AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Monster

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-31, 16:17   Link #1
avmoghe

Episode 16 - Wolf's confession

Its out Soldats is doing its excellent job.

These last two episodes have had a crapload of information... just like the first seven episodes of the series.

I am now beginning to see what the manga readers meant when they said its going to be confusing for anime viewers to keep up due to the one week breaks between episodes. Its not too confusing yet, but I imagine its going to get there since we are only done with about a fifth of the series.

Here are my ratings so far for anyone who cares:

A/A+ = 1-7, 15, 16. Absolutely no complaints.

B = 9, 10, 11, 12, 14. Had a little bit of plot information, but also delved into characters who may or may not be important to the story. If they are, I'll change my rating to an A.

D = 8, 13. Episode 8 was just plain bad I thought. Episode 13 may seem like one of the episodes I rated 'B', but I'm quite sure it was just a filler. I doubt any of the people from that village are ever going to show up again. An episode showing Tenma's skill saving people... something which we have seen many many times. If these people do become important, I'll eat my words.

Either way, can't wait for episode 17 - Reunion

Last edited by avmoghe; 2004-07-31 at 22:39.
Old 2004-07-31, 22:31   Link #2
Jpizzle
kawaii.. I guess

2nd soldats doing a good job.

I agee, for the most part, on your grading of the episodes so far. For a while there.. I was starting to get disapointed with the series.. seemed like random, boring filler for a few episodes. But these past 2-3? episodes have been great. Adding more to the plot and also setting up new potential storylines for future episodes.

I also am waiting to be "confused" by the anime.. it's really not that hard to follow... yet (I haven't read the manga).

Monster is turning out to be quite good though and I'm surprised that there aren't too many people who post about it in this forum.. unlike FMA or naruto. (Although compared to the last few episodes of FMA.. I don't blame people.. shit has been tight)
Old 2004-07-31, 22:41   Link #3
avmoghe

Lol.. realized I made a mistake.. I meant to say "I am NOW beginning to see blah blah".. instead of "I am not beginning..."

Of course it isn't too complicated yet, what I meant to say was that the manga readers were right.. it is going to get really hard to keep track of the characters.

Agreed whole-hearted on fullmetal alchemist... last 2 episodes were best ones since episode 25. They reminded me why I love the show despite its lapses into filler.
Old 2004-08-01, 03:21   Link #4
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmoghe
Its out Soldats is doing its excellent job.

These last two episodes have had a crapload of information... just like the first seven episodes of the series.

I am now beginning to see what the manga readers meant when they said its going to be confusing for anime viewers to keep up due to the one week breaks between episodes. Its not too confusing yet, but I imagine its going to get there since we are only done with about a fifth of the series.

Here are my ratings so far for anyone who cares:

A/A+ = 1-7, 15, 16. Absolutely no complaints.

B = 9, 10, 11, 12, 14. Had a little bit of plot information, but also delved into characters who may or may not be important to the story. If they are, I'll change my rating to an A.

D = 8, 13. Episode 8 was just plain bad I thought. Episode 13 may seem like one of the episodes I rated 'B', but I'm quite sure it was just a filler. I doubt any of the people from that village are ever going to show up again. An episode showing Tenma's skill saving people... something which we have seen many many times. If these people do become important, I'll eat my words.

Either way, can't wait for episode 17 - Reunion
I think Monster is not hard to follow at all. In fact the only anime that I have trouble following is FMA, but the author of this anime is a master at story telling
Old 2004-08-02, 16:46   Link #5
Shenlong

I predicted much pain for the midget and friends and I was right
Old 2004-08-02, 17:49   Link #6
Psi

Hmmmm.... I thought Wolf was going to end up being evil because he was associated with the crazy racist guys, but I got the impression that he was just another one of Johan's innocent victims. If Wolf saved Johan and his sister why did Johan kill everyone who knew him? And why did he keep him alive? Strange....

Next ep looks exciting. Fire, disaster, big confrontations....
Old 2004-08-02, 18:13   Link #7
Fragz

Another great episode. I'm glad they toned down the whole nazi thing a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi
Hmmmm.... I thought Wolf was going to end up being evil because he was associated with the crazy racist guys, but I got the impression that he was just another one of Johan's innocent victims. If Wolf saved Johan and his sister why did Johan kill everyone who knew him? And why did he keep him alive? Strange....

Johan doesn't kill people that saved his life

btw, Nina
Old 2004-08-03, 02:03   Link #8
dajoro

Does anyone know what kind of gun Nina has in episode 16? It seems
to have 4 holes at the end of the barrel. Could it be some kind of taser instead?
Old 2004-08-03, 23:05   Link #9
Ducati_nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajoro
Does anyone know what kind of gun Nina has in episode 16? It seems
to have 4 holes at the end of the barrel. Could it be some kind of taser instead?
I'm not a gun expert, but it's a 4 barreled derringer. It is most definately a handgun and not a taser. It looks like a COP derringer.

Spoiler for COP derringer pic:

Last edited by Ducati_nut; 2004-08-03 at 23:25.
Old 2004-08-05, 16:07   Link #10
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

The whole Nazi business caught me by surprise, but it actually made some degree of sense (which was equally surprising).

While I really don't think Wolf is innocent, per se, he may be less despicable than Baby and his other associates. *shrugs* We'll see, I guess.
Old 2004-08-11, 13:28   Link #11
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
I love this episode too! as I thought, Johan is in no way leading nazis, he just want to kill like the maniac he is ^_^ but did he killed Baby? we dont see hes body... or am I wrong? If so I'll be disappointed...I wanted a gruesome death a la elfen lied for that bastard

And the scene when Dieter drinks is very cool, how he shut everyone up by drinking the whole glass... I love this series so much!
Old 2004-08-11, 14:58   Link #12
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
And the scene when Dieter drinks is very cool, how he shut everyone up by drinking the whole glass...
Haha, no kidding. That alone made me love him.
Old 2004-08-12, 02:41   Link #13
midnightsun337

YES, I want to see a horrible death for "the baby" too... no one messes with Dr. Tenma! He'll make you bleed after Radiosurgery for Cerebral Arteriovenous Malformations (neurosurgery )
Old 2004-08-12, 18:35   Link #14
Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi

Jphan prob kept Wolf alive to make him suffer than actually killing him. Having everybody you knew well killed and your the only one left is probably harder on him than to die
Old 2004-08-13, 02:39   Link #15
raspberihevn

Send a message via AIM to raspberihevn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpizzle
2nd soldats doing a good job.

Monster is turning out to be quite good though and I'm surprised that there aren't too many people who post about it in this forum.. unlike FMA or naruto. (Although compared to the last few episodes of FMA.. I don't blame people.. shit has been tight)
~hmm~
Well I think it's because most of us have read the manga. I have only seen Monster ep1. I plan on watching only the first and the last episode. Unless someone changes my opinion otherwise..
Such as great songs? Great voice actors? Killer suspense? I'll take any of those into consideration.
Closed Thread