AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-12, 21:54   Link #101
blackwhite67
Banned

Concerning Roland, he died a pathetic death, but let's be real here. If someone like him is dumb enough to die the way he did, then would never have survived in the real world.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 21:56   Link #102
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Concerning Roland, he died a pathetic death, but let's be real here. If someone like him is dumb enough to die the way he did, then would never have survived in the real world.
I won't say his death is dumb.....
Spoiler for LN:
Old 2012-09-12, 21:59   Link #103
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
I wonder if you've read the LN. At all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Lol when i read it I get so confused cause of all the titles/character names and stuff == that or its just my poor chinese reading skills or the translator's poor translating skills... ya people have to stop judging a book by it's cover, I mean the bakemonogatari series have partically no insert pictures and it's actually really good. Even though I'm not really a big fan of the artwork in this series, I still quite liked this a lot
Artwork doesn't really matter that much to me. I grew up reading western fantasy and fiction novels, and it was a really good way to hone my imagination, in a sense. Haha.
Old 2012-09-12, 22:05   Link #104
blackwhite67
Banned

He was used by the two people who didnt care about the country against the one guy that did like a tool and when he realized, he was poisoned.

@erhjegel I read every summary by Zephyr and every post in this forum and Jcafe.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 22:08   Link #105
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
He was used by the two people who didnt care about the country against the one guy that did like a tool and when he realized, he was poisoned.

@erhjegel I read every summary by Zephyr and every post in this forum and Jcafe.
So in another word, you didn't read the novel....well it's your opinion I guess =w= nothing against that, just a matter of perspective~
Old 2012-09-12, 22:11   Link #106
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Because obviously, context-less summaries are everything.

This is one of those series that requires you to actually read the entire thing, because details actually matter.
Old 2012-09-12, 22:13   Link #107
Belgaesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
I won't say his death is dumb.....
Spoiler for LN:
Real men die while standing, it's common tale that Benkei, the companion of Yoshitsune Minamoto, died this way while protecting his lord.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 22:16   Link #108
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Plus, he was the Lawful type of character who was only doing his job, and was completely uninformed of the actual situation. And while the readers are completely in the know about what's going on, guess what, Roland isn't. He was purposely kept ignorant. Considering the political situation, it was obvious they kept him ignorant.

This is sometimes why taking summaries at face value can be annoying.

By the way, does anyone have scans of the manga? I heard that it had ティグル romanized to Tigre, and since it has the author's input along with it...

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2012-09-12 at 22:29.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 22:53   Link #109
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

The thing is, the way he dies and the way he know what's going to happen to him but still take responsibility for his "failure" is what makes him a man

Spoiler for LN:
Old 2012-09-12, 23:00   Link #110
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I just want to get to Volume 5 already. ;_; My copy is just sitting here on my desk, and every time I glance at it I feel like crying because I read so slow...;_;
Old 2012-09-12, 23:08   Link #111
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
I just want to get to Volume 5 already. ;_; My copy is just sitting here on my desk, and every time I glance at it I feel like crying because I read so slow...;_;
At least you can read it T_T waiting for that last two little chapter of vol 4 to be done then I can start reading >_<
Old 2012-09-12, 23:27   Link #112
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Oh man, Florza's halfway done Chapter 1 and no one else has popped in to express interest in translating this yet! Oh dear!

I can't wait, we're almost at the first scene where you realize how awesome Tigul really is. Man, I love this series so much! The more serious tone and less of a focus on "moe" and relationships (although it's still there..) reminds me a lot of Mahouka.. which is why I love both of them so much I guess?
This worries me the most. How does this series compare to blade dance/campione? If someone could describe the romance a bit (is it more RomCom or dramatic, haremish or is there one clear winnter, etc), that would be much appreciated.
Old 2012-09-12, 23:42   Link #113
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post
This worries me the most. How does this series compare to blade dance/campione? If someone could describe the romance a bit (is it more RomCom or dramatic, haremish or is there one clear winnter, etc), that would be much appreciated.
Feels like it's heading to a harem to me~ this is definitely a good novel tho ^^
Old 2012-09-12, 23:43   Link #114
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Lovecom gags are present but not overly abundant, and they are mostly story or character-related. There are moments of affection between the heroines and Tigre; they talk about their feelings with the other characters (namely females), but Tigre put it best: there is no time for love when there are more matters of utmost importance.

So if anyone's looking for a priority harem lovecom hijinks with an abundance of fanservice and a small slice of story on the side, this is not for them.

But for those looking for a great story and intriguing political developments with a small heaping of fanservice, go right ahead.
Old 2012-09-12, 23:50   Link #115
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Lovecom gags are present but not overly abundant, and they are mostly story or character-related. There are moments of affection between the heroines and Tigre; they talk about their feelings with the other characters (namely females), but Tigre put it best: there is no time for love when there are more matters of utmost importance.

So if anyone's looking for a priority harem lovecom hijinks with an abundance of fanservice and a small slice of story on the side, this is not for them.

But for those looking for a great story and intriguing political developments with a small heaping of fanservice, go right ahead.

^ This. THIS SO MUCH. Let's just say Madan no Ou is awesome? My comment was supposed to indicate: If you're here for "moe" or fanservice.. you're likely in the wrong place.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 00:00   Link #116
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Thanks for all the quick replies, guess this isnt really my thing then. I prefer more of a romantic comedy where there are a lot of cute moments, of course it has to have a decent plot and premise(Hidan no aria, Campione, Blade Dance). I don't like fanservice, but apparently RomComs tie pretty heavily with fanservice unfortunately so I guess you have to take the bad with the good. I might read this if it gets translated in English, probably wont bother reading this in Chinese. If only my Chinese was better or if I was born as an Asian

Hard to imagine that a harem LN can be shaped up to the way you guys described nowadays lol
Old 2012-09-13, 00:07   Link #117
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Thanks for all the quick replies, guess this isnt really my thing then. I prefer more of a romantic comedy where there are a lot of cute moments, of course it has to have a decent plot and premise. I don't like fanservice, but apparently RomComs tie pretty heavily with fanservice unfortunately so I guess you have to take the bad with the good. I might read this if it gets translated in English, probably wont bother reading this in Chinese. If only my Chinese was better or if I was born as an Asian

Hard to imagine that a harem LN can be shaped up to the way you guys described nowadays lol
Considering the premise of the story, it's political maneuverings mired with medieval warfare with a slight touch of magic first, character interactions second, and harem last. I would say the same goes for 黒鋼の魔紋修復士 (Kuro no Hiera Glaphicos); too bad it's completely unknown.

Even the author gets annoyed whenever his publishers pushes for him to "make more cute girls/cute moments with these girls" with this series, judging from his author's notes. It's not hard to see why, as (in some instances) it can deviate the flow and pacing of the story.
Old 2012-09-13, 00:12   Link #118
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

This gives u a more medieval fantasy rpg feel rather than the harem kinda feeling, ya i described it pretty vague >_> but it's really good, should definitely give it a try.
Old 2012-09-13, 02:11   Link #119
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Quote:
Thanks for all the quick replies, guess this isnt really my thing then. I prefer more of a romantic comedy where there are a lot of cute moments, of course it has to have a decent plot and premise(Hidan no aria, Campione, Blade Dance). I don't like fanservice, but apparently RomComs tie pretty heavily with fanservice unfortunately so I guess you have to take the bad with the good. I might read this if it gets translated in English, probably wont bother reading this in Chinese. If only my Chinese was better or if I was born as an Asian

It doesn't focus on love as much. It has romance, but the romance is mainly subplot. I wouldn't say harem either. The main character manages to get a bunch of love interests? Apparently its not really that ecchi either.
Old 2012-09-13, 02:38   Link #120
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Silvmeteor? Wait, what?

That's...that's quite a name, Elen.

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)