AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-04-14, 19:03   Link #1141
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset View Post
Does Margaery really have a thing to gain from Joffrey's death?

I was under the impression that since they have no child, if he dies, the crown goes to his next brother in line, either Myrcella (of Dorne ) or the otehr two kids whose name nobody remembers.
That's correct; the next in line of the "Baratheon" family would rule after Joffrey's death. That would either be the king's son or the king's younger brother(s). So naturally, that would mean Tommen would continue the dynasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
If you ask me, someone was missing from this wedding.... Where was little finger? O_o
He was given Harrenhal after the Battle of Blackwater, and left for the Vale of Arryn sometime after.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 20:35   Link #1142
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset View Post
Does Margaery really have a thing to gain from Joffrey's death?

I was under the impression that since they have no child, if he dies, the crown goes to his next brother in line, either Myrcella (of Dorne ) or the otehr two kids whose name nobody remembers.
Joeffrey had two siblings. Tommen and Myrcella. As a boy, the throne would go to Tommen.

Though lets keep in mind. Royal/clan marriages in medieval societies are ALLOT more than just coupling. They're intense political alliances between clans/houses. The death one of member of the partnership won't stop the power brokers from wanting a union between the houses. Catherine wasn't originally married to Ned Stark. She was married to his older brother, but who ended up executed by the Mad King before she could bear any children. But since the Riverlands and the Starks still wanted a political alliance, Catherine remarried the next Stark in line, her ex-husbands younger brother. IRL, a similar arrangement happened with Catherine of Aragon and Henry 8th.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 21:06   Link #1143
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Tommen isn't of age yet, Queen regent is place in charge until the child becomes of age to wear the crown.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 00:39   Link #1144
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Didn't he sail off to the Vale or somewhere at the end of season 3?
Yes, he did. But then, little fingers have long reach sometimes...
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 00:41   Link #1145
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Tommen isn't of age yet, Queen regent is place in charge until the child becomes of age to wear the crown.
Actually, to clarify...

Spoiler for Minor Tommen novel spoiler but spoiler nonetheless:
Old 2014-04-15, 06:47   Link #1146
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
But then, little fingers have long reach sometimes...
Kinky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Actually, to clarify...
Wouldn't that mean Cersi or Tywin would be the regent, not Margaery?
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 07:47   Link #1147
Artful Dodger

When Robert Baratheon died, Joffery wasn't of age, and the hand of the king was supposed to step in as "protector of the realm" with all the powers of a king until the heir comes of age. I'm very doubtful the Lannisters are going to allow Margaery to become reagent. Cersei still called herself queen even at the party when she ordered the food to be fed to the dogs instead of the poor(why'd she do that?).

Besides, everyone is so used to serving Cersei as reagent and are quite afraid of her. And she seems to really hate Margaery.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 07:55   Link #1148
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

These are all very good questions that also happen to be very leading questions if you've read the books, so I'm not going to answer even in spoiler tags. Stay tuned.
Old 2014-04-15, 09:34   Link #1149
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
I'd be very surprised if he doesn't return to acting at some point.
I think that by 'retiring' he's being really smart, in that after bringing such a marvellously odious character as Joffrey to life, the last thing he wants to do is get typecast.

Taking time out to pursue an academic career, and as well as his charity work, is a good way to step away from the character and take time out.

Good luck to him, because he played his part brilliantly.
I love the actor. Jack is such a nice guy who can played such a cruel villain well.
Best wishes for his academic career.
Old 2014-04-15, 12:32   Link #1150
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
There is a delicious irony in calling your sword Widow's Wail the day of your marriage and dying that day.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 14:24   Link #1151
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

Were those Sigur Rós singing?
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 15:20   Link #1152
Byakou

Yep. I like this version a lot better than the other one that was in a previous season soundtrack, with some annoying raspy voice singer.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 20:42   Link #1153
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
[...]

2. Prince Obryn - The man actually admitted to Tyrion he didn't really come for the wedding, and hinted heavily that he came to avenge his family (e.g. "Lannisters aren't the only ones who pay their debts."). He also still has Cersei's daughter in Dorn, in case he's in danger.

[...]
If prince Obryn was to do it, he doesn't strike me as the type to do it so discretely. He'd want the Lannisters to know he did it, and I don't think I've seen anyone speak to Tywin the way he did at the reception. I'm very excited about this character for this season; from what I understand he's a skilled fighter as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Wouldn't that mean Cersi or Tywin would be the regent, not Margaery?
I'm thinking Tywin would step in to (officially)call the shots until Joffrey's brother came of age, and while Margaery should be the queen regent, I'm sure Cersei will use her influence muscle her out of the way somehow.

Unrelated... It seems as if Melisandre and her "lord of light" don't seem to know or care about Daenerys' doings. You'd think that she'd be seen as a viable threat to them considering her progress, and Melisandre would have called her name along with the other three during her ritual with the leeches. Do they not know, or simply not care? Perhaps the "lord of light" has actually been helping Daenerys?

Last edited by Midnight Commander; 2014-04-15 at 20:54.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 05:06   Link #1154
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Commander View Post

Unrelated... It seems as if Melisandre and her "lord of light" don't seem to know or care about Daenerys' doings. You'd think that she'd be seen as a viable threat to them considering her progress, and Melisandre would have called her name along with the other three during her ritual with the leeches. Do they not know, or simply not care? Perhaps the "lord of light" has actually been helping Daenerys?
That wouldn't surprise me. Varys's network of spy's is the closet thing that Westeros had for an international intelligence network, and that's situated firmly in Kings Landing. Especially since Kings landing is likely a bigger trade hub network with Easteros than the likes of Dragonstone...especially if traders are wanting to avoid it even more now due to the whole "ppl burning" thing. It might be awhile before they can get reliable confirmation of the things going on across the Narrow seas.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 10:24   Link #1155
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Commander View Post
I'm thinking Tywin would step in to (officially)call the shots until Joffrey's brother came of age, and while Margaery should be the queen regent, I'm sure Cersei will use her influence muscle her out of the way somehow.
Margaery has no right to the throne. She is not a blood relation, nor has she produced an heir. She merely married into royalty. Technically, she could be called a Dowager Queen (the same title used to apply to Cersei until Joffery married Margaery), but that only has whatever power the current King allows the title. Additionally, even if she had produced an heir, technically Tommen should be the Regent (just following the basic acts of succession found in the real world). The Lannisters have a habit of f-ing everything up though, so who knows what's going to happen.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 11:30   Link #1156
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakou View Post
Yep. I like this version a lot better than the other one that was in a previous season soundtrack, with some annoying raspy voice singer.
YouTube
Actually, That's a baritone voice and that version was sung Matt Berninger of the Rock band The National.
Plus Matt sounds suave.

YouTube
Old 2014-04-17, 07:24   Link #1157
killer3000ad

I didn't get the 'Sand' reference when Cersei was referring to Ellaria till I watched this explanation on how bastards of noble birth are named. So that's why Ramsay also has the surname of Snow. I almost thought he and Jon were related.
YouTube

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2014-04-17 at 10:19.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-17, 16:34   Link #1158
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Margaery has no right to the throne. She is not a blood relation, nor has she produced an heir. She merely married into royalty. Technically, she could be called a Dowager Queen (the same title used to apply to Cersei until Joffery married Margaery), but that only has whatever power the current King allows the title. Additionally, even if she had produced an heir, technically Tommen should be the Regent (just following the basic acts of succession found in the real world). The Lannisters have a habit of f-ing everything up though, so who knows what's going to happen.
Cersei was called the Queen Regent though, it was repeated several times this episode.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-17, 20:31   Link #1159
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, if you want to get technical about it Stannis probably had the best claim - that's why the eternally honorable Ned supported it despite not liking him. And for that matter it's been made obvious that Robert had a son older than Joffrey, and that Joffrey isn't his actual son. So the machinations are really practically driven, and the laws of succession - never mind the facts - just lip service.
Old 2014-04-17, 21:42   Link #1160
Hitenma
Behold! We are the Nine!

What? Officially Joffrey is Robert's eldest son, the bastards do not count.
No, Joffrey had the best claim to the throne, and after his death Tommen does.
Hitenma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game of thrones, hbo