're using the literal English meaning for 'deny', but does the original Japanese phrase mean the same thing?
否定 Hitei, usually means "denial", can be taken as "repudiation". The complete line is 彼を全否定する , "Denying all of that" can be used. In it's context it could be an enemy that denies Kamijou's ordinary life [ 日常 ] which is mentioned in the previous sentence. It can be more things, since "are" [ 彼 ] is pretty broad.

I could twist the sentence into more meanings, but I doubt that most of them would be right..... I mean, I don't translate text for pretty good reasons
Old 2012-08-03, 21:54   Link #19225
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix91 View Post
The summary could be interpreted in a variety of ways. It could mean an enemy who simply does not think that Kamijou Touma is 'Kamijou Touma'.

Something like: "You? Kamijou Touma? Don't make me laugh. You can't possibly be that guy." kind of way.

That'd be interesting, eh?
Hm yeah that would definitely be interesting, and it would work with the Second Death thing

Or shit maybe saying he's not the first Touma(before the memory destruction)

Old 2012-08-03, 22:05   Link #19226
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
否定 Hitei, usually means "denial", can be taken as "repudiation". The complete line is 彼を全否定する , "Denying all of that" can be used. In it's context it could be an enemy that denies Kamijou's ordinary life [ 日常 ] which is mentioned in the previous sentence. It can be more things, since "are" [ 彼 ] is pretty broad.

I could twist the sentence into more meanings, but I doubt that most of them would be right..... I mean, I don't translate text for pretty good reasons
Hmmm... I'm going to go with Occam's razor on this one, past synopsis have been quite literal with no hidden meaning... A group of evil freshmen literally meant a group named [Freshmen]
Old 2012-08-03, 22:41   Link #19227
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ You mean someone who's named 否定

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
The easiest definition of an enemy that denies Touma is an enemy on which his ability to preaching isn't applicable (as in, someone that doesn't do questionable things from a moral point of view). After al the true form of Touma's battles is simply him pushing the enemy into them knowing that they are wrong.
it's either a madman/psychopath or Acqua lol
Old 2012-08-04, 06:13   Link #19228
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Well, I'm back from a wild two days...

I'll let js06 handle NT5 and BeginnerXP for SAO 11, btw, since I have exams from 22nd October. Honestly, I want NT5 to win this time...
Old 2012-08-04, 06:15   Link #19229
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Well, I'm back from a wild two days...
I always knew you were holding illegal mahou shoujo swingers parties... >.>
Quote:
I'll let js06 handle NT5 and BeginnerXP for SAO 11, btw, since I have exams from 22nd October. Honestly, I want NT5 to win this time...
Progressive vs Testament, who do you think would win ?
Old 2012-08-04, 06:28   Link #19230
tsunade666

SAO will be having a boost on sale thanks to crappy anime but still an anime so I wonder if it can manage to reach the sale wise of Index because individual wise in sale per volume how many SAO's sold vs the usual 220k per volume of Index?

A new enemy. The only thing I'm waiting for is for Gremlin to make an all out attack against Academy City. Specially the blond loli magi god that said she will go and take a visit on Aleister's lair like its some theme park.
Old 2012-08-04, 06:46   Link #19231
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
SAO will be having a boost on sale thanks to crappy anime but still an anime so I wonder if it can manage to reach the sale wise of Index because individual wise in sale per volume how many SAO's sold vs the usual 220k per volume of Index?
From what I recall, SAO usually matches Index in terms of sales per volume

But like Haganai from before, I don't think the Anime would increase the sales by much, plus Progressive is a reboot while Testament is new material...

Quote:
A new enemy. The only thing I'm waiting for is for Gremlin to make an all out attack against Academy City. Specially the blond loli magi god that said she will go and take a visit on Aleister's lair like its some theme park.
Personally I'm hoping this volume would at least allow for some R&R with proper exposition on the festival before any invasion.
Old 2012-08-04, 06:53   Link #19232
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I always knew you were holding illegal mahou shoujo swingers parties... >.>

Progressive vs Testament, who do you think would win ?
Dengeki Bunko.

Nah, I just got into a heated dispute with some people. Supposedly okay on my side, but I don't think they're going to leave their operations like this.

I think SAO will win though because of the anime.
Old 2012-08-04, 11:55   Link #19233
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Honestly, I want NT5 to win this time...
Good to hear. If you were to choose sailing in the other boat, I won't give it a chance; I'll try to torpedo it as much as I can

Quote:
Dengeki Bunko.

Nah, I just got into a heated dispute with some people. Supposedly okay on my side, but I don't think they're going to leave their operations like this.

I think SAO will win though because of the anime.
I had to admit that SAO has an exceptionally high edge due to the anime (the fact that Kajiura Yuki composes the soundtrack is something to note, however, while she's good the series she tend to compose for always tend to fall on my least liked lists for some reason), and that for the current time being most Index fans around the world are currently deprived of an Index volume until that time, and I can imagine a bit of the backlash that's going to happen.

Though, at this point I'm more interested in Kamachi's other works right now to care about Index. Eh, I still care about this series, but for now I'm more towards Kamachi-ism in itself.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2012-08-04, 13:36   Link #19234
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ you're not the only one who feel that way I assure you
Old 2012-08-04, 14:21   Link #19235
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

The answer is simple, put Mikoto on the cover(well she is in the summary)! That will ensure the sales! No! All the Misakas on the cover!! Even more with Touma in the middle off them, arms over Mikoto!

Old 2012-08-04, 14:31   Link #19236
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I do not want Misaka is used only for these reasons in history, although it is quite possible that, since the volume 3 and 4 have a difference of 50,000 copies. (Even the volume 4 has been recognized by many as the best in the NT)
Old 2012-08-04, 14:45   Link #19237
cleed

How long will Mikoto's interactions with Index be this time?
Old 2012-08-04, 18:47   Link #19238
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Good to hear. If you were to choose sailing in the other boat, I won't give it a chance; I'll try to torpedo it as much as I can
We Chinese have a saying that literally translate into "A foot in two boats".

I suppose that describes Teh_Ping in this 'conflict'

Quote:
and that for the current time being most Index fans around the world are currently deprived of an Index volume until that time, and I can imagine a bit of the backlash that's going to happen.
Haruhi was absent from the scene for 2 years and had a whooping 300k sales... New Testament being absent for seven months is probably going to be a good thing.

Quote:
Though, at this point I'm more interested in Kamachi's other works right now to care about Index. Eh, I still care about this series, but for now I'm more towards Kamachi-ism in itself.
Still not feeling Intelivillage yet though... But I am looking forward to Waltraute next month... If anything just to see Kamachi's version of Loki

With any luck, Heavy Object 7 would be in November just as Nostradamus predicted
Old 2012-08-04, 19:49   Link #19239
Breidaluk

So long not seeing this site and the discussion already progressed so far? Took some time to read everything.

Great news about NT5! More two months.

Regarding the question about the enemy that denies Touma I am confused too about that.

Anyway, about Touma's "precognition", Its is me or this can be a case of Savant Syndrome?

About Mikoto, she probably is still pissed because she only appeared in NT3 and was already left aside.
Old 2012-08-04, 21:10   Link #19240
tsunade666

I'm also looking forward for Index but I'm more looking forward for Heavy Object right now. Specially the translations for vol 4 and vol 6 which presents new generation Object.

Mikoto as a cover? nah I will probably won't be hype for it. Put the Pope, Vasillisa, Laura and Aleister in the cover. The 3 world powers of magic in the side and Aleister in up side down position above hovering and in the middle of it all a mischievous Blond Loli (marisa) Magic God Witch Othinus on it. That I WILL HYPE FOR.

The 3 magic organization owe Touma on the past world war or rather just like what Hamazura said the world owes him. its time they help him out and if the enemy is the magic god armed with undead or maybe immortal army (not sure if those undead are can be killed) and the other gods of Norse myth or rather the heavy hitters of gremlin hasn't shown up yet. And for all the amazing thing Index has shown. I still prefer Shana's war where many heavy hitters shows up, gather and participate in it and also someone dies.

Index's WW III death toll are cannon fodders only.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen