AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-02-17, 11:19   Link #18981
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The confession technically doesn't count when the person you're confessing to doesn't hear it. Anyway, Ikeda is a smart man. He's doing this all on purpose, Moka not hearing it, Kurumu being the only one to hear it, it's a rather clever way of going about it. I can only speculate so I'll just go and say it'll be interesting to say the least.

Anyway... Kurumu crying? >_> <_< =_= I don't wanna see that anymore...

Anyway @Haru~ where did you get Mizore turning into a Yuri? it was her intricate plot in an attempt to remove Kurumu from the harem.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 11:28   Link #18982
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Anyway... Kurumu crying? >_> <_< =_= I don't wanna see that anymore...

Anyway @Haru~ where did you get Mizore turning into a Yuri? it was her intricate plot in an attempt to remove Kurumu from the harem.
I don't wanna see it too. And Mizore and Kurumu kissed in earlier chapters which is kinda hot but I'd rather be in between them.
I wish Ikeda will not break the harem until the end. Like To-LOVE-Ru where a Harem plan is being executed.
Old 2011-02-17, 11:32   Link #18983
Tachibana
タチバナ

We don't know if it's going to be Gin X Kurumu, Gin has feelings for Sun not Kurumu but i guess he will try to comfort her.

Besides, this was going to happen, weve all probably seen animes and mangas with one guy and his harem and out of the whole harem he chooses that special girl he wants to be with. R+V is just another one of those except with a great plot and storyline.
Old 2011-02-17, 11:38   Link #18984
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
We don't know if it's going to be Gin X Kurumu, Gin has feelings for Sun not Kurumu but i guess he will try to comfort her.

Besides, this was going to happen, weve all probably seen animes and mangas with one guy and his harem and out of the whole harem he chooses that special girl he wants to be with. R+V is just another one of those except with a great plot and storyline.
That's why it's going downhill again. Cliche harem. Not the Sugisaki harem.
About the plot right now, I find it weak, after Moka was kidnapped, I was thinking, am I seeing Super Mario Bros. (saving and stuff) or something? Too cliche.
BTW. Some harem MCs who I watched choose shitty choices, so I'm in for Sugisaki's thinking where Harem end is the best end. (Of course Wincest is the also the best end. See my sig.)

Also if Gin isn't interested on Kurumu, stay away from her and just stop setting this flags. If someone who has the right to comfort her, it is Tsukune's job to do it.
Old 2011-02-17, 11:53   Link #18985
Johnny
Working the bags...

Call me Mr Grumpy but after seeing the first part again I thought it was pretty tasteless and not funny at all. Even more so Mizore being the one pulling after what happened to her in her village...

Mizore goes yuri is just a fantasy some wish for, but the kiss didn't have those undertones to it...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 11:55   Link #18986
Tachibana
タチバナ

@Haru~

Well, i see that you don't like the way things are going. However, it doesn't mean that we think the same as you do.

Personally, i think Rosario Vampire is the best series so far i have read that involved both humans and demons other than Yu Yu Hakusho, Ikeda has done some brilliant work on Rosario Vampire.

But just because the harem might break off before the end, doesn't mean that the series is going downhill, because it's about get a hell of a lot better.
Old 2011-02-17, 12:00   Link #18987
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru~ View Post
That's why it's going downhill again. Cliche harem. Not the Sugisaki harem.
About the plot right now, I find it weak, after Moka was kidnapped, I was thinking, am I seeing Super Mario Bros. (saving and stuff) or something? Too cliche.
BTW. Some harem MCs who I watched choose shitty choices, so I'm in for Sugisaki's thinking where Harem end is the best end. (Of course Wincest is the also the best end. See my sig.)

Also if Gin isn't interested on Kurumu, stay away from her and just stop setting this flags. If someone who has the right to comfort her, it is Tsukune's job to do it.
Well if you don't like how the R+v manga is developing you don't need to read it, after all no matter how much we discuss this topic, it's up to Ikeda to decide how the R+V manga is going to develop - it's his story after all...

So on something new to talk about (since I don't think this shipping talk is going to bring us anywhere) I wonder about the connection between Moka and Tsukune, which seems to have grown stronger, considering the fact that Tsukune is capable of felling Moka's current emotions, and since (in the manga) a day has already passed it means that there is probably a huge distance between Moka's and Tsukune's current locations...

It also might point something about Alucard's connection with Moka and Tsukune, since if Tsukune is able to fell Moka's emotions from such a huge distance, it might also mean that Alucard also is capable of reviving from his slumber, even if Moka's and Tsukune's Shinso powers awaken in a location that is far away from Alucard's current "resting place"...

Of course, Alucard's Shinso blood might not be as deeply synchronized with Tsukune's and Moka's Shinso blood - at least not as deep as the blood synchronization between Tsukune and Moka , but unfortunately we can't say that for sure yet, and considering how strong the connection between Moka and Tsukune is, and since currently we can't say how strong Alucard's connection with Moka and Tsukune is, we can't deny the possibility of Alucard awakening even if Tsukune and Moka awaken their Shinso blood in a location that is far away from Alucard's resting place...

Last edited by Chris38; 2011-02-17 at 12:16.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 12:32   Link #18988
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Call me Mr Grumpy but after seeing the first part again I thought it was pretty tasteless and not funny at all. Even more so Mizore being the one pulling after what happened to her in her village...

Mizore goes yuri is just a fantasy some wish for, but the kiss didn't have those undertones to it...
^ this guy speaks the mother fukin truth!

but remember johnny, some of these viewers are children and think two girls holding hands is a act of yuri =\

EDIT: really people? ...Really? http://mistystuffer.deviantart.com/a...20mizore&qo=27
Old 2011-02-17, 13:03   Link #18989
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Well I agree with you on that Kyero :facepalm:, Really, what are some people thinking about... sigh.
Old 2011-02-17, 13:03   Link #18990
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I think some of you are underestimating Ikeda's writing skill! I do believe that he'll come up with an end that'll please us all.
Old 2011-02-17, 13:07   Link #18991
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Nice chapter having seen it. To be honest I'm *NOT* a fan of Harem for it's own sake, so I'm pretty happy to see Tsukune beginning to publically asert his true feelings; as most of the readers have known which way this was going to go for some time, and the longer it was drawn out with the girls, the more painful it was going to be.

Even if its painful, having Tsukune's mindset laid bare will hurt the girls right now, but it may help them move on in the longer term; it was going to happen sooner or later; they may as well begin moving on now.

On the main crux of the chapter, I noticed that Tsukune has not only mentioned he has vampire blood from Moka, but also, whilst Touhai revealed he had heard something from Mikogami, it's unclear of how much.
It's also pretty clear that Tsukune wasn't activating his stronger vampiric powers in the slightest; there was no sign of his stronger ghoul/vampire nature at all or his chain stressing; which means that although Touhai currently felt dissapointed and that Akua would be much stronger, he hasn't seen any of Tsukune's potential in the same way Mikogami and the others have. The human reconstruction procedure may well bring that forward, and hopefully give Tsukune a nice boost in the process, even if it is painful!

Was good to see the chapter launching right into it on the last page as well, no mindless faffing about with this training, looks like we're going to go right into the heart of it now. (Which is good as the backstory arc has been a bit slow this year, so it seems like the pace may be upping again)

Funniest frame in the chapter was the one with Karate guy and Kokoa, I did find the whole thing at the beginning with the blood a little tasteless, but Gin's whole reaction and his fresh appraisal of a chair and floor was pretty amusing.

I don't see much Yuri in Mizore's manner to be honest, she was just acting like usual stalker-Mizore trying to catch something interesting.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 13:08   Link #18992
Shadow5YA

That was a distasteful prank by Mizore. A girl who was almost a victim of rape decides to pull a rape joke? That's cold.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 13:08   Link #18993
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I think some of you are underestimating Ikeda's writing skill! I do believe that he'll come up with an end that'll please us all.
Well, considering what he was able to accomplish so far, I believe that's a possibility, although realistically speaking even the best kind of ending isn't going to satisfy everyone, and there will always be some people that are going to complain about it... but it's not like it concerns me what others think if I'm still enjoying reading this manga

@tyranuus

Well, I agree with you that Tsukune hasn't brought up the full extent of his capabilities, during Tohou Fuhai's sparing session, but the reason for that, might because Ikeda didn't want Tsukune to learn the Jigen-tou - despite what was said in the previous chapter, and actually wanted to make Tsukune learn how to use youkai techniques instead...

At least that's one explanation that I could find, to explain why Tsukune didn't pull out the full extent of what he is currently capable of in chapter 39...
Old 2011-02-17, 13:09   Link #18994
~ Motoko Chan ~
The Ecchi Princess

Send a message via Yahoo to ~ Motoko Chan ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

Mizore going yuri? *sighs* A girl can hope...

Old 2011-02-17, 13:21   Link #18995
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
@tyranuus

Well, I agree with you that Tsukune hasn't brought up the full extent of his capabilities, during Tohou Fuhai's sparing session, but the reason for that, might because Ikeda didn't want Tsukune to learn the Jigen-tou - despite what was said in the previous chapter, and actually wanted to make Tsukune learn how to use youkai techniques instead...

At least that's one explanation that I could find, to explain why Tsukune didn't pull out the full extent of what he is currently capable of in chapter 39...
Could also be because he couldn't at that point in time. Whilst he is stronger and faster than any normal human, he's still not superhuman in his standard state. His higher power outbursts are usually in times of emotional high/desperation, and often accompanied by the surges of youkai which damage the lock.
Whilst the lock is still intact, holding back his power and he's still fully rational, it's quite possible that he wasn't physically able to up his youkai to the level needed to increase his speed and strength far enough. Touhai's old in his standard form, but he's still not human, no way near, and he has experience on his side.
To quote Marvel 'you wouldn't like me when I'm angry'.

After that reconstruction procedure, that may no longer be the case; as to use Ayashi arts it'd be a simple and logical progression to believe it'll up the flow of Youkai around his body, as well as any other side effects it may garner to his physical body in the process.

Either way the story is picking up pace; there's plenty of potential for development and plot progression now so I'm happy
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 13:55   Link #18996
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
Could also be because he couldn't at that point in time. Whilst he is stronger and faster than any normal human, he's still not superhuman in his standard state. His higher power outbursts are usually in times of emotional high/desperation, and often accompanied by the surges of youkai which damage the lock.
Whilst the lock is still intact, holding back his power and he's still fully rational, it's quite possible that he wasn't physically able to up his youkai to the level needed to increase his speed and strength far enough. Touhai's old in his standard form, but he's still not human, no way near, and he has experience on his side.
To quote Marvel 'you wouldn't like me when I'm angry'.

After that reconstruction procedure, that may no longer be the case; as to use Ayashi arts it'd be a simple and logical progression to believe it'll up the flow of Youkai around his body, as well as any other side effects it may garner to his physical body in the process.

Either way the story is picking up pace; there's plenty of potential for development and plot progression now so I'm happy
Well, that's a possibility as well, but considering the fact that Tsukune should be capable of controlling his youkai energies to some extent, it shouldn't be a problem for to increase the amount of youkai energy Tsukune is currently using...

Still, we don't know a lot about Tsukune's condition and like you said, while Tsukune is certainly above a normal human, he still might not be strong enough to fight against opponents like Tohou Fuhai for example, which means that he is going to need improve that - and I agree with you that Tsukune's improvement in using his vampire abilities is going to be some side effect of the human modification ritual...

Although, in my opinion _ Tsukune is still going to need the Holy Lock after the ritual - well, it might be possible that Tsukune is going to be able to remove it for a short amount of time, but I don't think he's going to undergo such an improvement that Tsukune is going to be able to safely use his powers without the Holy Lock for some unlimited time - true there might have been some improvement in the case of the restraints put on Tsukune's full capabilities, but I don't think they will be completely removed as one of the results of Tohou Fuhai's ritual - if that happened, in my opinion, it wouldn't be a case of good writing skills...
Old 2011-02-17, 13:57   Link #18997
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That was a distasteful prank by Mizore. A girl who was almost a victim of rape decides to pull a rape joke? That's cold.
A play on words?
Old 2011-02-17, 14:19   Link #18998
Tachibana
タチバナ

It's still possible that Tsukune might learn the Jigen-Tou, even though he only wanted to "just block it" in Ch39. At first in Ch38 Tsukune DID want to learn the Jigen-Tou, but in Ch39he brushed aside the thought of learning Jigen-Tou to just blocking the technique.

Ikeda might use the whole "fight fire with fire" method, to which he would keep use in the dark, to where Tsukune would actually learn the Jigen-Tou after the ritual, to where his body is able to use youkai techniques, i'm not saying its going to happen but i'm saying it's possible.

Since the Jigen-Tou is basically the "Ultimate Blade" according to Touhou, it might be unlikely that he had developed a counter-technique against Jigen-Tou, we can only assume that he did in case that Jigen-Tou fell into the wrong hands, as a safety precaution.

But whatever Tsukune will learn to "block" Jigen-Tou, would have to be a dimensional technique, question is, what will it be?

My thoughts about the "Human Modification Technique", is that Tsukune's body will become a ayashi based body, which will not only allow him to use youkai techniques, but will also allow him to be able to help control his Shinso powers and maintain his Vamp/Shinso form without going berserk and that the "new body" Tsukune would would gain, would be from his human lineage, which would be great for Tsukune, simply saying, it would almost be as if he would be reborn from a human into an ayashi, not completly of course, but you know what i'm getting at...

And since Touhou has learned about Tsukune from Mikogami, than he knows that Tsukune was originally human, which also means that this "ritual" is "perfect" for Tsukune.

What are your thoughts about this?
Old 2011-02-17, 14:44   Link #18999
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
The first thing I wanted to point out regarding this chapter is that I liked how it's picking up speed again. Tsukune's training is moving on quite fast, as it should considering Moka is captured and everyone wants to go save her asap, particularly Tsukune. One thing I also noticed is that, as tyranus pointed out, Tsukune didn't appear to be using his Shinso powers, so I don't believe Fuhai-sensei actually witnessed the full extent of Tsukune's power. Also, I don't remember Fuhai-sensei explicitly saying that he can't use the Jigentou (else why would he be training him?), but I think he realized later that there's too much training for him to go through to really be able to use it, and that's why he suggested the reconstruction method. I do believe Tsukune can actually learn the Jigen-tou eventually.

The other thing I wanted to say is that I really feel sorry for Kurumu. While it was eventually bound to happen, I feel this revelation hit her pretty hard nonetheless, and I really didn't like how Gin and Mizore toyed with her right after waking up from a stressful plight. T'was really not fair, and I really hope she and Gin don't end up together, particularly after pulling that prank on her. That being said, I am glad that the harem is coming to an end now that Tsukune went and said what he said. It was pretty clear from the beginning that Tsukune only had eyes from her, and it has been so for quite a while. Now is the time to truly emphasize it and I don't believe there could've been a better time for it either.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 14:45   Link #19000
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Spoiler for snip:
Well, in my opinion youkai techniques is something different then the Jigen-tou, and in my opinion youkai techniques are some kind of barrier creating abilities that are capable of reducing the effect the Jigen-tou has on a person - after all, judging from the information revealed about the Jigen-tou, it's not a sword that is capable of creating a new dimension but a technique using barrier techniques that allows it's user to delay his existence, and in my opinion they might exist some kind of barriers that are capable of blocking it - but the specifics are probably best left for Ikeda to reveal...

True, we don't know what is going to happen after Tsukune undergoes the ritual, but in my opinion giving Tsukune new techniques isn't a good way to increase someone's power - after all, after learning how to use youkai techniques and a probable increase in Tsukune's vampire capabilities, Tsukune's potential is certainly going to grow and, in my opinion giving him the ability to use the Jigen-tou as well, might be a little too much, but of course that's up to Ikeda too decide, despite my opinion on this topic...

Regarding the effect the ritual is going to have on Tsukune's body - well, it depends on what Mikogami has said to Tohou Fuhai about Tsukune's condition - considering what kind of guy Mikogami is, I wouldn't be surprised that he would omit a few pieces of information that Tohou Fuhai should know about, before he started operating on Tsukune's body - but that might be just my general opinion of Mikogami leaking out...

Honestly speaking the effect the ritual is going to have on Tsukune could be basically anything and until Ikeda reveals some more concrete information about the human modification ritual and the effect it's going to have on Tsukune's body we are basically discussing what we would want to happen to Tsukune, which generally doesn't mean that Ikeda is going to have the same opinion about this as we do...

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire