AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-12-07, 00:46   Link #2301
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Does anyone know where i can find a decent English Romanji translator?
(romanji is where its spelled out with english characters right?)
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 17:07   Link #2302
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
Does anyone know where i can find a decent English Romanji translator?
(romanji is where its spelled out with english characters right?)
This ones pretty decent http://suteki.nu/translator/
Old 2008-12-08, 23:20   Link #2303
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
You can try this one.

http://freedict.com/onldict/jap.html

Though it's not the best, but just give it a try.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 00:18   Link #2304
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Thanks guys. I owe Geta Boshi rep later.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 00:58   Link #2305
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

old movie i saw a long time ago, been struck in my head trying to remember.

it was one of those late 70s/early 80s sword and sorcery movies.

after his country was invaded, the prince of the defeated kingdom ad 1 retiner manage to get away. The prince doesn't have a magic sword but does have a magic Bow with some kind of red gem in the middle. The bow never runs out of arrows as a hawk in the sky would drop a feather onto the ground and batch of arrows would appear.

he is also aided by a sorcerous he piss off at the start of the movie and they are looking for a the help of a powerful wizard.

if i remember correctly the villian never talks just chase around the hero and his merry band.

also there is no ending as hero manage to get away form the main villian but the villian is after him.
Old 2008-12-09, 05:55   Link #2306
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
old movie i saw a long time ago, been struck in my head trying to remember.

it was one of those late 70s/early 80s sword and sorcery movies.

after his country was invaded, the prince of the defeated kingdom ad 1 retiner manage to get away. The prince doesn't have a magic sword but does have a magic Bow with some kind of red gem in the middle. The bow never runs out of arrows as a hawk in the sky would drop a feather onto the ground and batch of arrows would appear.

he is also aided by a sorcerous he piss off at the start of the movie and they are looking for a the help of a powerful wizard.

if i remember correctly the villian never talks just chase around the hero and his merry band.

also there is no ending as hero manage to get away form the main villian but the villian is after him.
I know that movie too but I do not remember the name but the story was a little bit different.
The "sorcerer" was the bow master and the "prince" was the next one who should get the bow.
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 13:21   Link #2307
4F0ur

lol the tag of this thread is Fag?
anyways i have a question please answer them for me i you can.
there was a RPG game i played 10years ago(PC) i believe it was made in Japan and i played it in Chinese translation, and by the graphic it looked like super nintendo level technology
and i think it wasnt that popular so its not on console.

okay the game in Chinese was called Tien(sky) Ching(clear) zwan(sequel)
and the game file was called 'Sky'
when the game starts... the Main character and his friend( A cat with many tails or 2 tails i forgot)
was in a hot spring outside in a winter setting.
and 1 guy runs by..with 3 Bad guys chasing him.. 1 with Kiba type of look and a scar from his side chin to almost his eyes. and the rest 2 are just ninjas with masked faces.

so the main character and the cat friend help the guys running and defeat the bad guys.(kiba looking guy ran away) and the guy died of injure. Lastly the main characters go on the journey to finish the dead guys last wish, the journey starts from there.

the fighting program is kinda unique, its like normal oldschool RPG that you get your turns to attack. but the interesting part is that once u decided on whos attacking who..they all go attack together. and run almost 2 screen wide distance toward the monsters to attack them.

so yea..i've been looking for this game for like a few years now.. and i couldnt find it. so i guess its pretty much hopeless.. but i just want to put this out there..so that i atleast have a chance to find it lol who knows .. =\

credit to necrodeath...
4F0ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 13:24   Link #2308
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4F0ur View Post
the tag of this thread is Fag?
No, that is just your imagination.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 19:41   Link #2309
james0246

Now that America is officially going digital, will the term "broadcast" still be applicable, considering the fact that there will no longer be (extensive) analog broadcasts anymore? Or, am I mistaken, and "broadcast" can be used for digital media services?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 19:46   Link #2310
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Now that America is officially going digital, will the term "broadcast" still be applicable, considering the fact that there will no longer be (extensive) analog broadcasts anymore? Or, am I mistaken, and "broadcast" can be used for digital media services?
If something is sent via the airwaves its broadcasted, there is no difference in term used for analog or digital singles sent through the airwaves. Perhaps when everything is supplied off the net directly then it will become antiquated but broadcasting it to the net might keep it going in future times.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 22:36   Link #2311
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

"going digital" simply means that the television broadcast stations are using a form of "pulse coded modulation" encoded into the carrier wave instead of depending on amplitude or frequency modulation for information component of the signal.

In practical terms this means that people will either get a *great* display using their antenna reception or no picture at all (there's a small inbetween where lossy signal creates entertaining smears of pixels on the screen before the tv decides to stop trying).

It has absolutely nothing to do with cable or satellite sourced television. A great deal of the USA still gets its primary television reception "over the airwaves" (i.e. NOT Comcast and NOT Directv). Until there is FIOS to every household - this is unlikely to change.

The hubhub is because many people still own televisions that only have an analog signal decoder ("tuner") in their televisions.... so they either need to buy a new television that has a digital signal decoder (and they usually have a legacy analog tuner) ...OR... buy one of those set top appliances that will connect to the old antenna and convert the signal into an analog signal that is sent to the old tv.

The latter solution being a bit of plumber's nightmare duct tape to extend the life of existing home VCRs and TVs.
Old 2008-12-17, 14:05   Link #2312
amjzz

Another silly question...

I keep hearing that touhou is a great game and all...so i decided to play it....but there are so many....which one will be the best to start with for someone that knows nothing about the game/story?
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 17:01   Link #2313
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
My cousin is a touhou fanatic so i know a bit about them.

I've played only the newer window versions of them with the bullet hell thingy. And i've tried about 3 of them. If you're not looking for the storyline part of the game, it almost don't matter which you play. But if you're looking for the story too then you can follow the wiki article about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touhou_Project

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 00:01   Link #2314
ZippyDSM

Trying to do some research over battle suit designs, iczer one some soem deisngs I like for this character I am working on

http://www.anime-int.com/works/iczer.../releases.html
2nd one in blue and black.

Anyone care to point to to shows or manga with like designs, practicality the tight jumpsuit with the armored bikini is the style I am trying to define for this character but I need more visuals before I can put the description into better words.

Got my main character started up after a couple more pictures I'll start refining the details more as I can only think of so much, seeing it really helps me figuring out where I want to take it..and no I did not draw that if I could draw it I would not be a hack :P
Old 2008-12-19, 09:33   Link #2315
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
If you're not looking for the storyline part of the game, it almost don't matter which you play.

I... wouldn't say so at all. Each game has a very different scoring system which ultimately changes your whole gameplay experience. I couldn't care less about the storyline, really.

Me, I'd start with Touhou 7 (Perfect Cherry Blossom), which is the first one that got really interesting. My favorite is still Touhou 8.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 23:51   Link #2316
iLney

Merry Christmas! (confound "Happy holiday")

Anyway, can anyone tell me what exactly this phrase means "... sentiment replaced sentimentality....." (the topic is Chopin's music with the interpretations of Rubinstein).

I would really appreciate it
iLney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 04:26   Link #2317
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLney View Post
Merry Christmas! (confound "Happy holiday")

Anyway, can anyone tell me what exactly this phrase means "... sentiment replaced sentimentality....." (the topic is Chopin's music with the interpretations of Rubinstein).

That would be a good thing. Sentimentality refers to the simplistic and kitschy feelings of niceness conveyed by Hallmark greeting cards and Disney Movies. Sentiment refers to strong and genuine feelings of honestly caring about something.

I've previously only seen that sentence in reverse, commenting about something's banality by saying "Sentimentality has replaced sentiment."

Have a confounded Happy Holiday!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 11:43   Link #2318
iLney

But how can you tell when listening to a piece of musical work?

If sentimentality is prevalent, then it will invoke some sentiments in its audience. If sentiment dominates the piece, must the audience also be in sync in order to feel it, which obviously creates the same effect as sentimentality's?
iLney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 11:53   Link #2319
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLney View Post
But how can you tell when listening to a piece of musical work?

If sentimentality is prevalent, then it will invoke some sentiments in its audience. If sentiment dominates the piece, must the audience also be in sync in order to feel it, which obviously creates the same effect as sentimentality's?
Reminds me of good anime intros and outos, when the sentiment/feeling of the piece is portrayed through the visuals it transcends itself, the same if feelings of the piece are felt by the listeners. Since feelings are not always shared or equal its hard to do in a defined or standardized manner.
Old 2008-12-24, 18:48   Link #2320
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Rather Silly Q : Are we being trolled the views have been increasing rather greatly . General chat 185 views ? Or is it usual lurker ratio and I proceed to wear the dunce hat and sit in a corner

Tags
problem, q&a, serious