AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-03-20, 11:38   Link #61
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

What happens if a edo person uses 8 gates? Perma demi-godhood without side effects?

And I'm really quite surprised none of the Kuroha kages or other ninjas learnt the 8 gates. Seems like something every high level ninja should learn in case he needs it.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 11:40   Link #62
Typeblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
Wow, some of you guys are really reaching here... Why are you guys so adamant about him getting this rinnegan power, especially considering all he already has?
You are wrong...I actually don't care if Naruto gets the Rinnegan. In fact I would prefer if he didn't. I was just trying to prove a point that it was possible for him to attain it.
Old 2014-03-20, 12:14   Link #63
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
Wow, some of you guys are really reaching here... Why are you guys so adamant about him getting this rinnegan power, especially considering all he already has?
I don't WANT him to get a Rinnegan. I'm just saying that I can see excuses for him to gain them if it's written that way. Personally, I'd prefer Naruto win based on his own power, and the assists of the tailed beasts
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 12:51   Link #64
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
I don't WANT him to get a Rinnegan. I'm just saying that I can see excuses for him to gain them if it's written that way. Personally, I'd prefer Naruto win based on his own power, and the assists of the tailed beasts
Don't forget the assist of Tenten and Shikamaru and the others, she's already examining the Sof6paths' legendary weapons, and Shika surely will have some ideas how to combine the different things into one strategy.

I'm sure Kishimoto doesn't want Naruto to become a god like the sage was, that would not only be too much out of character for Naruto but also it would detach him too much from the rest of the people, and if he is so much detached there's no room for any further interesting interactions. But it's also clear that he and Sasuke will be much stronger than the other people, but becoming gods is really not interesting, that would mean the end of the manga since there wouldn't be anything interesting to tell us any more.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 13:48   Link #65
JustRob

Well, after Madara is done, what interesting is there to tell us anymore? This confrontation is what the entire manga has been building up to. Once it's over, what's left to tell?
Old 2014-03-20, 14:37   Link #66
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Well, after Madara is done, what interesting is there to tell us anymore? This confrontation is what the entire manga has been building up to. Once it's over, what's left to tell?
Naruto could have to face a revived Sage of the Six Paths, who comes just as the war ends, sees that there is war in his world, and vows to destroy it so that he can rebuild a better world. Naruto then has to fight to protect the world he made.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 14:44   Link #67
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
Naruto could have to face a revived Sage of the Six Paths, who comes just as the war ends, sees that there is war in his world, and vows to destroy it so that he can rebuild a better world. Naruto then has to fight to protect the world he made.
But that would be the same thing all over again. AGAIN a guy using the Rinnegan and the tailed beasts to create a so-called "better world". It's the exact same thing as what Madara is trying to do now.
Old 2014-03-20, 15:06   Link #68
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typeblue View Post
[...] I was just trying to prove a point that it was possible for him to attain it.
Was that your point? I never said it was impossible; just that it wouldn't make sense based on the reasons given, and gave one logical development according to what we were told in the story thus far. If Kishimoto wanted to, pretty much anyone can attain it, at least by surgery if we're talking about whats "possible"; thats a given :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Don't forget the assist of Tenten and Shikamaru and the others, she's already examining the Sof6paths' legendary weapons, and Shika surely will have some ideas how to combine the different things into one strategy.

I'm sure Kishimoto doesn't want Naruto to become a god like the sage was, that would not only be too much out of character for Naruto but also it would detach him too much from the rest of the people, and if he is so much detached there's no room for any further interesting interactions.
I truly wonder if you were able to type these sentences with a straight face.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 15:53   Link #69
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
What happens if a edo person uses 8 gates? Perma demi-godhood without side effects?

And I'm really quite surprised none of the Kuroha kages or other ninjas learnt the 8 gates. Seems like something every high level ninja should learn in case he needs it.
I'm pretty sure the Edo would collapse after the Eight Gates ended. Remember the Edo Jinchuriki? They were incapacitated by the normally lethal extraction of a Bijuu.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 16:55   Link #70
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Commander View Post
I truly wonder if you were able to type these sentences with a straight face.
So you think any collaboration between Naruto/Sasuke and the rest is forced and fake? Sure there is truth in the fact that what we saw earlier was more like they were getting in the way and forcibly made relevant, but in the end i liked the overall result. It's a matter of taste i guess. In this manga some characters were always overpowered, from the start. It starts with one legendary hero saving the village from some legendary 9 tailed demon. That didn't sound like anyone else did anything, other than dying. So i don't think that this collaboration between Naruto and the rest would stand out. Unless of course if Naruto becomes some kind of godlike guy like the original sage was, and that was my point in the previous post that he should not become godlike because that would distance him too much from the rest making any sort of collaboration pointless.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 18:11   Link #71
Avaricia
My Lord

another bullshit Naruto chapter. Gai shouldn't have been able to injure Madara. Madara annihilated the alliance and 5 KAges.

Eight Gates = On the level of Kage

Madara annihilated the kages on his edo tensei normal form, while now he's on Sage of Six Paths he gets vulnerable instead?

This guy is worse than Mashima and Kubo. Pulling black balls and chakra rods in his ass
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 20:54   Link #72
Cookie-Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
another bullshit Naruto chapter. Gai shouldn't have been able to injure Madara. Madara annihilated the alliance and 5 KAges.

Eight Gates = On the level of Kage

Madara annihilated the kages on his edo tensei normal form, while now he's on Sage of Six Paths he gets vulnerable instead?

This guy is worse than Mashima and Kubo. Pulling black balls and chakra rods in his ass
Lol i don't think it works that way.

Gai has the strength of 5 kages combined. Not the strength of a team of 5 kages.

For example. I could kick the shit out of 10 x (12 year old kids). Even though theres 10 of them, they would stand no chance.

Even if they all worked as team, the strength of each 12 year old is not enough do really do anything to me. And they would get hurt very easily. I would punch them out one by one.

On the other hand ... if there was 1 monster kid that had the physical strength of all ten of the kids combined in his body .... he might hurt me bad

A 12 year old boy can benchpress what ? 30 pounds? By their powers combined the monster kid would bench press 300 pounds. He would hurt me bad
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 07:53   Link #73
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie-Monster View Post
Lol i don't think it works that way.

Gai has the strength of 5 kages combined. Not the strength of a team of 5 kages.

For example. I could kick the shit out of 10 x (12 year old kids). Even though theres 10 of them, they would stand no chance.

Even if they all worked as team, the strength of each 12 year old is not enough do really do anything to me. And they would get hurt very easily. I would punch them out one by one.

On the other hand ... if there was 1 monster kid that had the physical strength of all ten of the kids combined in his body .... he might hurt me bad

A 12 year old boy can benchpress what ? 30 pounds? By their powers combined the monster kid would bench press 300 pounds. He would hurt me bad
wut? Season 1 Naruto and season 1 Shippuden HAS clearly stated that 8 gates gives you a power to rival a KAGE.. a KAGE not 5 Hokages. Come on now.
Old 2014-03-21, 08:00   Link #74
F3N1XAR21

Hey everyone I'm brand new here, just have a few thoughts roaming my brain.
1)Narutos birthday has yet to happen. What power up will he receive then. 2)Also when naruto comes back will he be able to share the kyubis chakra with Gai sensei thus saving him from the 8 gate death? 3) I'm still wondering once sasuke is revived what plan him and hashirama came up with, with the jutsu he taught sasuke ( because we all know sasuke is way to smart to just jump and surprise madara when he knows madara can since chakra with the rinnegan like any sharingan user can.)
F3N1XAR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 11:16   Link #75
Ramfi

My prediction is that

Obito might give his Rinnegan and Sharingan to naruto, and also just like the others said that naruto really didn't wake up, he was awake from another world, or maybe talking to someone.

Hashirama is still there, might be doing something or going to teach naruto,
Ramfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 12:02   Link #76
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
wut? Season 1 Naruto and season 1 Shippuden HAS clearly stated that 8 gates gives you a power to rival a KAGE.. a KAGE not 5 Hokages. Come on now.
Well the recent chapter said it's 5 Kage's combined,so Kishimoto changed his mind.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 14:11   Link #77
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Well the recent chapter said it's 5 Kage's combined,so Kishimoto changed his mind.
He pulled it out in his ass. He clearly knows that he gave too much power to Madara and now he's unstoppable. He doesn't even know how the alliance are gonna beat him, so he pulled a Mashima
Old 2014-03-21, 15:21   Link #78
JustRob

In Naruto chapter 85, Kakashi states that by opening all of the gates, for a short period of time you will gain strength that surpasses Hokage. In this chapter, he said that you can obtain 100 times your normal power, surpassing even the five Kage.

It can be seen as a minor inconsistency, but still, Kakashi never said in chapter 85 by how much you surpass the Hokage. And Lee opened five gates against Gaara, but from the past few chapters we can assume that there's a radical power difference between even seven and eight gates.
Old 2014-03-21, 18:26   Link #79
ChronoReverse

7 gates already lets Guy exceed Kisame who's at least Kage level (having the chakra of a Bijuu as well). Why on earth would you think 8 gates wouldn't be extreme?

The gates was always obviously a multiplier so someone like Guy who is REALLY strong in the first place would obviously be crazy powerful if he uses the Death gate.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 02:09   Link #80
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
So you think any collaboration between Naruto/Sasuke and the rest is forced and fake? Sure there is truth in the fact that what we saw earlier was more like they were getting in the way and forcibly made relevant, but in the end i liked the overall result. It's a matter of taste i guess. In this manga some characters were always overpowered, from the start. It starts with one legendary hero saving the village from some legendary 9 tailed demon. That didn't sound like anyone else did anything, other than dying. So i don't think that this collaboration between Naruto and the rest would stand out. Unless of course if Naruto becomes some kind of godlike guy like the original sage was, and that was my point in the previous post that he should not become godlike because that would distance him too much from the rest making any sort of collaboration pointless.
So...Naruto, in the last dozen chapters, hasn't been more or less a demi-god ? Are you even reading the manga ? He is/was literally keeping the entire alliance alive and relevant by giving them power boosts all the while fighting 6-path-Obito.

Let's be real here, Naruto is not one of the crowd and hasn't been for a long time now. Sasuke looks like a plebeian compared to him now. The amount of pants-on-retarded power levels Kishi has introduced in this war has made everybody, but a select few, completely irrelevant. Its a war of Titans, everybody else can go home and watch Frozen.

Last edited by Eragon; 2014-03-22 at 06:50.
Eragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion