AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-06-01, 23:04   Link #321
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
This is really much ado about nothing, if horrible didn't rip it someone else would have ripped it someday...
Someday is completely different than leaking an episode and putting it up for download hours before the actual episode airs in Japan. That's just a big no-no. If they did this after it aired in Japan and after Funimation broadcasted it on their website, it wouldn't have been a big issue (as is the case with all animes for the most part).

Quote:
Asking leechers and rippers to not act like leechers and rippers is a battle in futility...
Yup. Pirates will always be pirates .

Quote:
All of us are apart of this $hit and as anime fans we simply have to navigate...
Don't speak on behalf of the whole anime community. Not everyone downloads and rips anime.

Quote:
In the case of One Piece, 4kids had destroyed any credibility the show could have ever had in a Western context...
This has been remedied by Funimation's new awesome dub that is even comparable to the Japanese version. One Piece is now a dub of exceptional quality.
Old 2009-06-01, 23:31   Link #322
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma
Someday is completely different than leaking an episode and putting it up for download hours before the actual episode airs in Japan. That's just a big no-no.
What is that written in the galactic book of internet celestial teachings? The point is there are no rules (whether we like it or not), what you are mad about is the morality of this...Do I agree? I'm not against the core of your point, just the reality of your expectations...

Quote:
Don't speak on behalf of the whole anime community. Not everyone downloads and rips anime.
I'm saying those of us who consume $hitloads of anime on average...Being one of these people for a little over a decade gives me the right to speak for and about the community...You don't have to like it...But that's what we do, we navigate...Just like you did before there was a Funimation website to watch a subbed ep...Just like we'll do when the current ep guys die off and new ones replace them...

I also agree funimation has a great re-dubbing (Don't love Piccolo as Zorro though, apologies to your avatar)...In comparison to 4kids it's like god kissed this version, but the fact remains that One piece's viability and marketability in America was hugely damaged by 4kids and is currently no where to be found on western television (That's pretty bad when you have over 400 eps--The time is now if it ever is to get any real popularity here)...Hell it was even the last nail in Toonami's coffin...Just saying lets be real about this situation...

It ain't great that horrible did what they did, but as One Piece fans and anime fans in general the current landscape is what it is and you and me will watch what we can when we can...that's the state of things...One would hope that the new viewers of OP who were weening off the website eps will evolve just like most animesuki heads have over the years...I probably got as many store-bought DVD's as you, but i'll tell you what I'll be watching OP next week regardless of what anyone does, and that's the reality...

P.S. LOL, did I mention that Sabaody Archipelago is great!^^
Old 2009-06-01, 23:46   Link #323
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
What is that written in the galactic book of internet celestial teachings? The point is there are no rules (whether we like it or not), what you are mad about is the morality of this...Do I agree? I'm not against the core of your point, just the reality of your expectations...
I couldn't agree more with you when it comes to internet pirates. I'm just saying that this whole incident could've been avoided if they ripped the episode a little while after it aired in Japan (just like a lot of other animes). In the end, they were just pricks that wanted to aggravate a lot of people who were looking forward to the broadcast.

Quote:
It ain't great that horrible did what they did, but as One Piece fans and anime fans in general the current landscape is what it is and you and me will watch what we can when we can...that's the state of things...One would hope that the new viewers of OP who were weening off the website eps will evolve just like most animesuki heads have over the years...I probably got as many store-bought DVD's as you, but i'll tell you what I'll be watching OP next week regardless of what anyone does, and that's the reality...
Very true. It's nice to see that you actually support the franchises by buying the DVD's. That is the courteous thing to do .

Quote:
P.S. LOL, did I mention that Sabaody Archipelago is great!^^
Damn right! Kizaru is a freaking beast in the anime. The music that played when he owned the 3 supernovas conveyed that he is not to be messed with .
Old 2009-06-02, 00:03   Link #324
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Oh I loved piano-teeth!! I was jammin' out silly to that on my headphones right before Light-dude slayed me with the sunbeam reincarnation then ownage of EVERYBODY!!

As for the rest, don't get it twisted I have an equally healthy amount of non-DVD's aswell
Old 2009-06-02, 00:08   Link #325
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Oh I loved piano-teeth!! I was jammin' out silly to that on my headphones right before Light-dude slayed me with the sunbeam reincarnation then ownage of EVERYBODY!!
LOL. That part was hilarious and awesome at the same time. I enjoyed Apoo's music, but man did he totally deserve the kick he got that sent him down into the building. That was one of my most anticipated moments and it so satisfying for me to see .

Quote:
As for the rest, don't get it twisted I have an equally healthy amount of non-DVD's aswell
Don't worry. It's between you and me (even though other people can read this ). Nice talking with you .
Old 2009-06-02, 04:28   Link #326
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

No more One Piece subs outside of Japan? Well that sucks...I just got into this arc, I guess I'll have to wait 5+ years until it hits North America. Peace, It's bean surreal.
Old 2009-06-02, 04:32   Link #327
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
No more One Piece subs outside of Japan? Well that sucks...I just got into this arc, I guess I'll have to wait 5+ years until it hits North America. Peace, It's bean surreal.
Theres always fansubs right?
Old 2009-06-02, 06:32   Link #328
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by karumofin View Post
if you create a system that is easily exploited then yes you are to be blamed yourself. essentially you can ALWAYS assume there will be an asshole around to exploit it, who it is is irrelevant. if you do something, do it right, not do a halfased solution that hast to be shut down.
they did a poor job protecting their property and thereas created an oportunity for projects like this to be stopped entirely in the future.
the people who exploited it are morons who didnt know better.
Oh please who the hell is dumb enough to think

"Hey Funimation's security sucks, so by modifying the URL I can find the new episodes of One Piece before it even airs in Japan. I will just download the episode and then upload it to a torrent surely Toei won't be mad that an episode was available online before it even aired"

Are you seriously suggesting that was the thought process?

Look, theirs a reason why One Piece has a huge presence online, and the manga sells like crap. Online popularity means diddly squat unless people buy it. Hell Sunrise has mastered the really popular online but sells like crap in America demographic.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 09:39   Link #329
karumofin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Oh please who the hell is dumb enough to think

"Hey Funimation's security sucks, so by modifying the URL I can find the new episodes of One Piece before it even airs in Japan. I will just download the episode and then upload it to a torrent surely Toei won't be mad that an episode was available online before it even aired"

Are you seriously suggesting that was the thought process?

Look, theirs a reason why One Piece has a huge presence online, and the manga sells like crap. Online popularity means diddly squat unless people buy it. Hell Sunrise has mastered the really popular online but sells like crap in America demographic.
dont get me wrong, the people who did it are morons, no doubt. im just say that if funimation did a bad job, someone would have exploited it, no matter what and because of that i think they are to blame the most.
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 11:54   Link #330
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
As for the current arc, "Made of Light"-dude is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious^^...One Piece is truly the greatest shonen of alltime when it comes to character abilities and fight creativity...The Light-fruit power is just beyond beastly...I'm trying to figure out how rubber can deal with that $hit^^...
He scares the living crap outha me D:
in the manga I thought of him as normal but anime he's so scary~ specially thanks to his VA lol
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 16:52   Link #331
ellifeedn
Thinker

Who is his VA?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 16:59   Link #332
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Who is his VA?
Go to Anime News Network to find out.
Old 2009-06-04, 09:16   Link #333
syler321

kizaru is defintly one of the strongest charcters in one piece,and i think the strongest of the 3 admirals...

i can only see blackbeard beat him with his drakness power but blackbeard is still paramecia user from what we saw so a light beam frmo kizaru will still beat blackbeard...
syler321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 13:15   Link #334
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by syler321 View Post
kizaru is defintly one of the strongest charcters in one piece,and i think the strongest of the 3 admirals...

i can only see blackbeard beat him with his drakness power but blackbeard is still paramecia user from what we saw so a light beam frmo kizaru will still beat blackbeard...
Blackbeard is a logia user, but the only difference is that he can't become intangible. Hence, he can't let attacks pass through him like all other logia users.
Old 2009-06-04, 13:35   Link #335
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by syler321 View Post

Im sure Blackbeard is capable of withstanding the beam's pain.After all there is nothing Kizaru can do against a dark whirlpool+Face to Ground combo.He wont recover from that with his logia powers and feel entire pain like any other man.Which one blow is pretty enough to destroy an ordinary man.
Rawrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 14:30   Link #336
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Im sure Blackbeard is capable of withstanding the beam's pain.After all there is nothing Kizaru can do against a dark whirlpool+Face to Ground combo.He wont recover from that with his logia powers and feel entire pain like any other man.Which one blow is pretty enough to destroy an ordinary man.
True but are we forgetting how the Pika-Pika man is hella fast, like probably one of the fastest characters we have been introduced to thus far? Kizaru should have no problems harming and blocking Blackbeard all from a distance, and since Blackbeard apparently 'cannot' turn into darkness (odd since he is a logia, but whatever ) he would be at a disadvantage save only for his swirling darkness. As long as Kizaru keeps far enough away from him, he should be fine.
Old 2009-06-04, 14:58   Link #337
syler321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
True but are we forgetting how the Pika-Pika man is hella fast, like probably one of the fastest characters we have been introduced to thus far? Kizaru should have no problems harming and blocking Blackbeard all from a distance, and since Blackbeard apparently 'cannot' turn into darkness (odd since he is a logia, but whatever ) he would be at a disadvantage save only for his swirling darkness. As long as Kizaru keeps far enough away from him, he should be fine.

pretty much what i wanted to write hehe
i mean kizaru is fast as light,and blackbeard is pretty slow by the looks of it,im pretty sure kizaru can dodge most of the stuff blackbeard can do.and dont forget one kick from the distance to blackbeard and he is down dosent matter how big he is,kizaru beams are still pretty strong,a few of those and blackbeard is down,then again thats only if kizaru can stay at a distance and we saw he can but he is very good at close combat also with his teleporting with light thing...
syler321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 17:26   Link #338
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

(Keep in mind I haven’t watched the last ep yet)

I actually thought there was no way Luffy could beat Kizaru…I was figuring Zorro with his curse swords that can probably reflect light and his ability to cut thru anything he believes his sword can cut was probably the only strawhat that could fight him…I mean Kizaru honestly seems like the most over-powered character in all of OP, but something finally clicked to me with Luffy…The only way I think Luffy can win is if he Gear thirds his entire stomach to upper body and literally EATS KIZARU…Darkness should be the only antithesis to his light power therefore being digested will give LUFFY the power to release blasts from his mouth when he wants to…He could then release that energy at his whim right into the sea where Kizaru would be powerless (or totally killed)…Whattaya think?? (Mangaheads keep in mind you only have the answer because YOU HAVE THE ANSWER)...

LOL. That’s all I got because Kizaru is one tuff cookie…
Old 2009-06-04, 18:02   Link #339
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
The only way I think Luffy can win is if he Gear thirds his entire stomach to upper body and literally EATS KIZARU…Darkness should be the only antithesis to his light power therefore being digested will give LUFFY the power to release blasts from his mouth when he wants to…He could then release that energy at his whim right into the sea where Kizaru would be powerless (or totally killed)…Whattaya think?? (Mangaheads keep in mind you only have the answer because YOU HAVE THE ANSWER)...
I don't think that strategy would work. Luffy managed to bite off and consume Crocodile's whole upper body in their first fight, but then Crocodile quickly forced himself out of Luffy's mouth.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2009-06-04 at 20:53.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 19:33   Link #340
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Luffy didn't have gear back then, so maybe a stronger body would help, but I think Kizaru's power (because it's light and not sand) may be effected by the darkness (since light can't exist in darkness)...I can't think of any other way Luffy can beat this guy as I expect they won't really fight like Freeze-guy from Robin's past...I mean it's realistic that Luffy can't beat everyone...