AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-02, 09:36   Link #1121
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
The statements about the kirara flocking to the centers and glowing more brightly around them than ever, and that when their glow reachers its peak they "unlock the power to transcend space and time" certainly seems to support the theory I tossed out. If that is what's happening, the conventions of storytelling make it somewhat more likely that the centers are still alive (or, at least, that they were still alive when their journey via kirara ended). It would be unnecessarily tragic and anticlimactic for folks to discover "yeah, they all just got teleported randomly... most of them ended up in deep space and died in a few seconds. Kinda sucks." after all. They likely ended up somewhere (or somewhen) specific.

It's still just a theory at this point, though. It seems to fit the facts, but we can't prove it yet.
But if they were just sent somewhere, why wouldn't they just return back to AKB0048? They should be able to at least go somewhere and send them a message. If they were just teleported I don't see why they would all suddenly wish to quit the team. Whatever come with or after the teleport seems to always result in the girl graduating, enough that the successor spot they hold would be free for someone else. It would make more sense if that teleport would have an specific destination, which would be the reason of they not coming back.

If it was a Kirara drive though, wouldn't the other idols notice? They are experienced with doing Kirara Drives with their ship, so I would expect them to be able to recognize one happening in the middle of a concert with the centers.

Well this mystery is likely taking long before it's fully revealed.
Old 2012-06-02, 09:55   Link #1122
sa547
*Author

Came back with a wallpaper this time:
Old 2012-06-02, 09:55   Link #1123
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
But if they were just sent somewhere, why wouldn't they just return back to AKB0048? They should be able to at least go somewhere and send them a message. If they were just teleported I don't see why they would all suddenly wish to quit the team. Whatever come with or after the teleport seems to always result in the girl graduating, enough that the successor spot they hold would be free for someone else. It would make more sense if that teleport would have an specific destination, which would be the reason of they not coming back.
Sure. I never said there might not be something waiting for them at the other end of the journey. I just said that if that was what's happening, storytelling conventions make it more likely that the girls survived the trip.

Also, I mentioned before that AKB0048 seems to use the term "graduated" to refer to anything that results in an idol not performing any more. While some, like the older Tomochins and Tsubasa, graduated just by retiring, others like Acchan are said to have "graduated" simply because they're gone and no one can find them. Other have probably "graduated" with the assistance of fatal bullet-wounds at the hands of DES. Graduation does not seem to necessarily be a voluntary thing, in this universe.

Quote:
If it was a Kirara drive though, wouldn't the other idols notice? They are experienced with doing Kirara Drives with their ship, so I would expect them to be able to recognize one happening in the middle of a concert with the centers.
*shrugs* We don't have enough information, at present.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 10:32   Link #1124
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Also, I mentioned before that AKB0048 seems to use the term "graduated" to refer to anything that results in an idol not performing any more. While some, like the older Tomochins and Tsubasa, graduated just by retiring, others like Acchan are said to have "graduated" simply because they're gone and no one can find them. Other have probably "graduated" with the assistance of fatal bullet-wounds at the hands of DES. Graduation does not seem to necessarily be a voluntary thing, in this universe.
We still do need more information to what exactly becoming a successor means, and what consequences that would mean to graduating.

Is becoming a successor something mundane like someone (Tsubasa or maybe S-Quadruple) deciding a certain girl fits and they promote her? Or is it something more supernatural? If it is the first, than simply not having the person there could be considered as if they graduate. The later case thought could mean that if the girl is still alive and don't wish to graduate herself, the spot for her name wouldn't be open for future generations.

So far I'm more for it being something supernatural, considering things regarding the AKB0048 so far that seems to point into that direction. Just a theory though, and we will likely understand how it works after we see one of the current research students inheriting a name.
Old 2012-06-02, 15:57   Link #1125
Random Wanderer

Spoiler for Nagisa demonstrates how not to use a micsaber:
Old 2012-06-02, 16:56   Link #1126
mochichan

Considering the successor said they never meet Sensei sensei, of course they could be lying....we can eliminate the shrine being involve in the process right?
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 17:23   Link #1127
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
Considering the successor said they never meet Sensei sensei, of course they could be lying....we can eliminate the shrine being involve in the process right?
I don't think they said they never met him, but they're not allowed to pry about him. They could have gone to the shrine, but just weren't told any details about Sensei-sensei. Possibly.
Old 2012-06-02, 17:32   Link #1128
Random Wanderer

[crazy theory]When the trainees are about to become successors, they are all eaten alive and replaced by alien clones who are using the power of music to subvert humanity. In short, the DGTO and DES were right all along. [/crazy theory]
Old 2012-06-02, 23:32   Link #1129
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Images
Megami scan
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-06-03, 00:06   Link #1130
sa547
*Author

^
Manatsu no Feel Good - the 0048 edition.

Thank you, it's just right for summer.

Edit: funny thing is... Yes, Sonata is supposed to be 10.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-06-03 at 00:17.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 00:10   Link #1131
Random Wanderer

...Whoa, Chieri, where have you been hiding those?
Old 2012-06-03, 01:02   Link #1132
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
^
Manatsu no Feel Good - the 0048 edition.

Thank you, it's just right for summer.

Edit: funny thing is... Yes, Sonata is supposed to be 10.
Yeah, that's what I thought. Shouldn't Sonata switch with Yuka or is Yuka and Makoto the flat as a board ones?
Old 2012-06-03, 01:27   Link #1133
mochichan

...is it weird 10 yrs old sonata have boob? and wear bikini top? while Yuka is like 14 but is flatter than sonata?

yeah..it's weird......
Old 2012-06-03, 03:07   Link #1134
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
...is it weird 10 yrs old sonata have boob? and wear bikini top? while Yuka is like 14 but is flatter than sonata?

yeah..it's weird......
The 2 Litres of Soy Milk works wonder I must say.

Also, read one of the manga of the AKB0048 series

Spoiler for Possibly could be incorporated to the anime:
Old 2012-06-03, 03:17   Link #1135
mechdra

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
The 2 Litres of Soy Milk works wonder I must say.

Also, read one of the manga of the AKB0048 series

Spoiler for Possibly could be incorporated to the anime:
Why am I having this bad feeling we will see a character voiced by Yuichi Nakamura in this series? Having Sae voiced by Mai Nakahara does not help at all.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 09:41   Link #1136
Kazu-kun

Pretty good episode.

Spoiler for episode 6:

EDIT: if anyone is interested, episode 6 (raw) is already up on himado.in

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-06-03 at 11:30.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 12:46   Link #1137
mochichan

Spoiler for ep 6:

------------

-Insert songs.

-Manatsu no sounds good - AKB48 new song that sold over 1 million copies the first day and 1.66 million first week. PV bloody vomiting, dying girls meet sunny beach and bikini :P

http://vid48.com/watch_video.php?v=B6367447ANS6

- I have no idea what's the 2nd song is right now :P

- The fire, tiger, cyber...etc chant the fans did is the fans chant during idol concert. I heard it's a history thing rather than just AKB, but AKB fans use it alot.
It's to raise the concert energy.
Old 2012-06-03, 12:46   Link #1138
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Pretty good episode.

Spoiler for episode 6:

EDIT: if anyone is interested, episode 6 (raw) is already up on himado.in
hmmmm

Spoiler for My thoughts: