duckroll
綺羅星★!

OH HELL YESSSSSS!!

http://product.bandaivisual.co.jp/we...m_no=BCXA-0016

Stranger -Mukoh Hadan-

Blu-ray Disc
April 11 2008
10290yen
1 x BD-50 (102 mins feature), 1 x BD-25 (73 mins extras)

Feature: TrueHD 5.1, LPCM 2.0
Extras: LPCM 2.0, DD2.0

Extra contents: Making of Stranger, TAF 2002 Pilot Film, Trailers, Cast Interviews, Special Key Frame Photography Feature, Storyboards (still images), Selected Storyboard and Key Frame comparisons (still images), Complete Screenplay Reproduction (still images), Design Works (still images).

Bonus: Full color 12 page booklet

First Press: Audio Commentaries on the feature disc. (Director, animation director, cast, music director, producer, etc)

http://product.bandaivisual.co.jp/we...m_no=BCBA-3046

April 11 2008
9240yen
2 x DVD9, 1 x DVD5

Same shit as the Blu-ray, not in HD duh, no TrueHD 5.1, just normal DD5.1. Same extras, they use 2 DVDs because presumably they can't fit the commentaries on the same feature disc so the movie is repeated on the second disc with audio commentaries instead of the normal audio track.

Includes the actual storyboard book, so if you want to actually have the book instead of reading it on the TV, get this one..... I guess.

http://product.bandaivisual.co.jp/we...m_no=BCBA-3047

April 11 2008
3990yen
1 x DVD9

Just the movie on DVD, no commentary or special features aside from the short cast interviews and trailers. For the BONES fan on a budget.

I KNOW WHICH ONE IM GETTTTTIONGGGGGGG WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 03:32   Link #82
SneakerPimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I KNOW WHICH ONE IM GETTTTTIONGGGGGGG WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
The one with the english subtitles?
SneakerPimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 03:39   Link #83
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPimp View Post
The one with the english subtitles?
I dunno, why would I need subs? :P
Old 2007-12-03, 03:49   Link #84
SneakerPimp

Quote:
I dunno, why would I need subs? :P
I hate you!
SneakerPimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 08:04   Link #85
wao
OK.

For something like Tekkon Kinkreet I'd have had no qualms in getting hte limited edition boxset (well more like I got it as a present...) but I'm not so sure about Stranger yet. I mean, I like my fighting anime but even with the trailer it just didn't excite me so much that I'd plonk 10k+ yen on a DVD (sure comes with a lot of stuff though, ooh...)

...That and I don't have a Blu-ray DVD reader I so would've loved to see TK in Blu-ray otherwise, but oh well.

Since there's no way I could preview the movie at a reasonable price any time soon (I'll send daily offerings to Cathay if they actually bring it here - or if I'm lucky, maybe in a few years it'll be shown at some arts festival...) I'll just wait to hear what you think about it duckroll
Old 2007-12-03, 08:16   Link #86
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Speaking of Cathay.... *cough*...... the new Eva movie has been rated NC-16 on MDA's film database.
Old 2008-04-13, 09:36   Link #87
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

So did anyone get this movie yet? How was it?

Edit: It's out at the usual place. I guess I'll find it myself later.

Last edited by Haohmaru; 2009-06-30 at 09:41.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 10:42   Link #88
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I hope everyone that pirates this gets banned.
Old 2008-04-13, 11:34   Link #89
wao
OK.

So... I presume it was an excellent film?
Old 2008-04-13, 13:28   Link #90
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Quote:
You can't blame people for downloading it. Not everyone is willing to buy a japanese audio only movie, just because it's a BONES flick. I'll think about getting the US release if it's good.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 14:25   Link #91
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Banned from where?

So, anyone watched the DVD yet? I'm looking forward to, so how about some general non-spoilery comments?
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 14:29   Link #92
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
You can't blame people for downloading it. Not everyone is willing to buy a japanese audio only movie, just because it's a BONES flick. I'll think about getting the US release if it's good.
Using the same logic, people can't be blamed for downloading any product. They can consider buying it.... if it's good. :P

When something is released commercially and gets pirated by people that consider themselves "fans" before some people that actually pay for it get to see it because of shipping, I have the right to be angry too. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
Banned from where?
From planet Earth hopefully.
Old 2008-04-13, 14:38   Link #93
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Using the same logic, people can't be blamed for downloading any product. They can consider buying it.... if it's good. :P
I am getting it as soon as it's released in North America or Europe. and you know it will, so BONES isn't loosing my part of the royalties.

But I am not planning to wait till that time and refrain from watching it if its available.

Quote:
When something is released commercially and gets pirated by people that consider themselves "fans" before some people that actually pay for it get to see it because of shipping, I have the right to be angry too. :P(
You can console yourself by repeating "I'm getting great extras. I'm getting great extras. I'm getting great extras" once in a while. Maybe the anger will pass.
Old 2008-04-13, 14:43   Link #94
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
You can console yourself by repeating "I'm getting great extras. I'm getting great extras. I'm getting great extras" once in a while. Maybe the anger will pass.
Well, hopefully it's not too much longer. And yeah I know there are lots of people that support BONES in the US domestically too, especially after Bebop. It's just that I kinda wish the first post after the home video release of a new movie isn't "WOO HOO DOWNLOAD!", but I guess that's expecting too much, lol.
Old 2008-04-13, 14:49   Link #95
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

I recently watched my DVD of Fullmetal Alchemist feature film and boy, is that release beautiful. It's probably the best packaged anime DVD released in Region 1, at least of the ones I touched.

So I'm somewhat encouraged by that in hope that the R1 release of Sword of the Stranger will have some of those extras as well.

Hopefully, Bandai Visual isn't going to release this title on their own.
Old 2008-04-13, 16:06   Link #96
Same_Shark

All I can say is, if you have a hard time understanding a lot of Japanese, the Chinese is gonna kill you.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 17:33   Link #97
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

LOL, so much Chinese in this movie. You Singaporeans are in luck!

The film is absolutely gorgeous. Forget the amazing fighting, the depiction of autumn weather, the auburns and greys and browns was very appealing, even touching. This was definitely one of BONES' more artistic productions.

And the dog was all sorts of awesome. Like a miniature Toboe, only with Kiba's ferocity. 8)
Old 2008-04-13, 17:47   Link #98
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I kept wondering why the guy was speaking in Chinese. Nice to know that I wasn't imagining that.

The fights were godly. The scenery wonderful. Love the music score.

I will buy this when it gets released in R1 so please don't wish that I will be banned from Earth, duckroll.

It's a Bandai Visual title. Since I want the Blu-ray version, I will only say "Pretty please Bandai Visual..."
Old 2008-04-13, 19:48   Link #99
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
It's a Bandai Visual title. Since I want the Blu-ray version, I will only say "Pretty please Bandai Visual..."
Even though Bandai Visual has distribution rights in Japan, it doesn't necessarily mean that Bandai Visual USA will get distribution rights in North America.

In fact, I'd rather that BV NOT release it in the U.S. They overcharge. $50 for four tv episodes? No, thanks.

But back to the movie.

Spoiler for screens:
Old 2008-04-13, 20:01   Link #100
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

It's pretty much a done deal with the existence of a USA branch, previous operating procedure, USA storefront and a Blu-ray release since BV is going the BR route. The only titles now that aren't a done deal are the Sunrise titles since those are Bandai Ent. USA titles usually in R1.

But we won't know for sure until the solicitation comes.

You can always pre-order and use online discounts to decrease the price or wait for a sale online to really reduce the price. That's how I could afford FREEDOM.

Tags
action, historical