AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-23, 23:12   Link #1601
Theo

That was...a little disappointing.

In the end, the flowers are the Deus Ex Machina that somehow solves all the planet problems and makes Moid become magic pixie dust for some reason. No real motivation besides wanting to hear some song and somehow managed to get out of his restraints and incapacitate two guards.

I lol'ed when he went apeshit though.

I see the same problems here as in Mouretsu Pirates: it wants to be two things at once; a slice of life along with sci-fi.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 23:48   Link #1602
Darthtabby

Perhaps I came to expect too much of this show over the course of its run -for quite some time it seemed a clear choice for my top show of the year- but I didn't find the ending entirely satisfactory. The miracles caused by the Rinne and the seeming ease with which Lan is able to continue participating in Sweat's Club activities despite the fact she's now the Queen of Le Garite and such just makes things seem to easy in my opinion. I think I might have preferred it if the ending implied "there will be many challenges in the future, but we'll be able to handle them and find happiness." I would also have liked it if the finale linked back to some of the preceding material more strongly as well. A strong theme/message would have been nice.

Overall I feel like there was some wasted potential here. Back in season one it seemed like Madoka was someone who could really grow. I'd hoped to see her become more mature and learn to temper her enthusiasm without losing it. Now granted as season two progressed I came to really like the "dumb but well meaning" character she turned out to be, but still, it seems like a bit of a loss doesn't it? Also considering it was part of the reason she sealed herself in the Rinne the whole Yurikano/Dizelmine thing doesn't seem to be given much attention at the end of the line. (Speaking of which while it would still have been a bit of a stretch the one way I might have been able to kind of buy Dizelmine retaining his crown would have been if he ended up marrying Yurikano. That would give a blood bond to seal the peace between the two kingdoms, plus Yurikano could correct her past mistake by actually being there to act as a Madoka style mediator rather than hoping her absence would keep Dizelmine and her brother from coming into conflict).

All this raises an interesting question -how would all of you choosen to handle the end the series if it was up to you? (You can go back a few episodes if you need to.)
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 06:44   Link #1603
Sides

I love this show, so I am kind of sad that it ended. However the ending was nicely done and it was a good fitting for the series.
One thing I really like in the show are the characters and their interaction with each other. The world blowing up was never the interesting part, it was always a sideline story to me.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 06:55   Link #1604
Dop
Mmmm....

I have really enjoyed this show which has ended in the same light-hearted happy-go-lucky jersey club spirit with which it began.
Happy endings all around and the only real villain apparently sealed up inside the Rinne.

So for me, I give this series a big Maru!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 07:09   Link #1605
Jimmy C

He wanted to hear the voice of the Rinne, now he can listen to it for all eternity!
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 07:24   Link #1606
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

My disappointment with the finale stems from 2 things:

1) Moid is a lousy villain
2) As others have pointed out, things work out too easily. Everybody lives happily ever after. This is not the kind of ending I expect from a show like Rinne.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 09:47   Link #1607
inisipis

A fitting ending to an enjoyable series, in my opinion. The power of love, friendship and marching music conquers all, brings cosmic flowers out into the universe to fix all worries and the galaxies are ruled by 3 teenagers. Everyone's happy.

Sure one could always wish for more of the show. A better antagonist and a more coherent plot would do it wonders, but the show remain as it was meant to be, unpretentious, wholesome and simple in a good way.

Very fun series with very likable characters and very an optimistic story.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 13:04   Link #1608
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I thought the ending was perfect or a little too perfect. It was funny how Moid disappear and was removed all easy. Glad to see that the last episode once again focus mostly on the ending rather than a final fight just like they did earlier in the show (season 1).

Overall, the series was supposed to be an idealistic show. I completely disagree that it was all Deus Ex Machina at the end. We already saw what the Rinne and the flowers could, so why were some people expecting the show to end completely different from what we previously seen in the first half of the show?

There was nothing wrong with the show trying to be two things at once. It worked well for Mouretsu Pirates because it flowed nicely, and it definitely worked well with this show.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 15:49   Link #1609
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

and can be assured of one thing Madoka, Lan Muginami and will always remain together there is no separation
:')
Old 2012-09-24, 16:58   Link #1610
angel8

do you know if there will be a season 3?

Last edited by angel8; 2012-09-24 at 17:19.
angel8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 17:59   Link #1611
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel8 View Post
I do not think ...
Old 2012-09-24, 18:12   Link #1612
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Something I won't forget about Moid.
Images
Face before disappearing
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon

Last edited by Kaihan; 2012-09-24 at 19:14.
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 18:27   Link #1613
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Moid he deserve his fate to disappear in Rinne instead of Yurikano!! nah!!
Old 2012-09-24, 18:41   Link #1614
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel8 View Post
Not likely but the ending dose leave room for a number of potential fan fics...
Old 2012-09-24, 18:51   Link #1615
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Moid he deserve his fate to disappear in Rinne instead of Yurikano!! nah!!
When you think about it, isn't that what he wanted anyway? Assuming it was the Rinne which whisked him away, you could say he got his wish after all lol.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 18:53   Link #1616
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
All he said was he wanted to hear the voice of the Rinne. Not sure what he wanted to do after he heard it. Though instead he will continue to hear the song of the Jersey Club forever and ever....lol.
Old 2012-09-24, 19:13   Link #1617
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
All he said was he wanted to hear the voice of the Rinne. Not sure what he wanted to do after he heard it. Though instead he will continue to hear the song of the Jersey Club forever and ever....lol.
At least it wasn't Jersey-bu Tamashii. That's a fate I won't wish on anyone.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 19:28   Link #1618
Midonin
Last Engage

After listening to that song enough times, I've come to like it. The individual verses by each of the three are unique enough that it's fun to listen to the musical shifts.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 19:34   Link #1619
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

So, Moid made all that shit up about the old legend? The backbone plot of the three Voxes being demons was all a lie? rofl

Fuckin Moid...that trickster. At least he got the final gift of having that Jersey song stuck in his mind until his disappearance. lal
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 20:26   Link #1620
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
After listening to that song enough times, I've come to like it. The individual verses by each of the three are unique enough that it's fun to listen to the musical shifts.
I agree, you have to listen to it more than once or twice to like it and now I really get into it.

Tags
anime original, mecha, science fiction, yuri