AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of... > Tales of the Abyss (Archive)

Notices

Old 2008-10-03, 21:07   Link #281
kaosmos

when the heck did guy even showed a bit of gayness?!
the guy (no pun intended) is the first to say "i LOVE women" even tho he's scared of them..anyway:

Spoiler for episode 1:
kaosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 21:35   Link #282
TrueKnight

My impatience caused me to watch to raw. Oh man this episode was just full of glory. Awesome animation to boot, and we get to see Guy's awesomeness lol lol. Luke and his rich boy antiques were just made of win. We also get to see Tear and Natalia who were just

And seriously don't diss Guy because he's a badass. He'll be one of most awesome characters later in the series along with Jade being on top.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 22:22   Link #283
xellos2099

Another nice touch I noticed is that in the beginning that was not exactly in the game.

Spoiler for scene:
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 22:32   Link #284
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

I'm going to miss natalia's chubby cheeks

They need to do the peony scenes and sidequests O_O
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 22:42   Link #285
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Watching the episode made me realize how much I preferred the English dub when I played the games and man, I'd like to see this with the English dub VAs. Also, Legretta and the rest of the gang look a little different design-wise I think but I guess that's to be expected.

Animation is fairly solid. Nothing spectacular in terms of actual animation but the art is fairly consistent.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 00:10   Link #286
Averdant
Why so serious?
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Averdant
I'm still downloading the RAW, but I really like the OP and ED from what I've seen. The new art style will have to some adjusting to when I actually watch the episode, since it seems the animators favour a colour palette with a brown tinge.

Hopefully this will live up to my expectations. Also, does anyone know if any groups have specifically announced they'll be subbing Tales of the Abyss?
Averdant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 00:13   Link #287
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosmos View Post
when the heck did guy even showed a bit of gayness?!
the guy (no pun intended) is the first to say "i LOVE women" even tho he's scared of them..anyway:
It's just a running joke on his character. Like he says himself, he doesn't hate women. He's just dead scared of them.

Of course, that still doesn't stop him from becoming fujoshi fodder. Namco can be pretty smart sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averdant
Hopefully this will live up to my expectations. Also, does anyone know if any groups have specifically announced they'll be subbing Tales of the Abyss?
I think Osu! is doing it. If I remember correctly, they fansubbed the promotional video from way back.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 00:29   Link #288
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
It's just a running joke on his character. Like he says himself, he doesn't hate women. He's just dead scared of them.

Of course, that still doesn't stop him from becoming fujoshi fodder. Namco can be pretty smart sometimes.
Because some people, just like the previous posters were just overly paranoid for Abyss had a ranged of rabid fangirls with their delusional views that Guy was hinted gay, which thankfully, he is not. Some people seems just can't get over their previous paranoia which the fangirls had poisoned/indoctrined on to them and being overly cautious. Can't blame them though. Tales series have always had a huge proportionate female fans and some male fans are being swayed by them fangirls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta
Watching the episode made me realize how much I preferred the English dub when I played the games and man, I'd like to see this with the English dub VAs. Also, Legretta and the rest of the gang look a little different design-wise I think but I guess that's to be expected.
w00t glad somebody else here appreciates the dub. I also prefer Luke and Guy's English VAs over the Jap ones, but for Tear I gotta go for Yukana.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 00:48   Link #289
kaosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Because some people, just like the previous posters were just overly paranoid for Abyss had a ranged of rabid fangirls with their delusional views that Guy was hinted gay, which thankfully, he is not. Some people seems just can't get over their previous paranoia which the fangirls had poisoned/indoctrined on to them and being overly cautious. Can't blame them though. Tales series have always had a huge proportionate female fans and some male fans are being swayed by them fangirls.
never knew that,guess i was too busy having to dodge all the tearXregret fanboyism to notice the fangirls
kaosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 01:04   Link #290
[MrSonic]

Send a message via ICQ to [MrSonic]
Dubbed version was bad (for me) because they didn't voiced skits, which were a big part of the game.

Spoiler for some fanart:

P.S. Really liked the 1st episode.
[MrSonic] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 01:10   Link #291
kiryogi

Pretty solid so far! Curious tho. that bit at the end of the ed, is that meant to be the next ep preview? It sure looked like it based off of the events that are up and coming. Weird they showed it in that style though while the song was still going.
kiryogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 01:33   Link #292
Averdant
Why so serious?
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MrSonic] View Post
Dubbed version was bad (for me) because they didn't voiced skits, which were a big part of the game.
I really enjoyed the English cast, it was another one of those rare instances where I prefer them over the original Japanese cast. However, like you said, the lack of audio in the skits was a major negative point. I enjoyed the skits, but audio would've made them just that much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiryogi View Post
Pretty solid so far! Curious tho. that bit at the end of the ed, is that meant to be the next ep preview? It sure looked like it based off of the events that are up and coming. Weird they showed it in that style though while the song was still going.
Indeed, the preview is shown whilst the song is still running. One other anime that I know did this style of preview was Kekkaishi.
Old 2008-10-04, 01:48   Link #293
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Averdant View Post
I really enjoyed the English cast, it was another one of those rare instances where I prefer them over the original Japanese cast. However, like you said, the lack of audio in the skits was a major negative point. I enjoyed the skits, but audio would've made them just that much better.

Indeed, the preview is shown whilst the song is still running. One other anime that I know did this style of preview was Kekkaishi.
Dude they're doing the Gundam X thing? Does it have the narrator describing the next episode during the ending? Better question, is it like this?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 01:58   Link #294
Averdant
Why so serious?
*Graphic Designer

Nah, it's actually a full screen preview with no narration. The preview appears towards the ending of, well the ending. You can check it out here.
Old 2008-10-04, 02:31   Link #295
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Dist looks much better in this anime judging from the op XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
Another nice touch I noticed is that in the beginning that was not exactly in the game.

Spoiler for scene:
Spoiler for super duper spoilers:

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 03:36   Link #296
X10A_Freedom

Hmm, the scenes in the OP where the characters chopped up some monsters looked...Sunrise. Then the all-too-familiar voice of Yukana...that tone was very close to C.C in Geass R2.

The art department's amazing. The main guy felt rather annoying but as it's a 26 episoder, I guess I have to live with the slow pace as such. I'll definately check out next week's.
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
X10A_Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 04:55   Link #297
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by X10A_Freedom View Post
Hmm, the scenes in the OP where the characters chopped up some monsters looked...Sunrise. Then the all-too-familiar voice of Yukana...that tone was very close to C.C in Geass R2.

The art department's amazing. The main guy felt rather annoying but as it's a 26 episoder, I guess I have to live with the slow pace as such. I'll definately check out next week's.
The whole OP does. It even had their classic character lineup and panning shots they always do that has them all seperated by factions. If people don't know what I'm referring to then the most recent example is in the R2 opening between 1:05 and 1:18 where literally every character in the show that isn't key flies by divided by whatever group they are in.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 06:24   Link #298
RamzaOwns
GUN道奥義 「賢者の舞」

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averdant View Post
I'm still downloading the RAW, but I really like the OP and ED from what I've seen. The new art style will have to some adjusting to when I actually watch the episode, since it seems the animators favour a colour palette with a brown tinge.

http://www.fansubwiki.com/Who_Subs_What:_FALL_2008
RamzaOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 06:53   Link #299
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I've finally watched it ;____;

Here are my thoughts.

*Goes to have lunch*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 06:59   Link #300
cyth
Banned

I haven't played the game, but the first episode didn't even try to grab my attention. The production values are pretty solid, I love animation consistency, but other than that, in terms of characters or storyline... It just felt like I've been thrown into a game tutorial. ^^' I'll leave the fans to their fun as I'm sure it's entertaining to see old characters again, but for me, someone who just got acquainted with its world, I don't think it produced much of a pull.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy