AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 30 37.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 30.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 22.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 6.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.27%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.27%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-30, 05:57   Link #41
CWW
Lurker

Kaoru is more down to earth it seems whereas Haruka was living in her own world.

Ear biting is hhhhhnnnnnnnngggggggg.
Old 2010-07-30, 06:08   Link #42
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Hello Old Friend

For a pilot episode of this arc, it’s actually rather on par with the first one. It doesn’t have the punch and the appeal that Haruka did given her wilder and more eccentric personality, but as a representative of the girl you’ve known for much of your life, Kaoru’s pilot relates to me more than Haruka’s does. It feels more homely and down to earth, probably because it relies on the basic ideas of old friendships transforming into deeper ones rather than on something that’s more hyper and novel for the lead character.

Whether or not this arc can separate itself from the multitudes of other childhood romances remains to be seen, but at least from the first episode, it’s doing a pretty good job.

Also this:

Spoiler for Kinda large image:
Old 2010-07-30, 06:16   Link #43
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

A new girl, a new arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
I like Kaoru a little more than Morishima for a few following reasons.....for one Kaoru is much more mature than Morishima since she has a part time job at a restaurant. For two she is Tsundere a little. For three she has a wild style with her hair at some points in the episode and her eyes are so much more darker and mysterious. For fourth her blushing, her sudden violent but cute reactions and ear biting made her so much more different.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Also, if someone want to see something interesting - pause on the moment when Ayatsuji interrupts Kaoru... Pay special attention to her eyes... and before the smile you will see her eyes different than after the smile. They look bit freaky before smile. It gives a short glimpse to Ayatsuji's personality.

It is a very interesting and bit freaky thing that I noticed only on my second view of episode. iTs good too see that producers pay attention to such subtle things.
It's hard to see it, but after the fourth time watching it through, it happens very quickly. She goes from stern, strict look to welcoming within a second or two. I had this feeling since Haruka's arc that there is something up with Ayatsuji. It's going to be interesting to see what it is by the time we get to her story, which sadly won't be until much later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
It is much better than all 4 episodes of Haruka and watchers can feel closeness to Kaoru because we actually are shown of what she thinks while nothing like that was shown from Haruka's mind thats why Haruka looked so weird and sometimes even retarded.

Kaoru looks much more sensible. with some tsundere tendentious but it is not mean tsun like with Ayatsuji, so it is fine. And she has a very physical relationship to begin with so it won't see that rushed as with other girl's.
I definitely agree with you on that. Like I said above, Kaoru seems more firmly rooted to the ground than Haruka, and since both Kaoru and Junichi have been friends for three years, you can see how close they have become. You don't really see something at that level with Haruka, it almost feels forced or rushed. It would explain why I'm liking Kaoru's arc much more now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Also to add extra comment about the ED, i just love the piano tune at the opening of the theme. When i hear the tune, my mind suddenly flashed back to ARIA series (the series that had captured me with its great BGM and piano tunes). Its at that moment where i understood that its a song that i'm definitely gonna love for sure.
I'm with you here, I'm liking Kaoru's ending song better than Haruka's right now, especially when the words: "Just a friend / Such a friend / Only a friend," come up. It's that she's a friend to him, only a friend but has never gotten a chance to ever tell him how she feels about him. Maybe she'll get a chance by the fourth episode in her arc.
Old 2010-07-30, 07:11   Link #44
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

Did all of you notice that in a middle of any heroine's 'date' or 'meet' [currently Haruka and Kaoru], Junichi seems to always stumble upon Rihoko. Does the anime studio likes Rihoko?

I don't mind, though. Rihoko also cute in this ep when she put her finger under her lips. I hope somebody can make a GIF on that gesture.
Old 2010-07-30, 07:25   Link #45
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Probably is an event common to all routes in the original source material, I reckon.
Old 2010-07-30, 07:32   Link #46
Wrath88
Kissing...

And probably how her route will start, like she'll invite him along.
'Junichi, wanna come along?' or something like that.

This episode was quite nice, Kaoru gave off this friendly, welcoming feeling, and her shy reactions were rather nice to watch. The delusions were funny as well.
Old 2010-07-30, 07:38   Link #47
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The fact that she's an all around caring person is her second best trait. First is sexy messy hair, of course.
Don't forget the third which I said.....she is mature because of her part-time job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgwc View Post
I don't mind, though. Rihoko also cute in this ep when she put her finger under her lips. I hope somebody can make a GIF on that gesture.
You need to go see my BLOG and see somethings I do around....It's done already by me! Here=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/9d763dc7.gif
Also don't forget Sae.....they always show her with Miya, Junichi's sister. Which BTW I did not do but want to mention, gave off another cute laugh of hers.....it's really that.

Last edited by Francismeunier; 2010-07-30 at 07:53.
Old 2010-07-30, 08:09   Link #48
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Ah, this time it's not just Junichi doing the chasing? Interesting. It's fun to watch them together, and Kaoru has a cute side too. The ear biting was HOT (and yet she doesn't realise she wants him??)

Next week looks very promising.
Old 2010-07-30, 08:15   Link #49
Nerroth
NePoi!

One thing I noted was that, while I was expecting the new ED, the OP was changed, too; it now has Kaoru at the end, rather than Haruka.

Although, I probably should have seen it coming...
Old 2010-07-30, 08:35   Link #50
ueXia

Next week's episode preview looks fantastic.
Expect some hotness over 9000 people =p

Oh and I'll just give my two cents and predict that somehow the drama in this arc with involve the fact that Kaoru lives alone with her mother. So she "doesn't have the time" for stuff like love, because she has to work hard everyday.

Last edited by ueXia; 2010-07-30 at 08:45.
Old 2010-07-30, 09:13   Link #51
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
One thing I noted was that, while I was expecting the new ED, the OP was changed, too; it now has Kaoru at the end, rather than Haruka.

Although, I probably should have seen it coming...
Oh really. Nice! Have to see episode again to see this.
Old 2010-07-30, 09:15   Link #52
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

How awesome if this arc ended the same way it began - Kaoru waking him up with an earbite (in the timeskip of course).

I'd die of sweetness overload.
Old 2010-07-30, 11:04   Link #53
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well now, this was a very enjoyable "start". While the first arc left me with a few raised eyebrows, this episode did a very good job in bringing the show up a few notches on my watchlist. The familiarity and comedy duo potential from old buddies never gets old for me, and Kaoru's quirkiness meshed well with Junichi's deadpan retorts. This looks like it's promising to be a lot of quirky fun, in a more grounded way. Will be interesting to see who is the first one to make a move this time around, as Kaoru seems to be catching on pretty quickly with her feelings. Not sure if she will be able to fess up anytime soon ... hopefully she doesn't turn in to a semi tsundere in the process, would be a shame to see their entertaining dynamics stop. (I still don't get the hair craze though ...)
Old 2010-07-30, 12:38   Link #54
octoberasian
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
(I still don't get the hair craze though ...)
I shall direct you to this and maaaaybe, you'd understand why:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...46#post3166146
Old 2010-07-30, 13:04   Link #55
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

This was a very well paced introduction into Kaoru's arc it just flowed so much more smoothly then last arc, let's hope it can keep it up for 3 more episodes. l lol'ed at juni imagination....the second one was the best one >_>

and the best part or course is kaoru fighting with herself over what her true feelings might be for him......
Old 2010-07-30, 13:18   Link #56
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Finally saw it again......there are some more things I want to clear up....for example does anyone know the joke of this part and what it means in its literal sense=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/00f146d1.jpg
This tongue twister.....well the first kita kara kita kani guratan was easy but the other was annoying for me here=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/a976ccc7.jpg
it was harder but I had fun trying to say them
Finally a key aspect I did not notice since I only saw the RAW but it's this=>

should Junichi show his love as a sort of appreciation for what Kaoru did for him back during his failed date would be the final nail that would make them a couple. Already Kaoru was acting like she was married to Junichi in the beginning as a play....I think she would be as great as Morishima if better than her. BTW just got the full OP and it's amazing! Listening to it a lot!
Old 2010-07-30, 13:29   Link #57
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
I shall direct you to this and maaaaybe, you'd understand why:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...46#post3166146
I have seen all the related artwork, and it hasn't helped me any in understanding why people keep raving about the hair Not like it is bad looking or anything, but it doesn't look like the next religion either .... ah well, to each his own as they say.

Meanwhile, a freebie:
Old 2010-07-30, 13:36   Link #58
octoberasian
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
This tongue twister.....well the first kita kara kita kani guratan was easy but the other was annoying for me here=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/a976ccc7.jpg
it was harder but I had fun trying to say them
Yeah, I can only pronounce "kita kara kita kani guratan" very easily, but the second tongue-twister gets me. It's a little more difficult to pronounce and I often stumble at enokidake. XD

Obviously, Kaoru pronounces it better than me.
Old 2010-07-30, 13:39   Link #59
ueXia

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
Yeah, I can only pronounce "kita kara kita kani guratan" very easily, but the second tongue-twister gets me. It's a little more difficult to pronounce and I often stumble at enokidake. XD

Obviously, Kaoru pronounces it better than me.
It's actually very easy for us spanish talkers to repeat japanese tongue-twisters .. because romanization is pronounced the same for us

grrrr take that =p
Old 2010-07-30, 13:46   Link #60
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I have seen all the related artwork, and it hasn't helped me any in understanding why people keep raving about the hair Not like it is bad looking or anything, but it doesn't look like the next religion either .... ah well, to each his own as they say.
Yeah, I know what you're saying. I definitely think it's cute especially in the context of her personality, but it's sort of become a meme that exceeds its own significance (well, I guess all memes are like that). I guess it's partly just because the hairstyle is so unusual in anime; it's not a moe trait that people get to rave about all that often, I suppose.