AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-08-19, 18:01   Link #2281
Soraya21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
It's not new, it happened in the chapter when Rito and Yui where taking shelter in the playground from the rain.
I know the flashbacks on page 16 aren't new, I was simply talking about the one with Yami, which I'm fairly sure didn't happen until this chapter seeing as how the two having heart-to-heart chats with each other began only recently.

Quote:
She's had more than enough interaction with him, as evidenced by all those instances that she recalled. Yui knows what Rito is truly like, unlike Haruna (who proves even further that she's dragging the series down, get a clue already).
It's probably just personal preferences then. I know that Rito/Yui isn't needed in order to have an enjoyable chapter, so maybe it was just Yui interacting with Haruna that came across as lacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Chopping her out entirely would be a terrible idea both due to fan reaction (she has her fans, and unlike what this forum would generally tell you, she is by no means universally hated) and in-manga, because then they'd have to deal with Rito's love for Haruna, without Haruna. If he gets over her dissappearence too quickly, it comes off as a huge blunder.
Pretty much agree. It's just bad storytelling if she was abruptly dropped from the manga without any clear resolution to the whole love triangle/now a rectangle/heading swiftly into happy-happy, joy-joy polygamy story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Using a character's first reaction to groping as a method of measuring how much one person understands another might be the dumbest thing I've seen in a while.
Quoted simply for being LOL worthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm not so sure about that. Yui's mom looked quite cute in that little flashback, and keep in mind that was after giving birth to two children. It's possible she was a major hottie back when she was Yui's age.
Oh no, I definitely agree that Yui likely gets her good looks from her mom. It's just that Yui's mom has a body type closer to Haruna's rather than her own daughter's.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 18:27   Link #2282
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
... Because she's getting basically no screentime in this new series, and thus there is no way for her character to grow? So far, she's only appeared for some quick fanservice and to serve as Yui's foil in this chapter.
Yami's reformation happened practically overnight. Haruna's been in love with Rito since the beginning, she could learn to exert some self-control by now.

Quote:
she's hit Rito quite a few times when he groped her - just like Yami and Yui did.
And what bothers me is she continues to do it.

Quote:
Furthermore, unlike Yami, she doesn't hit him on purpose - As Ashaman said, it's just an automatic reaction. Although you could argue that if that's truly the case, then she should hit Risa as well. Err, let's just say she can instinctively tell when it's a woman doing the groping
Still, she's clearly not doing it on purpose.
It would help if she was at least apologetic about it. Rito doesn't get into these situations on purposes, yet he apologizes anyway. Haruna could afford to offer the same consideration.

Quote:
It's perfectly fine to dislike her (I don't like her that much myself, she's my least favorite along with Nana in fact), but I don't think she's done anything that warrants the sheer hatred she's getting in this thread.
My beef with her stems from the fact that she's the one who's shown the least growth out of all the main characters, and she's indirectly stunting Rito's development with the harem. It would be awesome if Yabuki and Hasemi can turn it around and make her look useful like she was before, so I'm hoping that can happen soon.
Old 2011-08-19, 19:30   Link #2283
TakezoMusashi

Quote:
It would help if she was at least apologetic about it. Rito doesn't get into these situations on purposes, yet he apologizes anyway. Haruna could afford to offer the same consideration.
All of the girls should apoligize after they hit Rito.
Even if its not his fault, most of the girls will smack him and go about there business.
TakezoMusashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 19:37   Link #2284
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakezoMusashi View Post
Even if its not his fault, most of the girls will smack him and go about there business.
Hey rito will have his revenge when he will smack their faces with his *little king* in harem ending, and I don't think girls will mind ...
But we can throw out haruna, dunno let her marry that alien prince who wanted to marry her or something.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 20:24   Link #2285
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soraya21 View Post
I know the flashbacks on page 16 aren't new, I was simply talking about the one with Yami, which I'm fairly sure didn't happen until this chapter seeing as how the two having heart-to-heart chats with each other began only recently.
Yeah... but they talked to each other in volume 13 of the original manga, first chapter. I think it was just Yami being curious at that time.
Old 2011-08-19, 22:59   Link #2286
TakezoMusashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Hey rito will have his revenge when he will smack their faces with his *little king* in harem ending, and I don't think girls will mind ...
But we can throw out haruna, dunno let her marry that alien prince who wanted to marry her or something.
I'm sure he'll apoligize for that too.
TakezoMusashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 04:19   Link #2287
Miraluka
Banned

Even if Rito manages to keep them quiet on the harem ending, how will he handle them when the issue of "who will give birth to the heir?" comes? O_o
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 04:27   Link #2288
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

10.5 special.

OMG!!! My jaw dropped when Yui was naked on the 2nd and 3rd page. *massive nosebleed*

Risa's imagination was fun ecchi filed as well.

Man this is why I love TLR.
Old 2011-08-20, 04:36   Link #2289
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
OMG!!! My jaw dropped when Yui was naked on the 2nd and 3rd page. *massive nosebleed*
I'm more for that arse pose on page 5. Yui looks damn good in those jeans.
Old 2011-08-20, 04:59   Link #2290
Marty17
Like What You Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakezoMusashi View Post
Totally agree with you there
Old 2011-08-20, 05:07   Link #2291
Used Can

You know, I think this chapter showed Yui and Haruna will definitely be tough nuts to crack for Momo. When Risa mentioned Rito making a pass at her, they didn't really like it. Yui's fantasy seems is clearly a normal, monogamous family and I'm sure Haruna is the same.

Having them agree to the harem plan, I'm sure, it's going to be hard. I'm wondering also about Yami. She may be an alien, but we know her upbringing was basically that of a killer and she's just barely started to pay attention to her emotions. She's also said she doesn't like perverted things - although, as we've seen, she's finally started to take an interest in romance as evidenced in that love story she was reading; so, her stand of perversion may change. Still, we don't know what's her idea on polygamous relationships.
Old 2011-08-20, 06:05   Link #2292
kagato3

After seeing 10.5 I have to disagre with the people saying that Haruna belived Risa. Her reaction is not the reaction you would expect of her if that was the case she would be more depressed. What it is is the exact same reaction Rito gets when he goes into echi overload do to him doing an image spot of one of the girls. Given how close Haruna and Rito's personalities are I think her mind got stuck in the gutter just long enuff for Yui to defend him first. Hell the whole image spot might have been Haruna's. Not even getting in to how well she knows Rito, which has been shown quite a few times in the past, Haruna knows Risa well enuff to take anything she says with a grain of salt the size of an SUV.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 07:41   Link #2293
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Even if Rito manages to keep them quiet on the harem ending, how will he handle them when the issue of "who will give birth to the heir?" comes? O_o
Lala's first born (most likely it needs to be a boy too), hands down.

After that would be any other kids of Lala. It only gets complicated if Lala doesn't have any, as it would go to first born from his other wives of however they are refered to as. Momo and Nana's children may or may not get secondary priority after Lala.

IIRC, Rito maybe king, but Lala will be his Queen while the rest are concubines/ mistresses. At least, that is how Momo refers to them as.
Old 2011-08-20, 09:26   Link #2294
Shadow5YA

Even if Rito becomes King, I don't see him or Lala moving back to Lala's home planet. Lala made it clear that she likes Earth more even in the original series, and Rito has no reason to leave his home either.

Somehow I think when the harem ending becomes official even more alien women will go to Earth to find him.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 11:02   Link #2295
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
(I don't like her that much myself, she's my least favorite along with Nana in fact)
ಠ_ಠ Speaking of favourites, Nana (<3) is very high on my list while I'm neutral to Haruna :3

As for 10.5, YUI FFFFFFFF with a bit of Mio and I got my share of Oshizu as well as twintails Lala in the chapter before. I also approve of the harem pic since it has Run + Kotegawa + extra.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 23:23   Link #2296
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I second that comment. I mean damn, and when I say damn, I really mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95SYdjRVCR0
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 02:42   Link #2297
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
personally I like them without the clothes.

and the bikini cover with Haruna.

I love bikini's. <3
Old 2011-08-21, 03:23   Link #2298
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
I second that comment. I mean damn, and when I say damn, I really mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95SYdjRVCR0
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 2011-08-21, 11:57   Link #2299
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Yami's reformation happened practically overnight. Haruna's been in love with Rito since the beginning, she could learn to exert some self-control by now.

And what bothers me is she continues to do it.

I totally understand your complaints about her lack of growth and the fact it stunts Rito's development, but I think you're exaggerating her tendency to violence. She acts exactly the same way as Yami (now reformed), Nana, and Yui do. Yes, remember Yui hit Rito as recently as the first chapter of Darkness, and likely did it again in 10.5. In fact, I haven't counted, but I'm pretty sure Yui has smacked him more often overall. At least that's the impression I'm getting during my second read. At any rate, it's definitely not only Haruna's gimmick.

Yami only started changing in Darkness, after Hasemi and Yabuki decided it might be time to actually move the plot forward (there's been more chara development in Darkness than in the last 8 volumes of the original manga). Please also keep in mind that Haruna had already started getting sidelined near the end of the first series, they kind of gave up doing anything with her character after the whole Yabuki's wife affair. I don't know what they intend to do with her in Darkness, but like you, I do hope she'll stop holding Rito back.
Old 2011-08-21, 12:35   Link #2300
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

I have a mixed feelings about Haruna's case but I also feel that haruna stuns Rito's development where Darkness highly hints us of harem end but whenever Rito thinks of Haruna, he disregard the harem.

Not that I do not like Haruna but I'd like Rito to think of other girls who are in love with him.

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen