Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-25, 06:47   Link #61
marvelB

Dang, that fella from last chapter WASN'T Ivankov after all..... it's THIS guy:

Spoiler:

Also, it looks like gender-bending IS his ability, after all. That bullet that he deflected with his wink turned a guy into a woman. Man, what a crazy, awesome character. I wonder if this means we'll see Luffy transformed into a femme fatale in this storyline.....

Oh, and we find out what happened to Hannyabal. It turns out that Bon Clay took him out by transforming into Nami (lol, the same tactic he used against Sanji ). Now he's tied up and gagged in some room somewhere. Well, I think we can kiss the whole "Hannyabal hoarding prisoners" theory good-bye after this. He doesn't look too happy being duped by a tranny.....

Haha, this chapter is so crazy. We just need the full script now!

Edit: Considering that Ivankov calls their current location level 5.5, I guess that makes it the "transgender hell".
Old 2009-03-25, 07:00   Link #62
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Also, it looks like gender-bending IS his ability, after all. That bullet that he deflected with his wink turned a guy into a woman. Man, what a crazy, awesome character. I wonder if this means we'll see Luffy transformed into a femme fatale in this storyline.....
It looks like he reflected back the bullet with his "DEATH WINK". Maybe he has the power of turning things into the opposite / reflection of what they were?

Quote:
Oh, and we find out what happened to Hannyabal. It turns out that Bon Clay took him out by transforming into Nami (lol, the same tactic he used against Sanji ). Now he's tied up and gagged in some room somewhere. Well, I think we can kiss the whole "Hannyabal hoarding prisoners" theory good-bye after this. He doesn't look too happy being duped by a tranny.....
The old "honey trap" - nice one Bon-chan... we should have thought of that one.

Quote:
Even with a rough summary, trying to make out what's going on from the images is hard! Looks like we don't actually see Luffy this chapter.

Quote:
Edit: Considering that Ivankov calls their current location level 5.5, I guess that makes it the "transgender hell".
Looks more like "gay-gay heaven"

And of course, 5.5 would have to be half-way between Levels 5 and 6
Old 2009-03-25, 07:05   Link #63
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
that dude from last chapter wasn't creazy enough, but he at least was cool, and Iva is somehow too creazy right now XD but looks like what Bon-chan was showing us

I know that most of people that want Whitebeard to die, also want to see this. But that most likly won't ever happen, cause we won't see most of that war going on.
There is a certain level of badass that we aren't allowed to see just yet. We can see DF abilities of the strongest, but not their full strenght.
There were two top level fights already and we didn't see nothing much up there. First one was Shanks vs Whitebeard that suggest that their fight affected the wheater but except for that we didn't see a thing.
We also saw Kizaru vs Reylish(sp) and except for few quick sword fighting there was nothing.

Us seeing Whitebeard or any admiral fight at their 100% is not going to happen.
Old 2009-03-25, 07:06   Link #64
SamuraiX

Send a message via MSN to SamuraiX
Quote:

Spoiler:

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit after seeing that picture, its that scary. But sounds like one crazy chapter I love how nobody can withstand Nami's charms lol and the fact that Bon Clay still uses her face and body to seduce people is hilarious, though I wonder why he never turns into Vivi.
Old 2009-03-25, 07:07   Link #65
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
hahahahah, nobody can resist the power of MELORIIINE~
But seriously, Ivan is scary as hell
Old 2009-03-25, 07:20   Link #66
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiX View Post
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit after seeing that picture, its that scary. But sounds like one crazy chapter I love how nobody can withstand Nami's charms lol and the fact that Bon Clay still uses her face and body to seduce people is hilarious, though I wonder why he never turns into Vivi.

IIRC, Bon never touched her face. I don't think he's touched Robin's, either. I guess that Nami is the most attractive woman he can transform into at the moment, lol

Also, I wonder if Iva's "Death Wink" has to do with his possible DF power.... cuz to be honest, I think the whole reflect/deflecting things sounds a bit too similar to Kuma's ability. That is, unless Iva has the powers of the mirror mirror fruit or something (which would kinda explain how he's able to transform people into their opposite gender).....

Edit: LOL, just now I noticed that there's an okama Pandaman dancing with Ivankov.
Old 2009-03-25, 08:34   Link #67
marvelB

Nearly forgot to mention this, but.... it's nice to know that we now have confirmation of there being floors beyond level 5 after all. Maybe Iva will lead Luffy and Bon Clay to level 6 after they've both fully recovered.....

Also, I kinda hope that the guy who appeared at the end of last chapter comes back.... I feel that his design is too unique for him to be a mere background character.....
Old 2009-03-25, 09:40   Link #68
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos

the black and white will play a role in the future. he had such a cool entrance. i wonder whether he is part of iva san gang or is just a mysterious character tt happen to chance upon luffy and bon chan and then drop them off at iva san place.
Old 2009-03-25, 09:44   Link #69
d3ad3r

There is no level 5.5. At least there's nowhere saying there is.
The script says level 5, 5 newcomers or something. not level 5.5
Old 2009-03-25, 10:21   Link #70
Rainbowman

Quote:
Nearly forgot to mention this, but.... it's nice to know that we now have confirmation of there being floors beyond level 5 after all. Maybe Iva will lead Luffy and Bon Clay to level 6 after they've both fully recovered.....
I saw the true description of Iva, SCARY!

Quote:
Also, I kinda hope that the guy who appeared at the end of last chapter comes back.... I feel that his design is too unique for him to be a mere background character.....
This may sound like speculation, but perhaps that black/white character could be Roche Tomson, a name I saw on onepiece.wikia.com on the Impel Down location page.
Old 2009-03-25, 10:26   Link #71
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3ad3r View Post
There is no level 5.5. At least there's nowhere saying there is.
The script says level 5, 5 newcomers or something. not level 5.5
Look at the top right here (this image was already posted in this thread):

It's not the best quality but it definitely says:
L
E
V
E
L
Old 2009-03-25, 10:42   Link #72
marvelB

^In addition to that, the full script for the chapter just appeared, and it clearly says "Level 5.5", as well. Now to wait for a translation......

Edit: LOL, it looks like the chapter title is something like "French Hell". I guess THAT'S the hell level 5.5 represents.....

Oh, and there's a colorspread this week (though there's no picture of it available now).

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-03-25 at 11:02.
Old 2009-03-25, 11:29   Link #73
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
^In addition to that, the full script for the chapter just appeared, and it clearly says "Level 5.5", as well. Now to wait for a translation......
Taking a brief look over it. The title seems to be "A Buddha in Hell" (ie an oasis in a desert)

LOL Hannyabal is pretty dumb. Like Aokiji said, I guess Nami really is capable of "nou-satsu" (brain frying)

Seems like Magellan is still "on the throne" - as well as groaning he comments that he used too much poison.

Looks like floors 2 and 3 are pretty much back to normal... and Sadi's hunting for Bon-chan. (No mention of Mr 3 and Buggy that I can see)

When Bon-chan wakes up, the person he talks to (called Inazuma which means lightning in Japanese) says they were monitoring his adventures (they hacked into the security system?). Bon-chan doesn't believe initially that he's still in Impel Down since it's like a paradise - he fears he's already died. Inazuma seems to be the person who we saw at the end of the last chapter - seems to be the one who brought Luffy and Bon-chan here anyway.

Iwa-san pretty much says all the prisoners here are the missing ones referenced last week that the jailers thought were dragged to hell.

That person who fires a bullet (?) at Iwa-san was seeking revenge - apparently he was the prince in a particular Kingdom where Iwa-san made the King into an okama. The ex-prince ended up becoming a pirate. After turning the attacker into a girl (that's where the "female hormone" line comes from) Iwa-san says that the King actually wanted to become female

Anyway, Bon-chan is delighted to meet Iwa-san and begs him to save Luffy from Magellan's poison. Iwa asks Bon-chan why he thinks he injuries are gone - because Luffy begged Iwa to save Bon-chan. Iwa was very impressed with this since friendship cannot bloom in a prison - he tells Bon-chan that he started healing Luffy 10 hours ago. Luffy's been kept in the cave the whole time and been screaming the whole time...

btw, Iwa has an even more extreme way of speaking than Bon-chan. He seems to refer to himself as "vataashi" for example.
Old 2009-03-25, 11:36   Link #74
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

ahh so the Pandaman on the prisoner roster before is an okama comrade

well good to know Iva's just as crazy as I thought he would be
Old 2009-03-25, 11:43   Link #75
james0246

LOL, Iva is Tim Curry from Rocky Horror . I love the chaos in this chapter. I have got to give props to Oda for taking what should have been a calming/boring transitional chapter, and turning it into a dance party.
Old 2009-03-25, 11:58   Link #76
kari-no-sugata

Okay, it looks like Iwa can turn guys into girls. He can probably turn girls into guys too.

So-o-o-o... who would you like to see gender-bent?

Ace and Crocodile might be the most interesting...
Old 2009-03-25, 12:00   Link #77
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
That person who fires a bullet (?) at Iwa-san was seeking revenge - apparently he was the prince in a particular Kingdom where Iwa-san made the King into an okama. The ex-prince ended up becoming a pirate. After turning the attacker into a girl (that's where the "female hormone" line comes from) Iwa-san says that the King actually wanted to become female

Hahaha, wow. Funny to see how even rulers can be closet trannies.

Anyway, I'm also assuming that this Inazuma character is the black and white guy from last chapter... after all, he did have that lightning scar/tattoo on his face. I'm really hoping that he'll lend Luffy and Bentham a hand in rescuing Ace....

Quote:
Anyway, Bon-chan is delighted to meet Iwa-san and begs him to save Luffy from Magellan's poison. Iwa asks Bon-chan why he thinks he injuries are gone - because Luffy begged Iwa to save Bon-chan. Iwa was very impressed with this since friendship cannot bloom in a prison - he tells Bon-chan that he started healing Luffy 10 hours ago. Luffy's been kept in the cave the whole time and been screaming the whole time...

Damn, Luffy's got it rough.... but it's still no surprise that he was more concerned for his friend's safety. Once again I gotta wonder how Luffy will be able to save Ace in time (if he's able to, that is)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Okay, it looks like Iwa can turn guys into girls. He can probably turn girls into guys too.

So-o-o-o... who would you like to see gender-bent?

Ace and Crocodile might be the most interesting...

I wanna see Luffy get a gender switcheroo. I'm hoping..... hoping, that he'll transform into Luffyzaki the Obahan.
Old 2009-03-25, 12:59   Link #78
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:

Spoiler:

Naw the last guy seems more like Cruella DeVille mixed with Truman Capote but what's Dr. Frankenfurter doing in One Piece!? Seriously, Iva-San looks like someone from out of the Rocky Horror Picture Show!

EDIT: Damn, James beat me to it!
Old 2009-03-25, 13:02   Link #79
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Damn, Luffy's got it rough.... but it's still no surprise that he was more concerned for his friend's safety. Once again I gotta wonder how Luffy will be able to save Ace in time (if he's able to, that is)....
Iwa is saying Luffy needs *another* 2 days to recover. But since we don't see Luffy's current state (I think), it could be that he's doing better than expected.

I wonder if Bon-chan will mention Luffy's "miracle" (how he refers to it in this chapter) to Iwa-san... (The miracle being how Luffy scared off the wolves)

Quote:
I wanna see Luffy get a gender switcheroo. I'm hoping..... hoping, that he'll transform into Luffyzaki the Obahan.
You'll need Jewellery to age him... her as well though.

Luffy might end up looking like this: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...4&postcount=36
(warning, not for weak of mind...)

If Luffy did get turned female, I can imagine him casually ignoring it Funny thought - Luffy-chan gets to where Ace is, saying she's there to save him as his younger brother. Ace would probably think he's lost his own mind
Old 2009-03-25, 13:39   Link #80
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Couldn't agree more.I'll never understand why people like Ace so much (except yaoi fangirls) , Behind all tough/cool guy attitude, he is nothing more than an overconfident idiot.He is not a character, but more likely a walking devil fruit for me.
He's not overconfident, he's just calm, and he is far from an idiot, an idiot what Luffy is. I would call Luffy overconfident if it was not for Oda explaining in an sbs the reason why Luffy ain't afraid of nothing/thinks he can beat anyone, is because he's a moron. Ace is the Second Fleet Commander on the worlds most powerful Pirates ship. If you mean "he's a walking devil" as in Ace would not be where he is in the world, was not for eating a logia fruit, your wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canon
Van Auger: I had always thought the Power Users were a brittle lot,
over-relying on their Powers and helpless without them.
But I see that when it comes to Whitebeard's own battle commander...
The man excels in basic battle ability as well...!!!
Today brings us yet another branch...
On the path of fate...
Not to mention he equaled Jinbei. When he didn't have the flame powers, he was able to beat Luffy, The best thing I like about Ace is that he ain't a coward, and he handles his always, unless its a food bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
that dude from last chapter wasn't creazy enough, but he at least was cool, and Iva is somehow too creazy right now XD but looks like what Bon-chan was showing us

I know that most of people that want Whitebeard to die, also want to see this. But that most likly won't ever happen, cause we won't see most of that war going on.
There is a certain level of badass that we aren't allowed to see just yet. We can see DF abilities of the strongest, but not their full strenght.
There were two top level fights already and we didn't see nothing much up there. First one was Shanks vs Whitebeard that suggest that their fight affected the wheater but except for that we didn't see a thing.
We also saw Kizaru vs Reylish(sp) and except for few quick sword fighting there was nothing.

Us seeing Whitebeard or any admiral fight at their 100% is not going to happen.
Tho I would usually agree, I have to disagree. Oda Showed the Ace vs Blackbeard fight and then told us, that it was a trigger to a event that will change things. Oda will keep showing the battles that have to do with this event, and the war is apart of this event, thus will be shown. Last but not least, if one of my favorite characters and Pirate crews is going to battle and lose, Oda better as hell shown this fight and let all his readers know why they are the strongest!!!!!!

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-03-25 at 14:05.
Closed Thread