AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-18, 03:57   Link #1
Fronzel
Schmuck

Various Video Game Based Manga

SNK vs. Capcom RS PA
Samurai Showdown PA
Super Street Fighter II: Cammy RS PA

OMGTEHVIDEOGAMEMANGA

I have some fondness for the video games involved, but a greater fondness for “not crap.”

Seems odd that Right Stuff gives release dates of 12/12/12 for the SNK vs. Capcom things (code for “we don’t know”, I presume), while Planet Anime claims they can get them in "2-4 weeks."

Opinions?

Anyone?
Old 2004-08-18, 04:11   Link #2
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
SNK vs. Capcom RS PA
Samurai Showdown PA
Super Street Fighter II: Cammy RS PA

OMGTEHVIDEOGAMEMANGA

I have some fondness for the video games involved, but a greater fondness for “not crap.”

Seems odd that Right Stuff gives release dates of 12/12/12 for the SNK vs. Capcom things (code for “we don’t know”, I presume), while Planet Anime claims they can get them in "2-4 weeks."

Opinions?

Anyone?
I think SNK V Capcom and a lot of other SNK/Capcom stuff are actually Hong Kong comics, thus not "manga" per se.
Old 2004-08-18, 04:36   Link #3
ClancyDamon
クラシー デマン

Send a message via AIM to ClancyDamon
If this is a topic about any videogame manga (which I'll assume it is) the only one I know of is Suikoden III. The first issue did a great job of building the backgrounds of 2 of the 3 main characters, but I know that had I not played the game I'd be completely lost. It's gotta be hard to take a huge, interactive narrative from a video game and condence it into a neat, packaged, side-quest free story. If you ask me, half the story in any videogame is the feeling of actually living it through the characters you control. You can't translate that to any other form of media.
Old 2004-08-18, 10:29   Link #4
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClancyDamon
If this is a topic about any videogame manga (which I'll assume it is) the only one I know of is Suikoden III. The first issue did a great job of building the backgrounds of 2 of the 3 main characters, but I know that had I not played the game I'd be completely lost. It's gotta be hard to take a huge, interactive narrative from a video game and condence it into a neat, packaged, side-quest free story. If you ask me, half the story in any videogame is the feeling of actually living it through the characters you control. You can't translate that to any other form of media.
thus why all the movies based on video games (except, more or less, the first mortal kombat movie...that one was good) suffer from severe suckage
Closed Thread