AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-12-26, 11:15   Link #941
kikix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbia View Post
Divine Dividing also has the weakness of having to release the excess power that has been absorbed, meaning it also has limits based on the users body.
It is a shared weakness between divine dividing and boosted gear. Issei cannot tap into full power of boosted gear because his body is weak, too. Vali simply have a lot of his own, innate power and that is what makes him reach his own limit easily I believe.

Also, I don't think he can activate it only once each ten seconds. Everytime he touches someone is more likely. Not that I recall a battle where Vali went all-out (except when he wrecked Pluto, but that was with Empyreo Juggernaught Drive which hardly counts).

It's true that Divine Dividing may be more strenous on the host and that could be used. However, even in that case, Vali is at an advantage. As I said, the "equality" among the hosts was probably more of a storytelling reason, than what was genuinely possible.

By the way, before they became sacred gears, Ddraig and Albion probably did not have their sacred gear abilities, so them being equal at that time have little bearing on this. There is absolutely no information about their actual dragon strength, other than them being among the strongest of all dragons and...through that...all races.

Now, do not misunderstand me. I really love this story and I'm absolutely not for changing the writing style into one that remains true to the logic of what was written before. All of the above that I wrote, I did simply to show that comparing characters within story and based on story give two different results. That's because within story, any explanation is valid, while that cannot be said out of story.
For example, Kiba is said, within story, to be amazingly fast, to the point where he's not visible to an untrained eye. Yet he during descriptive battles is still hit by people that do not posses nearly that speed. Pretty much everyone can react to him.
This sort of thing is very often used in supernatural stories. Superfast characters being chased (and losing in a race to) slower characters. Superstrong characters being able to pick up and throw cars that are stopped by doors. Boot this works only within story and leaves little place for comparisons outside. At least, that is my opinion.
kikix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 20:26   Link #942
breno.m.fis

Merry christmas and a prosperous new year to all of you fellow fans of HSDxD.
breno.m.fis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 01:05   Link #943
Tbolt

Happy New Year all.

Last edited by Tbolt; 2014-01-01 at 12:06.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 11:05   Link #944
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Happy New Year everyone!
Old 2014-01-01, 23:20   Link #945
it_happens

Happy Holidays to all as well
it_happens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 06:36   Link #946
dannclark

So wait I'm confused. Is Indra a bad guy or a good guy? wasn't he involved in the whole underworld attack thing? Why did he send sun wukong to help?

And when is the next volume going to be released? anything juicy about the next one in the afterword?
dannclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 06:45   Link #947
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
If I guess he hate vali grand dad and he doesn't want to kill great red just yet for now, so rather fighting another sect of Khaos brigade they have temporary truce with the alliance to fight it, an enemy of my enemy is my friend

Last edited by kusabireika; 2014-01-02 at 06:57.
kusabireika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 07:16   Link #948
dannclark

true i guess isn't indra like the strongest god thats been introduced so far though? why doesnt he just decend down and fuck up everything and be done with it? lol
Old 2014-01-02, 07:21   Link #949
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannclark View Post
true i guess isn't indra like the strongest god thats been introduced so far though? why doesnt he just decend down and fuck up everything and be done with it? lol
Actually Indra is strong he is in top 10 according in ln, the problem lies if Indra quickly eliminated great red than his plan will be ruin, he doesn't want excess energy to fight great red just yet, though its only my speculation we don't know if I guess it correctly.

It depends on the author himself if he will portray Indra as final boss of hs dxd
Old 2014-01-02, 07:25   Link #950
Vezon

Quote:
Indra wants to build an army to fight off Shiva. He wants strong candidates to help him so killing off the Two Heavenly Dragon wouldn't be ideal.
Old 2014-01-02, 07:29   Link #951
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezonisdead View Post
Indra wants to build an army to fight off Shiva. He wants strong candidates to help him so killing off the Two Heavenly Dragon wouldn't be ideal.
The real question between Indra and Shiva who is there ally or foe that's the question
Old 2014-01-02, 07:29   Link #952
dannclark

Quote:
No i meant Rivezium (however you spell his name) Valis grandad
Old 2014-01-02, 07:35   Link #953
Vezon

Quote:
Vali's Granddad is a super devil. Apparently they're as strong any of the Top 10 strongest. So Rizevim= Indra in terms of power.
Old 2014-01-02, 07:35   Link #954
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
He is definitely top 10 if I guess he want remove Vali's grand dad out of equation so he did the easy way making temp alliance with allied faction, he is god of war after all so there something under Indra's sleeves
Old 2014-01-02, 07:38   Link #955
dannclark

Quote:
Vali's Granddad is a super devil. Apparently they're as strong any of the Top 10 strongest. So Rizevim= Indra in terms of power.
hmmm seems like everyones a long ways off being able to fight him then. If he's really that strong why would vali even bother trying to fight him lol
Old 2014-01-02, 07:41   Link #956
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
hmmm seems like everyones a long ways off being able to fight him then. If he's really that strong why would vali even bother trying to fight him lol
If I remember the author loves too. ... So ranking them top 10 is hard the only fixed spot is great red 0_0
Old 2014-01-02, 10:13   Link #957
nacer666

Volume 17 will be in february.
nacer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 11:03   Link #958
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
Vali was enraged and unaware of Rizevim's Sacred Gear Canceler ability, so he probably thought he could take him on in his Empireo Juggernaut Over-Drive. They may be very far off from being able to take on Rizevim now, but that's why Sun Wukong is going to be training them.

As for Indra, who knows what he's up to. Probably sees Rizevim as a possible threat and wants him out of the picture.
Old 2014-01-03, 05:41   Link #959
II Maestro

Update~!

Crom Cruach vs Ise & Vali looks like Crom Cruach has the advantage Vali can't use his juggernaut overdrive due to losing too much stamina while Ise isn't that strong yet to fight the Darkness Dragon or boss Crom.
Old 2014-01-03, 08:40   Link #960
Chris38

Well, after reading the most recent update ... I have to say that Rias new move ... as it was mentioned in the previous volumes ... is quite deadly ... and the only weakness that I see it having, is the fact that it has a quite long activation time, but once it's activated ... I think that few things can survive this move.

I also find it interesting, that Rias was capable of developing this move, because of her dragon power sucking ritual's with Ise.

The rest of the updated chapter is also pretty interesting ... and it seems that both Vali and Ise still have a long way ahead of them, if they want to become a match for their current enemies.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novel, translation