AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-19, 06:15   Link #1
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
looking for Magicial Girl Animes..

I'm looking for some Magicial girl Animes similar to Nanoha, and Nanoha As
Now I want to watch a other series, who would fit in this genre. because Nanoha was just great, and now i want more
Old 2006-04-19, 13:23   Link #2
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

akazukin cha cha- funniest magical girl show
card captor sakura looks similar to nanoha (well if you haven't heard of it already)
kaitou saint tail & kamikaze kaitou Jeanne - like kaitou saint tail but with better characters and whatnot.
Old 2006-04-19, 15:54   Link #3
Xinil
Blargh

Send a message via ICQ to Xinil Send a message via AIM to Xinil
You may want to check out:

Ultra Maniac
or
Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto

Not really my cup of tea, but if you enjoy those kinds of girly things...go for it.
Old 2006-04-20, 06:30   Link #4
miaka

Pretear - it has nice plot and bishies. Absolutely no filler coz its only 13 episode.
Old 2006-04-20, 06:48   Link #5
Lambda

Most magical girl series are most definitely not like Nanoha. Magic girl is traditionally a subset of shoujo anime (aimed at girls), but Nanoha is very much aimed at males.

As far as shoujo magic girl series go, the classic modern reference point is Card Captor Sakura, being by far the strongest "traditional" entry in the genre. The best magic girl series bar none is Princess Tutu, (unless perhaps you count Utena in a very wierd metaphorical way), although it could well be described as "too good to be magic girl anime", it certainly has magnitudes more depth and class than anything else in the genre. Pretear is a strong entry in the genre too. And if you find yourself becoming really interested in the genre, you will have to see Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon at some point, the show which defined the modern form of the genre. (Basically, before that, magic girls would do stuff like transforming into adult singers and the like, it was Sailormoon which thought of having them fight things.)

The only classic male-oriented magic girl series which comes to mind is Magical Project S/Pretty Sammy (a spinoff of Tenchi Muyo).

Last edited by Lambda; 2006-04-20 at 07:04.
Old 2006-04-20, 08:39   Link #6
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambda
Most magical girl series are most definitely not like Nanoha. Magic girl is traditionally a subset of shoujo anime (aimed at girls), but Nanoha is very much aimed at males.

As far as shoujo magic girl series go, the classic modern reference point is Card Captor Sakura, being by far the strongest "traditional" entry in the genre. The best magic girl series bar none is Princess Tutu, (unless perhaps you count Utena in a very wierd metaphorical way), although it could well be described as "too good to be magic girl anime", it certainly has magnitudes more depth and class than anything else in the genre. Pretear is a strong entry in the genre too. And if you find yourself becoming really interested in the genre, you will have to see Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon at some point, the show which defined the modern form of the genre. (Basically, before that, magic girls would do stuff like transforming into adult singers and the like, it was Sailormoon which thought of having them fight things.)

The only classic male-oriented magic girl series which comes to mind is Magical Project S/Pretty Sammy (a spinoff of Tenchi Muyo).
Princess Tutu has some nice music. The artwork seems a little outdated from the typical anime that we need now days. But it has a strange story line and great typical Swan Lake music. Yup, yup.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2006-04-20, 10:29   Link #7
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

CardCaptor Sakura Although it's 70 eps plus the two movies. Ok, you don't need to watch the first one, but the second one is the conclusion of the series, so you have to get that after you've watched the whole thing.
Old 2006-04-21, 05:26   Link #8
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Thank you for all you help

I will watch Princess Tutu and Pretear