AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-19, 23:01   Link #1
xyrrus

Something I realized after watching Oro V. Jiraya Fight

After watching ep 94 again I noticed something didn't make sense about the Jiraya v. Oro fight. When he used that technique to turn his hair into spikes and used it as a shield. Oro then managed to create an opening by using his feet attached to the spikes to pry it open. That's when I saw him bite Jiraya in the neck, shouldn't that give Jiraya a cursed seal or did he simply chose not apply it? Since only a small percent of people manage to survive after being biten wouldn't it be a good idea try since Oro doesn't really have any other way to kill him one on one and without his arms. Even if Jiraya survives he would be unconscious like Sasuke was for some time and Oro could kill him then. So why didn't he use it? Only reason I can think of is that perhaps Oro needed his hands to form the seals to initiate the technique before he can bite him but I don't recall him doing that when he bit Sasuke.
xyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 23:07   Link #2
wb_hicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyrrus
After watching ep 94 again I noticed something didn't make sense about the Jiraya v. Oro fight. When he used that technique to turn his hair into spikes and used it as a shield. Oro then managed to create an opening by using his feet attached to the spikes to pry it open. That's when I saw him bite Jiraya in the neck, shouldn't that give Jiraya a cursed seal or did he simply chose not apply it? Since only a small percent of people manage to survive after being biten wouldn't it be a good idea try since Oro doesn't really have any other way to kill him one on one and without his arms. Even if Jiraya survives he would be unconscious like Sasuke was for some time and Oro could kill him then. So why didn't he use it? Only reason I can think of is that perhaps Oro needed his hands to form the seals to initiate the technique before he can bite him but I don't recall him doing that when he bit Sasuke.
go back and watch the ep when sasuke got the CS you will see that oro does a seal then bits him
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 23:43   Link #3
Rurik
Golden

Yeah basically The Bitting For sasuke he did it To inflict the curse seal...in the case
of jiraya...Oro use the bitting only as atack because he did not had arms...so he used Feet and Mouth as Weapons...and like WV_kicks said...for the Curse seal he have to make Hand seals........
Old 2004-09-20, 02:26   Link #4
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
Worthless trivia, it's the same seal that Haku uses for Makyouhyoushou, and it's only ever used by those two at those two occasions. (I don't remember any other time)
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 08:53   Link #5
Srin Tuar
無謀

Without his arms he cannot perform jutu's anymore: so he couldnt have sealed ero-sennin even if he wanted to.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 19:47   Link #6
Mezu
The Guardian

Look how powerful Jiraiya is...now...imagine Jiraiya with the curse seal activated. Catch my drift?
Mezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 19:50   Link #7
naruto_117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezu
Look how powerful Jiraiya is...now...imagine Jiraiya with the curse seal activated. Catch my drift?
Now that sounds pretty sweet. Maybe Orochimaru was going his jugular.
naruto_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 20:47   Link #8
callowmallow
Freshman Member

Send a message via AIM to callowmallow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd
Worthless trivia, it's the same seal that Haku uses for Makyouhyoushou, and it's only ever used by those two at those two occasions. (I don't remember any other time)
....or it could mean that that's the handseal for hijutsu techniques
callowmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 20:48   Link #9
wb_hicks

i think oro's body has the curse seal on it. it like he marks the body he wants when his curse seal b4 taking it. or it could be used to get the body as close as possible to his old body in terms of strenght
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 23:25   Link #10
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
Yeah basically The Bitting For sasuke he did it To inflict the curse seal...in the case.
Holy crap, that was annoying.

Although the spelling was decent, that grammar was frekkin confusing.

Translation:

Yeah, basically the bitting of Sasuke was for inflicting the curse seal... In the case.....
Bflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 02:54   Link #11
OliverTwist

What I don't understand about that whole scene is how Oro could run around like nothing happened after getting stabbed through the foot with spikes.
OliverTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 07:08   Link #12
swerv
Stay Up

I know this isn't an english class but if you're going to correct someone you may aswell do it properly

"In this case, Sasuke was bitten to inflict the curse seal."

Much better.

(sorry just bored, oh and it's biting)
Old 2004-09-22, 11:27   Link #13
Shining Celebi
a

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverTwist
What I don't understand about that whole scene is how Oro could run around like nothing happened after getting stabbed through the foot with spikes.
Jiraiya's technique failed. He wasn't able to turn his hair into actual spikes that would hurt anyone, methinks.
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 13:53   Link #14
OliverTwist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Celebi
Jiraiya's technique failed. He wasn't able to turn his hair into actual spikes that would hurt anyone, methinks.

Watch the scene again. They actually show his hair stabbing through Oro's foot in multiple places. (This is in the anime btw. I never checked what it looked like in the manga.)
OliverTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 18:17   Link #15
Satoru

Hm...the topic of this thread is quite interesting. Unfortunately, you are discussing that pointless 'why didnt jiraiya get the kubiwa-thing'. Nobody mentioned the interesting fact that Orochimaru asked Jiraiya to give up, though he could have killed him. I guess they have a similar relationship like Naruto and Sasuke. Orochimaru likes Jiraiya as a rival and doesn't want to kill him, so he isn't 100% evil.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 19:46   Link #16
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Oro can walk with a stabbed foot for the same reason Jiraiya could walk with a leg and some ribes broken : because they're good, simple as that
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote