AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-03, 03:05   Link #1561
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoiler for Warm Bodies Zombie Romance movie:
Old 2013-02-03, 03:25   Link #1562
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionette Cherry View Post
Apparently calling someone out on being a casual because they said "This game is really hard because I wasn't paying attention" Makes me an elitist hardcore gamer.

Is that a compliment or an insult? Capcom unity can be pretty retarded.

I've never heard of a game that doesn't require attention =_=

DmC's demography right there.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 03:26   Link #1563
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Not sure if better love story than twilight.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 03:28   Link #1564
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

http://imgur.com/nAvkjXj

Ninja Theory - "It was just one big joke guys! We didn't mean that stuff"
Celestia Ludenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 03:34   Link #1565
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Not sure if better love story than twilight.
Hey at least with Twilight, you know it's ruined from the get go
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 03:38   Link #1566
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
http://imgur.com/nAvkjXj

Ninja Theory - "It was just one big joke guys! We didn't mean that stuff"
^
Like said hypocrites

YouTube
Old 2013-02-03, 10:26   Link #1567
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Am I the only one who feels physically ill after visiting the DMC forums of CU lately?
Old 2013-02-03, 10:38   Link #1568
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Am I the only one who feels physically ill after visiting the DMC forums of CU lately?
I keep telling myself don't go on that sub-forum again, yet there I am, arguing with retards who can't even defend their points without changing the subject slightly, one guy just now said in reply to me saying DmC sold like crap "You're ignorant to DMC4's crap sales" I said "But DMC4 still sold more than DmC in a week?"

There are no heroes left in man.
Old 2013-02-03, 10:56   Link #1569
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I was confused about their thoughts on angry joe review. He may have repeated a lot of forum pointed issues, and practically gave the people's opinion a reflection of his own, but isn't 7 of 10 enough? You question the man's integrity of giving the game a 7 of 10 when he rarely doles out even 6's. If DmC is a 9, where the heck do you score DMC3? A 12? A 20? Or are they implying DMC3 really is a weaker game than DmC? A 7 with DMC3 as thresh hold of 10 is actually pretty good. That 7 is in the favor of the pros but it feels like they aren't happy unless it's a 10 or something. Antis are giving it a downright 0 or something along those lines out of spite- Aaaaaarrggghhh!

^this is what capcom unity does to me.
Old 2013-02-03, 10:57   Link #1570
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionette Cherry View Post
I keep telling myself don't go on that sub-forum again, yet there I am, arguing with retards who can't even defend their points without changing the subject slightly, one guy just now said in reply to me saying DmC sold like crap "You're ignorant to DMC4's crap sales" I said "But DMC4 still sold more than DmC in a week?"

There are no heroes left in man.
That's what's funny about this whole issue. The game came out, we've seen the sales, and the backlash it received, and the defenders are running out of points to defend something pretty pointless. I don't know if they're just being trolls or just are being idiotic or immature to admit that the game failed, didn't live up to the series standards, and it was never asked for to begin with (direction wise).

Oh well, haters going to hate. Trollers want to troll.

Last edited by Kirito; 2013-02-03 at 11:07.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 11:11   Link #1571
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

The year is still young. Give it a month or heck even a couple of weeks and DmC will be shoved under the rug, it's already looking that way anyway, like you said even people who love the game are running out of ways to defend it. Once more games are out people will be saying in response to DmC "...Oh, that game, I remember that, what about it?"
Old 2013-02-03, 11:18   Link #1572
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
That's what's funny about this whole issue. The game came out, we've seen the sales, and the backlash it received, and the defenders are running out of points to defend something pretty pointless. I don't know if they're just being trolls or just are being idiotic or immature to admit that the game failed, didn't live up to the series standards, and it was never asked for to begin with (direction wise).

Oh well, haters going to hate. Trollers want to troll.
I know how this feels.
Maybe it's their first hack n slash game and they won't try previous games. I know people whose first FF was 13-2 LOL

We fans better not give up, and try to open their eyes and minds to try different games.
Old 2013-02-03, 11:53   Link #1573
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
I know how this feels.
Maybe it's their first hack n slash game and they won't try previous games. I know people whose first FF was 13-2 LOL

We fans better not give up, and try to open their eyes and minds to try different games.
I am going to say at this point it's not a maybe anymore. How many of the pro comments basically start with "this is my first DMC" or "I have no previous investment in the series or only played them once" and end with "It's an awesome game, best DMC" and "haters gonna hate" crap.

Hell just read the reviews claiming this game the best ever. Half of them barely ever played any of the past DMC past the normal difficulty and still act like they know anything about DMC.

The gaming press is biased beyond believe. Capcom PR covers the rest and new gamers could care less about DMC3/4. I mean when I read this kind of comments:

The original DMC's battle system feels a bit rusty and archaic
DMC was getting stale and needed a reboot
DmC feels like Bayonetta but better

I just want to bang my head against the wall.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 13:31   Link #1574
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
The original DMC's battle system feels a bit rusty and archaic
DMC was getting stale and needed a reboot
DmC feels like Bayonetta but better
I can response to the first 2 as "It's just your opinion, and I will respect that" but the last one should only get "fuck you" as a reply. And that comes from someone who doesn't like Bayonetta (the character).
Old 2013-02-03, 13:35   Link #1575
Aqua Knight

The main problem is that most of people overcompare DmC to DMC series. And because it's entirely different game with new setting/heroes/MC hair/etc., they label the game as shit.

The game itself is okay, yes, maybe not as cool and awesome as 3/4,but still good. Also DMC 3/4 were something new in the game industry and set standards for hack'n'slash games, so they are bound to seem better than everything else after.

Also, I don't understand people who say anything about DMC/DmC plot complexity. DMC is first of all a flashy cool hack'n'slash, not an engaging story. Moreover the DMC/DmC stories are good compared to other hack'n'slash games.
For story play KOTOR or Mass Effect. All DMC titles have same quality of story.

I equally liked all the games, no complaints.

Last edited by Aqua Knight; 2013-02-03 at 14:25.
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 14:06   Link #1576
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Also, I don't understand people who say anything about DMC/DmC plot complexity. DMC is first of all a flashy cool hack'n'slash, not an engaging story. Moreover the DmC story is good compared to other hack'n'slash games.
For story play KOTOR or Mass Effect. All DMC titles have same quality of story.
Except they kept hammering down on the fact that one of the things that make Ninja Theory so great is that they possess a great story-telling ability when it comes to their games.

I've finished the game yesterday and the story being what it is could actually be written by a 12 year old considering the dialog and badly implemented factors overall.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 14:26   Link #1577
Aqua Knight

Oops, my mistake I wanted to write DMC/DmC stories.
I personally think that DMC 3/4/DmC had same nearly same quality of the story, with DMC taking a slight lead ahead due to accent on rivalry b/w Vergil and Dante.
Old 2013-02-03, 14:40   Link #1578
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
The main problem is that most of people overcompare DmC to DMC series. And because it's entirely different game with new setting/heroes/MC hair/etc., they label the game as shit.

The game itself is okay, yes, maybe not as cool and awesome as 3/4,but still good. Also DMC 3/4 were something new in the game industry and set standards for hack'n'slash games, so they are bound to seem better than everything else after.
DmC is DMC. It doesn't get a free pass because it's a reboot or has a different setting nor should it. It is supposed to be a DMC. It is supposed to fix the faults of the original series while keeping the gameplay, making it better and on top making it more accessible. Problem is it doesn't make it better in a series where an iconic character and gameplay are the most important things. It brings nothing new to the table but takes things away. The fans have every right to compare them.

It doesn't matter if it's a good action game. It fails where it is important, being a good DMC. If DmC is a success it will replace OG DMC. No one wants that and no one asked for that in the first place.

DmC was created because they wanted to chase the God of War crowd. Only the GoW crowd doesn't want DMC. And DMC fans don't want GoW.

It also doesn't help that an arrogant developer, Capcom with PR bullshit and a hyperbolic and biased gaming press are throwing salt into the wounds of the already angry fans.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 15:04   Link #1579
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
DmC is DMC. It doesn't get a free pass because it's a reboot or has a different setting nor should it. It is supposed to be a DMC. It is supposed to fix the faults of the original series while keeping the gameplay, making it better and on top making it more accessible. Problem is it doesn't make it better in a series where an iconic character and gameplay are the most important things. It brings nothing new to the table but takes things away. The fans have every right to compare them.

It doesn't matter if it's a good action game. It fails where it is important, being a good DMC. If DmC is a success it will replace OG DMC. No one wants that and no one asked for that in the first place.

DmC was created because they wanted to chase the God of War crowd. Only the GoW crowd doesn't want DMC. And DMC fans don't want GoW.

It also doesn't help that an arrogant developer, Capcom with PR bullshit and a hyperbolic and biased gaming press are throwing salt into the wounds of the already angry fans.
That's what have been said siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiince that "MY NAME IS DONTE" trailer.
We're beating on a dead horse here, bro... I think that only fans can understand these feelings.
Old 2013-02-03, 18:09   Link #1580
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Aquila Broken
YouTube

2 Best Friends Play DmC, they just counter like Pro's and Anti's, reminds me of me and my friend who I always go to to play Xbox360 with, 'cause I don't have an Xbox 360, I got a PS3 and we joke all the time. lol

YouTube