AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-08, 02:46   Link #1241
Shiki Nanaya

Sorry if im a bit off topic from the current discussion, but does Koyomi's sisters (Tsukihi and Karen) know about Koyomi turning into a vampire and currently a 1/10 of a vampire? Do they know of Shinobu's existence?

I'm currently reading Nisemonogatari I - Karen Bee and so far read only the two chapters of it that was translated, and I've read a couple of summaries from the previous posts of this thread. So Im wondering which novel title did the two sisters meet with Hitagi? Since it was mentioned in Nise that Koyomi will introduce them right? How did the two sisters react? I mean, in the first place, I read in wiki that the reason why they even got boyfriends is to get Koyomi jealous right, so now that they found out he actually got a gf, did this change their relationship? Like how Nadeko did
Shiki Nanaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 05:44   Link #1242
HasuMasu
*Artist

I doubt they'd go SUPER YANDERE 9999!!!!! like Nadeko.
Old 2011-08-08, 09:04   Link #1243
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiki Nanaya View Post
Sorry if im a bit off topic from the current discussion, but does Koyomi's sisters (Tsukihi and Karen) know about Koyomi turning into a vampire and currently a 1/10 of a vampire? Do they know of Shinobu's existence?

I'm currently reading Nisemonogatari I - Karen Bee and so far read only the two chapters of it that was translated, and I've read a couple of summaries from the previous posts of this thread. So Im wondering which novel title did the two sisters meet with Hitagi? Since it was mentioned in Nise that Koyomi will introduce them right? How did the two sisters react? I mean, in the first place, I read in wiki that the reason why they even got boyfriends is to get Koyomi jealous right, so now that they found out he actually got a gf, did this change their relationship? Like how Nadeko did
They don't know. about vampires or Shinobu's existence.

Koyomi introduced them to Hitagi off screen during summer vacation, but their relationship hasn't changed. Thought Tsukihi was annoyed that he introduced Hitagi to them, but refuses to meet their boyfriends and just ignores their existences.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 09:24   Link #1244
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiki Nanaya View Post

Rather then saying their relationship changed because of their boyfriends/girlfriends, it changed for the best because of their age. Ever since Karen became a high schooler Araragi has been unusually close to her.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 23:15   Link #1245
Azoth

Why does all the girls in Monogatari are against or questioning Araragi dating Hitagi?

Mayoi Hachikuji, wondering why Araragi dating Hitagi not Tsubasa Hanekawa.

Suruga Kanbaru before re-friend with Hitagi, was upset that Hitagi was taken away form her and Hitagi showing happy side of herself to Araragi so upset that she try to kill Araragi.

Tsubasa Hanekawa deep down was upset that they where dating, her other personal throught that Hitagi and Araragi are not good together and she think reason the Araragi was dating Hitagi was to shut her up. Neko think her master and Araragi make a better couple.

Nadeko Sengoku went crazy after found he have a girlfriend, even prey daily for Hitagi to disappear. That wasn't good enough she start to lesson to voice in her head and become a snake god and now trying to kill Araragi.

Araragi's sister surprise his girlfriend isn't Tsubasa Hanekawa. Hitagi and his sisters also doesn't get along.

Shinobu I don't know her throught or her opion of Hiagi.

All the girls have some or all thing in common they don't get along with Hitagi, surprise he is dating Hitagi, and surprise he isn't dating Tsubasa. All there any girls that support the couple happiness?
Azoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 23:24   Link #1246
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azoth View Post
Why does all the girls in Monogatari are against or questioning Araragi dating Hitagi?

Suruga Kanbaru before re-friend with Hitagi, was upset that Hitagi was taken away form her and Hitagi showing happy side of herself to Araragi so upset that she try to kill Araragi.

Tsubasa Hanekawa deep down was upset that they where dating, her other personal throught that Hitagi and Araragi are not good together and she think reason the Araragi was dating Hitagi was to shut her up. Neko think her master and Araragi make a better couple.

Nadeko Sengoku went crazy after found he have a girlfriend, even prey daily for Hitagi to disappear. That wasn't good enough she start to lesson to voice in her head and become a snake god and now trying to kill Araragi.

Araragi's sister surprise his girlfriend isn't Tsubasa Hanekawa. Hitagi and his sisters also doesn't get along.

All the girls have some or all thing in common they don't get along with Hitagi, surprise he is dating Hitagi, and surprise he isn't dating Tsubasa. All there any girls that support the couple happiness?
Hitagi and.... that's about it. But hey, wouldn't be a harem if everyone didn't want Araragi.
Xenosnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 23:33   Link #1247
Azoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Hahahaha!!!! mfw when someone thinks Nisio wouldn't kill off the most popular character in the series.
I don't think Hitagi will die. If she did die than Koyomi and Suruga Kanbaru would be moaning her death in Hanamonogatari. Hanamonogatari take place after Hitagi's end. Koyomi made a cameo in that novel driving a taxi car it doesn't look he grieving over Hitagi death. I think Hitagi name was mention in Hanamonogatari a proof she alive.
Old 2011-08-08, 23:37   Link #1248
Romanticide

I don't think Shinobu would mourn anyone's death but Koyomi's. She doesn't seem to care much for anyone else.

A question, since Kissshot is 600 years old, what year would she have been turned?
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 23:38   Link #1249
Azoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
I don't think Shinobu would mourn anyone's death but Koyomi's. She doesn't seem to care much for anyone else.

A question, since Kissshot is 600 years old, what year would she have been turned?
Sorry got the name mix up it Suruga Kanbaru moaning her death.
Old 2011-08-09, 00:14   Link #1250
shinobu-chan
Heart-under-Blade

Question for Kabukimonogatari:

Spoiler for blah:
shinobu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-09, 01:37   Link #1251
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobu-chan View Post

Spoiler for blah:
The relationship between getting their powers back and dying is a confusing matter I admit. It was also mention in Nise that when Shinobu went inside Araragi's shadow she no longer needed to drink his blood and she can live simply by being near him. Either way lets list out the cause and effect.
Shinobu drinking all of Araragi's blood->Both back to complete vampires
Araragi kills her directly->Araragi back to human
Shinobu leaves Araragi's side->She dies
Araragi dies->Their bond is broken and Shinobu is no longer suppressed by it

Truthfully the mechanic of vampires in this series is confusing and aren't explained in full so it really is anyone's guess. Personally what I think is going on is that when Araragi first drank her blood in Kizu it created a situation where it is considered him killing her. As we remember a vampire can only become human by killing its master and breaking their bond. If Shinobu dies in her weakened form for whatever reason it is considered Araragi's kill because he was the one who cause her to be in this form. Likewise the other way around, if Araragi dies he is no longer killing her so of course she gets her powers back.

Quote:

This whole love relationship is also something that is very confusing.
Araragi loves Hitagi but he is willing to die for Hanekawa and will kill himself if anything happened to Shinobu.
Kanbaru loves Hitagi but evidence have shown that she has tendencies to see Araragi as someone more than just a respected senpai
Hanekawa loves Araragi but she believes Araragi and Hitagi are perfect for each other and that she loved him even more after he rejected her.
Karen and Tsukihi both have boyfriends but they have a huge brother complex.
Nadeko loves Araragi but it might have just been a way for her to get closer to Tsukihi.
Shinobu doesn't say straight out she loves Araragi but its pretty obvious yet she doesn't mind Araragi and Hitagi being together.

Last edited by omimon; 2011-08-09 at 01:56.
Old 2011-08-09, 02:07   Link #1252
shinobu-chan
Heart-under-Blade

Quote:
The relationship between getting their powers back and dying is a confusing matter I admit. It was also mention in Nise that when Shinobu went inside Araragi's shadow she no longer needed to drink his blood and she can live simply by being near him. Either way lets list out the cause and effect.
Shinobu drinking all of Araragi's blood->Both back to complete vampires
Araragi kills her directly->Araragi back to human
Shinobu leaves Araragi's side->She dies
Araragi dies->Their bond is broken and Shinobu is no longer suppressed by it

Truthfully the mechanic of vampires in this series is confusing and aren't explained in full so it really is anyone's guess. Personally what I think is going on is that when Araragi first drank her blood in Kizu it created a situation where it is considered him killing her. As we remember a vampire can only become human by killing its master and breaking their bond. If Shinobu dies in her weakened form for whatever reason it is considered Araragi's kill because he was the one who cause her to be in this form. Likewise the other way around, if Araragi dies he is no longer killing her so of course she gets her powers back.
Spoiler for blah:
Old 2011-08-09, 02:24   Link #1253
Shikijin

Quote:
For the sake of drama

I think some characters believed Araragi would have dated Hanekawa simply because he met her first. It would have been the most logical choice. In fact, were the novels written in chronological order, readers would have complained if he didn't end up with Hanekawa. If the girl from the third book stole the main character, it would feel like NTR.
Quote:
Where was all this written? It's been a while since I saw the series, maybe I am forgetting. Hanekawa simply got envious of Hitagi getting a boy, normal girl jealousy, that's all. The cat wanted Araragi to date Hanekawa to prevent Hanekawa's stress. All the rest is just chatter based on the spur of the moment, not as important as it sounds to you. I will also remind you that Hanekawa has even been supporting of Hitagi, and gave her lessons on how to behave more normally.

More than "deep down", you could say it happened in a place Hanekawa couldn't see.
Quote:
Nadeko Sengoku went crazy after found he have a girlfriend
Reading Otori right now, she went crazy before that point. She knew he had a girlfriend for a long time.
Quote:
It's not that they don't get along, Araragi's sisters just don't like the fact that Araragi never aknowledged their boyfriends. On the other hand, Hitagi was also put off by their bro-con (brother complex) eyes.
Quote:
Koyomi made a cameo in that novel driving a taxi car it doesn't look he grieving over Hitagi death. I think Hitagi name was mention in Hanamonogatari a proof she alive.
To be exact, Araragi drives a new Beetle. I see the old Beetle was used as a taxi car in Japan, I don't know about the new Beetle.

Not only Hitagi's name was mentioned, Araragi also reported her thoughts on the recent Ishihara's policy.
Quote:

Spoiler for blah:
Spoiler for kabuki:
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-09, 02:32   Link #1254
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Spoiler for blah:
You can say that her age denotes her powers but she can willingly alter her form when in full power. When she and Araragi were preparing to fight Kisshot X she kept herself in loli form because she thinks that she'll betray Araragi if she turns back into a 28 year old. As for how Araragi strips his powers it comes back to how when a servant kills his master he'll turn back into a human. By being extremely close to killing Kissshot he is also extremely close to being a human. Basically the degree to which you kill ones master is the degree of your powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post

Reading Otori right now, she went crazy before that point. She knew he had a girlfriend for a long time.
Nadeko only knew for sure Araragi had a girlfriend in September and it was even noted that she cried her eyes out that day. It was only then that she started going to the shrine and praying. Ickem would say that she was a crazy psycho since 6 years ago and someone else could say she started going crazy when she found out Araragi had a girlfriend but her psycho ways only first showed itself on Halloween.

I for one knew something wasn't right when she killed 20 some snakes.<---The best moe is crazy moe.

Last edited by omimon; 2011-11-01 at 20:47.
Old 2011-08-09, 05:23   Link #1255
Shikijin

Quote:
Truthfully the mechanic of vampires in this series is confusing and aren't explained in full so it really is anyone's guess.
The way I understand it, it all comes down to blood.

Spoiler for Kizu:
Quote:
Hanekawa loves Araragi but she believes Araragi and Hitagi are perfect for each other and that she loved him even more after he rejected her.
I think she loved him even more just because of the particular chara development she had in that book, not because he rejected her.
Old 2011-08-09, 13:38   Link #1256
Prime

I can't get tired when I'm reading all of this thread xD

They say that now are available in Bakatsuki the "Omakes" of the novels, so I will go there to read a few.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-09, 14:58   Link #1257
Azoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Not only Hitagi's name was mentioned, Araragi also reported her thoughts on the recent Ishihara's policy.
So that confirm she alive after Hitagi's end.
Old 2011-08-09, 15:02   Link #1258
shinobu-chan
Heart-under-Blade

When I watched Bakemonogatari, I was like "Man, Senjougahara is so awesome.", and then Kizumonogatari changed my point of view.
Old 2011-08-09, 15:18   Link #1259
Shikijin

Finally read the ending of Otori.
Spoiler for Otorimonogatari:
Old 2011-08-09, 15:40   Link #1260
Romanticide

What period/year did you think the first servant was from?
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance