AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-10, 15:16   Link #1
marvelB

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Quote:
-Continued from last chapter, Chopper warns Sanji not to turn around. But, Sanji, every a man’s man, explains that fear of death will not stop him from achieving his dreams. As Sanji turns around, he notices the beauty of the recently regurgitated Princess, and is immediately petrified.

-Luffy submits to the villagers, and allows himself to be tied up. After he is tied up, Van Der Decken arrives and proposes to Shirahoshi. As the villagers begin to panic, Luffy unleashes a burst of Haki to calm the crowd, and then, while still tied up, uses a quick two-legged kick that buries Van Der Decken in the ground (or the side of a hill…it is unclear).

-As Shirahoshi breaks Luffy’s bonds (why couldn’t Luffy?), Wadatsumi appears. Luffy delivers a quick Jet Pistol to the gigantic Giant, seemingly knocking out the giant.

-Luffy and company then depart to the forest (where Jinbei is currently located).

-Cut to Nami and Keimi, who have escaped the palace and are on their way to the same forest. They are searching for someone...

-Cut to Hodi v. Zoro. Hodi is seen bleeding, but Zoro appears unscathed. Chapter ends with Hodi giving Zoro the Arlong-Crazy-Blood-Lust Eyes.

Last edited by james0246; 2011-03-16 at 00:04.
Old 2011-03-15, 09:05   Link #2
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
By petrified, do you mean like.... "Hancock" petrified?

On another note...... poor Decken. Neeeeever stood a chance.
Old 2011-03-15, 09:44   Link #3
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Wow, Vander Decken was taken out with a single hit. I s'pose he could've had his guard down though.

Looks like Sanji is gonna be out for a while. No idea how he's gonna recover from this.

Too bad it skips over Hodi and Zoro's fight, or part of it anyway.
Old 2011-03-15, 10:55   Link #4
Blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
By petrified, do you mean like.... "Hancock" petrified?

On another note...... poor Decken. Neeeeever stood a chance.
Wouldn't suprise me if sanji is petrified hancock style.
Old 2011-03-15, 11:09   Link #5
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Wait, we're actually getting a chapter this week? That's a nice surprise.
Old 2011-03-15, 11:44   Link #6
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Wow, Vander Decken was taken out with a single hit. I s'pose he could've had his guard down though.
I highly doubt he was taken out with a single hit. They probably escaped him while he was still stuck in the ground/hill. He'll be quick to retaliate, I'm sure.
Old 2011-03-15, 11:57   Link #7
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Wait, we're actually getting a chapter this week? That's a nice surprise.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I kinda thought that SJ might be delayed due to the recent disaster, but I guess those quakes just can't keep a good comic company down (and we even get early spoilers as a bonus)!

Anyway..... poor Sanji. I guess only okamas can save his life again now. Luffy using Haki and beating up both Decken and Wadatsumi sounds cool too, but I'm pretty sure he only temporarily incapacitated the both of them (I definitely don't see Decken going down so easily, at the very least....). Also looks like most of the crew are going to meet each other at the sea forest now (kinda surprised that Nami didn't stay behind to face Jones, but I'm sure she has her reasons since the summary says she's searching for someone)......

As for Zoro vs. Jones, I'm pretty much expecting the princes to bail Zoro out of this battle after all, especially since the summary seems to imply that Hody is about to go all Devil Trigger on him. Besides, how else is Zoro gonna find the forest by his lonesome?
Old 2011-03-15, 12:17   Link #8
d3ad3r

Am I the only one thinking that Nami went to the Sea Forest to get info on Hodi from Jinbe? And I believe the spoilers said only Luffy, Shirahoshi and Megalo continued their journey to the Sea Forest, so maybe Chopper will take on Wadatsumi and Sanji on VDD to protect the princess.
Old 2011-03-15, 12:33   Link #9
marvelB

^I'd have to wait for the full chap for confirmation, but I kinda had the impression that Luffy took Chopper and Sanji along with him to the forest, as well (and I guess that would include Hachi too, since he was in the area)......

BTW, it also looks like a special one-shot crossover chapter between OP and Toriko has been announced in order to promote the new anime feature. I love both series, so this is pretty dang sweet news to me!
Old 2011-03-15, 12:47   Link #10
d3ad3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige
Camie and Nami gets out of the castle and heads for the Forest of Sea
Nami: I need to see Jinbei! Please take me to Forest of Sea!
And I was right. Jinbe is the person Nami is going to the Forest of Sea for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige
He gets on Megalo, and they (Princess and Luffy) head to the Forest of Sea
No mention of Sanji, Hacchi or Chopper. I'm guessing Hacchi still being wounded, he can't move around and Chopper will stay with him because he's the doctor. Sanji is useless if he's near the princess, so yeah...
But it seems VDD is still chasing after the princess, so Sanji is for the moment useless in any and every way possible. Hope Oda gets him to do something awesome later in the arc. Some new skill like Blue Walk was. And Hodi might already be KO by Zoro. Even if that is the case, he'll surely come back pumped on steroids later on.
Old 2011-03-15, 13:01   Link #11
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Haha, Vander Decken got decked!

But I'm sure he'll be back in a while, it would be anticlimactic to have him taken out this early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
As Shirahoshi breaks Luffy’s bonds (why couldn’t Luffy?)
I'm sure he could have, but this will show the merfolk that the princess trusts him.
Old 2011-03-15, 13:11   Link #12
marvelB

^aohige's translation just confirmed that Decken continues his pursuit after Luffy kicked his ass, so yeah, he's definitely not down for the count yet. Still doubt that Wadatsumi's done for, either.....

And yeah, sounds like Zoro's pwning Hody, all right. Of course Jones will inevitably dope himself up, but it's still cool to know that Zoro can handle himself well enough underwater.....
Old 2011-03-15, 13:39   Link #13
kakakka

I think Zoro's need for air would even the fight a bit for Hodi... If he lasts that is...
Old 2011-03-15, 14:30   Link #14
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Noo Decken!

Somehow I didnt surprise much.Even thou he had a dark cursed theme, he was more of a goofy boss.But since Hodi is going postal on Zoro, Van is the only candidate that can rival Luffy.Im expecting Decken to wake up and go crazy on Luffy next week.Van wont be so happy after getting his ass kicked in front of her fiance.

Oh wait he's already awake lol.
Old 2011-03-15, 14:42   Link #15
Rainbowman

Highlights for this chapter:

*Sanji beholding Shirahoshi's beauty and becoming petrified. Sounds almost like a scene from Stanley Kubrik's "Clockwork Orange" situation wise.

*Luffy taking out Vanderdecken and Wadatsumi so he could help the princess escape. Nice.

*Nami asking Keimei to take her to the forest to meet with Jinbei. I'm not sure wether Nami was wanting info from Jinbe or giving him a beating knowing he once had Arlong in his crew.

*Zoro vs. Hordy Jones continues and Hordy has that crazed look of absolution.

Other than that, what was this week's cover story, or was there a color spread instead?
Old 2011-03-15, 20:45   Link #16
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I kinda thought that SJ might be delayed due to the recent disaster, but I guess those quakes just can't keep a good comic company down (and we even get early spoilers as a bonus)!

Anyway..... poor Sanji. I guess only okamas can save his life again now. Luffy using Haki and beating up both Decken and Wadatsumi sounds cool too, but I'm pretty sure he only temporarily incapacitated the both of them (I definitely don't see Decken going down so easily, at the very least....). Also looks like most of the crew are going to meet each other at the sea forest now (kinda surprised that Nami didn't stay behind to face Jones, but I'm sure she has her reasons since the summary says she's searching for someone)......

As for Zoro vs. Jones, I'm pretty much expecting the princes to bail Zoro out of this battle after all, especially since the summary seems to imply that Hody is about to go all Devil Trigger on him. Besides, how else is Zoro gonna find the forest by his lonesome?
You forgot that the new and improved zoro now has a navigation system that lets him find his way to the target location earlier than the rest of the crew

Wonder how badly is zoro bleeding. Getting mixed signals whether he is just bleeding ("for fun") or is he really having a hard time with Hody.

Actually from the arlong arc, going postal doesn't make him harder to fight. Just that the incidental damage to the surroundings increase exponentially.
Old 2011-03-15, 21:14   Link #17
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
You forgot that the new and improved zoro now has a navigation system that lets him find his way to the target location earlier than the rest of the crew

Wonder how badly is zoro bleeding. Getting mixed signals whether he is just bleeding ("for fun") or is he really having a hard time with Hody.

Actually from the arlong arc, going postal doesn't make him harder to fight. Just that the incidental damage to the surroundings increase exponentially.

Well, we also gotta take into account his drugs~
Old 2011-03-16, 00:01   Link #18
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Zoro is not bleeding. Hodi is.

Whoever said that made a translation mistake.
Old 2011-03-16, 03:57   Link #19
shankss
CP10

Hodi is already bleeding...Even if he is 45345234 times stronger than a half-drowning human underwater.This wont take long.
Old 2011-03-16, 04:04   Link #20
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

petrified is better than nosebleed.
Closed Thread