AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 11 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 40.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 22.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-20, 09:50   Link #201
arkhangelsk

Rear engines might be a bit tough - it doesn't look armored, but by definition the nozzle would be designed to resist high temperatures and stresses. Besides, there's the problem of flying in against the reaction forces of the engine.
Old 2007-08-20, 09:51   Link #202
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Have we actually ever seen visible external engines though? The Cradle doesn't look like it has any
It does have glowing nozzles, IIRC they are pinkish.

Spoiler for Helo pilot spoilers:
Old 2007-08-20, 09:56   Link #203
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Spoiler for Helo pilot spoilers:
Spoiler for Reply:
Old 2007-08-20, 10:01   Link #204
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Spoiler for Reply:
Spoiler for geek time:

My opinion: Vice sucks at defensive heli piloting

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-08-20, 10:05   Link #205
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for geek time:

Oh. Mix up.

Anyway, the other thing is, Gadgets are a lot less acurate. The fact that there were two of them further reduced their hit rate due to the Anime Law of Inaccuracy of Numerous Cannon Fodder.
Old 2007-08-20, 10:05   Link #206
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Well it was a sneak attack back in episode 12 while this time Alto was on full alert

Then again, it's easier to chalk it down under the biasness that they all so willing displayed.
Old 2007-08-20, 10:08   Link #207
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Spoiler for Reply:
Spoiler for Helo Discussion:

Spoiler for Ray Storm:

Spoiler for Number 12:
Old 2007-08-20, 10:09   Link #208
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Spoiler for Ray Storm:
Lazy animators are LAZY
Old 2007-08-20, 10:09   Link #209
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Spoiler for Number 12:
Come to think of it, didn't Erio got hit at the back too? Man, that kid must be made of Gundam stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
More worried about Teana. Poor girl has some really stacked odds to overcome.

Then again, I just realised the Numbers have boxed themselves in with the Higurashi Hatchet Girl as a playmate In addition to her known ruthless streak [headshot to loli, crit. strikes to Nanoha, friendly fire incident, ect... ], she's also shown to be driven, resourceful as well as highly unconventional.

Still feel she can use her fakes though, the Number girls only found her out by disregarding her false attacks and narrowing in on the real ones. Good for Jail if he put that in [Numbers must be pissed it took so long ]. Cornered, injured and forced into some "out-of-the-box" thinking, I believe there will be an upcoming showcase on what a anime horror/thriller/slasher movie should look like...
This, I think, is a good time for Cross Mirage's final form to make its grand entrance. And if Tia has mastered that supposed Phantom **** skill, maybe that to can help turn the tide as well.

But at the end of the day, I still think she's gonna get out of this with sheer smart thinking. I might be biased, but so far the Numbers (other than Quatro and mayhaps Otto) don't seems to be very smart in terms of tactics as well (if most of the plans so far came directly from the Doc). Most of the time they do seem to rely on their unique abilities, pairing and element of surprise to throw out the opposition.

OT, but I was thinking: would StrikerS be better (and easier to manage) if the Forwards were Rare-Skill Users that have little to do with conventional magic? Subaru is already one (STKJ), Erio (human eel) and Carol (summoner) just need a bit of tweaking to achieve that status. Tia poses the most problem to this suggestion (despite the fact that she uses a rather unique form of Midchildan magic), but on the other hand this difficulty could also help to highlight her intelligence and give her even more development space (the good old "if this doesn't work, then I'll just make sure I make it work somehow!").

Signature by liro
Old 2007-08-20, 10:15   Link #210
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Lazy animators are LAZY
True, but I was going on suspension of disbelief? Besides, this is the grand finale battle series. Put the money into this, man!

Spoiler for Barrier:

Spoiler for Numbers Tactics:
Old 2007-08-20, 10:17   Link #211
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
OT, but I was thinking: would StrikerS be better (and easier to manage) if the Forwards were Rare-Skill Users that have little to do with conventional magic? Subaru is already one (STKJ), Erio (human eel) and Carol (summoner) just need a bit of tweaking to achieve that status. Tia poses the most problem to this suggestion (despite the fact that she uses a rather unique form of Midchildan magic), but on the other hand this difficulty could also help to highlight her intelligence and give her even more development space (the good old "if this doesn't work, then I'll just make sure I make it work somehow!").
Involvement of the conventional magic makes them more versatile and open for improvements, I don't think anything should've been changed here.
Old 2007-08-20, 10:19   Link #212
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Lazy animators are LAZY
Perhaps Ray Storm is counter-magic?

Think Mana Burn.

Quote:
Come to think of it, didn't Erio got hit at the back too? Man, that kid must be made of Gundam stuff.
Remember, he was kicked around by the Type-3 ...

Quote:
Illusion spells are considered rare as well, so basically all of the forwards weren't so 'ordinary' to begin with. They just didn't focus much on those abilities. I don't think they should get rid of the 'conventional' magic though, won't be as fun.
Old 2007-08-20, 10:20   Link #213
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
True, but I was going on suspension of disbelief? Besides, this is the grand finale battle series. Put the money into this, man!
They have ~4 episodes of action to be animated, it couldn't be perfect.

Quote:
Spoiler for Barrier:
Otto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Perhaps Ray Storm is Anti-magic?

Think Mana Burn.
But it caused considerable damage to RF6 HQ back then.
Old 2007-08-20, 10:22   Link #214
arkhangelsk

Quote:
They have ~4 episodes of action to be animated, it couldn't be perfect.

Otto
Thanks, thought it might be her.

Spoiler for EW capability:

Spoiler for Anti Sub Warfare:
Old 2007-08-20, 10:24   Link #215
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

But it caused considerable damage to RF6 HQ back then.
Or, she could have been controlling the output of the attacks.

EDIT: As in I scratch that anti-magic idea.
Old 2007-08-20, 10:28   Link #216
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Involvement of the conventional magic makes them more versatile and open for improvements, I don't think anything should've been changed here.
Perhaps, but it's the AMF issue that (for one) bothers me. From the start we are led to believe that AMF will play an important role in this story (RF6 was, IIRC, supposed to be formed of people who can fight better and normal magi, which may also include the Aces, in AMF-ed situations). All of a sudden AMF ceased to become an issue anymore, with the pink rays of doom and etc piercing through them despite their obvious ineffectiveness in the manga.

Aside my dislike for inconsistencies, I'm a firm believer of the idea that the AMF concept should have been one of the main underlining theme. Nanoha and co can say that other magi are helpless in AMF-ed situations but if they themselves can deal with these like any other situation, where and what's the difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Remember, he was kicked around by the Type-3 ...
They didn't show the actual blow, but with Deed holding her blade above head and above Erio, and that resounding flash of light, it's pretty obvious how Erio was brought down.

Quote:
Illusion spells are considered rare as well, so basically all of the forwards weren't so 'ordinary' to begin with. They just didn't focus much on those abilities. I don't think they should get rid of the 'conventional' magic though, won't be as fun.
Who said about deleting conventional magic? ^^ I just suggest that the Forwards, at least, should be Rare-Skill Users. Nanoha and co can still stick to conventional magic.

Signature by liro
Old 2007-08-20, 10:32   Link #217
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Maybe Otto just controlled the damage and radius output?

After all, that attack was really meant to split up the Forwards so that things work to their advantage, since their best Combat Numbers (( Tre/Sette )) are back home and they can't completely rely on superior power.

So, they deal with the bothersome illusionist that is also the team center through isolation and superior numbers along with mixed combat tactics and range. I've gotta say, it was smart not to let the other Numbers face Subaru, despite Nove clearly wanting Subaru, since Subaru's extremely dangerous against close-combat Numbers, so Ginga was a reasonable choice, while Otto handles team coordination, and leave Lutecia to deal with Lighning.

Quote:
Perhaps, but it's the AMF issue that (for one) bothers me. From the start we are led to believe that AMF will play an important role in this story (RF6 was, IIRC, supposed to be formed of people who can fight better and normal magi, which may also include the Aces, in AMF-ed situations). All of a sudden AMF ceased to become an issue anymore, with the pink rays of doom and etc piercing through them despite their obvious ineffectiveness in the manga.

Aside my dislike for inconsistencies, I'm a firm believer of the idea that the AMF concept should have been one of the main underlining theme. Nanoha and co can say that other magi are helpless in AMF-ed situations but if they themselves can deal with these like any other situation, where and what's the difference?
AMF concentration, it seems. Though still, it didn't make complete sense with the first manga chapter, where Accel Shooter was totally ineffective against FREAKING TYPE-ONE DRONES! That aren't even huge in numbers!

I don't mind the Aces having the ability to penetrate AMF, but they're shown to be like hot knife through butter in the anime.

Some aspects of anti-AMF combat seemed to have got brushed over by the simple assumption that since the Aces are so l33t, they can just overcome the AMF's effects by brute strength anyway, since the aspects of tactical combat and fighting in StrikerS is devoted towards Numbers and Forwards, and less of the Aces.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-20, 10:35   Link #218
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

After all, that attack was really meant to split up the Forwards so that things work to their advantage, since their best Combat Numbers (( Tre/Sette )) are back home and they can't completely rely on superior power.

So, they deal with the bothersome illusionist that is also the team center through isolation and superior numbers along with mixed combat tactics and range. I've gotta say, it was smart not to let the other Numbers face Subaru, despite Nove clearly wanting Subaru, since Subaru's extremely dangerous against close-combat Numbers, so Ginga was a reasonable choice, while Otto handles team coordination, and leave Lutecia to deal with Lighning.
Wouldn't it be more true that the chibis, or rather Carol, messed the original plan up by going after Lutecia herself, resulting in the current situation?

Signature by liro
Old 2007-08-20, 10:36   Link #219
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Spoiler for Otto's Ray Storm:

Quote:
Wouldn't it be more true that the chibis, or rather Carol, messed the original plan up by going after Lutecia herself, resulting in the current situation?
Spoiler for Carol and Erio:
Old 2007-08-20, 10:42   Link #220
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:

I also expected AMF to play a more significant role.
Closed Thread