3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-29, 11:09   Link #2521
RedWing

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox822 View Post
What supports the idea that Lelouch has the Code and that it was no destroyed/devoured by the World of C is the fact that the geasses Charles had placed on Nunnally and Anya still held their effect. Geass draws its power from the Code, and had the Code been destroyed, the Geasses would have faded. That is why Charles’ Code still exists, now in Lelouch.
An assumption you are presenting as a fact.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 11:09   Link #2522
Hiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
I was talking about the theory that CODE bearers had the ability to transfer memories. This has no real basis in the show. All the times when people have been shown something it was in black and white. The only other time is when C.C removed the seal that she placed on his memories. That was not a memory transfer.
Seal? Charles gave Lelouch new memories with his Geass. The geass isn't capable of casting seals on anyone. Only rewriting their memories as they see fit. C.C. seemed to show Lelouch his old memories. That's the only thing that would make sense, considering she has shown people memories in the past.
Old 2008-09-29, 11:10   Link #2523
Jarmel

Anyone know when the charts on the official Geass website gets updated?
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 11:10   Link #2524
edgewalker00
ALL HAIL LELOUCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox822 View Post
Re-read this. The Code activates upon death.
Spoiler:
we cant say this is final but its a good idea nonetheless...

still im beginning to agree with tzia_n that lelouch's remains are in that bag
edgewalker00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 11:11   Link #2525
RedWing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiku View Post
Seal? Charles gave Lelouch new memories with his Geass. C.C. seemed to show Lelouch his old memories. Also, those memory flashes were not always in black and white.
I am preeeety sure that it was revealed in one of those magazines that it was a seal.
Old 2008-09-29, 11:11   Link #2526
eaglei3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Anyone know when the charts on the official Geass website gets updated?
I could see them not doing it for a couple of weeks just to drive us insane until after a potential interview with the producers or something... or worst, if the DVD releases months from now give new information. ><
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 11:11   Link #2527
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
I was talking about the theory that CODE bearers had the ability to transfer memories. This has no real basis in the show. All the times when people have been shown something it was in black and white. The only other time is when C.C removed the seal that she placed on his memories. That was not a memory transfer.
Ahh, last I remember Anya got color imagery in her encounter with C.C when they collided during Turn 11 >_>
Old 2008-09-29, 11:12   Link #2528
Jarmel

I thought they did the day after the show aired. So don't we get the update today?
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 11:13   Link #2529
SnEptUne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
He's got Shniezel under his service
Doesn't Shniezel knows Leouch is Zero? In that case, when Leouch is dead, Shniezel's geass will no longer works, would it? Besides, from Nully's case, it can be deduce that if the caster is dead, the effect of the geass will diminish. So in the end, it will become Shniezel's world, right?

And I don't know why Leouch's death is neccessary. He could have just convinced people that he will be a good king (he can agree to the united nations's require to have only 20% of voting right, etc...). I don't see how having Nully as the queen will make it any different than Leouch if no one hate him.

Although I can see where democracy will fail, in the story, democracy clearly works fine, so they don't even need a king or queen.

Last edited by SnEptUne; 2008-09-29 at 11:23.
SnEptUne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 11:13   Link #2530
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

A lie detector is just that... something that can discern lies. What it cannot do is discern the past. All it can do is answer the question 'Is this person lying' with a response of either 'No s/he isn't' and 'Yes, s/he is'. Because really now, if Nunally can do more than that, then she should've figured out her brother was Zero in S1.

People also bring up the point that Nunally might have figure out what Lelouche has planned. But one of the images brought up was the fight in C's world, which has NOTHING to do with the current plan of Lelouche sacrificing himself. So how did Nunally figure this out 'just from looking at Lelouche's face with no regret'? Simple.. she couldn't unless some outside factor gave her those images.

(And that's not going into how Kallen figured out Lelouche's plan just from Zero's appearance, and she is NOT given a flashback. So why did Nunally receive one if she arrived to the same conclusion as Kallen, in the same fashion as Kallen deduced (aka. by herself)? )

And IIRC, Lelouche wasn't frolicking and screaming when he learned about CC's true name back in season 1. So a peaceful exchange of memories is entirely possible, as there's precedent for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n
have you seen lulu with the code? i think no one has so its just a speculation
Speculation: Reasoning based on inconclusive evidence; conjecture (aka. blind guessing) or supposition (doing the what if scenario).

And as far as Lulu being alive is concerned, people have provided real canon evidence as to how that might come to fruition. It is neither them making stuff up by blind guessing (like some people were just throwing theories with no basis in canon in regards to Zero Requiem before), or are they doing a what if scenario (for example, trying to figure out what Kallen's gumline was supposed to be). Thus it is not 'specualtion', it's a very educated detective conclusion derived from what pieces of the puzzle we are given in canon.

In the realm of fiction, there are three levels: explicit, implicit, and symbolic. Just because it isn't explicit doesn't mean it's speculation; all it means its just up to interpretation. But considering there's a mountain of evidence that is for Lelouche's survival with little to nothing going against it, we should arrive to the same conclusion: Lelouche survived.

Really, achieving a conclusion based on implicit/symbolic evidence is much akin to a judgement in the court of law built upon circumstancial evidence. One piece of evidence like that doesn't amount to much, but after a certain point, we can only arrive at one conclusion beyond the shadow of a doubt. Nothing speculative about that, and it is perfectly acceptable.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 11:13   Link #2531
pilipok
pizza lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagetsuchi View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:

I wanna believe lulu is dead....

/discuss
les face it the bag is full of
Spoiler for geass:

she is CC btw
u cant get pizza in the country side
unless u fedex it or DHL it
pilipok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 11:14   Link #2532
edgewalker00
ALL HAIL LELOUCH!

it's amusing how this thread turned from

"what a shitty/good end"

to

"lelouch is dead/alive"

to

"the mysteries of geass"

to

"zero is not suzaku"

to

"lulu is with jeremiah in the orange farm "

to

"lulu is on his way to australia in a bag"

all the while discussing the geass issues in between...

i wonder how this would turn up after 23 more pages?
edgewalker00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 11:14   Link #2533
RedWing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Ahh, last I remember Anya got color imagery in her encounter with C.C when they collided during Turn 11 >_>
That wasn't a memory transfer. Are you saying it was?
Old 2008-09-29, 11:14   Link #2534
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnEptUne View Post
Doesn't Shniezel knows Leouch is Zero? In that case, when Leouch is dead, Shniezel's geass will no longer works, would it? Beside, from Nully's case, it can be deduced that if the caster is dead, the effect of the geass will diminish. So in the end, it will become Shniezel's world, right?
No no, Lelouch explains this, Schneizel's Geass was all about serving Zero, not specifically Lelouch. If Zero suddenly appears then on that basis he would follow the person who best fits the depiction, thus becoming Suzaku's butler as we see later, or so said Lelouch anyway

Quote:
C.C saw it didn't she?
Old 2008-09-29, 11:15   Link #2535
Alchemist007
*Author

I forgot which ep it was, but god damn they shoved pizza hut down our throats before it all ended.
Old 2008-09-29, 11:15   Link #2536
Swordz
Stranger

Wow... This ending really reminds me of
Spoiler for Anime:

and I believe that lelouch is really dead.... despite of how much I dont want that to happen....
otherwise suzaku would be really2 weird to cry when he stab lelouch....

I wonder what had really happened between 'pudding' earl and lakasha?

Thats all aside...
I think this is a really good anime...
Tragic ending... but hey... people would die eventually anyway..........
Swordz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 11:15   Link #2537
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Don't bullshit me Orga, it was right there right in front of you and in the specific sequence I just recited it in. I'm not making anything up, you are and you're failing to keep to the precedented example and process in which Nunnally displayed her 'ability'.
And here is the pot calling the kettle black. XD

Sorry, mine fits better than yours. YOU have too many unfounded points. I really don't. Is it so hard to get taht he is dead? Really now. It is like people still going on that "Spike didn't die!" in Cowboy Bebop. It is called denial.
Quote:
And the hell do you need to listen to the voice? My examples were concerning the body, which is what real lie detectors do, hence the strapping of all sorts of instruments on top of a person to monitor their signs, and the same can be said of Nunnally too. Even the best of liars can't always hide the signs their body gives a way. And just because a lie detector can be fooled doesn't always mean it is, otherwise they wouldn't be in use at all if that was the case, and the same can once again be applied to Nunnally >_>
I know, but not everyone is cool under pressure like Romeyer seems to be.

Quote:
But nonetheless, its not keeping with the procedure that she did before in order to read Rommyer, which once again is in keeping with abilities the blind have been able to exhibit before in terms of telling whether or not a person is lying, not looking into the depths of his soul in such clarity and detail which once again has not been exhibited before with Nunnally <_<
How about no? We really don't know how it works after all, but when she asked Romeyer she was able to tell she was lying. And here she was able to tell Lelouch was lying. We just never got the details of how it worked. When she asked Romeyer to repeat herself, perhaps the thought has to be in the front of their mind. We know that is exactly what Lelouch thought right before he was stabbed after all.

And seriously, what clarity? A couple quick images going by the screen? I am confident that she didn't see what he saw when Lelouch's life was flashing before him and that Lelouch himself was just seeing that.

Quote:
How many on-screen 'deaths' have we had up to this point and people showing up the next episode still alive as ever? Especially in a show with immortality of all things
Guilford was never shown engulfed by FLEIA. Not on screen. Nunnally was not shown engulfed by FLEIA. Not on screen. Cornelia was shot on screen... but most of the bullets missed. Probable survival.

Now... lets look at actual deaths shall we? Euphemia was shot and died on screen. Didn't come back. Shirley was shot and died on screen. Didn't come back. Rolo had cardiac arrest and died on screen. Didn't come back. Deithard was shot and died on screen. Didn't come back. I could bring up minor characters like Bismarck, Kewell, Darlton, Mao, etc. all of which died on screen and didn't come back.

Lelouch, died on screen. No indication he came back. At all. Unless you count over-analyzing with limited to no proof on your part that is.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 11:16   Link #2538
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordz View Post
Wow... This ending really reminds me of
Spoiler for Anime:

and I believe that lelouch is really dead.... despite of how much I dont want that to happen....
otherwise suzaku would be really2 weird to cry when he stab lelouch....

I wonder what had really happened between 'pudding' earl and lakasha?

Thats all aside...
I think this is a really good anime...
Tragic ending... but hey... people would die eventually anyway..........
well...not if he's immortal (just refering to L.L.)
Old 2008-09-29, 11:17   Link #2539
eaglei3

Quote:
How the heck is that not a memory transfer? I mean seriously, if I somehow see someone else's past, that's their memory being transfered to me.
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 11:19   Link #2540
Hiku

Quote:
I am preeeety sure that it was revealed in one of those magazines that it was a seal.
I suppose you could call it "sealing", but it wasn't a different sealing ability. At least not by the definition of the Geass power that we have been given. It rewrites memories. Upon doing so, Charles "sealed away" Lelouch old memories you could say. But it was done in the same way that Lelouch rewrites memories. If Charles had a different power, the anime would have told us so. But Lelouch clearly stated that he has the same Geass power as himself. It's not an extra ability of the Geass. It was simply rewriting his memories, as Lelouch does all the time.

And you said it's always in black and white.

Not really.