AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 20 24.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 44.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 14.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.23%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.23%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.23%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-17, 12:20   Link #21
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Spoiler:

LOL what?

Last edited by LightningZERO; 2009-12-17 at 12:35.
Old 2009-12-17, 12:23   Link #22
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Reply:
Old 2009-12-17, 12:23   Link #23
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Spoiler:

LOL what?
Better put that in a spoiler tag.

But......yeah, I also burst out laughing when I read that. It can't be possible, so most likely it's a cliffhanger and we'll get to see what actually happened in the last episode.

News on the preview?
Old 2009-12-17, 12:46   Link #24
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
Spoiler for ep:
Spoiler for wudiwut:
Old 2009-12-17, 12:47   Link #25
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Spoiler for wudiwut:
I think they mean "cook," not "cock." We saw Hei in the episode 11 preview cooking after all, and it would make waaaaaaaaay more sense than.......you know...........
Old 2009-12-17, 13:10   Link #26
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I think they mean "cook," not "cock." We saw Hei in the episode 11 preview cooking after all, and it would make waaaaaaaaay more sense than.......you know...........
Ah, cooking. Forgot about that. All I saw was 'short shorts' and 'collarbones' and thought, '/a/'s going to have a field day with this'
Old 2009-12-17, 13:23   Link #27
PiggyBank
sneaky & suspicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
Spoiler for ep:

Spoiler for ep:
This freaks me out a little
Old 2009-12-17, 13:26   Link #28
Statonxyb
hrm

RC post is up on the site

On the Hazuki/Hei...

Spoiler for Last scene:
Old 2009-12-17, 14:03   Link #29
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This episode flew by, for me. I thought about ten minutes had passed and was shocked to realize it was almost over.

more bits of recap:

-- pre-OP: the blue-light Yin-thing seems to be killing contractors again. she is surrounded by contorted bodies of them in the flower-field.

-- Hei is cooking. Suou comes in, in short-shorts and a happy-face shirt and slightly blushing. she wants to help him make dumplings -- Russian version of nikuman -- and pushes him out of the way, telling him to go make the soup.
-- after eating, Hei goes off to do his own thing and slightly unwillingly agrees to return (he's off to find Yin). Suou realizes she has her own thing to do: find Shion
-- section three is closing in on "Dr. Pavlichenko's child." Genma and Misaki in an armored personnel carrier. Suou goes to aquarium area and finds Papa, who says a fake papa was the one that died. "Like me," she says. Papa is surprised and upset that she knows, and calls her mother "irresponsible, as always." Shion was a contractor from birth, with the ability to reproduce things. Suou wasn't there in Siberia until the meteor hit and Shion, lying on the ground there, called her name and recreated her, using his own memories. Papa filled in early memories from ME. the aquarium memory was "a gift" from Shion, says papa. "Not much of a gift," spits out Suou.
-- July realizes section three are coming (through the twins?) and leads them away. they encounter Genma in human form. Papa shoots at him and they escape. they are hiding in aquarium building when armored Genma comes after them. Suou faces him and shoots him a couple of times, but he tosses her aside, then picks her up when she tries to get rifle. finally she throws concrete dust in his eyes and shoots him in head.
-- Misaki meets Power Ranger Oreille, who guns down a contractor with what looks like a ray-gun version of the Yin-weapon. she tells Misaki they should get out of there, since that fleet of helicopters coming is the CIA.
-- Suou returns to Papa/Mao/July. Papa is bleeding badly and says he's just happy to have seen her again, and that she is the real Suou to him, then dies. July leads them away just before a revived Genma shows up, followed immediately by John Smith and the CIA. Smith stops Genma from smashing Dr. P with his granite fist, because they want to squeeze Dr.P's memories.
-- Hei has entered the gate and found Yin's empty prison/case. then he is attacked by Hazuki, and seems surpised and defenceless before her blade. end of ep.

post-ED:
-- Misaki comes upon Suou, July and Mao. they enter the underground chamber where Hei and Wei fought in season one...and find Oreille and the twins already there. Mao and Oreille used to be lovers. then Suou goes missing and the twins say they (Suou and Shion) are connected, and this is the gate, where anything can come true.
-- Suou enters the (recreated) aquarium viewing area and finds Shion on the ground by his wheelchair, apparently at least unconscious
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-12-17 at 14:53.
Old 2009-12-17, 17:33   Link #30
Rima-Chan
lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
-- Suou enters the (recreated) aquarium viewing area and finds Shion on the ground by his wheelchair, apparently at least unconscious
Why is Shion unconscious i wonder... :/ He was refered as Izanagi. If he dies than..Than what? And, if Yin is already on rampage
, it's already catastrophic enough. xD
Old 2009-12-17, 18:40   Link #31
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
some screen caps

Spoiler for screencaps:

Spoiler for picture:
Old 2009-12-17, 19:08   Link #32
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

puts on poker face

so............

Spoiler:
Old 2009-12-17, 19:27   Link #33
Statonxyb
hrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
puts on poker face

so............

Spoiler:
Hopefully they are low.
Old 2009-12-17, 20:05   Link #34
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

What a lame spacesuit... From the future?...

It was an OK episode... There were a few parts that felt like unintended comedy though.
Also... Don't tell me Suou's dad is just going to die like this...? By some random Contractor who will probably not ever be touched on for the rest of the series (AKA, 1 episode left)?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-12-17, 20:40   Link #35
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
No one said that....

Spoiler for They are back:
Old 2009-12-17, 21:05   Link #36
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statonxyb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
puts on poker face

so............

Spoiler:
Hopefully they are low.
Somebody's a hater.

Seriously though, she's gotten such little screentime that if they were to kill her off next episode......it would be like killing a nameless grunt. Which would slaughter the whole drama that they've been building up with her involvement in the plot. Hei hasn't even found her yet and there's still half a dozen other things to cover, so unless Bones is trying to shoot down this series.......

But I'm smelling...........a possible season 3. There's just so much left to do, and they only have one episode to do it? We have the Hei/Hazuki fight, explanation on Shion's plans, Oreille's plans, what is Section 3, Hei has to find Yin, and he needs to do whatever he's going to do about her, and then whatever happens to our characters afterwards. Way too much for one episode. Things would have to wrap up way too fast to finish in one episode and have a finale.

So we may have been wrong about the series length (as far as I know, an episode number still hasn't been officially announced) and/or

a) Bones is prepping for a season 3
b) This is going to be 13 or 14 episodes
c) A bunch of the stuff I listed actually isn't going to happen at all (like Oreille and section 3 won't be explained, stuff like that)
d) They really are trying to shoot down this series by making this happen too fast

Of course I'm perfecty open to pleasant surprises. I just haven't the slightest idea how they can properly fit all that's left into just a single episode. And besides, I prefer more DtB anyway.

Episode thoughts to come later.
Old 2009-12-17, 21:38   Link #37
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
c) A bunch of the stuff I listed actually isn't going to happen at all (like Oreille and section 3 won't be explained, stuff like that)
d) They really are trying to shoot down this series by making this happen too fast

Of course I'm perfecty open to pleasant surprises. I just haven't the slightest idea how they can properly fit all that's left into just a single episode. And besides, I prefer more DtB anyway.
^
I agree ;_;

Maybe this is somehow going to be a...well, what do you call it in english ? Ah, a teaser for the upcoming OVA. After this series end, you might end up wondering more about what happened during the time gap between the seasons...

And after you watch all the OVAs, you'll start wondering about what will happen in the future (season 3) BONES is trying to come up with such strategical marketting...perhaps ? But I think everyone here thinks the same Maybe some of the explanation that haven't been explained in this series will be implied in the upcoming OVA (implied because, it's a prequel and because of that, the event in season 2 shouldn't have happened yet.) But they're still going to have some mystery left in which I hope will be explained in season 3.....

i hope ;_;

Old 2009-12-17, 21:47   Link #38
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post

So we may have been wrong about the series length (as far as I know, an episode number still hasn't been officially announced) and/or

Episode thoughts to come later.
There's always the OVA route. End the series on a cliffhanger to be completed on the DVD/BD.

Or do a theatrical movie. That's what Eden of the East did.

Looking for the raws now...
Old 2009-12-17, 22:13   Link #39
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

I'll bite. I don't feel strongly about Suou one way or the other, but I thought she was cute in the kitchen scene. It warmed my heart.
Old 2009-12-17, 23:49   Link #40
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

But when did they go shopping for the change of clothes?

And get a load of that kitchen....in a safe house no less.

Her blushing when she saw Hei in the kitchen was too cute.