AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

Old 2008-01-07, 08:13   Link #21
Soljashy
The Salary Man
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Soljashy
According to the Japanese Wikepidia article on Utawareru Mono, the OVA series will cover the missing subplot regarding Urutori (ウルトリィ) and the baby Fumirwil (フミルィル) from the game.

That said,

MORE UTAWARERU MONO! HURRAY!

I can't wait to see more of my darling Kamyu.

Last edited by Soljashy; 2008-01-08 at 01:34.
Soljashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 04:32   Link #22
Shiuch

Damn! Good news! I really hoped this to happen. ^^ Thought I would want to see continuing story for the ending, but that's not gonna happen I think. Well, atleast the game's translation patch for PC is complete soon for us non-japanese read able people too. <3
Shiuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 21:11   Link #23
Skids41

im hoping that one of the ova will conclude more of the end and have hakuoro return.
Skids41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 22:12   Link #24
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

YAY! I'm very happy now.
Old 2008-01-28, 20:28   Link #25
Zsych

They need to create OVA, that contain all the hentai stuff that was left out of the anime series :P
Hakuoro has responsibilities as the last remaining human!!!!

--

I wonder though if humanity was wiped out as a whole in that world. If there could be one pocket of humans, then there could be others... unfortunately that story direction is likely to lead to Hakuoro and lot trying to survive against Evil humans.
Zsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 00:29   Link #26
Flame-X
Anti-fan

i just wanna see more touka and karura. XD
Old 2008-02-17, 11:30   Link #27
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsych View Post
They need to create OVA, that contain all the hentai stuff that was left out of the anime series :P
Hakuoro has responsibilities as the last remaining human!!!!
Eh, up till where I am now (having just finished resquing Karura's brother, and being 'visited' by kamyu) the hentai in the game was pretty lame in my opinion. It just looked like it was thrown in there for sales, barring Karura's scene, which actually looked somewhat in place with the story.

I myself am hoping for a bit more Touka and Dori&Gura love. It seems to be a curse I have that the characters that are my favourites get the least amount of screentime. T_T
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 18:13   Link #28
Lynx190
Keine is moo.

well the DVD specials did at least include the story about Touka's doll (and also gave her the casual outfit that you see in the game's fishing scene)

I doubt there's going to be much more with Dorii and Guraa, considering they didn't really play much of a role in the game (really, you already get a lot more of them in the anime simply because you can see everyone present in each scene, instead of just the characters involved in the main dialogue). And the scenes they were involved in (and doing more than just "Reporting in!"), and not already in the anime, are unlikely to be animated.
Lynx190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 18:24   Link #29
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Yeah, you're right. Most likely the main focuss will be the baby debacle. I only recently started hunting down the DVD specials. Special 4 is troublesome to find, though. Annoying, concidering that one is the finish to the doll scene.

Do the American releases have these specials as well?
Old 2008-02-17, 19:24   Link #30
Lynx190
Keine is moo.

I've got specials 1, 2, and 4, although 2 is only a raw... 3 I only have like 8% and never been able to find a seed... so I didn't get the start of the doll scene

And yeah, the story about the baby seems to be the largest piece of game story left out of the anime, so that would be pretty likely.
Lynx190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 19:28   Link #31
Flame-X
Anti-fan

i have all the dvds and yes it does have all the specials as extras.
Old 2008-02-17, 19:37   Link #32
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I didn't realize there was a fourth special. I have specials 1-3 downloaded on my computer. The doll scene was hilarious. DO NOT make Touka mad, or you will regret it.... well, if you live, that is.
Old 2008-02-17, 20:07   Link #33
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Pain to find indeed, only an italian sub for 4 so far. It's the conclusion to the doll scene.

At any rate, if the American releases have the extras, I should buy them, although that would mean killing my wallet and go for an import...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx190 View Post
And yeah, the story about the baby seems to be the largest piece of game story left out of the anime, so that would be pretty likely.
Well, its not as if they can't make up new material if they want to.
Old 2008-06-06, 06:36   Link #34
Soljashy
The Salary Man
*Author

It's quite possible that the sub-story with the baby is covered in only one of the episodes. If that is the case, I wonder what they would do in the remaining two. There is that extra arc in the PS2 game (which pretty much involves an encounter between Kurou and the former princess of Kenashikourupe) but I somehow doubt they would take new material from the remake of the game.

Part of me is hoping to see more of poor Mutsumi's extremely neglected scenes in the flashback, but as long as there is Kamyu in the OVA I can rest in peace.

Last edited by Soljashy; 2008-07-14 at 07:56. Reason: fixed an old typo
Old 2008-06-06, 19:04   Link #35
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I expect nearly every one from the main cast (big cast, too) will be in the OVAs.

So there are 3 OVAs coming?
Old 2008-06-06, 21:20   Link #36
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
Supposedly three are coming out eventually...no set date from what I've read...though I haven't heard anything more than speculation about their content, canon or original. I had vague hopes for a sequel even since the ending was...so open ended. Though I'd rather nothing if it isn't as good as the original...
Telmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 02:59   Link #37
Soljashy
The Salary Man
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telmah View Post
Though I'd rather nothing if it isn't as good as the original...
Speak for yourself.
Old 2008-06-09, 06:00   Link #38
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
Quote:
Speak for yourself.
You'd really want a poorly done extension? I tend to get annoyed when it doesn't live up to my expectations because it feels like a blatant money grab...rather than something that has...vision, something that is entertaining. If they are going to extend it, they should do it right and take whatever time they need. Also, one can only ever safely speak for oneself.
Telmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 06:13   Link #39
Soljashy
The Salary Man
*Author

Quote:
You'd really want a poorly done extension?
Ahem... Your words were:

Quote:
Though I'd rather nothing if it isn't as good as the original...
Because the original series was so exceptionally good in my opinion, I simply doubt whether with the OVA they could realistically reach the same standard (of course I would love it if they somehow did). Even if it doesn't completely live up to the original series, I still think it's better than nothing, though. I never said I wanted something that's poorly done, however. Of course I agree that they should take all the time they need and do it properly.

Quote:
Also, one can only ever safely speak for oneself.
Indeed one can. But I think you know what I meant.
Old 2008-06-10, 01:31   Link #40
Onchuu_Norin
Clandestine Otaku

Cool

After watching the series, I was just amazed. At first, I thought the time period was like more primitive settings without technology, but it made me think when there was a scene of Hakuoro's past being experimented by the scientists. Throughout the series, it was very good with following up on the truth about Hakuoro and his true identity. Overall, I thought it was very original and great. I gotta remember to check out the OVA series some time.
Onchuu_Norin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, aquaplus, bishoujo, leaf, ova, rpg