AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai character
Maebara Keiichi 146 38.32%
Ryuuguu Rena 181 47.51%
Sonozaki Mion 97 25.46%
Houjou Satoko 55 14.44%
Sonozaki Shion 90 23.62%
Furude Rika 188 49.34%
Hanyuu 141 37.01%
Akasaka Mamoru 57 14.96%
Ooishi Kuraudo 34 8.92%
Irie Kyousuke 30 7.87%
Tomitake Jirou 16 4.20%
Takano Miyo 76 19.95%
Other 15 3.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 381. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-05, 10:13   Link #21
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

i think all of the club members in higurashi have like above 150 IQ or sth, they all have incredible talents in different areas, cept rika well she is smart due to experience :P
Old 2008-01-08, 19:54   Link #22
angel.shade

I actually only care about keiichi at all when he goes batshit insane. He was effing awesome in Onikakushi-hen and Tatarigoroshi-hen. Every other arc he was just annoying as all hell. =/

Actually, all the characters just become that much more awesome when they go insane. The knife-wall-throat scene from Meakashi-hen is still the most metal thing I have seen in ages.
Old 2008-01-09, 09:04   Link #23
Mint Kashiro

I only voted for Mion, because I like her the most even over my second choice, Shion. Mion reminds me of a 'big sister' I've never had, despite her being younger than me at her current age. I'd have loved to have had a sibling like her, instead of having to be the strong one even now. |D She's the type who might've saved my sanity.
Old 2008-01-09, 13:45   Link #24
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01;
The I other I voted for was Gin-sama

I voted for Riiiikkkaaa! ^_^

Old 2008-01-09, 16:13   Link #25
Baka-yuki
Lucky Bibliomaniac

Send a message via AIM to Baka-yuki
I had to vote for Hanyu. She was just to moe throughout the season, and the ending in her darker form was amazing. And who could resist one of those "Auau~"s?

Forgot to vote for Rika as well. The balance between her 'child' and 'dark' self was great. Her more darker self showed the pain she had to suffer. The ending you couldnt help but feel relived for her.
Old 2008-01-09, 21:24   Link #26
angel.shade

Every time Rika went "dark" I get shivers up my spine. Rika is so effing metal.
Old 2008-01-10, 16:09   Link #27
Keiichi no Hibi
THIS. IS WHO I AM.

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi no Hibi
Man I hope I'm not the only one amazed at all the votes Miss did-nothing-important-in-kai-mc-take-everything-home-got and how many Miss failure-of-a-villain-with-tl;dr-backstory seems to have.

Er, hope this isn't against the rules or anything, but it's not like there's a "what characters you didn't like in kai" thread and I'm not attacking anyone so much as I'm wondering what they saw in the characters so... \(O_o)/
Old 2008-01-10, 16:48   Link #28
angel.shade

ten bux says everyone who voted for Takano did so due to either her black uniform or the fact that Miyoko as a child is so damn moe.

and do you even NEED to ask why rena gets votes? lawl.

fake edit: Rena was so much cooler when she was murderous and got those damn creepy cat's eyes.
Old 2008-01-11, 11:55   Link #29
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
ten bux says everyone who voted for Takano did so due to either her black uniform or the fact that Miyoko as a child is so damn moe.
I didn't vote for her for any of these reasons, so gimme the money.

And if Takano is a failure of a villain, Hanyuu is an utter failure of a goddess, since Takano beat her like 99 out of 100 times.

Old 2008-01-11, 13:48   Link #30
angel.shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
I didn't vote for her for any of these reasons, so gimme the money.
fail

every aspect of rika, from normal rika to moe rika to dark rika, is still > all. with psycho-shion as a close second (normal shion is kind of annoying though).
Old 2008-01-11, 14:03   Link #31
Echoes

Takano's an excellent villain, which is why she got (one of) my votes. There are plenty of characters that are a lot cuter than Takano's younger self in Higurashi, so that's definitely not one of the factors for me.
Old 2008-01-11, 14:09   Link #32
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
every aspect of rika, from normal rika to moe rika to dark rika, is still > all.
For me moe Rika was terribly annoying, especially when the I had enough info to understand just how fake her moe antics were.

Old 2008-01-11, 17:38   Link #33
angel.shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
For me moe Rika was terribly annoying, especially when the I had enough info to understand just how fake her moe antics were.
I liked the effect, especially during the end of Watanagashi-hen where Keiichi admits that he was in the storehouse to her, in a very oblique manner. Her conversation thread there, while in her "normal" voice, was highly amusing.

I especially like it when she flips from voice to voice all of the sudden, freaking you the hell out.

I don't really care for the "desu" though. Too much desu.
Old 2008-01-11, 22:41   Link #34
Captain Spyro
Captain of the Dragonfury

Send a message via ICQ to Captain Spyro Send a message via AIM to Captain Spyro Send a message via MSN to Captain Spyro Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Spyro
Rena - Still my ultimate favorite in Higurashi, despite her lack of screentime in Kai, compared to other characters. Intelligent and adorable, plus a mean hatchet wielder to boot.

Keiichi - Of course, the hero of Higurashi with no doubt the most interesting of personalities among the characters, IMO.

Shion - Not much screen time, but her loyalty to Satoko was just honorable and lovely.

Akasaka - Honorable and kick-ass. What more can you wish for?

Irie - His involvement with the Hinamizawa project was definitely one of the more interesting aspects of the series. I can definitely say Irie found an official fan.
Old 2008-01-12, 05:05   Link #35
SiRence~
(・ 3 ・)

I've voted for our heroes + Takano. I like every single club member, so I thought it would be mean to choose just 2 or 3 (just look at poor Satoko votes. T_T) But the one I most like is still Mion, for various reasons.
And why I voted for Takano ...? That's because I really like her (and her voice actress did an amazing job, especially in the last ep!) since she showed a lot of humanity in Matsuribayashi-hen (remember the scene on the phone, where she's kind of sorry to kill Tommy?) and her past is still very, very sad. And without her, Higurashi wouldn't be Higurashi ^^" since she's driving all charas in season 1 mad ..
Old 2008-01-12, 07:39   Link #36
angel.shade

Takano's voice actress was insanely good.
Old 2008-01-12, 07:43   Link #37
gaguri

Shion and Rena would have easily scored my vote in season 1, but only Rika and Takano deserve to be the characters of the second season in my book, because the rest sadly didn't get enough spotlight. Shion and Rena however, are still my favourite characters of the story.
Old 2008-01-23, 19:39   Link #38
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Hanyuu is and will always be my favorite Higurashi character, at first it was Rika since she was the cute and innocent one... or so it seemed at least, but when I found out about her ability to remember past worlds I still favored her over the others and was excited to see her do stuff that was rather mysterious. >=3

But then Hanyuu came into the picture, at the beggining of the 2nd season I was a Rika/Hanyuu fan... but by the middle or beggining of minagoroshi-hen Hanyuu just stole my heart! >w< She's so adorable and I can actually relate to her character more than any other character in this anime, Rika is still my second favorite but Hanyuu is first. Also her "Nanodesu" song just flat out rocks! X3 And when her eyes changed color and her serious voice kicked in, it just made me love her even more... she's just an amazing character in my opinion. ^_^

I also adore Miyoko... and her adult form, Takano too. And Rika's mom was pretty awesome even though she had a super small part... and ummm... well the part with Satoko just touched my heart I was rooting for her all the way! Stupid uncle of hers is too mean... and Satoshi is cool too and ummm... well if I keep going I'm going to end up listing the whole cast. X3

My favorites are Hanyuu, Rika, and Takano... and Akasaka was just amazing especially in that one part... you should all know what I'm talking about. X3 His first name definitely suits him. ^^

Though I wasn't reading carefully and I only voted for Hanyuu... meh oh well. ^^;

Old 2008-01-30, 15:55   Link #39
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
The I other I voted for was Gin-sama
Where did she show up?
Old 2008-01-30, 16:12   Link #40
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
Where did she show up?
Nomura is voiced by the same voice actress that portrayed Suigintou. We first hear from her in the preview for episode 11, where she sends a question to Dark Rika about whether the latter is still receiving a pension. However she doesn't appear in person until episode 17.
Closed Thread