AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Bakemonogatari - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 37 33.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 32.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 25.89%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-02-25, 14:34   Link #81
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I think anime Nadeko increased her appeal by 10-20x. The novel is like ok ... a semi grown up version of Hachikuji so who cares. Then comes the anime and it went from to .

As much as a pervert Arararararagi is, I still have faith in his devotion to Hitagi, so in the long run I think the Queen won't be dethroned (though I don't mind Nadeko rising up, just not boobcat nor lolivamp taking her place <__<).

http://www.youtube.com/v/YfRbtCo-Cv0&autoplay=1&loop=1 (more like infinite loop though).
And secretly devilmonkey conquers him while the others are distracted with killing each other.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 20:21   Link #82
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
And secretly devilmonkey conquers him while the others are distracted with killing each other.
Hmm, i don't think that monkey has enough intelligence to do that...
At best, she'll team up with anti~Hitagi faction to conquer Hitagi than backstab the other to conquer Araragi...

As for Nadeko, she haven't known the existance of Hitagi yet.
Hanekawa's is too much for Nadeko handle, i wonder what'll happen when Nadeko meet Hitagi...

Quote:
But thanks for saying that. It's just a proof that no one is more suitable for Araragi than Hitagi.

Pervert (Araragi) x more pervert (Hitagi). A perfect couple!
@zato_1one
Couldn't agree more...
The one to conquer a pervert is a more perverted one...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 20:40   Link #83
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
At best, she'll team up with anti~Hitagi faction to conquer Hitagi than backstab the other to conquer Araragi...

Hanekawa's is too much for Nadeko handle, i wonder what'll happen when Nadeko meet Hitagi...

@zato_1one
Couldn't agree more...
Okay, I've always been meaning to ask this. What has Hitagi ever done to qualify for that title? I mean she is going up against a guy who rapes little kids.
Old 2010-02-25, 21:08   Link #84
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Well

- she is naked in front of Araragi
- she is willing to put a naked apron
- she is willing not to put an underwear to school
- she can make the pervert Araragi stays quiet like a child
Old 2010-02-25, 21:29   Link #85
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Well

*you forgot that she even cooks him lunch and lets him run off on his little escapades as well. and she is smoking hot.

this just sums up the absolute perfect girlfriend.
Old 2010-02-25, 21:59   Link #86
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Well

Please, you called that perverted....Araragi stick his hand down girls' pants.
Old 2010-02-25, 22:34   Link #87
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Please, you called that perverted....Araragi stick his hand down girls' pants.
well, if a girl willing to do that for a guy she just talk for one week...
if that is not called perverted... i dunno what word to describe it...

i havent read kizu and nise...
but by so far in bake, the most perverted one is Hitagi...
Old 2010-02-25, 23:14   Link #88
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
*you forgot that she even cooks him lunch and lets him run off on his little escapades as well. and she is smoking hot.

this just sums up the absolute perfect girlfriend.
The perfect girlfriend -- who wields boxcutters and puts a stapler in your mouth.

He's never going to leave her, because she would mutilate him if he did.

But I think she's wonderful, too.

By the way, the most perverted one has to be Shinbou, doesn't it? He and NisiOisiN, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 00:06   Link #89
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:

@zato_1one
Couldn't agree more...
From the commentaries for Nadeko Snake and the first Tsubasa Cat discs it seems that Nishio Isshin is either saving the Hitagi-Nadeko meeting for something special or he feels that their meeting would cause the universe to implode. Oshino did the commentary for Nadeko Snake because he didn't want her to have to face Hitagi or Kanbaru, Hitagi because she's just terrifying and Yurikko-chan because she loves her lillies.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 00:10   Link #90
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Eh? According to Devilmonkey's 1 of the 3 greetings, she is already been conquered by Araragi-san as his personal sex-slave (ero-dorei). She has also got a system to identify if the anonymous caller is Araragi depending on the tsukkomi. Since she also has Hitagi's blessing as the precious Kouhai, there won't be any need for conquering. No, I'm afraid it's Hanekawa that poses the immediate threat while Nadeko is the other threat lurking in the shadow.

Like you, I also don't understand how she got the "pervert" title.

And it's also a very good point that Nadeko has yet to meet Hitagi face to face.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 01:54   Link #91
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Like you, I also don't understand how she got the "pervert" title.
You shouldn't forget what she did to Araragi in the car in episode 12.

Furthermore, I remember that someone translated some parts of previous commentaries. Hitagi told Kanbaru that don't treat her like a hentai master. (CMIIW) All of these make me believe that Hitagi is actually a pervert by nature. It wasn't because of her twist personality due to the crab curse because she knew Kanbaru even before that.

BTW, sub is so slow this time.
Old 2010-02-26, 02:33   Link #92
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
You shouldn't forget what she did to Araragi in the car in episode 12.
Oh, that's just normal behavior for any girl that wants to mark her property for personal use. Perfectly within reason.

Jokes aside, her past history makes me reluctant to identify her as "pervert." She is curious, and very serious. The car scene had two purpose. She let Araragi know that she is very comfortable around her dad who is cool, and she let her dad know that she is very serious about Araragi. Isio Nisin certainly knows how to tell a story. And Shinbou knows how to appeal to the fans that take their moe~ and lolis very seriously. It's a deadly combination but not without purpose.
Old 2010-02-26, 03:25   Link #93
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Oh, that's just normal behavior for any girl that wants to mark her property for personal use. Perfectly within reason.

Jokes aside, her past history makes me reluctant to identify her as "pervert." She is curious, and very serious. The car scene had two purpose. She let Araragi know that she is very comfortable around her dad who is cool, and she let her dad know that she is very serious about Araragi. Isio Nisin certainly knows how to tell a story. And Shinbou knows how to appeal to the fans that take their moe~ and lolis very seriously. It's a deadly combination but not without purpose.
Too be honest I don't think neither Hitagi nor Koyomi are perverts despite all the gags. They're high school students so it's only natural that they have an interest in sex.

One thing though, Hitagi's relationship with her father is really complex when you consider all the baggage that they have. It's a pity that there wasn't enough time to go into it more, but the only reason that they seemed to be so comfortable with each other was because of Koyomi. As her father said, it had been a really long time since he had seen Hitagi like this.

With all that said, I think you people are delusional if you think the other girls have a chance after ep 12! Moe snakes, yuri monkeys, and tailless cats have nothing on stapling crabs.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 03:26   Link #94
zato_1one

Quote:

Well, it's debatable. The conversation started with Araragi mentioned that Kanbaru was pervert. So, Hitagi decided to tell Araragi about pervert things in order for Araragi to raise his standard and saw Kanbaru as a pure mind girl.
Old 2010-02-26, 04:46   Link #95
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
Too be honest I don't think neither Hitagi nor Koyomi are perverts despite all the gags. They're high school students so it's only natural that they have an interest in sex.

One thing though, Hitagi's relationship with her father is really complex when you consider all the baggage that they have. It's a pity that there wasn't enough time to go into it more, but the only reason that they seemed to be so comfortable with each other was because of Koyomi. As her father said, it had been a really long time since he had seen Hitagi like this.

With all that said, I think you people are delusional if you think the other girls have a chance after ep 12! Moe snakes, yuri monkeys, and tailless cats have nothing on stapling crabs.
Lolivamps all the way. Screw staples.
Old 2010-02-26, 10:10   Link #96
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Should we make a thread for Bakemonogatari's character battle since we got a Hitagi, Shinobu and Nadeko cultist?
Old 2010-02-26, 16:16   Link #97
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

To be honest I don't see why people think Araragi is perverted. He seems pretty normal to me. Well except for the swimsuit fetsih, but everyone has quirks...

So what, is Shinobu trying to get more Araragi followers or does she just want for Araragi to be normal again?

Araragi has an interesting dilemna. He always been shown to do anything to save anyone but now he's faced with this sitiation in which if he helps one of them and then he hurts the other. Tough luck. I've never actually seen a deconstruction of the The Dulcinea effect so this is proving pretty entertaining.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 20:16   Link #98
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
To be honest I don't see why people think Araragi is perverted. He seems pretty normal to me. Well except for the swimsuit fetsih, but everyone has quirks...
How about groping a loli? albeit one that no one else can see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
So what, is Shinobu trying to get more Araragi followers or does she just want for Araragi to be normal again?
Neither. As monir noted before...

Quote:
HSo this arc wasn't solely about Hanekawa after all. Shinobu's importance to the story is just too much to not to bring some attention on her as well. Considering she was responsible to restore Hanekawa in the previous incident, it's only sensible the opportunity to flesh some of her story should take place in the Hanekawa arc. I liked the fact how Hanekawa's problem budding from stress also correlates to Shinobu. The ending song gives away so much when Shinobu walks in the middle as she holds both Oshino and Araragi-kun's hands while she fixates her gaze at Ararararararagi-san's direction. Shinobu the jealous cutie pie that doesn't like sharing the man in her life.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 20:26   Link #99
Marion
The Great Dine

Honestly, I don't see how Nadeko will ever be a love rival against Hitagi. Koyomi was obviously checking her out in that swimsuit at times, but it doesn't seem like his feelings go beyond being protective of her - like an 'older brother' ironically I'm sure she'll get over her feelings for him one day, since it's very normal for young girls to idolize boys older than them most times.

Hanekawa I can definietly understand, not only is she in the same age range as Araragi, but because it was pretty much implied that there was a good chance Araragi would go for her if she confessed her feelings to him, before he got close to Hitagi. Not to mention that near kiss Hanekawa made with him in the 9th episode, he didn't even seem to fight back or stop her oddly.

...Of course just watch. While these three are brawling over who loves him more, Hachikuji is going to appear and he's just going to go with her (hey, she's technically in her 20's you know!)
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 20:37   Link #100
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Well, it's debatable. The conversation started with Araragi mentioned that Kanbaru was pervert. So, Hitagi decided to tell Araragi about pervert things in order for Araragi to raise his standard and saw Kanbaru as a pure mind girl.
We are getting a little sidetracked here, but I think this confusion needs to be addressed. There is no debate. I'll elaborate. The entire conversation started when Araragi found Hitagi likes to bring her dad in casual dates. He was unsettled. Hitagi asked why he was so quiet. And the conversation starts from there. As I mentioned in the previous posts, the point of that conversation served two purpose. Introduce the two most important men in her life to each other, and make them comfortable around each other. Once she was certain that she had done enough, she got out of the car to let them talk. She reaffirms the purpose of why she brought her dad with her today in the under-the-starry-sky scene when she gives that line about what she can offer Araragi.

Isio Nisin writes very sobering stories under the guise of comedy and fluff for easy consumption. So it's very easy to miss out on the context when Shinbo is so good at bringing out the fluff and fanservice.