AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-03-13, 20:42   Link #25801
Eratas123

They regenerate bullets!? How the hell has this not been reverse engineered by the army yet!? They have IS grade weapons already.

Side note - Looks like the novel is continuing
Old 2012-03-13, 21:01   Link #25802
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

As I said, the explanation is jut wonky and full of holes. How the hell they can regenerate bullets when they lack the power to fuel beam weapon and thruster indefinitely? That leaves to MST3K mantra, or alternatively, I.S. core are crucial to the weapon creation. The only times we saw I.S. grade weapon carried by human besides Chifuyu? The weapon is significantly nerfed.

Yeah, I heard it.
Old 2012-03-13, 21:05   Link #25803
Eratas123

Do you think the economy for things like weapons or armor were damaged by the IS?

Is it really possible to be scared of someone even if you didn't know why?
Old 2012-03-13, 21:06   Link #25804
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Military vehicles began to be refitted with I.S. grade weaponry as of V4 arc, those weapon are considerably tiny compared to it's scale and thus considered an advantage (contrary to media depiction, they always want their weapon as compact as possible).

I.S. grade material is used in various engineering application, what with their armor being 20 times stronger than steel. For example, a Car made this material is 45% lighter than their original size, and yet much, much more durable. Those materials are damn expensive initially, but after years of development, their price drop considerably (albeit still more expensive than normal material)

yes, that might be possible.
Old 2012-03-13, 21:31   Link #25805
Eratas123

So the economy improved?

How does this make sense?
Old 2012-03-13, 21:35   Link #25806
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The economy improved, slightly... after roughly 4.23 million people died in the ensuing chaos following the social shift. Japan's population growth? -1.5 %, nice job, Tabane.

Base instinct duh. Human posses the same instinct as animals, but those tend to be overshadowed by logic and compassion.
Old 2012-03-13, 21:45   Link #25807
Eratas123

.....why did so many people die? Did someone grab an IS and go rampaging for shits and giggles?

Side note - Do kids easily become attached to adults who help them?
Old 2012-03-13, 21:52   Link #25808
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

From top to bottom
1. Suicide
2. Shock
3. Riot
4. Murder

Not a single life is claimed by I.S. own hands, but their very existence was responsible for it. Roughly 35% Japanese men are disinterested in (quality) Romance and Sex, the numbers almost doubled after sudden social shift.

Yes, many kids are easily fooled by this, in fact.
Old 2012-03-13, 21:54   Link #25809
Eratas123

Why the hell were the reactions so drastic!? Did the government announce "All guys are now second class citizens" or something?
Old 2012-03-13, 22:07   Link #25810
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Anything but stated by Government, and boy they paid for it. So much that human welfare committee of United Nations indirectly said "What the hell"

Err, correction for what I wrote above, the 2009 "Love Plus" campaign was done to reduce the damage, with considerably success.

No more riot (or more proper: Ragequit) by men, suicide and murder returned to near-normal, nobody shocked by sudden feminism. Only a small fraction of women are totally egoistical bitch.

What's broken cannot be fixed though, men still treated like lowly peasant in several countries, Japan included.
Old 2012-03-13, 22:12   Link #25811
Eratas123

So how much was romance dampened because of the shift?
Old 2012-03-13, 22:29   Link #25812
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I changed several things in regard of Chapter 12, Dan explained to Ichika that unlike in Junior High, the girls in the high school are more prudes about... stuff. Not everyone like that, but a considerable fraction is.

Totally whipped boys are popular as boyfriend substitute, but kinda self explanatory. Meanwhile, those average joes with balls of steel (as Dan explained about himself) wasn't so lucky, however when they get a girl, they usually get the better one.

The only exception to this is popular and nice guy stereotype, the first got all the girls, the second often quickly got a decent one. (Alpha and Beta dynamic)

However, as per the statistic mentioned above, roughly 50-60% boys are celibate, which will cause a problem in the long run.
Old 2012-03-13, 22:39   Link #25813
Eratas123

Wait, why did the girls become prudes? I expected the guys to get more conservative, not the girls.
Old 2012-03-13, 22:52   Link #25814
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Okay, prude might be a bad word to describe.

As late teenager, they are less ignorant about social situation. Some fell to this trap and act high and mighty like Cecilia, or to a lesser extent, Rin and Ran. Sometimes for no reason at all. Some girls also saw guys as conquest or property, a turn off for most guys of course.

More casual girls are less problematic though, and Dan described amongst those casuals, a fraction often seek a manly men like him, the majority is going for the most popular guy, and the rest is often seeking for average nice guy.

Talk about genre savvy.
Old 2012-03-13, 22:56   Link #25815
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

*reads news*

DAAAAAAAAAARN YOU, IS!!

Ah well, that means I have even less leeway to write if the author gets his job back... Hopefully, he'd be less of an ass. And what's with ass-writers ruining canonicity these days? I mean, look at the horrid writing in The Old Republic and Mass Effect...

At the very least, Mists of Pandaria looks and sounds bad, but that just means it'll be better than anyone's expectations.

Dropping in to say hi and lurk again... Damn exams... Damn work...

EDIT:

Symphogear has a close parallel to a end-season powerup mechanic I dreamed up: Hyperalignment, where the pilot sync rate goes up and beyond reason, and pwns the shit out of everyone. To achieve this state, they have to sing.
Old 2012-03-13, 23:00   Link #25816
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Holy shit, even more idol-esque than before
Old 2012-03-13, 23:04   Link #25817
Eratas123

It's still fanfiction Let's just not contradict canon too much.
Old 2012-03-13, 23:08   Link #25818
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Long time no see.

@ Senpai - Do the IS have anything that can't be explained by science? I'm getting another idea.
Nothing, actually.

But you definitely do not want to hear the explanation. Also, Don't get the idea that Imagine Breaker can do anything to an IS, because it can't.
Old 2012-03-13, 23:23   Link #25819
Eratas123

I meant more like Tabane's hiding from science sidefor making a science and magic hybrid.
Old 2012-03-13, 23:39   Link #25820
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
I meant more like Tabane's hiding from science sidefor making a science and magic hybrid.
I think Academy City would at least know about String Theory.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest