AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-23, 21:10   Link #1
wwevijay

A great, sweet anime

I need a sweet anime like Chobits. CUTE! Something heart warming.
Old 2008-05-23, 21:13   Link #2
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Once again, I suggest Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!. Cardcaptor Sakura is very heartwarming in a way, and so is Kanon (2006) and Clannad.
Old 2008-05-23, 21:24   Link #3
BASS in SPACE

the entire ARIA series: Aria the Animation, Aria the Natural and Aria the Origination. Not much romance or anything like in chobits, but very heart warming and satisfying slice of life stuff there.
Old 2008-05-23, 21:48   Link #4
jedinat

Kamichu!
Kokoro Toshokan
Majo no Takkyuubin
Aishiteru ze Baby
Big second for Aria.
Old 2008-05-24, 02:11   Link #5
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I definitely second Aria its a nice and uplifting slice of life show that will generally leave you with a nice feeling inside.

Lamune - a peaceful and "cute" romance show about two childhood friends in a seaside town, slowly moving from just friends to something more. One of the most heart-warming things you will ever see.
Old 2008-05-24, 05:54   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Hidamari Sketch doesn't have the romance of Chobits, but it definitely scores high on the "sweet" scale. It's a slice-of-life show about four girls attending an arts high school.

You might also want to give Nodame Cantabile a try. It has more romance, but it's really a story about fulfilling your dreams.

Search this forum for keywords like "heart warming" or "slice of life." You should find some more threads that address your question.
Old 2008-05-24, 10:27   Link #7
Aijou
Shakugan no Shana Addict

Ah! My Goddess really sweet, warm hearted.
Old 2008-05-24, 15:16   Link #8
Keruri
Like a falling star

It depends on how you look at it. If you want something so sweet that it's cavity-inducing, I'd try something really lighthearted and childish like Bottle Fairy. However, that's directed toward a younger audience.

If you liked Chobits, I would try Angelic Layer and Cardcaptor Sakura, which are both sweet stories by CLAMP with lighthearted romance. Nanatsuiro Drops is another story which portrays a very innocent romance. I also second Lamune.

If you don't mind lots of emotion, Kanon 2006 and AIR are definitely great choices.

For a fantastic comedy/romance, I would give Lovely Complex a whirl. It's very sweet and captivating.

Finally, Sola might be of interest to you. It was quite inspirational and touching to me.

I hope I could be of help to you!
Old 2008-05-24, 15:49   Link #9
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

You should try DearS. Lots of fan service and "master" / ojisama xD
Old 2008-05-24, 16:09   Link #10
Echoes

Personally I thought Dears was pretty tacky and not very cute at all, but the plot is indeed very similar to Chobits. I consider the anime vastly inferior to Chobits, though.

Another vote for the Aria series from me. I can hardly imagine anything more hearth warming than that.
Old 2008-05-25, 10:56   Link #11
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
First, I'll strongly second Cardcaptor Sakura, Angelic Layer, since like mentioned above, they are Clamp like Chobits

I'll add my voice to the many suggestions Air/Clannad/Kanon. They all deal with sad issues at times, but also...overcoming them and have "sweet" characters.

I'd strongly suggest Pita Ten. When I had a friend watch it, I warned her it was overwhelmingly cute and that it is. The basic plot is a devilish angel and an angelic demon, come to the mortal realm to do "battle" over saving a soul--cue an overload of comedy and cuteness.

I'd strongly suggest Princess Tutu, and despite the name, it has many very sweet and actually a fair amount of dark moments. The scenes are set to classic ballet, which could be a plus or minus depending on your taste.

Shion no Oro is about Japanese Chess effectively and has a murder plot throw into it. Doesn't sound anything like what you are asking for right? Well, the main character (who witnessed the murder as a child), is one of the more enduring, innocent, sweet, characters you'll find out there. Even though she doesn't speak from the trauma, she comes across as strong and convincing regardless.

People that like Chobits, tend to like Dears, because they are similar in some ways, however while Dears had some decently cute moments (mostly involving Melon bread), the ecchi nature of it made it considerably worse, so I'll agree with the post above.

Fruits Basket has a very sweet main character, though personally I found the ending to be lacking.

Ginban Kaleidoscope is an interesting show and hard to explain briefly. It is about a young girl trying to become a world class skater...but one of best reviews I read, says it throws you to huge twists right off that bat. First, you expect a hopefully and optimistic heroine, but instead too much time on the ice has frozen her heart, and she's bitter and cynical. The second one is she is possessed by a Canadian Ghost, who disposition is diametrically opposite hers. It's a wild ride. Will her heart remain frozen or thaw?

Many people find Lamune boring, since it is essentially just a drama, and the script seems more what you'd expect from a live action show. That being said, if you want a more normal show, I'd second it.

I'll add Twin Spica...it is old and the animation show is clearly. It is about a girl wanting to be an astronaut and how badly the odds are stacked against her. By far not the best out there, but touching in its own way.

Finally, I'll add in Utawarerumono. Yes, there focus isn't on cuteness and it has violent battles and fighting and the like, but I feel it also has some very cute episodes as well. It is much more realistic than many animes in that way, because it has the stark contrast of both...because the episodes foil each other so well, I think both come off as more convincing. Aruruu in particular comes off as the shy, sweet girl and she actually acts like one...her characterization comes with not what she says, rarely more than a few words at a time, but how she acts. Yuzuha, Kamyu, Eruruu, Touka, and many others all have cute moments as well. There's a tiny bit of fan service in the first and fourth episodes, but it is mostly restricted to being irritating rather than something like Dears where it becomes overwhelming...I actually consider it to have much less than say Chobits as well, which was downright raunchy in the first episode, in my opinion.
Closed Thread