AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 52 44.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 31.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 12.07%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.86%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-12, 05:58   Link #101
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I believe that the meteor hit is real, and that somehow 'mutates' Suou into some sort of pseudo-Contractors

I'm scared to even think about this. Is it possible that Hoshimi is Amber?
Well back in S1 she was the only one unaffected by Amber's powers, still rambling on even when no one can hear her.

So by a long stretch, Hoshimi is..Orielle? She's still unaccounted for after the Tokyo observatory was closed down.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2009-12-12, 06:34   Link #102
Mr. Anime

hmm i thought in S1 amber vanished because she used her powers too often...not sure about that though
BUT yoko definately wasnt killed by hei. i am wondering how in 2 episodes everything can be settled? especially when all the preview showed was a cooking hei^^ there are still the 2 twins, madame oreille, shion,suo, section 3, the syndicate and most important YIN and we should know more about everyone, thats why i so hope for a 3rd season (hei and yin as protagonists, maybe misaki 2) we need so much talking and fighting that IMO a satisfying end is out of the question without a 3rd season.
the girl who ressembled yin who awakened at the end, i doubt it is yins real body (if it is yin will probably die at the end of this season) but somehow controlled by her and/or shion, she is going to kick some asses for sure^^.
Old 2009-12-12, 07:22   Link #103
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Yin did too much killing in the flashback to be considered a protagonist now. She may even be involved in Hei getting those back wounds. She's the antagonist and one of the final bosses imo.

DtB2 created someone worse than Havoc this time around.
Old 2009-12-12, 07:31   Link #104
xKeen

Looks like my speculation was wrong,originally I was confident of Shion's ability was to resurrect.This episode is interesting,lots of stuff explained.Looks like Hei is gonna be blamed for Youko's death.

Credits to Pellissier~
Old 2009-12-12, 07:37   Link #105
orion

Well Hei is suppose to do something in the Mitaka documents. I'm betting whatever it is, it's pro-doll evolution and that's why everyone's trying to get him killed and the dolls are supporting him.
Old 2009-12-12, 07:44   Link #106
Tormenk

I dunno. Too much is still left unsaid regarding Yin for sure. Did she kill willingly? Was she in control? Yin is being set up for the role of final boss but we'll have to see if she's antagonist for the last two eps or not.

And Havoc? She creates blackholes while her payment is to drink the blood of children. Heaven's War may not have been shown in detail but anyhow Havoc's far worst than anyone else in the DtB. (Shion and Pops may upset that though.)

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2009-12-12, 07:57   Link #107
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

What is this...o.o; Suou..crying ? o.o
For some reasons, I can't help to shout "moee ~~!!!" when I looked at it, lol.

Anyway, this episode build up the tense to the climax to this season..damn, I need more episode >_>;

Old 2009-12-12, 08:01   Link #108
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
I dunno. Too much is still left unsaid regarding Yin for sure. Did she kill willingly? Was she in control? Yin is being set up for the role of final boss but we'll have to see if she's antagonist for the last two eps or not.

And Havoc? She creates blackholes while her payment is to drink the blood of children. Heaven's War may not have been shown in detail but anyhow Havoc's far worst than anyone else in the DtB. (Shion and Pops may upset that though.)
Yin's got a high body count in her favor. By the way Youko's bloodied body is looking like the girl's body a bit in the flashback. The body count is too high in one scene for being controlled by someone. Besides with a count that high no one cares. She's gong to be screwed up like Havoc was in the end if she was controlled in the beginning. And if she did it on her own, she's screwed up now anyways.

And that flashback is implying that Yin shot Hei.
Old 2009-12-12, 08:23   Link #109
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutaro View Post
I think the father is still the real one. the one Hei killed is the copy, which is why the corpse only have 1 week worth of memory.
I was thinking that too. It makes a lot of sense that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I still don't believe he recreated her so recently, except maybe re-recreating her after the explosion. Why do you think he didn't recreate her initially shortly after she died? Their mother knew he had his ability, and she left them eight years ago. And it seems most likely that memories are implanted by ME, more than by Shion. He said "we" gave her the memory of the day at the aquarium.
I was thinking that too since he used the machine on her. He probably wasn't able to finish the procedure which is why Neo-Souo needed fake memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rima-Chan View Post
Does anyone notice that Shion looks little bit different than in episode when he kills Tanya? He looked realy tired and had bandage on his right eye, and back then he looked completly fine
I think he used his eye ball to make Suou or something weird like that. He's always had that bandage.

He is one weird kid. Even in the flashback going to when they were kids he was weird.
Old 2009-12-12, 08:33   Link #110
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I think he used his eye ball to make Suou or something weird like that. He's always had that bandage.

He is one weird kid. Even in the flashback going to when they were kids he was weird.
He still has his right eye. He's blind in it.

He was a contractor as a child that's why he acted differently and commented to Suou how lucky she was in a previous episode.
Old 2009-12-12, 08:54   Link #111
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Yin's got a high body count in her favor. By the way Youko's bloodied body is looking like the girl's body a bit in the flashback. The body count is too high in one scene for being controlled by someone. Besides with a count that high no one cares. She's gong to be screwed up like Havoc was in the end if she was controlled in the beginning. And if she did it on her own, she's screwed up now anyways.
Seiwut?

How does the body count indicate whether or not she was being controlled? How is there too many bodies to hjave been controlled? That makes no sense. It doesn't matter if she killed 1 or 100, she could have been controlled either way. And lots of protagonists have killed lots of people in their respective series; take a look at Kenshin Himura in Rurouni Kenshin. That guy killed hundreds of people and only a handful of them were actually bad, and look how light-hearted and non-psychotic he turned out to be.
Old 2009-12-12, 09:30   Link #112
Sakabatou77

OOHH, things are heating up now. I can't wait for the last 2 episodes. And Bones better not leave us hanging with a lot more unanswered questions.

I do have to say, it seems the Syndicate caused the explosions from what Suou's mom said to Mao in the past.
Old 2009-12-12, 09:39   Link #113
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by lividsama View Post
Yin gets a whole moon instead of a star for her awakening? That's bad ass alright XD
That's no moon. o.o

Suou just wants Daddy all for herself.

Return of "dem collarbones", now in improbable squirrel form. Somewhat creepy.

;_;
Old 2009-12-12, 09:49   Link #114
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

After watching this episode I can't help but wonder what is Suou's relevance to the storyline now that we find out she's only a clone created Shion.
Old 2009-12-12, 09:55   Link #115
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
After watching this episode I can't help but wonder what is Suou's relevance to the storyline now that we find out she's only a clone created Shion.
This.

Episode 10 and S2 in general are in shambles thus far. /lesigh
Old 2009-12-12, 10:19   Link #116
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄

Please tell me how being a copy makes Suou irrelevant to the storyline all of a sudden.

Please tell me how the story would have went down if Suou was the real Suou instead.

Please tell me how s2 and episode 10 are in shambles.
Old 2009-12-12, 10:49   Link #117
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
Please tell me how being a copy makes Suou irrelevant to the storyline all of a sudden.

Please tell me how the story would have went down if Suou was the real Suou instead.

Please tell me how s2 and episode 10 are in shambles.
-A clone plotline is too haxxxd and I always feel cheated every time it rears its head in a story. I wouldn't be surprised is Suou gets the plot shield either.
-See above
-First of all, episode 10: the art took a bad dive, the drama was forced, the voice acting was off and the coincidence was just way, way, way too much (then again given there's only 2 or eps left so I suppose they've to compartmentalize although badly executed *shrugs*)
-S2: do I need to explain? Magical girl? Henshin? Loli, shota and ouji? I don't even know why it's called Darker than Black anymore.
Old 2009-12-12, 11:07   Link #118
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
^ It's Darker than Black because someone dies every episode or 2. Why did Youko of all people have to die? FFS.

I didn't like that at all, now lesbian contracter is gonna die. So is Mr. Shotacon.

Oh and Misaki and Li reunion was utter garbage. I was expecting more but she just got beat up and left there. To me, the story has become irrepairable. Terrible shame when the show had so much potential.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2009-12-12, 11:10   Link #119
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post

Well for me, when I thought Suou and Shion were twins. It was a mystery for me because I was thinking what Suou is really Shion and Shion is really Suou to hid their true identity and I was thinking about the impact the Twin Star they shared (I think). Because they are both twins and contractors and etc. Its a lot of stuff I was wondering about.

Now that we found out that Suou is a clone of the real Suou that Shion created. Its as if the fake Suou is just lesser version of its creator, which is Shion. All of her memories are only the memories that Shion gave her, even her contractor ability is Shion's. So to me its like "Ok. What now for her character?"

I'm not the series is shot because of it, we haven't seen the other episodes yet. I'm myself to see how they're going to do with the storyline.
Old 2009-12-12, 11:11   Link #120
velvet nightmare

why do people keep believing amber is alive in any form in this current time line, it's physically impossible

"Amber's ability is chronal manipulation, which includes temporal freezing of time and rewinding of events to an unknown degree. Elaborate usage of her power enables her to gain knowledge of future events, and then respond to them accordingly"

so it means that given that S2 takes place 2 years after S1, there's no way amber would have grown from a 12 year old to orielle or anyone older

even if she was amber, she would've known she screwed something up at the end of S1 if hell's gate was still around and her primrose group was completely gone, she would have scrapped this future
Closed Thread