AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-12, 13:34   Link #21
Homura7

The Noah arc is about to crush Fishman Island. There's only one way to deflect and is by destroying it to pieces. Of course, when that happens Luffy will have destroyed the island.
Old 2011-07-12, 13:42   Link #22
yakumo-chan

the big question here is that how the hell did shirahoshi knew about this???
I have the feeling that shirahoshi dont like the humans too
Old 2011-07-12, 13:46   Link #23
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
the big question here is that how the hell did shirahoshi knew about this???
Either Coo or something new.
Old 2011-07-12, 13:53   Link #24
yakumo-chan

ALRIGHT I GET IT!!

It looks like Hodi has COO powers, since how the hell would he know that shirahoshi dont like what her mother is doing??

hodi said, "She was such a bother!!! right shirahoshi??"

the only reason for hodi to know shirahoshi's feelings is by using COO powers!

Hodi also said "It was inevitable that your mother was going to die, thats why I killed her?"

now how would he know that she was going to die anyway???

maybe its because hodi has COO powers and he have read Otohime's mind, meaning Otohime's life was already been made when the contract was going on, and the humans will kill her after the agreement of humans and fishmans lived together.
Old 2011-07-12, 14:48   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
She was there too. Maybe she did see what happened?
What i was thinking. She wasn't all that big at that point, so hiding would be a possibility. She probably didn't say anything until now because of shock.
Old 2011-07-12, 14:54   Link #26
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Yeah, Shirahoshi quite possibly saw what happened and simply didn't say anything out of shock or maybe she repressed the memory.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-07-12, 15:00   Link #27
Homura7

Or she probaby knew because at a certain point she had a talk with Hody about Otohime's ideals and such, and who knows, maybe she told him she didn't like what her mother was doing?
Old 2011-07-12, 15:29   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
The Noah arc is about to crush Fishman Island. There's only one way to deflect and is by destroying it to pieces. Of course, when that happens Luffy will have destroyed the island.
Don't they just need to stop the momentum of the ship to cancel out Decken's power? Luffy never had to destroy any of the weapons thrown at Shirahoshi, he deflected them once and that was the end of it. Besides, the ship is only heading towards Fishman island because Shirahoshi is there. It makes absolutely no sense to destroy the island.
Old 2011-07-12, 15:34   Link #29
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

this chapter is really bad writing form Oda. he probably wants Luffy to take down hody but did have to nerf jinbei like this.

and I call it, Hody killed the queen.
Old 2011-07-12, 15:41   Link #30
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Don't they just need to stop the momentum of the ship to cancel out Decken's power? Luffy never had to destroy any of the weapons thrown at Shirahoshi, he deflected them once and that was the end of it.
"Noir" is to large to deflect, and even if it's momentum is stopped, it would still fall on the Island. So, the momentum needs to be stopped, but the ship itself needs to also be supported so that it doesn't fall or fall apart.

I'm going to guess that Shiraboshi will call on some Uber Sea Kings to take care of Noir...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
he probably wants Luffy to take down hody but did have to nerf jinbei like this.
Agreed. I expected Jinbei to fail, but this was quite bad.

Quote:
I think most of us did .
Old 2011-07-12, 16:02   Link #31
Homura7

Which is the best and the fastest way to crush an entire island in seconds? Just destroy a huge arc half of the size of Fishman Island. The fallen debris will do the rest.

Decken wants to destroy the island entirely, but in the end it will be Luffy who will destroy it. Oh, the irony...

I can't wait to see the face Hody makes when the island falls apart. His 10 year plan of taking over the kingdom ruined in the blink of an eye

About Jinbe, I'm pretty sure he will break out of the chains next chapter.
Old 2011-07-12, 16:28   Link #32
Rainbowman

Review time:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-Chapter title is "I knew it". The ministory takes place at Whiskey Peak, where Mr. 9 and Ms. Monday get married and even have a kid(!!!).
It's good that they survived. I wonder if their real names are revealed?

Quote:
-Jinbei and Shirahoshi arrive at the plaza, and come across a fake Neptune. Meanwhile, it's revealed that the three princes are defeated and captured by Hody's gang. The rest of the pirates are eager for their execution, and Hody himself wonders what's going on with Decken, as he's well aware of Shira's legend.
I wonder how fake that decoy is?

Quote:
-Speaking of the princess, she causes herself and Jinbei to get captured by the pirates as well. Now almost everyone is gathered at the plaza, except for the Straw-Hats and Decken. Hody explains that the size of his crew is consisted of 70,000 fish-pirates, as well as 30,000 human pirates, and is still continuing to grow. At that moment, Madam Shirley appears, and tells Hody not to get cocky, as the island destruction prophecy will prevent him from ruling the island. Hody then shoots her with the water shot he used last chapter, which surprises Shirahoshi. It turns out that Shirley is Arlong's sister(!!!!). Hody then explains that his plan was in the making for a decade. He reveals that he was the murderer of queen Otohime, and had the human pirate set fire to the petition in order to create a diversion so he could kill her during the confusion. He then made the pirate the scapegoat afterwards. The crowd is shocked by Hody's confession, but a crying Shirahoshi says she suspected him of the murder all along......
If Shirley is Arlong's sister, would that somehow make her a traitor? Other than that, it's surprising how villains like Hody would use a scapegoat to do his dirty work.

Quote:
-Meanwhile, Decken sets his anti-Luffy plan in motion. He throws the entire Noah ship at Shirahoshi. It turns out that the ship is literally half the size of merman island....!!!
I wonder if this is a part of his Devil Fruit powers or if it's due to the strength most fishmen would have.

Quote:
Speaking of that, just wanna get this out of the way first: OP will be on break next week, so don't expect to see the next chapter thread until around the 26th or 27th. I repeat: There is no new chapter next week.
Until then, I'll be enjoying movies like Captain America and the 2nd half of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows.
Old 2011-07-12, 17:53   Link #33
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Review time:
I wonder how fake that decoy is?
It's very fake actually

Quote:
If Shirley is Arlong's sister, would that somehow make her a traitor?
How so?

Quote:
Other than that, it's surprising how villains like Hody would use a scapegoat to do his dirty work.
Wait. Isnt that pretty normal for any villain. To have underlings that work for them

Quote:
I wonder if this is a part of his Devil Fruit powers or if it's due to the strength most fishmen would have.
It's his DF power. No question about that. If most fishman had that power I'd be worried

Quote:
Until then, I'll be enjoying movies like Captain America and the 2nd half of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows.
Can't wait for Harry Potter
Old 2011-07-12, 18:23   Link #34
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I don't get how a couple of people here are seriously considering that a SIX YEAR OLD Shirahoshi had some kind of secret conversation with Hody about her mother being a bother or whatever...

People are reading way way WAY into this.
Shirahoshi didn't show signs of COO, she flinched when she saw someone getting shot...she's a 16 year old princess who spent the last 10 years stuck in a tower...
Hody is a typical villain, doing his typical evil rant trying to show how much of an evil badass mastermind he is. The "She was such a bother! Right Shirahoshi" thing was just him being an asshole towards the princess.
And Hody doesn't have COO just because he said the queen was going to die anyway...he was saying exactly the same thing a person on the opposite side of a protesting group would say, he was merely saying that she was an obstacle that he needed to remove eventually.

Jesus...some people and their conspiracy theories based on a couple of words...

Besides, Shirahoshi either saw Hody and repressed the memory or used those 10 years of boredom to think long and hard about it...
Old 2011-07-12, 20:18   Link #35
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 632
That was a very cool chapter. A lot of secrets revealed and big surprises were revealed. Madam Shirley the sister of Arlong. Shirahoshi knew the killer all along. Jinbi getting caught is not looking good for him. First time I saw hodi in his hulk form he seemed changed in attitude but now he still seems to be the same person before the change. Madam Shirley got him mad when she mentioned Luffy has the one who will destroy the Island. Hody is the same has he ever was and that is overconfident.

Shirahoshi and possible Kenbushoku Haki?
Some people have mention about haki on the forum. I wonder if Shirahoshi was able to use Kenbunshoku Haki at the time or awakened her haki during the mothers death. Just like Cobi all the stress and death in the war finally got to him and he awakened it and started hearing voices. I wonder if a similar case happened to Shirahoshi when her mother died, then suddenly her haki awakens and she startes hearing voices including the killer's voice. Her mother did use Kenbushoku haki so for her to awaken it would not be a surprise. I wonder if the mother new has well who did it? Did she hear the voices of the killer as well? I wonder if Shirahoshi as always had Kenbushoku Haki?

Last edited by grey_1960; 2011-07-12 at 20:43.
Old 2011-07-12, 20:58   Link #36
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
HAHAHA... I think the reason of Noah's boat is to save all fishman by riding that boat!

just like the fairy tale of Noah's Arc, where he saves all animals by riding his boat!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelCreek View Post
YES! That's a good theory!! And Shirahoshi can lead the way because its following her! Love it.
I also think this would be what actually will happen.

Luffy let Shirahoshi's emotions run wild and she call the Sea King and destroy the island. Then the Arc come and save everyone with Shirahoshi leading the way to the surface
Old 2011-07-12, 21:37   Link #37
yakumo-chan

Quote:
this chapter is really bad writing form Oda. he probably wants Luffy to take down hody but did have to nerf jinbei like this.

nah... Oda never fails me, One piece is the best fucking manga i've ever read!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Chapter 632
Just like Cobi all the stress and death in the war finally got to him and he awakened it and started hearing voices.
actually no, Cobi awakens his haki because Luffy uses his haki when he screams.....
everyone fainted.... and cobi actually caught the effect

some of the fainted people might have awaken their haki too, some dont

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

if a fishman to join the SH crew what would his/her goals? everyone in the SH crew has a goal for the reason they join the crew,

the goal might be to know humans, or to make humans and fishman join together happily

Last edited by james0246; 2011-07-13 at 00:59.
Old 2011-07-12, 23:06   Link #38
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
There has never been any evidence that I know of that has pointed to that conclusion. You will have to show me if there is. So far all the haki users have been civilizations who have used it, blood related, the people who have the D. (except for Black Beard), and people with strong ambitions. Cobi was never even near Luffy when it happened any ways. Second there are know evidence that Haki users can awaken haki in others except for making them aware of it and training them on it like Rayliegh did for Luffy.

Cobi's Haki
Cobi seemed to turn his on when he was stressed or shaken by the events around him. His fellow marines were dying. Luffy and Ace's haki all turned on when someone they cared about was about to die. Luffy activated his when in the Amazon arch when Gorgon sister were about to kill Margareta. Luffy used it again when Ace was about to be executed. Ace use his when the blue jam pirates were about to kill Luffy. Luffy, Ace, and Coby's case have one thing in common and that is they don't even realize that they have awaken there haki, can't even control it, and don't understand events after they use it.

Conclusion
I know all being have haki and there are two ways to bring out your haki. One is the high motion and wanting to protect someone, and the second is someone teaching you about it. Other then that I have never seen one haki user use his haki on another to awaken that person's haki. I don't know how many of the top tiers have waken there but so far. Who know if there are other ways. But I don't think Luffy awakened Coby's haki like the one your stating.

Haki
It is kind of weird with haki. For the ones who know about haki it is like there 6th sense and part of them. But for the ones who aren't aware of it, it is like the bodies last ditch effort when all else has failed. It almost like real life when people do extraordinary thing under crazy time and seems to defy logic or the human capabilities. We know a lot about haki but there are still more question too. Like the D. intials, the people who fought the WG centuries ago, then you have the out bursts, next are the civilizations like skypeia, and the biggest question of all is Gold D. Rogers. He seems to be at the center of all of it. Many things Rayleigh told the straw hat crew and the notes on the Glyphs are not adding up right now. There are still much to be filled in. I wonder what conclusion Robin drawing to with all of here research up till now? What did White Beard and Rogers talk about when White Beard asked about the D. initials? I wonder if Dr. VegaPunk has drawn any conclusion or can shed more light on it? I wonder if Franky found any research on haki during his two years at the Dr. VegaPunk's lab?

Last edited by grey_1960; 2011-07-12 at 23:33. Reason: More thoughts
Old 2011-07-13, 00:41   Link #39
d3ad3r

I'm curious, why wouldn't Hody try and stop Noah himself? If it hits, it kills Shirahoshi, so all's well and good, but then if the island gets destroyed, he won't have anything to rule over.
So again, why Luffy? Why not Hody? He should be plenty strong by now, and can always pop some pills to get even stronger.
Old 2011-07-13, 02:33   Link #40
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
^
There has never been any evidence that I know of that has pointed to that conclusion. You will have to show me if there is. So far all the haki users have been civilizations who have used it, blood related, the people who have the D. (except for Black Beard), and people with strong ambitions. Cobi was never even near Luffy when it happened any ways. Second there are know evidence that Haki users can awaken haki in others except for making them aware of it and training them on it like Rayliegh did for Luffy.
oh you're right.... I misunderstood the sentence in this page...

Spoiler for picture:

I thought when he said "Shock" he means luffy's shout.... sorry about the wrong statement

Last edited by yakumo-chan; 2011-07-13 at 06:18.
Closed Thread